It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AnnaDanishek

How is this "dumb rhetoric"? Is it better to just join a bunch of people who talk about "safe space", dont have a clue how to debate or expose their ideas in a rational manner, and attack everyone who doesn't agree with them? I'd say thats pretty divisive already. If we are already in a mess, how supporting someone to reach power that comes from this kind of messed up clueless background is going to make things better? I'm all for change, but there's two kinds of change, the good kind and the messy kind.
edit on 27-4-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Well the thing is people accepting and identifying with those labels... does that label make them them? In a separation as a demographic as someone to be chopped up divided and segregated to be pandered to to be repressed to be stereotyped quantified commercialized marketed too fed upon scrutinized by any of the ahem "others" having the exact same damn thing done to them, so basically all just people eating every single divide of being people to have some sort of identity...

But in reality those labels are just concepts thought forms that we accept as who we are or dont, why be self identifying with a label a divide especially over things no one chose on birth... human alive breathing, and then theres that huge divide, heres your number your country is this oh and you this color and this old and this is your religion and government and education punshment and here is your enemy and these are your friends and here are your neighbors and blah blah blah.

all people one world the divide is that picking those lines up and towing them as a purpose, but its a purpose one rarely chooses they accept it they live for it die for it and argue til blue in the face for it, but since its not a we all are subject to tis its a me and mine a you and yours and us and them... when every single last living breathing person is just that a person, having the same basic needs complicated by the lines we learn to tow the labels we say hey thats me with, when it isnt anything to keep killing over, hating over, or using to separate eachother over in the name of greed... in a big circular whirlwind of chaos...

theres peace in the middle of that tornado theres an calm in the eye of that hurricane, once one steps outside of the trope of life they are living see the tropes of life others are living and the entire framework it all rests on is lain bare as plain as day... of course one cant give others that experience when they are so caught in those winds of turbulance those winds they are conditioned and controlled by all one can do is point and say this is chaos this is not thinking properly this is delusion and ignorance, stop and find the center the peace because the storm is not reality of who we all are... we were just swept up by it until we experience different and in understanding... know that even that experience and understanding taken as a self is also just part of the storm... that others have experienced in some way shape or fashion.

All thats left is breath that animates a form, with dust and echos of being one can no longer mistake as the storm itself... but there is of course respect for all of those still mired, that helped bring ease peace a moment of happiness while caught up in it oneself and even those loving the chaos the destruction because that was a lesson of how not to be... extremes is how it is tossed like waves against the rocks rock says im strong wave says im stronger and time knows the tale, but always more rocks and more waves... we can pick them up or we can wave hello or good bye.

So each moment has a choice, and each choice usually has an intent and how that intent is carried out has an effect, that effect is a ripple causing thing seen and unseen expected and unexpected... and when nearly 7 billion people are mired in that whirlwind that storm hanging on a reality that is not reality without ego separate from others doing this? But with a hope of understanding and better even when so mired and caught up? Its nothing to stand and point as myself and others do that have wakened beyond the conceptual bias... it is no easy task, but there is no more suffering just overwhelming empathy for those not yet free... like a parent feeling a childs pain and holding them close instead of offering up more because thats life?

Subjecting our and others children to that same nonsense over and over generation after generation is the whirlwind itself... I hope clarity for all that they may see this occurring, see the reality and frameworks keeping such pain and misery spinning, and work for solutions to change it... adding issues by being an issue is obviously not a solution, but trying for better and encouraging others for better brings more understanding, and happiness, peace and love for one another to solve as all one people beyond minor distinctions which are simply a distraction not worth mention.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

That was so beautifully said -- thank you. I felt your words as much as I read them -- for want of a better way to say it. (I'm not as eloquent as you!). My hope and fervent prayer is that we -- collectively and individually -- can see our way above the whirlwind.

And I'm going to stop right there and think more on your words and the thoughts and ideals they express.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Dont sell yourself short with comparisons youve strength and talents, the hope I have with my voice, is that once someone wakes up they shake the nonsense and bias off and pass it along in living well and showing others the way. I didnt get to where I am alone, even though I hit bottom many times and learned eac time... no matter how far I go or anyone else there was all of human history up to whatever point and time right ten and right there, and thats simply the human spirit not that old mono tone song going: me me me me like typing this out right now, props have to go to every single person alive before me for this moment to even occur even the ones people see as stumbling blocks. Just perspectives and each one has its value some hard to see but its there.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The atypical SJW.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What throne?

Its the fact of being targeted as having actively participated in some form of oppression just because of your skin color and sex.

Sexist and Racist.

Most people are just trying to get by and don't have time to be racist or oppress anyone.

Who wants to be grouped into the jerk minority of a majority. Every group has them

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP of the thread where I first saw this video.

I would like to add it here to my thread because this illustrates exactly what the F I am talking about.....

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I keep getting into conflicts with Hillary supporters- unfortunately, often family members, who spout claims of her being the most amazing human being ever to have walked the earth,
then if you point out any faults, failings, mistakes, weakness, they start screamining "SEXIST! Misogynist! "
Then go on a long raging recounting of the struggle for womens rights that went on hundreds of years ago.

I don't hate Hillary, but I try to keep a critical mind and not get carried away in hyperbole.

But this way her supporters turn to that ridiculous refuge looks very bad for HER, in my mind. It looks as though all they see is a woman- they are not even paying attention to any of the other complexities of the human being she is. It doesn't matter to them. She is a woman, a woman needs to be in the White House, so put the blinders on and - go!

That is a dangerous path, I think. Our puppeteers in power know how to analyze and use the collective consciousness to their benefit- knowing that so many Americans are of that mind, it is then easy to manipulate their choice.
When individual discernment is gone, so is your power and freedom.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Play the game and it's spun to more of the same stress... same crap different facade oops I mean decade, or do I?

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join