It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Advanced Ancient Indian Civilization existed

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
How true indeed. Here, in the Pacific Northwest, people lived in harmony with the environment for over 7 000 years, without harming it.

So how do you reconcile that outlook with scientific findings like the one that launched this thread: Indians hunted carelessly, study says.?

I see no need to. It is not in contradiction to my point. Though your points may well be all true, though I doubt all of them are, they do not change the basic facts, which are that bison numbers were only decimated upon the arrival of the Europeans. The record of 300 bison killed was the one I read for most shot by one man from a train during a journey cross country. He was not alone in such butchery, and comparing 300 killed, 0 used, to 200 killed, 20 used, I still see the newcomers as worse stewards.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I see no need to. It is not in contradiction to my point.

I still see the newcomers as worse stewards.

Whether the Whites were good stewards or not (and they weren't), is a seperate question from whether or not the native americans lived in harmony with nature (they didn't, either).

The fact that they may have extinctified both the wooly mammoth and North American camelids point to their "qoianisqa'atsi" (life out of balance.).

I'm not saying they were the environmental fiends that Europeans are. I'm merely saying that romanticizing their pre-columbian existence is a voyage into fantasy that ignores the real lives they lived, battling for survival.

In fact, their wasting of meat at mass bison-kills looks EXACTLY like white excess.

Just because whites are demons doesn't make the indians into angels.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
www.ufoarea.com...

Here's a link from ufo area about india and there supposed anchient technology

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well, I am reading ancient Vedic literature now-a-days and surprised to see the theory of universe, creation etc. Let me just point out some facts which are not possible without advance science and technology.

1. The shape of universe is egg-like.
2. The universe is not linear. Its curved. i.e. to reach from one point to another, the shortest path is curved not linear.
3. Light does not move in straight line. Infact the distance move by light in one day (one day of vedic time) is equal to the longest path spanned by light in the universe.
4. The current age of universe is 155.521972944 trillion years. Total time span of universe is 311.04 trillion human years.
5. The whole theory of creation.

etc etc.

I have blogged the Vedic theory of creation, here which looks very logical and scientific. All these things force one to believe that yes, their science was much more advance than ours.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by amitgoyal

I have blogged the Vedic theory of creation, here which looks very logical and scientific. All these things force one to believe that yes, their science was much more advance than ours.

Whaa keep up the good work, im reading you blog right now btw. this summer i am going to dove into the text probally.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Long thread, lots of diverse paths though.

Lets see, first the description of the weapons is very likely the description
of cosmic or planetary happenings that were visible on the planet at the time, most likely passed on from generation to generation by word of mouth in fable and finally written at some point.

The whole nuke theory seems to me like a comet or large volcano explosion which could produce similiar results. Although the radioactive fallout effects is intriguing, but its not impossible for a volcano to spit out giant chunks of toxic chemicals that land far and wide.

Every single people of this earth had a creation myth, the norse creation myth for instance seems almost scientific, if you twist it that way.

Mythology is basically the comic books of ancient history. Do you expect scientist to dig up a bunch of x-men comics in a thousand years and believe that humanity had suddenly had an explosion of genetic mutation and was wielding cosmic power from their fingertips?
That is essentially the kind of silliness that spawned this thread. "I read a comic book and its proof of something"...ok but who would win in a fight the hindu gods or Galactus Devourer of Worlds?

Indeed there was "advanced" civilization prior to the dark medieval ages and rule of the church.
We've simply lost a lot of knowledge do to the hoarding and burning of books and the melting down of artifacts for the profit of the church and payment of soldiers and bribes.

Just in the last century hundreds if not thousands of egyptian mummies were burned for train fuel and wrappings and papyrus used as fish and chip wrap.

Just imagine eons of such human stupidity and you get a glimpse of where much ancient history has vanished to.

On the American Indian "waste" of buffalo:
A) kill 200 buffalo, eat 20, keep 200 buffalo skins for protection and trade
B) they didn't have refrigeration, so they couldn't trade the meat, it had to go to waste
C) trading those "wasted" buffalo skins provided them with other goods or services like "peace"
D) in those days there were other animals, those animals devoured the "wasted" meat, so nothing was really wasted, kill an animal today and watch, if you are lucky maybe you will see another animal eat whats left, but thats not likely in urban America, flies and ants will be
the best you can hope for

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Legalizer,

a great post. One whic set me thinking about our world-view and attitudes toward various periods in history. Specifically, our (english-speaking) view of the middle ages.

