It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I've really enjoyed (for want of a better word) reading your thread... all 19 pages... whew!!! And I assure you I never thought you were racist or sexist or any "ist"... I understand your points and agree as far as it goes, but I think we need to go farther to understand how it happened and how to fix it.

What I see is that we have gradually degraded our natural rights for constitutional rights... which were then degraded for civil rights... which are now usurped by color of law... because any law that does not protect and defend our natural rights is not a legitimate law. Unfortunately, we have too many of those, all of which have only led us to this current mess. Not one of those laws have fixed anything. At least not for the many -- only for the few. We have lost the foundational principles (and natural rights) of our Republic to the fickle opinions of a pseudo democracy.

SJWs epitomize the divide-and-conquer game playing out, pitting one group against another, keeping us fighting and blaming each other instead of those who created this mess. Any law that protects and/or promotes one group of people is a violation of natural rights, because natural rights apply equally to all.... And any law that protects and/or promotes one group of people (but not all people) is designed and intended to place some people above the law and everyone else below the law, guaranteed to divide the people. We have now reached the point that pretty much anyone and everyone is benefitting from these bogus laws one way or another, hence anyone and everyone can rightfully point to anyone and everyone else and accuse them of benefitting unfairly one way or another, creating an endless war on countless battle fronts that the PTB can pretend to "fix" while only making it worse.

Black Lives Matter is a perfect example of divide-and-conquer. Remember the "no Whites allowed?" Common sense and simple math tells us that there is strength in numbers, so why reject anyone on your side? Divide-and-conquer. And safe spaces??? You and I know that there is no such thing as "safe spaces" in the world. We know that it's a cold cruel world out there, and that our strength and our "safe spaces" come from within ourselves -- with a little help from our friends and family. We know that if these kids can't handle a name written in chalk on the sidewalk, that cold cruel world is gonna eat em alive. We also know that universities are supposed to be giving these kids the tools to stand on their own two feet and make a life for themselves in that cold cruel world... NOT turning them into spineless jellyfish afraid of their own shadows.

But these kids don't know how to find their strength and resources within themselves, so they turn to government for their answers. And in a misguided way it makes sense, because for too long many legitimate issues and grievances within the Black populace was because of government laws and regulations (such as red-lining and Jim Crow laws), so these kids figure since government broke it government can fix it... and they could, but they won't. They'll just continue to exploit Black issues for their own self-serving purposes. You and I know that government is the problem, not the solution... but they don't know that. They blame you and me and everyone that isn't in their position.

We can even see how it is played against Black people within their own communities, especially in the inner cities. As the few make it to college or even into the business world and make a place for themselves in the greater community, they are accused of being too "White" or turning their backs on "their people" or otherwise betraying their families and friends. If they don't vote the right way or support the right issues, then they're Uncle Toms and worse. If they don't join the right gang -- or any gang -- then they're fair game for those in the gang.... and even if they do join the "right" gang, they're a target for every other gang.

The current transgender controversy is another perfect example. The debate has reached the point of absolute lunacy and ludicrous. Gender is, by definition, what set of sex organs one is born with. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less. If anyone can decide what gender they "really are," then gender means nothing because anyone and everyone can define it any way they want.

The real debate should be focused on the many ways society has tried to impose a certain definition or standard for what a "real" man or woman is. Our focus should be on letting folks be free to be themselves and to be their best selves. I never liked so-called cisgendered men telling me who I am and should be as a woman, and I sure don't like so-called transgender men telling me who women really are and should be. I would think that men feel much the same and don't want or need anyone else telling them who they really are and should be. Because it's not about our genitalia... it's about our humanity and our individuality.

For more divide-and-conquer (though it doesn't get much public or media attention), there's a huge feud between the original feminists and the MTF (male-to-female) transgenders who want to hijack the real (and perceived) issues of women who are born with real female body parts to focus on the real (and perceived) issues of men who are born with male body parts but feel/want to be women. The transgender movement even has a slur for such feminists: "TERFs" (Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists.) Both have some legitimate grievances and issues; but they are not the same grievances and issues.

But the bottom line... the ultimate goal... the inevitable end result of all this is the complete subjugation of our rights for the government to force anyone and everyone to do anything and everything.

Nothing will get better for the many unless and until we stop dividing ourselves, fighting amongst ourselves, and blaming each other. We have to finally understand that we're all in this together, and that our only hope is to find common ground, identify our common needs and rights, and then fight TOGETHER and for EACH OTHER as well as for our own best interests. We have to return to our founding principles as our guiding principles: Natural Law, the Social Contract, and liberty and justice for ALL.

