It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If these people cared about social justice, they'd be protesting banks, governments, etc. That they attack other citizens instead shows that they care nothing about society or justice. They are cowards and liars.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Sorry but no.
When you're actually being arrested, imprisoned, punished for having an opinion others don't agree with, THEN you can come back and claim that.

STFU. Try being black and back talking a cop. its more being profiled (walking while black, driving while black)
pulled over, beaten up, tazed, shot and sent to the hospital or morgue for the cruelty or fun of it.

Thats fascism in disguise.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sorry but no.
When you're actually being arrested, imprisoned, punished for having an opinion others don't agree with, THEN you can come back and claim that.

STFU. Try being black and back talking a cop. its more being profiled (walking while black, driving while black)
pulled over, beaten up, tazed, shot and sent to the hospital or morgue for the cruelty or fun of it.

Why would any sane person consider back talking a cop? If you disagree with him or the ticket, you follow through and have your say in court.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

My friend, it isn't even disguised.

Fascism is defined as the use of socioeconomic pressure to manage/manipulate a population.

If that doesn't describe the way our governments tend to engage the african american community in america....i don't know what does. Especially if you buy some of the conspiracies (which i do) about the 3 letter folks being the kingpin drug dealers.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Sorry but no.

Why would any sane person consider back talking a cop? If you disagree with him or the ticket, you follow through and have your say in court.

Meanwhile, you lose your job for not getting there within the time frame determined by company policy, or making the call in time to report your absence.

If you find that acceptable, fine. I don't.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Sorry but no.

How about instead of back talking a cop, some respect is shown and there is no back talk? If a cop has over stepped the mark legally, deal with it afterwards. Why escalate?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Sorry but no.

Meanwhile, you lose your job for not getting there within the time frame determined by company policy, or making the call in time to report your absence.

What are you talking about? You lose your job because a cop pulls you over or stops you to ask questions?
Makes no sense. Seems like you are suggesting black people should be immune from being approached by police?
edit on 23/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nicorette
If these people cared about social justice, they'd be protesting banks, governments, etc. That they attack other citizens instead shows that they care nothing about society or justice. They are cowards and liars.

They would never do that. The banks and the govt are the very structures that give them handouts. If they had to work they would have no time to riot and agitate others.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Sorry but no.

So, escalating a situation and back talking to the cop will not create a worse scenario? One can hardly keep employment while sitting in jail, can they?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Nicorette

They would never do that. The banks and the govt are the very structures that give them handouts. If they had to work they would have no time to riot and agitate others.

They already did do that. It was called Occupy Wall Street and it didn't do a bit of good.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My friend, it isn't even disguised.

Not if you live there.

Fascism is defined as the use of socioeconomic pressure to manage/manipulate a population.

I think I meant media and government (courts) always back up the officers saying whatever they did was 'justifiable'. Thats what I meant by facism in disguise. They lie to the rest of us about the systemic oppression in the hood.

edit on 23-4-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

edit on 23-4-2016 by intrptr because: can't get it straight.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

How about instead of back talking a cop, some respect is shown and there is no back talk?

Because they're tired of being profiled and jacked up for no 'particular' reason?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

What are you talking about? You lose your job because a cop pulls you over or stops you to ask questions?
Makes no sense. Seems like you are suggesting black people should be immune from being approached by police?

The post i replied to didn't say "ask questions". It said "ticket".

It seems to me that I am suggesting that I should be able to speak freely to a police officer without having it create further harassment. I don't care what color someone's skin is.

So, escalating a situation and back talking to the cop will not create a worse scenario? One can hardly keep employment while sitting in jail, can they?

Maybe we are talking about something different here....

....but the notion of "back talking" a cop would imply he has authority over me. I will not accept that.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The post i replied to didn't say "ask questions". It said "ticket".

It seems to me that I am suggesting that I should be able to speak freely to a police officer without having it create further harassment. I don't care what color someone's skin is.

Maybe we are talking about something different here....

....but the notion of "back talking" a cop would imply he has authority over me. I will not accept that.

If you break the law you get a ticket. That sounds fair enough. What's to talk about?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

How about instead of back talking a cop, some respect is shown and there is no back talk?

Because they're tired of being profiled and jacked up for no 'particular' reason?

So because they feel profiled they escalate and create an issue that's worse. That does not make an sense at all. Deal with it in court.

Are they really being profiled? Or are police just focusing on areas of highest crime? I agree there have been cases of bad cops targeting groups, but is it pervasive?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The law.

Police are not legal experts, and they are not above reproach.

Perhaps they want to search my vehicle, and I don't want them to. Perhaps I match a profile of someone else, and I need to stand on the side of the road for an hour while they sort everything out. Each of those things has happened to me in the past. Each time it consumed a sizable portion of my day.

LOL, "what's to talk about".
edit on 4/23/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The law.

Perhaps they want to search my vehicle, and I don't want them to. Perhaps I match a profile of someone else, and I need to stand on the side of the road for an hour while they sort everything out. Each of those things has happened to me in the past. Each time it consumed a sizable portion of my day.

It happens. Best to get over it and use the law after the event if you feel your rights have been violated.
I am sure in 99.99% of cases the cops are just trying to do their job.
I have been stopped a few times for speeding.
For some reason on one of the speeding occasions I was a little peed off and was not respectful to the police officer. I ended up with a large fine and points on my licence. On all other occasions, where i was respectful, I was sent on my way with no problem.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The law.

Seriously, my cousins suffered through being woken up at 3 am, all of the males in the household were handcuffed and had to sit in the middle of the room until the police could verify none of them were the individual they were seeking for back child support.

They were not angry at the police. It was obvious they were just trying to do their job. Their anger was at the individual who had created this scenario. It is all perspective. Obviously, if they had escalated an argument, the whole process would have taken longer and no one, even the police want to waste their time.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

So because they feel profiled they escalate and create an issue that's worse. That does not make an sense at all. Deal with it in court.

Are they really being profiled? Or are police just focusing on areas of highest crime? I agree there have been cases of bad cops targeting groups, but is it pervasive?

Yes 'unofficially', its pervasive. I see you are from the UK? So I'll did a search…

results

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Yes 'unofficially', its pervasive. I see you are from the UK? So I'll did a search…

results

I've already looked at some of this. Lots of media stories and no substance.
Have you looked at the proportions of crime and the response. Is it not even handed?
Perhaps the real problem is crime and not the response to the crime.
I expect the police to be most active in areas of highest crime.
That's not profiling, its good police work.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join