It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Advanced Ancient Indian Civilization existed

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
As I replied to your U2U of the same contents, allow me to clarify that I have no intention of replicating the Great Pyramid with a 3 man crew. If Odium is right (I thought that was from you when I sent the U2U- by mistake) about a documentary debunking the theory I have put forth, I would be open to that, but until I have seen that I remain confident that a small crew with ample planning and sound application of basic mechanics can manipulate very large loads in a precise manner.

Here's my counter offer for a proof of concept- I'll put together plans to stack 3 or 4 large concrete slabs in the arrangement of your choice, you sign off on them, buy the concrete, we'll get together and do it in a single weekend, then we'll have a beer and maybe fire up the grill.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by VDS
Is this genuine about the irradiated skeletons that has radiation levels on par with bodies in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

No.

In the 1920s, 39 (37 or 38 according to some sources) skeletons - many incomplete - were found, laying in a manner suggesting they'd met violent deaths. I think later forensic studies indicated knife wounds?

Radioactive testing had not come into use yet by the time of those excavations. That was not until after the bombing of Hiroshima. The radiation content was found later and reported by Russian archeologists in the mid 1960s. Before Hiroshima we didn't have a full frame of referrence for what kind of disaster could cause the manner of destruction found at Mohenjo-Daro. Though still you would think even before the (re?)advent of the atomic bomb that researchers could have concieved a better theory than knife-wielding invaders. You're not going to slaughter people near-instantly right where they stand or fuse matter into crystal by using a knife.

[edit on 22-10-2005 by Loungerist]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
this would be easier if we just had a time machine. has anyone come to any conclusions yet? i think it would be easy just to take a geiger counter to the areas in India, such as where the main battle in the Mahabharata was fought, and take some readings. i read this thread long ago over summer, had the author of the thread shown any such evidence of nuclear weapons being used in ancient india?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
One thing to think about:

If I write a book, go into great detail and explain how things might work and then claim the United Kingdom has this technology would it make it true?

I spent a lot of time today, reading over many of these links and thinking about it all and I do not see massive detail on any issue but rather selective passages to make it seem that way.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Well I enjoyed reading this looong thread.

To Vagabond and Indigo - if you 2 could refrain from belittling each other, you both would make a GREAT team. Every subject could use a good devils advocate, and both of you are very smart. I enjoy both of your opposing views. If you both worked together, you could be at the top of these forums - good cop/bad cop type of routine.

Just thought.

In conclusion, it is hard to say what is fact and what is myth. However, I do think that man has been more advanced in the past than we are today. Possibly, more than once. Man can't handle it - we destroy ourselves. Lesson - man was supposed to live a simple life.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
My conclusion is yes this is possible, but it might of been different then we think and more scary and real in the same fate that our ancestors have met, they have seriously blown there selves back to the Stone Age. I mean it’s in our genes why is it we just get smart now? Maybe the book of before Adam and eve was real since that fits in some places. My guess is look into your own mind maybe the survivors of the nuclear war were so shocked by it, we can even feel the chill and bit of remembrance today of it happening.

I always wonder why when you see the nukes go off your body reacts to it like you been there already and feel what it can do if you live after such an attack, that’s just me though. Well how else would 99.30% of the human population just drop off the face of the earth in very small amount of time? I think it was 30,000 years ago i might be wrong i saw it on discovery channel talking about the ice age pretty scary stuff something had to triggered the early one we had last time (not counting mini ice ages).

Just imagine what would of happen if the USSR shot nukes and we shot back or any other way you think of, we wouldn’t be worrying about what was but how to live and all this would of been forgotten and told in vocal then later myths and as the planet regenerates we repeat ourselves lol.

That’s just me brain storming though ignore it, i will probably change my mind in 10 minutes.

