It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I've already looked at some of this.

But not seen it first hand. How could you? You live across the pond.

I have seen it first hand on multiple occasions. Just one experience… During my 'outdoor' phase I met many types of people. Race never entered into that lifestyle, unless you are black or brown and meet the cops.

One black dude was constantly jacked up, he hid most of the time, afraid to show himself in public spaces for rear of harassment. He would camp along freeway onramps in the bushes, but they would still finnd him. They set upon on him one time, in the bushes, in the middle of the night.

He was bitten badly by a police canine and then left to bleed in the bushes. He crawled to the nearby 7 11 and called 911, then waited. When I found him he was sitting out front by the phone, fearing for his life.

He told me what happened, how they kept driving by looking at him sitting there. I stayed with him, the same cops drove by twice, slowly. The ambulance never came. I put him in the back of my truck and drove him to the emergency room.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

"Just trying to do their jobs" doesn't work for me.

I don't get pulled over often. And I don't argue often. BUt i am not licking anyones boots either. The interaction can be polite and brief, no problem. The interaction requires them to harass me? Different story.

And no, i don't go quietly. I should feel free to speak my mind in these interactions. Im not typically that way....but if i am dealing with Rome's guards, i should be able to deal with them on their terms. Since laws matter so much to them, rights mean more to me. That sounds fair.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I've already looked at some of this.

But not seen it first hand. How could you? You live across the pond.

I have seen it first hand on multiple occasions. Just one experience… During my 'outdoor' phase I met many types of people. Race never entered into that lifestyle, unless you are black or brown and meet the cops.

One black dude was constantly jacked up, he hid most of the time, afraid to show himself in public spaces for rear of harassment. He would camp along freeway onramps in the bushes, but they would still finnd him. They set upon on him one time, in the bushes, in the middle of the night.

He was bitten badly by a police canine and then left to bleed in the bushes. He crawled to the nearby 7 11 and called 911, then waited. When I found him he was sitting out front by the phone, fearing for his life.

He told me what happened, how they kept driving by looking at him sitting there. I stayed with him, the same cops drove by twice, slowly. The ambulance never came. I put him in the back of my truck and drove him to the emergency room.

I bet you I have seen more of America than 99.9% of American citizens.

That said, individual stories don't cut it. No one would argue there are bad policemen, but I want evidence of a pervasive environment.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't get pulled over often. And I don't argue often. BUt i am not licking anyones boots either. The interaction can be polite and brief, no problem. The interaction requires them to harass me? Different story.

And no, i don't go quietly. I should feel free to speak my mind in these interactions. Im not typically that way....but if i am dealing with Rome's guards, i should be able to deal with them on their terms. Since laws matter so much to them, rights mean more to me. That sounds fair.

As you stated earlier, they are not legal experts. Why argue legalities with them. If you feel they are breaking the law by their actions, you take up your legal issues/complaint to the legal experts...aka courts!

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Anyone compile the biggest victim list yet?

Or most privilege yet?

Anyone quantified privilege yet ?

haha now I'm just being a #.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

It doesn't appear that you have experienced anything outside the norm.
A policeman does have a job to do and it's a different interaction to having a chat with someone in the street. You get asked for information, you give it. You get stopped under suspicion or for a violation, you help the enquiry. That's not harassment.

The police risk their lives to do their job. They haven't got time to massage the ego's of people who don't like authority.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Well...my community is less than 4% black. So i don't get to see a whole lot first hand.

I've been harassed by a cop before. Bad enough that the list of charges I recieved in my angered response to his harassment were not just dropped....but the record of my night in jail and subsequent arraignment disappeared.

Were I to have made my rightful civil claim in court the only evidence I would have had of my arrest would have been the bail bondsman (assuming they told the truth, anyway). I was just happy to part ways and not have any further issues.

But that's not anything like some of the crap I have heard/read about happening.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Nicorette
If these people cared about social justice, they'd be protesting banks, governments, etc. That they attack other citizens instead shows that they care nothing about society or justice. They are cowards and liars.

They would never do that. The banks and the govt are the very structures that give them handouts. If they had to work they would have no time to riot and agitate others.

They already did do that. It was called Occupy Wall Street and it didn't do a bit of good.

I would have to disagree with you there

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

That said, individual stories don't cut it. No one would argue there are bad policemen, but I want evidence of a pervasive environment.

I just gave you that 'pervasive' look.. The cops go looking for this guy sleeping at night in the bushes, set a dog on him and leave him bleeding. The guy called 911 and the same cops drove by multiple times, an ambulance never arrived… you tell me how that isn't 'systemic'.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Falls under anecdotal.

an·ec·do·tal
ˌanəkˈdōdl/
adjective
(of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.
"while there was much anecdotal evidence there was little hard fact"

edit on 23-4-2016 by Lysergic because: ha wrong tags

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I just gave you that 'pervasive' look.. The cops go looking for this guy sleeping at night in the bushes, set a dog on him and leave him bleeding. The guy called 911 and the same cops drove by multiple times, an ambulance never arrived… you tell me how that isn't 'systemic'.

That's not pervasive or systemic. That an example of a bad cop.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Well...my community is less than 4% black. So i don't get to see a whole lot first hand.