I appreciate your posts, and don't want to think I was picking on you personally or anything. It just happens to be my opinion that a lot of things we think we know about the middle ages are actually bits of propaganda from the Protestant Reformation.

In order to keep form taking this thread off on a tangent, I posted a new thread here:

The Middle Ages were not "The Dark Ages"

All the best.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft I'm merely saying that romanticizing their pre-columbian existence is a voyage into fantasy that ignores the real lives they lived, battling for survival.

I have already addressed the survival point in an earlier post, so I won't repeat myself but to say that survival was well in hand here locally, and the artwork that they created is one proof of that. Also, I never said they were perfect, but only that their philosophy, and lifestyle was far more sustainable than that of the newbies. It preserved this area virtually unchanged for over 7 000 years. It took less than 200 for the settlers to almost totally destroy it. That is my only point.
That is no fantasy, but scientifically documented fact.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Also, I never said they were perfect, but only that their philosophy, and lifestyle was far more sustainable than that of the newbies. It preserved this area virtually unchanged for over 7 000 years. It took less than 200 for the settlers to almost totally destroy it. That is my only point.

I understand your point ok. I'm merely taking EXCEPTION to it.

Their "philosophy" was virtually the same as that of every other culture---do what it takes to keep from starving.

They didn't 'preserve' anything; they simply lacked the technology to impact it in the way the whites did.

The "anasazi philosophy" may have helped precipitate a 300 year-long drought in the southwestern US.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I have just discovered this content rich thread. Had I known about it, I would have placed this posting here. It's about vedic astronomical science.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What an incredible thread! I have never been to this site before and this is the first thread I’ve read.

I suppose I should state that I am a US citizen from an Irish Catholic family but some of my family members are prominent scientists. My great uncle is Dr. Karl Muench, Chief of Genetic Medicine at the University of Miami and was involved in the ‘Eve’ project (tracing mans past through mitochondrial DNA) So, I’m a spiritual person with great interest in the sciences and one who believes that science and religion are not mutually exclusive.

Indigo_child has obviously done extensive research on the subject and presented it here with great clarity. While some will disagree with his conclusions, I have to convey my appreciation to him for posting the fruits of his labor and allowing ATS members to challenge the data. The information is intriguing but certainly, Ocam's Razor should be applied here.

I'm no linguistics expert and have only a good working knowledge of history and the sciences so I will not comment on any of the points of contention; translations, legitimacy of the texts, etc... However, I'm fascinated by the claim that the Vedic’s believed the universe to be holographic. I recently read an article in Scientific American which essentially claims the same thing!

Interesting reading, here's a link.

www.sciam.com...

Further, according to Indigo's research, the Vedic’s new of our expanding and contracting universe, atomic and subatomic particles, quantum particle/string resonance, and even had a ‘Big Bang’ theory!

Indigo also states that the Vedic’s believed the following; “All living beings have a soul and the soul fuses with the atomic body” Is anyone here familiar with Bio-Photons? ( www.lifescientists.de... ) Experimental research indicates that all living cells with a nucleus (excludes blood cells) transmit coherent light just below the visible light spectrum at regular intervals. I personally believe that this is the mechanism by which all PSI phenomena operate. The concept of Chi and Chakras are indications that other ancients had this knowledge as well, even if they didn’t understand the mechanism. Kind of like western science has knowledge of gravity but does not fully understand the mechanism by which it functions.

I choose to believe that (an) ancient, technologically advanced civilization(s) existed based upon the accuracy of the ‘observations’ described in the texts. In my opinion, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I don't need DNA testing to KNOW that it is a duck!

Thanks for all the hard work Indigo_child!

Namaste

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Thought I would add this, since some people would say, somethings might still exist but this theory shows otherwise if its further back then 50,000 years.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

1. The shape of universe is egg-like.
2. The universe is not linear. Its curved. i.e. to reach from one point to another, the shortest path is curved not linear.
3. Light does not move in straight line. Infact the distance move by light in one day (one day of vedic time) is equal to the longest path spanned by light in the universe.
4. The current age of universe is 155.521972944 trillion years. Total time span of universe is 311.04 trillion human years.
5. The whole theory of creation.

