It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Majority is a default position. In America it's white, Christian male. That's just a fact.

Is privilege even noticed without a challenge?

Logic dictates that, if it's a majority and a default position, it's not a "privilege," it's a normalcy.

Privilege: a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.

That's pretty much the antithesis of "default," that this reality really proves your argument to be one based on ideology in lieu of facts. You come into a rant thread and pretend that you bring absolute reality into the mix, and that everyone opposed to your interpretation of the subject matter is in denial or just plain wrong. It's amusing to watch, really--you squirming and writhing as you avoid simple questions like if you have white guilt.

If you're uncertain about what that is, I would suggest you read the book "White Guilt: How Blacks and Whites Together Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era," by Shelby Steele. It's quite interesting, really...and sad.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis brother you don't get to tell me what I mean. You only think you know what I mean by your own bias.
But while you are laughing about cultural Marxism I thought I'd help you out a bit.

Despite this official definition, I figured that I should elaborate more on what I mean when I use the term. Classical marxism believed that all of human history could be viewed through the lens of class struggle. The two classes involved in this struggle were the oppressed, working class proletariat on the one hand, and the privileged, oppressive bourgeoisie on the other. All cultural marxism does is substitute various racial, ethnic, cultural, and lifestyle categories for class. Really, that’s it.
occidentinvicta.com...

edit on 24-4-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
The whole cultural Marxism thing is just old right wing conspiracy theory. So JewishMarxist critical theorists from from Frankfurt in the 1930s come to America to escape the threat of nazism and right wing Americans see this as confirming their anti Semitic beliefs that Jews are taking over the world using the critical theory of Marx another left wing Jew. It's all very McCarthyism and almost shares the same disdain for left wingers that many ats members do. With slurs like commie and bleeding heart liberals. Similar terms that were used against whites who stood with the black civil rights movement. So when I see people use the term cultural Marxism, it shows they don't understand or care about its origins and probably confirms their paranoid conspiracy minds

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
They say you're full of hate if you express any opinion other than their own. Yet they are filled with hate. It's clear that anyone not bending backwards for political correctness is hated.

We never brought any of this crap up. It is being forced down peoples throats. That is wrong, and anybody who is not down with this deserves the right to speak up. The only ones expressing hate and intolerance are you guys, the SJWs and special snowflakes. You talk about us violating your safe space but we were just chilling before you all started yelling at us. Telling us how to think, how to live.

I could give two flying you know what's about someone's private business, gender, or race. just please mind your business and ill mind mine.

Racism. It is clear the ones crying racism are the most racist of all.

The only ones perpetuating hate and division are you guys. Social justice idio--err warriors, and special special snowflakes.

Yeah. I'm done walking on eggshells. You cannot force society to bend to your will. Now show me your hate.

So how exactly does ranting about inequality using separatism of self and other change anything? The change youve taken is to stand up the issue of course is in standing up for yourself the finger came out like a gun with words spraying exactly why you felt repressed... who is actually the victim now? those pointed at now that you no longer want to be pointed at and behave? Imagine if you were to continue on in such a manner... and affirmed yeah damn right bro sis or whatever villifying even further into extremes... soon that finger and word spray would no longer be a finger and word spray but an actual gun and bulletts even more villification then? Or just yet another useful idiot to dance the monkey dance of conditioning?

Congratulations on the dispassion, its better to use it to renounce the very systems of control and repression that lead to extremes and point fingers words actions and intent at others that solves really no issue other than disturb peace and tranquility in the world.

In another reality it is no different than gathering a hand full of rocks sitting by a calm clear mountain lake flat as a sheet of glass, and yelling at the cacophany in ones own mind getting up and slinging the rocks into the lake and storming off. Well the lake will once again settle and the storm brought in with oneself is also again carried off with oneself. Gathering other clouds and rocks to storm together is a conditioned behavoir that only mirrors in mass what has occurred singularly through some personal attachment that one feels is beyond their control... but if we could only storm together we could rain on this patch of dirt harder tan those conglomerated raining on that patch of dirt.

Both negative approaches in charge looking for some positive ground in which to direct its current of energy heavy with burdens and rumbling off in the distance, and the lake shines on the reflection that could have been as things calm again a bit fuller than before. Thats simply acceptance to change as all things so conditioned are apt to experience, but surrounds and embraces, fills and satisfies thirst once so drunk in its fullest understanding.

