It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything about anything

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A split bill? I dont know. WHAT???

Now I need to know. Badly.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DimensionalChange03

I think there is 1 world brain, I like to call it "global 2" in my mind, sounds cool, we share all information. Our ability to "collect" that information is what varies.

Think about the way dust spreads on a speaker when sound is playing. Waves of different types affect the world around them differently. Magnetism and EM fields have an effect on our physiology. So does gravity in the form of time dilatation correlating to the mass you inhabit and its effect of spacial distortion.

If these things are bending time and space, effectively reaching higher and lower spectrums of wave lengths of varying types of wave emissions crossing into and out of different states of matter and energy, then the effect on the static earth and our selves could be measurable and lingering.

They pass through us /earth and back into the higher and lower ends of energy spectrum's we cant fully perceive because they dont exist here for our senses to adapt to measuring them.

What I mean by the comment that we have had many types of strange visitors is that we are all shapes colors and sizes already. Speciation does not have to occur to make something LOOK alien.

edit on 3 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You are very intelligent person. And also very brave to start a thread like this, almost playing God lol.

You said water is universal. May be not so ... The life as we know it definitely needs water. But for the H20 to be in the liquid state there is quite a narrow temperature window.
Now, my question. What is your opinion about dinosaurs or dragon legends ? How do you explain that human species have legends or memories about dinosaurs ? Did you experienced contacts with "reptiles" ?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

i can only concur. for breadth of knowledge i have seen no equal.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Is it true that God Satan Lucifer and Superman/Woman are constructs of the Human Mind
That are called on to mask ... what is after all ... Human Behaviour and the Human condition
And that Humans are better than petty differences. visions of granduer and our imagined fears

edit on 5-3-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2016 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

You are very intelligent person. And also very brave to start a thread like this, almost playing God lol.

You said water is universal. May be not so ... The life as we know it definitely needs water. But for the H20 to be in the liquid state there is quite a narrow temperature window.
Now, my question. What is your opinion about dinosaurs or dragon legends ? How do you explain that human species have legends or memories about dinosaurs ? Did you experienced contacts with "reptiles" ?

Flattery goes far with me....hehehe

Hydrogen is at least out there though....we see stars and seem to think they are universal in their fuel and types of emissions as they recycle matter back into energy....the pieces are there for oxygen to form.

I have not met reptiles beyond pet turtles and such. LOL. I think what we call dragons is probably dinosaurs. I attribute their size to the atmosphere being much more rich in oxygen and more pressurized due to a layer of water vapor forming a canopy of sorts creating a uniform temperature on earth. Like a giant hyperbolic chamber. (the firmament spoken of in genesis, the waters of heaven mixing with the waters of earth). It may have come crashing down inspiring the flood mythologies.

This oxygen rich environment made them grow and evolve to huge sizes and designs not limited by size relative to gravity and such. The need for cells to spend energy getting oxygen was less so all life grew and evolved into forms we cant have without those conditions.

As our extra thick atmosphere was bled away or transformed by chemical reactions from volcanic activity or other factors like solar emissions, LIFE changed. They died off in part and formed new species as they were forced to adapt quickly and suddenly. (relative to their total time here already)

The effect on humanoid life could have been great too. Our bodies seem to detoxify better in such an environment. Beauty treatments and youth treatments are now using hyperbolic chambers thanks to the effect on our bodies. OUR BODIES FUNCTION BETTER in this type of environment. It is our natural state.....

Perhaps the ability to keep detoxification at near perfect levels led to LONGER life spans(cells in such an environment expend less energy trying to get oxygen and more time performing their intended functions). That is why we document in sacred texts that generations living less and less years starting from thousands of years to hundreds to 120...which is the limit the bible places on such...could be an estimation on the authors part.

We remember dinosaurs because they lived as we did, in a flourishing world that made all life strong, resilient and long lasting.

They changed, we changed and through long stretches of adaptation to increasingly hostile conditions we forgot how things got how they did.

This change in atmosphere could have contributed to the collapse of the former world. They had to delve into genetic modification to adapt to the fast changing world around them now made more hostile.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Yes, I think they are not actual characters who tug at our feet while we sleep to scare us into church the next morning. LOL

They are metaphors for aspects of us. Sides of the same coin.

The light bringer, always defiant. Greatest and most powerful....Lucifer

Saturn, with its manifestations of all things by its form. God of time who set it into motion, chronos, progenitor....Satan to the indoctrinated left overs of the religion of Constantine...

"God", a totality, all things, so by definition evil as well. Only with the ability to define itself, but still begotten of the universe itself....

Allegory imparting the mystery teachings REDISCOVERED and hidden from the savage hordes with torches, hidden in the stale words of religion...

I am not very well versed in the teachings. I only know what I have been able to reveal to myself. I do think its like this though.