I would like to see your "etceteras" as the above are all very, very shaky.

Light *does* move in a straight line, the space it moves in is said to be curved according to Einstein's models in relativity (on which topic it is interesting to dwell with some scientific positivism), around massive objects. There is no knowledge about whether the universe itself it curved, bent, hyperbolic or flat. There are currently a number of theories about the geometry of the universe. We do not know if the universe is "curved" or not - we certainly do not know that it is egg-shaped, and I have never even heard of that analogy being used. It sounds more convincing to compare the universe to an egg as an allusion to the fact that it gives birth to life inside it. Without a precise knowledge of the Hubble Constant, and without knowing how the inflation of the early universe took place (and at what speed), we do not know how old the universe is (we get a rough guess based on aparrent relative abundancies of elements and our theories of their formation in solar processes), and we certainly don't know how big it is. We know sort of how much we can observe of it though - but in some models the observable universe is a vanishingly tiny portion of the whole. We may never be able to know how big it is in some models. Likewise, we may never be able to know the geometry of the universe if the local geometry cannot be proven to be that of the universe at large if we cannot observe it all (eg. the geometry of my desk locally does not tell me the true geometry of the planet).

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I always hear about these ancient texts, but how come I never see a translated version?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
ooh let me think
perhaps its because you aren't doing your research on pseudoscience websites

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Also, I never said they were perfect, but only that their philosophy, and lifestyle was far more sustainable than that of the newbies. It preserved this area virtually unchanged for over 7 000 years. It took less than 200 for the settlers to almost totally destroy it. That is my only point.

I understand your point ok. I'm merely taking EXCEPTION to it.

Their "philosophy" was virtually the same as that of every other culture---do what it takes to keep from starving.

They didn't 'preserve' anything; they simply lacked the technology to impact it in the way the whites did.

The "anasazi philosophy" may have helped precipitate a 300 year-long drought in the southwestern US.

Sorry for repeating myself, but regarding the point about their philosophy being solely about doing what it takes to avoid starvation, there is plenty of information showing that in many cases starvation was far from a worry. In this area, food acquisition took up very little of the average person's time. A lot of people spent one day per week procuring food. They had a lot of time to develop a philosophy.
As for preserving things, though they lacked refrigeration, they preserved lots of foodstuffs other ways, ie. smoking, air drying, etc.
And as for lacking the technology to impact the environment, I feel it is worth considering that they did not pursue such technology on purpose. They had rules forbidding such pursuits which they felt might affect their descendents adversely.
And as for the anasazi speculation, you may be right, but as you state, it 'may' have. It may not have, just as easily.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Actually, I think they had a crude form of refrigeration early on -- underground chambers. For example, I was reading about findings from an ancient village in the Caucus (spelling) mountains, where they had created makeshift refrigerators by digging holes into the earth and funneling the cool air into a box where they would store perishable items.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I was reading about findings from an ancient village in the Caucus (spelling) mountains

we covered this already Beth
its spelled H - E - A - V - E - N

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

I was reading about findings from an ancient village in the Caucus (spelling) mountains

we covered this already Beth
its spelled H - E - A - V - E - N

The sources I read seemed to suggest it might have been the Garden of Eden. Heaven in the Caucasus? That is new to me. It is a joke, right Marduk? There have been some ancient sites and peoples who likely used refrigeration as a food preservation method. For certain, the Inuit did so, for obvious reasons. The concept is very old anyway.
But, as for the thread topic, if I have not made my position clear regarding whether ancient India was home to an ancient civilization with technology far greater than most scientists currently believe, I feel that such a scenario is probable. The textual descriptions of advanced technology, such as metal flying vehicles, streetlights lit by 'smokeless fire', among many others, show that the writers were more likely to be describing what they saw as opposed to making it up. Of course, they may have just been lucky and made it all up. They could have imagined many things which later became reality, like the sci-fi writers of the early 20th century did.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I haven't read most of this topic but the first post was amazing

You have voted Indigo_Child for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Great job.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join