(Sorry it's so long... I really tried to keep it brief... I could have said even more!)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You ought to get an applause for that

Thanks for taking the time.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

*applauds*

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Awwwww shucks!

But thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
You know ... *chewing thoughtfully on some gum*

Trust me when I tell you this: You do not want to seriously tangle with the militant ones. Trust me. They're just as bad as any hardcore militant hate group. They can, will, and have make your life and other's lives a living hell. These aren't poor terrorists in a 3rd world country. These are educated people with resources and computer skills. They can and DO cyber-stalk and ruin the lives of people who they are angry at.

You are absolutely right. I have seen so many people mobbed by them online, sent death threats, doxxed by people who threatened to get them fired. And most of the people they do this to are not right-wingers, instead they are fairly moderate or even liberal themselves. They will attack you over the most trivial of issues, like your opinion on movies or videogames. They are crazy.

Its a shame that people think that its ok to defend their bullying tactics because they claim to be doing these things in the name of justice.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I've really enjoyed (for want of a better word) reading your thread... all 19 pages... whew!!! And I assure you I never thought you were racist or sexist or any "ist"... I understand your points and agree as far as it goes, but I think we need to go farther to understand how it happened and how to fix it.

What I see is that we have gradually degraded our natural rights for constitutional rights... which were then degraded for civil rights... which are now usurped by color of law... because any law that does not protect and defend our natural rights is not a legitimate law. Unfortunately, we have too many of those, all of which have only led us to this current mess. Not one of those laws have fixed anything. At least not for the many -- only for the few. We have lost the foundational principles (and natural rights) of our Republic to the fickle opinions of a pseudo democracy.

SJWs epitomize the divide-and-conquer game playing out, pitting one group against another, keeping us fighting and blaming each other instead of those who created this mess. Any law that protects and/or promotes one group of people is a violation of natural rights, because natural rights apply equally to all.... And any law that protects and/or promotes one group of people (but not all people) is designed and intended to place some people above the law and everyone else below the law, guaranteed to divide the people. We have now reached the point that pretty much anyone and everyone is benefitting from these bogus laws one way or another, hence anyone and everyone can rightfully point to anyone and everyone else and accuse them of benefitting unfairly one way or another, creating an endless war on countless battle fronts that the PTB can pretend to "fix" while only making it worse.

Black Lives Matter is a perfect example of divide-and-conquer. Remember the "no Whites allowed?" Common sense and simple math tells us that there is strength in numbers, so why reject anyone on your side? Divide-and-conquer. And safe spaces??? You and I know that there is no such thing as "safe spaces" in the world. We know that it's a cold cruel world out there, and that our strength and our "safe spaces" come from within ourselves -- with a little help from our friends and family. We know that if these kids can't handle a name written in chalk on the sidewalk, that cold cruel world is gonna eat em alive. We also know that universities are supposed to be giving these kids the tools to stand on their own two feet and make a life for themselves in that cold cruel world... NOT turning them into spineless jellyfish afraid of their own shadows.

But these kids don't know how to find their strength and resources within themselves, so they turn to government for their answers. And in a misguided way it makes sense, because for too long many legitimate issues and grievances within the Black populace was because of government laws and regulations (such as red-lining and Jim Crow laws), so these kids figure since government broke it government can fix it... and they could, but they won't. They'll just continue to exploit Black issues for their own self-serving purposes. You and I know that government is the problem, not the solution... but they don't know that. They blame you and me and everyone that isn't in their position.

We can even see how it is played against Black people within their own communities, especially in the inner cities. As the few make it to college or even into the business world and make a place for themselves in the greater community, they are accused of being too "White" or turning their backs on "their people" or otherwise betraying their families and friends. If they don't vote the right way or support the right issues, then they're Uncle Toms and worse. If they don't join the right gang -- or any gang -- then they're fair game for those in the gang.... and even if they do join the "right" gang, they're a target for every other gang.

The current transgender controversy is another perfect example. The debate has reached the point of absolute lunacy and ludicrous. Gender is, by definition, what set of sex organs one is born with. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less. If anyone can decide what gender they "really are," then gender means nothing because anyone and everyone can define it any way they want.