If being such a way or another is something one loves is passionate about and makes them happy? Yes of course one thinks themself the lake, the rock, the storm, the disturbance, the tranquility, the sky, or the birds scattering to find a more peaceful abode chirping the same curses amongst each other as to the hairless monkey feeling separate from all things and life asserting itself in various ways existing but yet has forgotten how to truly live.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
They breed hate. Their motto is rules for thee but not for me. They will hit you, try to get you fired. Horrible people.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

youtu.be...

This video shows the massive hypocrisy of the "safe space". It happened at Mizzou when they were going through their racial debacle last year which turned out to be completely fabricated by the group's "leader".

Just watch how this girl is dismissed for calling out how hypocritical they are.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

So?

If you have some sort of problem with how our culture is changing - that I can understand. People resist change - and we often see change as being negative

If you mean to deny children rights because you don't believe culture should ever change - I'm afraid you're out of luck[

I had a thought - is everything in your world related to Marxism in some way? Essentially - anyone that wants change - is a Marxist?

I'll tell you what - that sure would eliminate a lot of extra thinking for you
edit on 4/24/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

This is not a culture shift. This is a vocal minority of useful idiots made ignorant by a willfully negligent education establishment and given a voice by a well-funded progressive infrastructure.

Change is not seen as negative, change is natural. Seasons change, people change, tastes change, etc.

The *outcome* of that change is what is seen as positive or negative.

The outcome of Marxist theories has lead to enormous human deaths over short amount of time, as opposed to other social/government theories. I see that as a negative outcome for change brought about by Marxism.

The SJW crowd promotes Marxist theory. Connect the dots.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here is a nice conversation between Stephan and a SJW> He has a better flow than I do about the subject.

He's got some thoughts on Marxism too.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
That was some incredible writing there. If I could write so well my OP wouldn't have been so inflammatory.

All I can say is that I feel like the lake was already turbulent before I showed up and threw the rocks.
edit on 24-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

And yeah, I agree we should be going after the puppet masters not the hypnotized puppets......

This is how its going to be though. The fighting won't just stop.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You're right about the hypocrisy and double standards. The movement of social justice is the same ol' racism, bigotry, and sexism of yore, except utilized for political purpose, social standing, money, or for the attainment of power. It's class warfare, and no matter the individual, his character, his ethics, and so on, if he falls into one of these specious groups, he is characterized and stereotyped.

The best someone opposed to this nonsense can do is to repudiate the ideas of class, race, sexuality, etc. and judge according to individual character and merit. Unlike them and their moral relativism, their soft bigotry of low expectations, it is more reasonable to have standards and hold everyone to them equally, as that's what equality, equity and a free society demands.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

That video is painful to watch, but reveals perfectly their dishonesty. "People of color" and minorities need a voice, that is, until they start saying things we don't like. That has been the case with social justice for many years. Ask any black conservative how many times he's been called racial epithets simply for holding different opinions.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You're right about the hypocrisy and double standards. The movement of social justice is the same ol' racism, bigotry, and sexism of yore, except utilized for political purpose, social standing, money, or for the attainment of power. It's class warfare, and no matter the individual, his character, his ethics, and so on, if he falls into one of these specious groups, he is characterized and stereotyped.

The best someone opposed to this nonsense can do is to repudiate the ideas of class, race, sexuality, etc. and judge according to individual character and merit. Unlike them and their moral relativism, their soft bigotry of low expectations, it is more reasonable to have standards and hold everyone to them equally, as that's what equality, equity and a free society demands.

Well said. I honestly agree with every word.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

oh please don't lecture me about children's rights sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I met Elizabeth Caspari in 1980. She was directly under Dr. Maria Montessori. In fact I took Montessori training directly under Madame Caspari. I do know something about children's development. If you pursue further you might get more than you bargained for.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
That was some incredible writing there. If I could write so well my OP wouldn't have been so inflammatory.

All I can say is that I feel like the lake was already turbulent before I showed up and threw the rocks.

And yeah, I agree we should be going after the puppet masters not the hypnotized puppets......

This is how its going to be though. The fighting won't just stop.

As Lesmis a much more composed writer than myself has pointed out, dont get bogged down in the muddied stream that was turbulent or the same one we were born into and tossed to the 4 winds trying to find some semblance of peace. That my friend takes place within, the external is just a mirror attached to a wall its reaction like Sir Issac Newton equal and opposite as contrary... everyone trying to get their slice their moment aiming their ass skyward hoping for sunshine on it... stinks just the same, some are rowing some are towing.

