It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender MMA Fighter Destroys Female Opponent

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I imagine he means to say that encouraging any style of Fighting to children is morally wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

I imagine he means to say that encouraging any style of Fighting to children is morally wrong.

. Well in that case I disagree wholeheartedly and I've explained why.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq

What are you on about? I don't get how I gave that impression? I support MMA. IMO no activity can quite compare. It's great for kids! Not abuse more like a unique wonderful opportunity . I don't feel like I have suggested any of your assumptions. Mma is bad because its not safe? Maybe I'm missing something .

You made the ludicrous assertion that MMA teaches discipline.
I can only assume you have no idea what 'discipline' is.

Discipline is SELF CONTROL.

It's not discipline to kick someone in the face, or to respond
like an animal when someone slaps you in the face, by
returning a slap. That's not discipline, only animals
react as such.

The only thing MMA teaches youth is to respond
irrational, as most induced by pride & arrogance
would in a real life situation outside the ring,
would rather FIGHT, instead of responding in
a civil manner.

In no manner of the case, such an attitude and
disposition does not define discipline. Of course
those who have an intention to charge money
for their services in teaching others MMA
would have no qualms in advocating an
obvious lie.

You're way off.

Mma does teach self control. Three of the most prevalent qualities learned in martial arts are discipline, respect, and self control.

Can you tell me what other activity instills these qualities?

And why exactly mma is bad for kids?
edit on 26-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Hey now, I'm a nihilist & I fully agree wth you. Society promoting barbarism through violent combat sports is detrimental to the mental health of a society & merely promotes the capitalist status quo. Of course violence is inherent in human nature apparently, so what can ya do?

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Discipline is SELF CONTROL

Depends on the context. Discipline is a learned behavior. Self control is applying the learned behavior.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Although this sport doesn't appeal to me personally and I think it is kind of dumb, even I can see the merits of the discipline, dedication and commitment to training involved. If builds character and resilience, teaches values and respect and can provide focus to a young person's life.

I know a young woman, rather shy and meek, that is working on her 2nd degree black belt in taekwondo. I can see what positive changes in her have come as a result.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
Although this sport doesn't appeal to me personally and I think it is kind of dumb, even I can see the merits of the discipline, dedication and commitment to training involved. If builds character and resilience, teaches values and respect and can provide focus to a young person's life.

I know a young woman, rather shy and meek, that is working on her 2nd degree black belt in taekwondo. I can see what positive changes in her have come as a result.

I agree with you freija

I have seen it too.

Obviously street violence is horrible. That stuff makes me sick. That's not what we're talking about here though.

Anyway, I oughtta stop drifting. Peace to you.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider

Hey now, I'm a nihilist & I fully agree wth you. Society promoting barbarism through violent combat sports is detrimental to the mental health of a society & merely promotes the capitalist status quo. Of course violence is inherent in human nature apparently, so what can ya do?

There is a reason the European colonialists set about banning the open practice of martial arts in East Asia for nearly 200 years and why the Portuguese outlawed Capoeira. It's not because they wanted an end to barbarism...or the expansion of capital.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Won't find any mindlessly violent bullies here, just a great explanation of what it is and what people gain from it.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Mma does teach self control. Three of the most prevalent qualities learned in martial arts are discipline, respect, and self control. Can you tell me what other activity instills these qualities? And why exactly mma is bad for kids?

Last I checked, most RELIGIONS, especially
Christianity teach those qualities on a level
you'll never reach through martial arts.

Martial arts has no more potential to produce
positive character traits that exercising at the gym.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Mma does teach self control. Three of the most prevalent qualities learned in martial arts are discipline, respect, and self control. Can you tell me what other activity instills these qualities? And why exactly mma is bad for kids?

Last I checked, most RELIGIONS, especially
Christianity teach those qualities on a level
you'll never reach through martial arts.

Martial arts has no more potential to produce
positive character traits that exercising at the gym.

If you mean an MMA gym, sure.

If you mean treadmills and the like, I disagree.

Stepping into the cage or an MMA gym is on an entirely different level.

It takes a lot more guts to go into the fight gym. You will have to dig deep, and push yourself so much harder.

ETA: As far as religion being comparable, stop trolling. Or were you serious.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

No they pick a SEX not a gender. remember gender is MENTAL.

In your understanding a woman's menstrual cycle, or
her PHYSICAL ovulation cycle to release a mature egg
from her ovary, to be pushed down her fallopian tubes,
with the possibility that a little sperm might
fertilize is just MENTAL

In your mind ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus,vagina,
vulva, mammary glands and breasts, not withstanding
her unique PHYSICAL ability TO GIVE BIRTH is just MENTAL?

Is this what they are teaching in the schools now?

LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL

Unfortunately this is not really funny, since people
actually believe this madness.

Trolling me isnt a really good way to get me to listen to you Playa.
I posted a link explaining the differences. it is you who are wrong.When you fill out a Form what is usually there in reference to being a male of female? it ask your SEX. it don't say gender does it?

Sheesh google it yourself if you dont believe it. GENDER is mental SEX is BODILY.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: darkbake

No, the realistic solution is to have a transgendered division so they can go beat on one another there.