The real debate should be focused on the many ways society has tried to impose a certain definition or standard for what a "real" man or woman is. Our focus should be on letting folks be free to be themselves and to be their best selves. I never liked so-called cisgendered men telling me who I am and should be as a woman, and I sure don't like so-called transgender men telling me who women really are and should be. I would think that men feel much the same and don't want or need anyone else telling them who they really are and should be. Because it's not about our genitalia... it's about our humanity and our individuality.

For more divide-and-conquer (though it doesn't get much public or media attention), there's a huge feud between the original feminists and the MTF (male-to-female) transgenders who want to hijack the real (and perceived) issues of women who are born with real female body parts to focus on the real (and perceived) issues of men who are born with male body parts but feel/want to be women. The transgender movement even has a slur for such feminists: "TERFs" (Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists.) Both have some legitimate grievances and issues; but they are not the same grievances and issues.

But the bottom line... the ultimate goal... the inevitable end result of all this is the complete subjugation of our rights for the government to force anyone and everyone to do anything and everything.

Nothing will get better for the many unless and until we stop dividing ourselves, fighting amongst ourselves, and blaming each other. We have to finally understand that we're all in this together, and that our only hope is to find common ground, identify our common needs and rights, and then fight TOGETHER and for EACH OTHER as well as for our own best interests. We have to return to our founding principles as our guiding principles: Natural Law, the Social Contract, and liberty and justice for ALL.

(Sorry it's so long... I really tried to keep it brief... I could have said even more!)

OMG... "their" communities I know youre trying to be well intended; but see that ingrained belief? That people arent people, that all communities are not filled with people that is; but by groups of what... expected segregation? That damn divide and conquer, that us and them of here comes or there goes the neighborhood... I mean thats still that old tired segregationist good side, bad side, gated side, of town nonsense from Jim Crow laws and nonsense that made bus riders squeal about; someone saying Im a human being and a seat is a seat at one time... and yet people still abide by the same segregationist nonsense automatically... because it is expected. Dont be controlled subconsciously by that nonsense, make an effort, talk to people cause thats all people are...

Im sure youre shocked that you didnt even see it, in the "their communities" in your well intended voicing... bias though; is bias.

Just thought Id point that out so you can grow and overcome; what may have been too hard to see on your own. Keep on keeping on with the good fight; we are all in this together. I think it would be awesome; for rich people of color to go house hunting or looking to join some of these exclusive country clubs and watch that whole segregation haven start falling apart due to the legal violations of law to segregate against EHO... Ive heard Tiger Woods was denied a place or two because of that nonsense, not like he didnt have the money, that shade of color is welcome everywhere... So hey; why not out 'em so everyone knows the ignorant elitist parts of town are, that are full of haters of people over superficial reasons and to keep certian people in the places they want them to be in society, to profit of of them and in order to keep people down and ignorant, illegally setting up "their communities" and "other communities" of willful seggregation with a corrupt police force to profile and target those "less desirable"?

Guess a lot of contracts for panic rooms might be coming soon, so make like the supremist elitists and invest now...

Its a joke of course; but woo wee aint that the reality of it?
edit on 26-4-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
And there it is.....

Im sure youre shocked that you didnt even see it, in the "their communities" in your well intended voicing... bias though; is bias.

Classic. The sneak attack claiming that (essentially) "It's so real and SO subtle that you don't even see it in yourself."

Same thing whether it's about alleged white privilege or things of an alleged sexual/transsexual nature or of an alleged misogynistic nature.

When logic fails, just (basically) claim that the person raising valid points isn't doing so.... not by arguing the validity of said points, but claiming they are too blinded to see the truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Your quote below deserves mention and rejection

Im sure youre shocked that you didnt even see it, in the "their communities" in your well intended voicing... bias though; is bias. Just thought Id point that out so you can grow and overcome; what may have been too hard to see on your own.

As for Bodicea's post
much applause.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Okay, gotcha -- and I agree -- "community" is a word with different meanings and connotations, and may not be the best word to use, but it is a perfectly cromulent word, as noted by the many many Black organizations which also use the word "community" to describe their neighborhoods and their unity. I meant no disrespect, just as they don't.

My further reference to the inner cities specifically is because of the historical significance of these neighborhoods. Neighborhoods in which Black people were forced, by law, to live... generations of which have been subject to lead poisoning from old paint chips and even the soil surrounding these homes affecting their mental faculties and reason... generations of which have been separated from a quality education, training and jobs... the over-policing and policing for profit in these neighborhoods... and so on. All of which has had a significant long term -- even generational -- impact on those who have been forced to live and raise their children in these neighborhoods, at first by force of law, and then by circumstances.