I've been harassed by a cop before. Bad enough that the list of charges I recieved in my angered response to his harassment were not just dropped....but the record of my night in jail and subsequent arraignment disappeared.

Were I to have made my rightful civil claim in court the only evidence I would have had of my arrest would have been the bail bondsman (assuming they told the truth, anyway). I was just happy to part ways and not have any further issues.

But that's not anything like some of the crap I have heard/read about happening.

Don't you think it would have been smarter not to respond angrily? It may have saved you a night in jail.
Cops can't afford to let situations escalate - so signs of anger are not going to be ignored.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You're example is denial, or you don't read. The dog team was a team, two cops and a canine.

The police didn't arrest him, he wasn't dong anything illegal. 'They set a dog on him, left him bleeding, refused him medical treatment… the ambulance never arrived. When I found him he was waiting a half hour, we waited a further half hour… thats systemic.

I'd give you a plethora of such examples how black and brown people were systematically abused by PDs where I lived, but, but obviously, you have really thick blinders on.

Or believe whatever the western man stream says about civil rights here.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Good morning.

To all the people calling me out.

Hey, I am just calling it like a see it. No breakdown here. Sorry If that makes you mad.

Anyway, back to my racist, bigot, snowflake, ignorant, hateful, teenage life.

Carry on

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You're example is denial, or you don't read. The dog team was a team, two cops and a canine.

The police didn't arrest him, he wasn't dong anything illegal. 'They set a dog on him, left him bleeding, refused him medical treatment… the ambulance never arrived. When I found him he was waiting a half hour, we waited a further half hour… thats systemic.

I'd give you a plethora of such examples how black and brown people were systematically abused by PDs where I lived, but, but obviously, you have really thick blinders on.

Or believe whatever the western man stream says about civil rights here.

You don't seem to understand what pervasive is.

You could have 1,000 examples and it would not be pervasive if that represented a tiny fraction of the overall group (in this case the police force).

There are almost 1 million police officers in the United States.

The problem is not the police force, it's crime. Police, in general, target the crime, not the people.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Good morning.

To all the people calling me out.

Hey, I am just calling it like a see it. No breakdown here. Sorry If that makes you mad.

Anyway, back to my racist, bigot, snowflake, ignorant, hateful, teenage life.

Carry on

I am sure you knew that by criticising SJWs it was only a matter of time before you were called all those things. I think your SJW insult bingo card is now complete.

edit on 23/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Oh yeah, I knew it was coming. A lot sooner I had thought.

I also know it's impossible to convince everyone that I don't hate anyone and was simply highlighting something. Hypocrisy! Hypocritical SJWs and it ain't me.

I don't exactly want enemies but I have a hard time staying quiet.
edit on 23-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

to you too

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well some fight back against these social justice warriors that want political correctness too bad

Another example of silly people, offended by Halloween customs

Political correctness has it's faults, it stops people from talking out against things that are bad if they are done by people being defended by political correctness and social justice warriors.

It also creates hypocrisy, for example a social justice warrior that condemns a person that merely disagrees with certain lifestyles of groups that have alternative morality, BUT if a certain minority group wants to kill these same people under their moral code, they say nothing, because they are a minority group too.

edit on 23-4-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yes, but a policeman who is going to harass you will harass you more or less regardless.

We've hit our share of bad cops in my lifetime. There were the pair of jokers on the back road who pulled out behind us at night and tailgated us. My husband is a poor night driver, and they steadily pushed his speed up by tailgating him. Then, as soon as he went over the edge of the limit, they pulled us over. As they were writing the ticket, we could see them sitting back in their car laughing.

There was the one in my mom's hometown who came barreling out of the town at top speed to pull us over because we accidentally rolled through the four-way stop sign. We obviously hit our brakes midway through the intersection, and there was no one around. But he came screaming out to pull us over. Then when we didn't have a current insurance card (ours had expired a few weeks prior and we didn't have the replacement in the car yet), he threatened to arrest my husband on the spot ... on Easter Sunday morning. We were on our way to visit family. Husband made a special trip back to the police station with the proof of insurance that morning.

There is one cop who regularly works a section of my drive in the morning. You don't dare speed, but it doesn't matter because he is known to do shoddy lasar gun work and slap you with a ticket anyhow. He nailed a coworker. She successfully argued her case by asking him so many questions about his procedure that he lost his temper in the courtroom.

All three of these examples are white people getting harassed, although I suppose if I wanted to make the case that cops only harass minorities I'd play on my husband's NA blood, but the point is he doesn't look Native American.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Oh yeah, I knew it was coming. A lot sooner I had thought.

I also know it's impossible to convince everyone that I don't hate anyone and was simply highlighting something. Hypocrisy! Hypocritical SJWs and it ain't me.

I don't exactly want enemies but I have a hard time staying quiet.to you too

It is how they operate. Don't directly address the arguments. By demeaning you, they delegimitize you in their own minds and relegate what you say to the bin of "not worth dealing with." After all, if you are racist/bigot/homphobe, then you obviously aren't worth taking seriously.

You could call it the Closing of the American Mind although I'm told the ideas in the book relate to any culture.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join