This is not a bad idea!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
To those who would like to understand where much
of this confusion over Sex & Gender started, simply
read The Humanist Manifestos of 1933, 1973, and 2000.

Some of those in public relations, schools of higher
learning and the media are clever to follow the
teachings of Jacques Derrida, and his philosophy
contained in his books "Writing and Difference, Speech
and Phenomena, and Of Grammatology"

An example of how this philosophy is used is seen
when the term homophobic is applied to all those
who state that homosexual behavior is sinful, and/or
harmful to society. Their weapon of choice is WORDS,
to counteract and/or marginalize traditional philosophies.

Their advocates and willing dupes continue to use this
sophistry to insinuate there's no difference between
MALE & FEMALE, and hence why we see so much of this
gobbledygook disseminated in schools and in the media.
One of their tactics is to use words like Sex & Gender,
with the objective of trying to make these two terms
distinguished from each other.

Which is untrue, as all one needs to understand is that
there is only MALE & FEMALE. Most of their specious
arguments are refuted by science and biology, but it's
their objective to deconstruct gender to fit their
perverted worldview, and continue to deconstruct
gender with terminology such as homosexual, bisexual,
transgender..etc.

The simple fact is: Males and females are different.

edit on 4/28/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The word ‘gender’ comes from Latin ‘genus’ meaning birth, family, race, stock. By 14th century Old French it evolved to ‘gendrer’, meaning to give birth too. By 15th century English it evolved to ‘gender’ to mean ‘sex of a human being’.
It was only until the last few decades that, thanks to pseudo sociologists and social engineers, that people are distinguishing between ‘sex’ and ‘gender’. But the REALITY is that gender for over two thousands years is associated with BIRTH.

Universities across the western world are now teaching that ‘gender is a social construct’. The trouble we have is that ‘sex’ represents ‘gender’.

The narrative is this.

1. In the domain of social constructionist thought, a social construct is an idea or notion that appears to be natural and obvious to people who accept it but may or may not represent reality, so it remains largely an invention or artifice of a given society.

2. Individuals who are transgender and transsexual do not identify with the sex and/or gender constructs they were born into. People who are transgender feel a disconnect between their own internal concept of their gender and the gender roles made by their society.

The trouble with these new lines of thinking is that biologically speaking, for the 99.9% of human beings. There exist only two genders. MALE and FEMALE. The biological differences between MALES and FEMALES has nothing to do with social construction-ism.

REALITY is the state of things that exist as to as notional idea of reality. What we have now are IDEAS being presented to replace reality.

A male MMA fighter did not identify with being MALE, and so because of twisted ideological thinking of western society. This person was allowed to enter an MMA cage and beat up a physically weaker female.

The REALITY is that the two sexes are physically different. That MALES on average have a 50% more brute force than females. Again, not a social construct. And it is also IMPOSSIBLE to change a person’s SEX. This is because SEX is not just about the genitals. The SEX chromosome effects EVERY SINGLE CELL IN THE ENTIRE BODY, and is always there and CANNOT be changed.

So if it is IMPOSSIBLE to change a person’s SEX. Then why the HELL is a MALE allowed to fight a FEMALE in any given sport or compete? It’s because we are told the DELUSION that this MALE is not MALE, simply because he simply does not identify as such. It’s because these IDEAS are NOT based on REALITY!

TIME TO GET BACK TO REALITY PEOPLE.

edit on 28 4 2016 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology
Science if it is truly objective changes over time. Its not a sacred cow. They used to believe the Sun went around the Earth too and was flat as well.

ALso How do you know if the anchient definition is actually correct? DId they have access to scientific methods and test back then on how chemistry works in a developing human body? No they didnt.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
One round with my ex that cleaned me out.
Nah...I'm playing...let Karma do it's thing. Life is good.
edit on 29-4-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Debunkology
Science if it is truly objective changes over time. Its not a sacred cow. They used to believe the Sun went around the Earth too and was flat as well.

ALso How do you know if the anchient definition is actually correct? DId they have access to scientific methods and test back then on how chemistry works in a developing human body? No they didnt.

Ha, it’s interesting that you want to argue such a point. When really, that argument can easily go both ways.

Not all the ancients actually believed the Earth was flat. The ancient Greek philosopher Pythagoras believed it was round and so did other civilizations before him.

Especially the things they did better than us.

www.ancient-origins.net...

Not to mention fabrications in modern science and medicine, or studies that have just been plain wrong. Especially in sociology.

discovermagazine.com...

The pseudo-science that you delve into will be added to that list, I’m confident of that.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I hope the biggest baddest male MMA star announces he is actually a woman and competes against female fighters lmao.

Then we can talk equality and maybe end the gender debate once and for all

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: clevargenuis
I hope the biggest baddest male MMA star announces he is actually a woman and competes against female fighters lmao.

Then we can talk equality and maybe end the gender debate once and for all

Who would they fight?

There is currently zero female fighters in that weight class. If you disregard the weight classifications and allow the biggest and baddest to fight men in a similar weight class as the females, they would do similar damage to the lighter class, male or female. It would be a gong show.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join