I grew up in the southwest -- a whole different dynamic than back in the east where racism was forced and enforced. I have pretty much always lived in racially diverse neighborhoods. When school bussing was started way back when, the joke at our school was to ask if they would be bussing White kids in. So I understand that my choice of words may not hit the mark I intended. I've been told by a few Black folks that I can never understand the systemic and visceral racism of the east. And I don't want to... except to the extent that I can understand what the root problems are and have been in order to fix the problems plaguing all of us because of it.

I appreciate that you tried to school me so nicely, and I appreciate you took the time to do so, and to recognize and acknowledge that I was not being knowingly and willfully racist... but we are talking about apples and oranges. I'm sorry I did not make myself clearer on that point. The spirit is willing but the vocabulary is weak!
edit on 26-4-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Awesome hang onto it yourself then... if you like bias roll around in it love it enjoy it. But heres the thing, beyond it? No label to divide, the skin tone of one person or another anywhere in this world does not make me bat an eye, the sexual preference is none of my business either nor should it be anyone elses nor should governments be making religious moral based laws dictating such.

So step off step back and take a good hard look at what empty mirror youre trying to point at reflects only yourself, a few people however small in number they may be are beyond such distinctions of bias... pointing a finger, at someone trying to help another move beyond such bias as an evolution of theirself very hard to see for progress... for your own agenda to uplift and support whatever that nonsense that is?

Cheers, im a god damned mutt as labels go... the label is the very nonsense, the very divide itself, the very stupidity in the form of that nonsense. So there you go; every one there you go too the poster I am refering to has confirmed his or her own bias...

Feel free aim it again with your own or anothers agenda and watch it backfire yet again, as thats what the dualistic does when out for a duel.

Of course there may be some satisfaction that a button may have been pushed a weakness of some sort to exploit, and well if a troll is hungry... lots of internet out there to feed ya sport.

edit on 26-4-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Im glad that you saw that is was saying what it was saying aside from the prompting of others that is was meant to say something other than what it was, and yes indeed it was meant to help you evolve your view more towards the unbiased nature of things... is there a fight due to all these labels? Pretty obviously so, but as someone that has worked diplomacy in several nations words can bite us pretty good even when well intended, as yours obviously were and then mine twisted to make whatever ignorant point by cherry picking them... even when the post was only directed to you but obviously useful to others in ways they wanted to read into it.

So anyway that behavoir has been admonished rather sternly, and hey once again thanks for keeping up the good fight... and I wish you more and more clarity and understanding in your efforts for peace and equality towards all as it goes on and continues to progress against small mindedness.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

You're attempt to paint me as a troll notwithstanding....

THIS line....

im a god damned mutt as labels go...

Makes me think that on some level we could (possibly) come to understand eachother.

You're a mutt as far as labels go... and so am I.

I could be categorized (fairly, depending on the context) as:
- White
- Straight
- Husband
- Father
- Project Manager/Employee
- Tax Payer
- American (or United States citizen or North American)
- Son of poor (economically speaking) parents
- Brother
- Voter
- Consumer
- Volunteer
- Pet Owner

The list can go on and on. So I too am a mutt as far as labels go.

However, "labels," in and of themselves are not inherently a bad thing. Actually, I think they are required. It doesn't mean that someone should view the world exclusively by categorizing people into groups and acting as if "all of them" are the same. It does mean that in order to improve things for everyone, one should (and I believe has to) view the world through perspective of categories in order to make sense out of chaos in order to devise plans to help/improve things.

What I have grown tired of is people who make the blanket statement of, as an example, "I don't view the world in terms of labels" and essentially walk around with the cliched rose-colored glasses and pretend that they are holier than though.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

So anyway that behavoir has been admonished rather sternly, and hey once again thanks for keeping up the good fight... and I wish you more and more clarity and understanding in your efforts for peace and equality towards all as it goes on and continues to progress against small mindedness.

Don't you see how this is just another "us vs them"?

People should feel free to be small minded. We all have our experiences, and admonishing someone for a behavior steeped in experience is dismissive of their own experiences.

A woman who was abused by a man...i hold no ill will towards her for not wanting to be alone with me. It would be dismissive of her experience to call her "sexist" or "misandrist".

I had a dog that was kicked repeatedly by a black man that was overweight. The dog hated all overweight black people afterwards. That dog wasn't racist....it had experience that it dealt with the best way it knew how.

