It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Advanced Ancient Indian Civilization existed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
The dynamics of quantum/energy. You see the dynamics of consciousness is quantum and consciousness causes reality. In the vedic model, the human being has many bodies, including an energy body and the physical causes and conditions are caused by the state of his energy body. Hence, there is a direction connection between mind and the physical. Aging, is a physical process, and by meditation, the process can be controlled.

I have heard that the experts in meditation can even stop their heart beat and cause warmth or cold.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

Tibetan monks would spend time alone in mountain caves above the snowline, and practice using their heat by standing under a waterfall, then soaking blankets in the near zero degree water, and then wrapping themselves in them one at a time, and drying them.
Also, I have read of yogi's making one hand 5 degrees F hotter than the other on command, and lowering their pulse to 16 bpm.
Of course, for those like me who believe in it, some have also levitated.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I also believe in levitation, Astral Projection and telekinesis.

I am not talking about parlor tricks you see either.

The only public figure I am on the fence on is David Blaine, any one think his routine is genuine?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj

The only public figure I am on the fence on is David Blaine, any one think his routine is genuine?

I do, why not?
those people he was with seemed together and sincere, and also, i have seen copperfield live 3 times.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Tibetan monks would spend time alone in mountain caves above the snowline, and practice using their heat by standing under a waterfall, then soaking blankets in the near zero degree water, and then wrapping themselves in them one at a time, and drying them.
Also, I have read of yogi's making one hand 5 degrees F hotter than the other on command, and lowering their pulse to 16 bpm.
Of course, for those like me who believe in it, some have also levitated.

Yeah, I heard those stories like this too. I don't doubt them on bit, as I can also move my consciousness to any part of the body and cause warmth, cold, tinging, relaxation and sensation. It's not a patch on the Tibetan monks though.

I also believe the stories of levitation. You know the first time I heard about levitation was from my french teacher. We were having a discussion of something, and now I can't remember what it was about, she told us about her friend, how she did TM(Transcedental meditatation) and one time while she was doing it, she actually levitated into the air and was floating, and she was not even aware of it. Someone walked in on her and was basically in complete shock.

The Tibetan monks also have stories of teleportation.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

Originally posted by bpletcj

I do, why not?
those people he was with seemed together and sincere, and also, i have seen copperfield live 3 times.

Some of David Blaine's tricks are just that, but when he levitates I can find no other explanation. Also some of his card routines look genuine also.

I remember seeing Copperfield when I was 13 (I am now 31) and he was also amazing.

As far as the Tibetan Monks (I don't know to much about them) but I saw a special were they found fruit that looked like people (fairy's maybe).

Either way there is so much knowledge in this world that is know by the ancients that we are just now rediscovering. It is amazing.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
if you've ever read tibetan yoga and the secret doctrines, he talks in that about the tibetan neophytes doing that drying the cloths dipped in sub zero temps on their bodies, and doing this all night so see who dries the most. Its in the chapter on yoga of psychic heat.
he also talks about when the people make a pilgramage UP the Himalayas to visit a natural Shivlinga, how some of the hatha yoga masters are pretty much naked even in sub zero temps. Also, those with cloth shirts wear it as a sign of having attained a certain level in psychic heat yoga since they survice in all weather just wearing that. I think the last if again a reference to the tibetan monks.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by el_illumbrato
im only up to page 6 of reading this thread and the links, but its just been bought to my attention that the photo NASA took of the bridge connecting Bharata (India) and Sri Lanka was apparently a fake as in NASA denied releasing it

so not sure what that means. Maybe it was leaked from NASA and they are trying to cover it up? Or maybe it was fake. I am starting Sanskrit Lessons on Sunday at the Bhaktivedanta Mandhir in Watford

You mean Adam's bridge? I don't think I saw any articles from NASA, but I did see couple of Indian websites posting pictures, supposedly gotten from NASA.

Here is a link to Columbia Encyclopedia, and this site looks legit to me.

www.bartleby.com...

P.S. I don't believe that the bridge was constructed by Rama or Hanuman, but I do believe that the bridge was man made.

Surf

yes thats the one which i meant. the only picture i have seen of adam's bridge aka Rama's bridge is the one posted by indigo at the beginning of this thread. And it does look very realistic to me, but like i said, i heard from a hare Krishna follower that the photo had been denied by NASA as being genuine.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Am i wrong or was that physicist mistaken? I think it was a fairly recent interview though. It was with Dr Michio Kaku, that guy who wrote Hyperspace all about string theory and alternative universes, time travel etc.

No, you are not. The theory of the oscillatiing or cylic universe and "big crunch" is one of the major modern cosmological theories. Michio Kaku is not the originator of this theory, he is the co-founder of string theory though.