[edit on 20-11-2005 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
The Knowledge religion:

There are 4 Vedas:

1. Rig Veda: 21 sections
2. Yajur Veda: 109 sections
3. Sama Veda: 1000 sections
4. Atharva Veda: 50 sections

Each Vedas consists of the following:

Mantra-Sahmitas: Hymns
The Brahmanas: Explanations of Mantras or Rituals
The Aryanyakas: Philosophy of the rituals
The Upanishads: The knowledge

There are four up-vedas or subsidary Vedas:

1. Ayur Veda:
2. Dhanurveda:
3. Gandharva Veda:
4. Arthasastra:

The Vedangas

There are six Angas or explanatory limbs, to the Vedas

The Siksha(teachings) of Maharshi Panini: Phonetics
Vyakarana of Maharshi Panini: Sanskrit Grammar
The Chhandas of Pingalacharya: Prosody metre
The Nirukta of Yaska: Philosophy or etymology
The Jyotisha of Garga: Astronomy and astrology
The Kalpas: Srauta, Grihya, Dharma and Sulba
belonging to the authorship of various Rishis.
The Sulba Sutras are based on mathematical laws, from which the system of Vedic mathematics is derived.

The other Scriptures are the Manu Simriti(laws of man) here social laws are created for living according to the four ages: golden, silver, copper and Iron.

Itihas(History)

The main texts on History are:

The Valmiki-Ramayana
The Yogavasishtha
The Mahabharata and the Bhagvad Gita(which is also a standalone spiritual text)
The Harivamsa

The Purans.

The Puranas are further divided into 18 categories:

1.Vishnu Purana
2.Naradiya Purana
3.Srimad Bhagavata Purana
4.Garuda (Suparna) Purana
5.Padma Purana~
6.Varah Purana
7.Brahma Purana
8.Brahmanda Purana
9.Brahma Vaivarta Purana
10.Markandeya Purana
11.Bhavishya Purana(prophecies)
12.Vamana Purana
13.Matsya Purana
14.Kurma Purana
15.Linga Purana
16.Siva Purana
17.Skanda Purana
18.Agni Purana

There are eighteen further Upa-Puranas(subsidary) SanatKumara, Narasimha, Brihannaradiya, Sivarahasya, Durvasa, Kapila, Vamana, Bhargava, Varuna, Kalika, Samba, Nandi, Surya, Parasara, Vasishtha, Devi-Bhagavata, Ganesa and Hamsa.

The Purnas contain history, chronology of events, philosophy, cosmology and stories

The final six texts are based on the Vedanta portion of the Vedas and comprise the schools of rationalism and science.

The Six Darsanas or six schools of thought. They are composed of sutras, or formulas. They are designed as single sentence laws that condense huge volumes of knowldege as memory aids. Each sutra has Bhashya or a detailed exposition and eludication of it and each has a "Sutrakara" a Rishi who first systematized the schools of thought into Sutras or formulas. They are as follows.

The Nyaya founded by Gautama Rishi:
The Vaiseshika by Kanada Rishi:
The Sankhya by Kapila Muni:
The Yoga by Patanjali Maharshi:

The Purva Mimamsa by Jaimini

The Uttara Mimamsa or Vedanta by Badarayana or Vyasa

The Other sciences or texts from the Vedas were called the Kalas(arts) Some of those are:

Akshara-laksha By Sage Valmiki -
Sabda Sastra By Kandika Rishi -
Lakshana Sastra -
Shilpa Sastra by Sage Kashyapa -
Supa-Sastra by Sukesa -
Malinee Sastra by Rishyasringa -
Dhatuvada by Aswini Kumara -
Visha Sastra by Aswini Kumaras -
Malla Sastra by Malla -
Parakaya Pravesha by Valakhylias -
Ratna Pariksha by Sage Vatsyayana -
Shakti Tantra bySage Agastya -
Soudamini Kala by Sage Matanga -
The Yantra Sarawana and Vyaamnika Shatra by Bharadwaja(we all know this one) -
Amsu Bodhini by Maharishi Bhardwaja -

Dear Indigo_Child,

Where can I find all these superb books in English?

Thank you

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
www.atozphotoshop.com... Rig Veda - MAHABHARATA You ever heard of today what are called star children? People think that Gen. 6 is Torah is the only religious text to talk of beings from outside our earth coming to earth and having children with humans. They are wrong, the Hindu text talk of the beings from other planets coming here in their flying cars, that can go anywhere, mating with woman, thus how you get the godlike ones, the god-born ones.