No, small mindedness is a natural human trait. We have stupid people among us. And they should be reviled no more than anyone else.

I'd say we are better just saying, "Im going to control my own behavior, and hope for the best from everyone else"

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm going to try and reply to all of your posts in this one post. I can see that I've said something that upsets you. I'm betting it's about the children because you've made 3 separate posts about it:

The schools are not being neutral they are all caught up in promoting social warrior agendas.

Social Justice Warrior - is now anyone that sees things differently from you. It's a nice, neat name for a group of people that you can put down and dismiss. If only we could come up with terms that really mean something - but we can't seem to do that. Marxist is a term that lost any real meaning a while ago. It meant the same thing as SJW means to you (and many others) now. It outgrew it's usefulness - and something more fashionable was bound to come along

Neutrality is complicated and probably impossible. Even I know this. I still think that the goal should be a neutral place to start - where kids are encouraged to think. That means - all views are available to the kids, but not promoted. Should we have a neutral environment for our children or not? How would you accomplish this either way?

Common core and especially national sexuality education standards are a flop and a disaster and morally outrageous.

Morally outrageous? Explain what would be morally acceptable for all children

Cultural Marxists have always known that it was really about tearing down the old conventions and mores to make way for the Revolution.

So, back to Marxism. Revolution? Change is going to happen. Sexuality is a complicated subject, and obviously different people see things from different angles. It's interesting to me that in the past (and present) there were/are more than a handful of peoples and cultures that understand and accept that sometimes we are not all boy or all girl

Why is your view the correct view? Why should we not treat children as they wish to be seen? Am I not allowed to ask?

I realize we're heading off topic - but, then - not really. You and I see the world very differently. You want to call me a SJW, and a cultural Marxist. You've determined for yourself (as have many others) that I have an immoral agenda. And - what else? Should I be shut up?

Obnoxiousness exists everywhere - always has

I think it's kind of funny that we can forget about pointing out obnoxious behavior and only obnoxious behavior just long enough to give it a specific name and then make sure that even the reasonable get lumped into that same class. It's very effective

But what do I know? I'm just another obnoxious, Marxist, SJW snowflake ThirdEye :-)

edit on 4/26/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: :-)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It's truly been a pleasure, Big Bro. The truth is, I always feel like it's a win whenever two (or more) folks coming from seemingly opposite positions or perspectives can not only have a reasonable and pleasant conversation, but if we can actually find common ground and agreement, then woohoodehoo!!! It's not just a win for you and me personally, but a win for all of us. And it's also a big poke in the eye to those who would have us fighting and hating each other, and that makes me just a little bit happier than it should...

And not to ruin our pleasant exchange, but I have to say that I also understand the frustration of the "other side" in this whole SJW scenario, who have also been exploited and abused by the system. That wasn't the focus of the OP, so I didn't go into that, but it is another important factor in the greater equation. While it's fair to say that most rich guys are White guys, most White guys are not rich guys. Many (and perhaps most) are struggling mightily and are hit harder and harder every year by increasing taxes and inflation and don't receive much at all in govt bennies... but are still blamed for most of society's woes in one way or another. They're just doing their best in this screwed up world too.

Anyway, thanks for partnering with me to win one for humanity -- and strike a blow to our would-be masters!

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: snowen20

um the government does. they are actually influencing how the #ing country is ran. its ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

For those who haven't watched the video (on pg 11), Carlin explains the role of denial in P.C. language.

If only people would think things thru more often, instead of relying on others to think for them.

How do you explain it? Has social media and technology in general moved people away from challenging denial and toward embracing it?

Some commentators have even associated the cgi of modern movies with a sense of unreality in today's culture. They pointed to the Trump movement, but maybe it's broader than that.

edit on 27-4-2016 by Alto88 because: pg. 11

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
i cant take people like the original poster serious. I swear people have amnesia while benefiting from the evil and atrocious deeds their fathers committed to secure a new world for themselves. The original people of this land live on reservations, and the sons of slaves are complaining about treatment. If your white and have not benefited from white privilege then you really are a loser as this land was shaped specifically for you. btw the people are waking up and yes you are losing power and influence. you must share now

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

"you must share now" or else?!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The whole PC/non-PC debate was created by the MSM in order to solicit responses just like this. Good job, you've played right into their hands. They're using every tactic in the book to further divide us in a time where we should be pulling together to fix this mess we've all helped to create, but dumb rhetoric like this just keeps getting in the way of that happening time after time. Such a damn shame

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join