The huge difference we can see in this mirror of self and other is intent, work for the self and the tools are evident... cognitive dissonance, separatism, inequality all based on little differences and ideas accepted as truth instead of belief... guess what mirror shines it right back from the other extreme... the ol yin and yang or fight. The true enemy is of course the very perpetuation of such ignorance... the yin and yang looks like balance but it is supposed to be in motion one of action, spin it and black and white extremes disappear and only gray is present, meaning there is a possibility to move from those extremes of action in black and white by making the action one of understanding and removing ignorance... this of course is best accomplished by effective communication, not finger pointing and separatism otherwise poof that gray area pauses again and its right back to extremes.

Overcoming such needs to happen inside first, when theres nothing inside to be pushed against to react as it is all just concepts in thoughtform for the most part until it arises in a moment of experience where is it actually located but in that conditioned belief system... even a racist of an extreme sort isnt sitting around every single second repeating slurs like a mantra. That means it is situational based and experience has made some separation, when every single person including oneself holds that exact same potiential for which they dispise in another... thats why it is so easy to recognize like our own face in a mirror... so instead of oooooh!! there is is pointing outward it existed in oneself to recognize it out there.

Being that it is impermanent and dropping that oooh! and mentally pointing at it it ceases to have fuel to constantly burn in ones consciousness... it ceases to be self supported and perpetuated because it wasnt really a part of the self to begin with just a conditioned learned experience that gets way more attention and concepts attached to it than need be.

Hate, greed, and the delusional ignorance that causes all this suffering cant stand on its own, so why keep giving it legs arms and a mouth, an eye, an ear, a smell, a taste, and conscious moment when its essentially empty and has no meaning or validity than one supporting gives it.

Make no time for it and it will be lost in time... and that beyond such bias just appears naturally on its own time as the other runs out of it.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

The outcome of Marxist theories has lead to enormous human deaths over short amount of time, as opposed to other social/government theories. I see that as a negative outcome for change brought about by Marxism.

The SJW crowd promotes Marxist theory. Connect the dots.

The SJW crowd promotes Marxist theory? Convenient

The problem with you folks that's all afeared of The Red Scare is: anyone can be red. All they have to do is want to change the status quo

We all know - better dead than red! Right?

Who is it that has the most to fear in this make believe melodrama?

This forced road trip back through the cold war has been a real blast Tonkatsu - many thanks to you and your watchdog clan for keeping us all safe

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So excitable!

:-)

It's not sir - it's madam. Miss Jackson if you're nasty

If you pursue further you might get more than you bargained for.

Bring it

You and your crew are not in charge of dictating identity for the children in this country. That's where we're at right now

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You and your crew are not in charge of dictating identity for the children in this country. That's where we're at right now

You are somewhat correct. He/She and 'crew' are not going to dictate identity for children. Neither should schools or society. It is up to parents to guide their children, and when the child is no longer a child then they will decide for themselves.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AntiDoppleganger

You are somewhat correct. He/She and 'crew' are not going to dictate identity for children. Neither should schools or society. It is up to parents to guide their children, and when the child is no longer a child then they will decide for themselves.

It's not up to a a kids parent to decide who or what the child is either. They aren't property

Forcing them to be whatever they're told to be until they're 18 seems like cruelty to me

What the school is there to do is educate the children - and provide them with a safe, neutral environment where they can learn useful information, and how to get along with others

If the child is a girl - it's not for anyone else to decide that they aren't. That girl should be able to go to school and not be forced to conform. Same for all the boys. They should be treated with respect by the teachers and other students

This isn't something that requires a whole lot of over thinking

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

When we start speaking in terms of group or class justice, we've stopped speaking about justice for actual individuals in favor of the abstract categorizations of human beings we harbor in our imagination. In other words, not justice at all. Just ask any "social justice warrior" whose justice he is fighting for, and if he refuses to point to a single individual and why that individual requires justice, and instead lists off groups and races and genders and other identities, you will have to watch as he refers to his imagination and fantasies in a purely self-congratulatory fashion. "Social injustice warriors" is a more apt term.

Perfectly said my friend.... unfortunately these abstract phantasms effectively become real for the rest of us. The herd of cows is startled by a mouse in the grass (which was mistaken for a snake) and a calf gets trampled in the ensuing stampede. Regardless of whether the snake was real or imagined, a calf was still trampled and killed. Still though, this is not a common occurrence among bovines.

Funny thing about humans. We're the only species that habitually makes the unreal, the imagined, into something real, with real consequences. Nothing else on the planet is quite so talented.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join