The Mahabharata Book 3: Vana Parva Section CXV

Then the celestials and the saints of a rigidly virtuous life, met together, and thus spake to Vishnu, the god of gods, the slayer of demons, and possessed of prowess that never failed, saying. 'O blessed and revered lord, for the purpose of preserving all the born beings, it is necessary that Arjuna should be killed by thee.' And the mighty ruler of the Haihaya tribe placing himself on his celestial car, affronted Indra

The above is about wanting to kill Arjuna son of god Indra. They can be killed by each other, even by regular humans. They live on other planets, they fly in celestial cars that can go anywhere, they eat have sex, etc etc etc. It is most clear they are not gods in the sense of the English word.

“Religious legends of pre Inca people state that the universe was inhabited by ‘gods’ and celestial beings who arrived on earth from the Pleiades. In Bolivia, near Lake Titicaca, are the ruins of the megalithic city walls were constructed from blocks that weigh 60 tons which were further reinforced by metal clamps. Legends relate how it was built in one night by mysterious bearded white men who were giants from Taurus, the constellation of the Pleiades. They are also believed to have descended from the clouds and to have had sexual intercourse with Incan woman.”

Robert Stanley, Ets from the Pleiades, in Unicas Vol. 4, 1995, p. 26-27.

From India comes the Mahabharata and other ancient Sanskrit texts, which tell of gods begetting children with woman of earth, and how these children inherited the supernatural skills and learning of their fathers. A similar mythology is found in the Epic of Gilgamesh, where we read of watchers from outer space coming to planet Earth. Does this sound similar to Gen. 6?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Proof is always subjective, because the truth is subjective. Even in science, something is not considered proof, till peers agree with it.

However, I absolutely see this as proof of the existence of an advanced civilization: Summarize:

1. Advanced surgical procedures.
2. A document on the science of aeronautics, that gives detailed technical information and physical information on how to fabricate the alloys. And they have been fabricated.
3. A million year old bridge connecting India and Sri Lanka in the same time it was said to be constructed.
4. Hundreds upon hundreds of references of flying vehicles, advanced technology, including human cloning.
5. A very accurate figure for speed of light
6. The discovery of Krishna's lost city

I think this list will grow as I continue to research.

There is such overwhelming evidence. Why is it that we think in 4.5 billion years on Earth. We are the only intelligent civilization here? Is this the same arrogance that makes us think we are the only intelligent life in the universe?

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

It's always funny when someone says that proof/truth is subjective. You most probably do not understand the scientific method.

Aside from that, if there was a grand civilisation as you describe, there would be structural remains of it. Since there aren't any, we can safely say that the great civilisation of yours has never existed.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

Proof is always subjective, because the truth is subjective. Even in science, something is not considered proof, till peers agree with it.

However, I absolutely see this as proof of the existence of an advanced civilization: Summarize:

1. Advanced surgical procedures.
2. A document on the science of aeronautics, that gives detailed technical information and physical information on how to fabricate the alloys. And they have been fabricated.
3. A million year old bridge connecting India and Sri Lanka in the same time it was said to be constructed.
4. Hundreds upon hundreds of references of flying vehicles, advanced technology, including human cloning.
5. A very accurate figure for speed of light
6. The discovery of Krishna's lost city

I think this list will grow as I continue to research.

There is such overwhelming evidence. Why is it that we think in 4.5 billion years on Earth. We are the only intelligent civilization here? Is this the same arrogance that makes us think we are the only intelligent life in the universe?

[edit on 13-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

It's always funny when someone says that proof/truth is subjective. You most probably do not understand the scientific method.

Aside from that, if there was a grand civilisation as you describe, there would be structural remains of it. Since there aren't any, we can safely say that the great civilisation of yours has never existed.

So Stalin Grad never exsisted? Jesus didnt either. So what the text say and the war storys of Stalin Grade. Its all just dust and rock now.

The only place I have been able to figure out where theres proof of a anchient human civilization was the moon. You see some of those structures
NASA is covering up? People call them alien... I call them anchient structures.

This city was the most largest, most advanced (more then New York, and London at the time), it was also the turning point in WWII.... 4 million soviet and german troops died there, and theres no more remaining structures left of it ever happening, just the balgrid river (i think thats the name and skelitons at the bottem and ships)

[edit on 27-11-2005 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
So Stalin Grad never exsisted? Jesus didnt either. So what the text say and the war storys of Stalin Grade. Its all just dust and rock now.