In Vedas this is called Parabrahman breathing in and breathing out. When he breathes in, the universe is created and when he breathes out, it is dissolved. This is the vedic trinity of Brahma, Vishu and Shiva.

Yet, it becomes even more interesting that there are infinite Brahmas and Shiva's in each universe originating from Mahavishnu. Each universe is a bubble in the superverse. So the universe in a state of constant creation and dissolution moment to moment. This is how Vishnu preserves creation.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

At that time it was called Santana dharma which means the true duty

i hate to be a pedatic fool, but:
sanatana: [ sanAtana ]2[ sanAt'ana ] mf ( [ I ] , m. c. also [ A ] ) n. eternal , perpetual , permanent , everlasting , primeval , ancient

dharma: [ dharma ]2[ dh'arma ]1 m. ( rarely n. g. [ ardharc^adi ]

---> the older form of the cf. RV. is [ dh'arman ] , q. v. ) that which is established or firm , steadfast decree , statute , ordinance , law

---> usage , practice , customary observance or prescribed conduct , duty

---> right , justice ( often as a synonym of punishment )

---> virtue , morality , religion , religious merit , good works ( [ dh'armeNa ] or [ °mAt ] ind. according to right or rule , rightly , justly , according to the nature of anything

so yeah, each individual can look at these meanings and find one for Sanatana-Dharma which is closest to their heart and soul, and helps they to fulfill the goal of yoga; yoga meaning union (with God, oneself,...?)

the meaning which i like for Sanatana-Dharma is "the eternal, unchanging occupation of the soul in relation to the Eternal Being"

Nice, no mention of religion, or doctrine, or any particular God, and definately goes against what people have said about "Hindu's having 100billion Gods and being strictly polithiestic" or whatever rubbish they say/have been indoctrinated to say.

Much props to our teacher, Indigo Child for setting people straight on the History of Bharata, and also on how Hindu(ism) doesnt appear ANYWHERE in the ancient texts.

Like i said earlier, its because Alexander renamed Sindhu river as the Indus, deleting the "S" to make it easier to pronounce.
Later, those pesky Muslim invaders wishing to "cleanse the sword of islam with the blood of those infidel idolators" by killing women, children, whoever, called the Sindhu River the Hindu River. Then "Hindu" was used to describe the people living in the northwestern provinces of India where the Sindhu River (modern Indus). Indeed, the region was called "Hindustan".
Since the Sanskrit sound of "s" convered to "h" in the parsee language, those muslims pronounced the name "Sindhu" as "Hindu", even though my ancestors living there did NOT use the name "Hindu" themselves.
props to writer Stephen Knapp for uncovering that info

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i read about this vimanas of ancient india, it was wonderful.
buit all the stories or sites have the same story about vimanas, all have cut pasted for one source to another.

all books mentioned of sanskrit script where to get the copies in sanskrit. i stay in india, infact mumbai, where the supposed to be talpade had demonstrated his vedic plane, what was his historyt his contact info, he has expired long back, but some one in his family migth have some info.

all this links need to be understood before one can authenticate the vimanas or they be dubed as vedic fiction.

ashish misra
[email protected]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I must be confused here.. but NO where do I see absoulute proof of anything in these posts and I tend to believe things like this. The proof that is talked about is anything but absoulute... its speculation at best based on things that were "written" well over a thousand years ago! How exactly is that proof of anything?

Maybe if one of these fantastic machines had actually been found or uncovered etc... but nothing of the sort has happened.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
I must be confused here.. but NO where do I see absoulute proof of anything in these posts and I tend to believe things like this. The proof that is talked about is anything but absoulute... its speculation at best based on things that were "written" well over a thousand years ago! How exactly is that proof of anything?

Maybe if one of these fantastic machines had actually been found or uncovered etc... but nothing of the sort has happened.

Congratulations, you have reached enlightenment.

The big flaw with all these stories is time and time again a lack of evidence beyond stories. No archeology, no mysterious artifacts. No huge ruined cities with skyscrapers. No mines. No oil refineries. No factories.

Nothing!

All these threads are a similar story of a wild claim, backed up with some well researched legend extracts followed by wild supposition.
Sceptics then say 'wheres the proof?'
Beleivers then say 'read what we posted'
Sceptics then say 'wheres the proof in that?'

This continues until one or both parties get bored.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm a noob, please forgive me but i've been up all night catching up on this..... undescribable thread. I read pgs. 1-3. It's took quite a bit out of me, what with the personal feelings finding their way into a discussion that certianly requires Occams Razor to the model building of possibility. It has shifted quite a bit however.