The perdition of souls is the attempt to save them through anything but GOD, the one, the all. Religion included, it is not GOD, it is man and his problems he tries to cope with...not overcome.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Perhaps the ability to keep detoxification at near perfect levels led to LONGER life spans(cells in such an environment expend less energy trying to get oxygen and more time performing their intended functions). That is why we document in sacred texts that generations living less and less years starting from thousands of years to hundreds to 120...which is the limit the bible places on such...could be an estimation on the authors part.

We remember dinosaurs because they lived as we did, in a flourishing world that made all life strong, resilient and long lasting.

Ok. But dinosaurs became extinct millions years ago. Yet many ancient cultures have legends about them. Longer life spans can't explain it all. Also, according to many myths dragons were the source of wisdom. I think our current science placing primates much higher than dinosaurs on the intelligence scale. Your favorite sumerian myths also speak about dragon, btw. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Is it true that no three positive integers a, b, and c satisfy the equation an + bn = cn for any integer value of n greater than two?

The point of all existence, as far as I'm concerned is paradox. Without it we wouldn't be much different than a machine. A machine doesn't ponder a paradox, cognition does.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
There are no paradoxes. There are only failings of understanding.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

That's a pretty neat answer my friend ... I am without words ... So it is God that turns my bananas yellow ... I feel hungry now

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

There is no time stamp on when these stories took place. The time given to the events of the bible were devised in the 1600s based on things like astrological observances and such that could be correlated. As far as I know shooting stars and stuff happen all the time and are not terribly unique from each other.

Think of it this way.

By the time the bible got around to being formed in its EARLIEST forms, specifically the OT, it was only a re hatching of past knowledge. WHEN that original source material took place is unknown. IF it was even original source material and not itself a re hatching.

The bible also talks about large reptiles being worshiped by people and prophets coming to show that they are only beasts like all else, thus showing the people the true God shortly after. Must have been pretty crazy looking and different from all else though if they were penned up in a temple and worshiped....(Temple Priests propped them up as such so as to steal the tribute..., they werent like sentient reptiles asking for worship)

Those events would have been much closer than the far removed ones of the original world mythologies that mention them which were later fractured and divergent in all lands now isolated.

Dinosaurs could have died off last year and we would never have known. Species die off all the time and are never even discovered....

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

yeah, he is a funny guy....he does things just because he can. He cant help himself in spite of all his supposed control

LOL

Banana.....yum

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

By the time the bible got around to being formed in its EARLIEST forms, specifically the OT, it was only a re hatching of past knowledge.

Yet it seems very strange that this "rehatching of knowledge" (rehatching is something reptilian
) took place from the stages when humans or their predecessors were not even apes, and probably not even the lowliest monkeys. Again, there is millions of years gap. How they could have remains of this knowledge before our modern science rediscovered dinosaurs ?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Allegory imparting the mystery teachings REDISCOVERED and hidden from the savage hordes with torches, hidden in the stale words of religion...

I am not very well versed in the teachings. I only know what I have been able to reveal to myself. I do think its like this though.

The perdition of souls is the attempt to save them through anything but GOD, the one, the all. Religion included, it is not GOD, it is man and his problems he tries to cope with...not overcome.

Yes Hermetically sealed ... unlocked only by the key of perception
A Wisdom that is only known when it is silent and listens
Built on the shoulders of others who went before and forever learning
Surviving the rise of fall of empires
Because it is Human and Humanity must survive ... and retain free choice over it's affairs

Yes we are dealing with ourselves and our relationship to the Universe
It's up to us ... we are granted sovereignty over our own souls ...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

Dinosaurs are not a recent discovery.

Ancient Greeks would ceremoniously bury elephant bones in some cases thinking they were the remains of cyclops....the ceremonies are suspected of starting much earlier and with things other than "cyclops" bones....

Many mythologies were in part formed by the remains of these things.

There has always been an effort of archaeology.

The ancient Americans practiced archaeology, often times rebooting cities they found abandoned.

The Aztecs are known to have practiced archaeology with the purpose of depositing sacred things back into the earth in sacred places (caves and underground river networks)

We have found dinosaur bones deposited by them with other sacred artifacts....

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Agreed. But is it possible to resolve a paradox where the answer lies beyond our perception?

If I am made or exists within a certain framework how can I deduce I exist within said framework, if that same framework is what I exist from?

If I exist within an algorithm of 1's and 0's within a framework of 1's and 0's, how can I possibly see outside of this framework to see that I am separate or unique?

Maybe by identifying some type of "error correcting code" perhaps? Suddenly my mind is drawn to the slit experiment.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And to belabor the point. A machine wouldn't ponder a paradox, it would either resolve or error out.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yeah.
James T Kirk knows that.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Thank you for that. Its reassuring somehow. A fixed pole in so much uncertainty.

I want to understand. At least, I dont want to get in the way of myself.

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join