I presume you mean Stalingrad? It still exists, it just changed it's name to Volgograd in 1961 while they were getting rid of referrences to Stalin:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The city formerly known as Stalingrad is on the Volga river, hence it's new name Volgagrad. My atlas assures me that it is still there, and still significant enough to warrant a very large dot. When things that an advanced civilization really likes get blown up, they have this funny habit of getting rebuilt. In case you are wondering, Berlin is still there as well. For that matter I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to recall hearing that even Hiroshima is up and running again.

Very rarely does an important location, particularly near a vital resource such as a large river, just get abandoned, unless of course whoever built it is pretty well eliminated from existence, or comes under the power of some foreign influence that wants to leave the city in ruins as a polite reminder that they are in charge now.

You really would be amazed how long physical evidence lasts. If humanity nukes itself out of existence, and 100,000 years later aliens show up and excavating this planet, they're gonna start to notice things. You can launch 50 ICBMs at New York City if you like- the massive grid of 1/2 rock that made up the roads and concrete isn't going to go away, and it's going to be checked out. Somewhere in there, they're going to find some non-biodegradable materials that were sufficiently shielded from the blast (afterall, a well build concrete structure actually would survive a nuclear blast, assuming that it didn't sustain a VERY close proximity hit.) When you've got very large, very thick metal objects, like engine blocks, tanks, factory equipment, etc scattered all over several continents and in some cases housed within concrete structures- there's no eliminating that short of flooding the entire earth for several centuries then plowing the Earths entire surface under to a depth of at least several hundred feet. Short of that, there's gonna be evidence found.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ancient Civilizations did exist in India. They are certainly the oldest to date.
Here are a few of the sites that I found:

1) Dwaraka - The hometown of Krishna:

www.atributetohinduism.com...

2) A bridge from India to Sri Lanka has been discovered. Rama built this bridge to lead his army to get Sita who was abducted by Ravana who lived in Lanka.

www.ufoarea.com...

3) Mahabalipuram - the most recent find.

www.livescience.com...

What you also have to realize is that these are the oldest civilizations around. A lot of things changed since then. Water levels rose, tectonic plates change and a lot may buried underneath.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I just want to say, as the first thread I read on these boards, this have been awesome, thanks for the introduction to such fascinating ideas.

True or false the information was at the very least entertaining and vividly protrayed. Just awesome all around.

Wondering

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Excellent stuff. I've said before that man's future lies under the oceans and this may well prove it. We may be able to advance a lot faster if we start a concerted and determined effort to explore under the world's oceans and find the lost advanced history of mankind. This may help us to defeat the alien invasion too.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
here is something a lot of people don't know. whether you beleive this or not these ancient Indian texts do exist. They are records of forgotten times in the ancient pre flood times.

I went over all these pages and no one spoke of the following:

1) Rama empire
2) Naacals of the Gobi desert (no one even mentioned the mummies of urumchi and thier sanskirt documents)

anyways we really had vimanas and nuculear weapons in our history. Now here is the scary part okay? the scientist responsibile for detonating nuculear weapons at the white sands testing area quoted one of the verses of the Mahabharata in a 1940's interview. He was then asked "have we ever had any weopon like this in our history" and he replied "well, not in modern history"

this proves the united states gov't had already translated the sanskrit documents and already knew about nukes and their destructive power but went ahead and developed them anyway. this was 10-25 years before any universities translated them...
they also knew about vimanans which is why they have an anti gravity spaceship factory is pine gap austrailia...

when you detonate a nuculear weapon in a desert it turns the sand to a form of green glass. Mohenjo Daro and areas of tenochitilan are two places where you can find this green glass, vitrified rock, and bodies of people that were killed instantly in ancient streets hugging each other and grasping each others hands.

ancient india did have weapons of terror is ancient times but learned a thing or two and now their vedic schools are about spiritual principles (yoga, brama, etc). Hopefully the US and other middle eastern cultures can go that way and return the earth way as well.

there are sunken cities of the coast of India as well as every other major ocean.... technology isnt always the answer, lets do something different and heal our planet

[edit on 8-3-2006 by mosca]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
The city formerly known as Stalingrad is on the Volga river, hence it's new name Volgagrad.