I apologize for skipping over the last bit, and i double apologize if what i am to offer was mentioned above. (This is my first post)

Advanced Aceint Civ. Is a global issue that should never have been isolated to the system of territory our modern form of humanity has chosen to take with it through eons of pissing on trees. Please look up Zachariah Sitchin www.sitchin.com...

As i said. if this was brought fourth already i snicerly apologize. And beyond anything this post could offer (wich is quite alot from a wise man [Zach]) I wish to bring my drop jawed thanks for such a display of energies on this morphing topic. We could have done with out the issues of race though. Ignorance is us forgetting we are of the same cloth.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaporTrail Please look up Zachariah Sitchin www.sitchin.com...

Speaking as someone who CAN read some of the cuneiform texts, Sitchin is mistranslating the texts. You wouldn't know it unless you got books from the library and started looking at the material and learning the languages.

He's not very reliable. For material on ancient civilizations, try Wikipedia...there's some fantastic stuff there!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by el_illumbrato
yes thats the one which i meant. the only picture i have seen of adam's bridge aka Rama's bridge is the one posted by indigo at the beginning of this thread. And it does look very realistic to me, but like i said, i heard from a hare Krishna follower that the photo had been denied by NASA as being genuine.

The Hare Krishna follower is mistaken.

In fact, the land bridge would have been acessible during the last ice age, some 10,000 years ago. And there certainly were civilizations and groups in India during that time which cold have easily walked across the bridge. It's a sand and shoals bridge and a natural formation. What they (and the archaeologists and scientists) deny is that it's manmade.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by VaporTrail Please look up Zachariah Sitchin www.sitchin.com...

Speaking as someone who CAN read some of the cuneiform texts, Sitchin is mistranslating the texts. You wouldn't know it unless you got books from the library and started looking at the material and learning the languages.

He's not very reliable. For material on ancient civilizations, try Wikipedia...there's some fantastic stuff there!

I am impressed that you can read some cuneiform, very admirable in my view. I have not read a Sitchin book through, but have certainly read numerous books by fans of his. He may be misreading, or he may just be interpreting the texts from a different perspective. I have done that with the bible, and some would say I am misinterpreting the texts that I take to mean different than the norm. I agree there is some fantastic stuff on Wikipedia, I put some of it there..... just a little bit. But I also have seen outdated, erroneous information there too. It is not infallible by any means.
Have you ever looked into the mechanism that is called the Antikythera device?

www.world-mysteries.com...

It is an odd one.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

~snip

It is an odd one.

From the link:

The Antikythera mechanism, as it is now known, was originally housed in a wooden box about the size of a shoebox, with dials on the outside and a complex assembly of bronze gear wheels within. X-ray photographs of the fragments, in which around 30 separate gears can be distinguished, led the late Derek Price, a science historian at Yale University, to conclude that the device was an astronomical computer capable of predicting the positions of the sun and moon in the zodiac on any given date. A new analysis, though, suggests that the device was cleverer than Price thought, and reinforces the evidence for his theory of an ancient Greek tradition of complex mechanical technology.

Here's a previous thread about the Antikythera mechanism in case anybody wants to continue discussing it...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Maybe really technologically challenged aliens made it...... lol.

I read the other thread, good stuff.

Another ancient tech. question. In the American pyramids of the sun and moon I think, there is a thin layer of mica that covers an entire layer of them. I know mica is a good insulator, and wonder what they intended when they laid a layer of it into their pyramids?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Is there good books about this ancient civilisation and the atlantis civilisation?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

Originally posted by Byrd
I am impressed that you can read some cuneiform, very admirable in my view.

I read it VERY very poorly, with dictionaries in hand and a lot of peering and headaches to make out the letters. But I can confirm things like where Sitchin reads "android" that it actually says "human" and that this consistant word meaning "human" (not android) appears in other things that have nothing to do with the Enumma Elish.

I have not read a Sitchin book through, but have certainly read numerous books by fans of his. He may be misreading, or he may just be interpreting the texts from a different perspective. I have done that with the bible, and some would say I am misinterpreting the texts that I take to mean different than the norm.

No, he misinterprets them and doesn't seem to have a lot of in-depth information about the civilization. I suspect he's actually reading translations and is not doing direct translations himself.

The famous "Nibiru" is very obviously a throne name for Marduk, for instance (a title like "King of kings" or "lord of lord" or "lord high protector" is a throne name, and the Sumerians had long long lists of throne names by which a god/king was addressed.) There is no way it can be a planet -- but Sithcin is stuck with this and keeps making his translations even more absurd to fit this first false translation.

It is an odd one.

Actually, thanks to folks here, I *have*! I initially was skeptical until I saw that it was dated to about 200 BC and saw some decent papers on it confirmig its reality.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join