You did not get what I was refering to... Those citys were rebuilt, it only takes nature 40 years to regrow over everything we built and in 1000 years it would start to decend into the ground, thats if no one rebuilds it. So the only way to find out for sure we can build after a major nuclear war... but remember war isnt about who's right, its about who's left.

Evidence of something long before will turn into just material waist over a curtian period of time. I think something as this thread is about happen 640,000 years ago or so. They are still finding things we never noticed before like that pyramid in bosnia, its just hard to notice things like that. They could be right under our feet for all we know. Since all we have now are text and probally evidence on the moon (ancient moon structures created by these people?).

I get what you are saying and all and I am not denying anything you have mentioned but I will admit i wasnt very clear on my last post lol so its my fault. I feel like I have failed my great grand parents on my dads side since they lived in that city during WWII and I studied it alot but that was three years ago and I am turning 18 and some how getting dumber >_<

[edit on 11-3-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosca
2) Naacals of the Gobi desert (no one even mentioned the mummies of urumchi and thier sanskirt documents)

I assume you refer to the Tocharians. In 1900 some caves were discovered in Duhuang and other areas along the Silk Road. In 1907 Sir Aurel Stein started finding texts there. Not just Sanskrit was represented there. 15 Languages written in 23 different scripts were found among the manuscripts there, including Syrian and a previously unknown language in the Bhrami script. Many of the texts and works of art were Buddhists, not shocking since Tibet once controlled the area.

The people who settled the place were migrants from Europe. Their hair was red, some accounts say their eyes were blue, their graves contain the "witches hat" worn by Laplanders, their clothing was European- Iron age vintage. They weren't particularly ancient either. Turks drove them out of the area around AD 800 and they went to Afghanistan.

Whatever you may think they are, the truth is that they're just migrants who came to Asia via Persia and set up shop as middlemen between persia and the East.

the scientist responsibile for detonating nuculear weapons at the white sands testing area quoted one of the verses of the Mahabharata in a 1940's interview.

The first words ever transmitted by telegraph were "What hath God wrought". Does that mean that the telegraph existed in Christs time?

when you detonate a nuculear weapon in a desert it turns the sand to a form of green glass. Mohenjo Daro and areas of tenochitilan are two places where you can find this green glass, vitrified rock, and bodies of people that were killed instantly in ancient streets hugging each other and grasping each others hands.

Nuclear weapons are not the only things that can cause class. Any high temperature which cools quickly will do that. Mohenjo Daro is near a radiological research facility. Tecnochitilan is near the site of a massive impact crater. Lightening, meteors, volcanic or other geologic activity, and in a few cases modern nuclear testing can explain the glass.

I'm trying to take it easy and not outright say anything against your religious beliefs, so please do not be offended. I'm just saying that there are alternative explanations, so ultimately one must make his decision on these matters as a matter of faith and wisdom, not based on undeniable evidence, beause the evidence is not entirely undeniable.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm ready for a re-write of human history. Was prehistoric man merely just man recovering from a huge catasrophe? Was he using spears because everything he once had was thouroughly destroyed? How did we honestly come to be here in the first place?

I don't care about the "missing link" of evolution, I want the real history of man.

Troy

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
WOW! This is a loooong thread if ever there was one!
My compliments to Indigo_Child who has done a fantastic job!

My disapproval of Vagabond's mindset who has left no stone un-turned to trash what Indigo_Child has said. Instead of contributing in a constructive manner, there's nothing but ranting, critisism, and denunciation.

Do you, Vagabond, if ur a Christian, believe in Christ? Prove it. Where I'm concerned, he's a figment of imagination untill I get some proof. Some scholars say that he was an exra terrestrial from Andromeda!
So if you don't have proof, why do you go to church? You're only going by the bible, right? Why so? Do you believe everything in the Bible? If yes, prove the things that have been written there. If no, then Christ too is a figment of the imagination. But you believe in the bible, right?

So for some of you Americans who are delusional megalomaniacs, everything on plannet Earth, be it history, science, arts, culture, etc, is to be trashed, except what is churned out by the Americans themselves. Thank God, not all Americans are a stick-in-the-mud like you.

[edit on 12-3-2006 by mikesingh]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join