It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything about anything

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I only guess at what I dont know and try to sort through what I have lied to myself about.

I dont like answers, though this thread would say different...LOL

I like better questions. It is how we learn.

If you have the right question to ask so as to make them seek the answer, pass that along and I will disseminate it to the masses...Big LOL

Have a good one sir. I like your mind.

EDIT TO ADD:
I do think so though. We think.....

edit on 3 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

maybe, I see it. We have fate and destiny.

Fate is the log on the river, destiny is the ability to go this way or that.

Perhaps both freewill and predestination are one and the same, or at least dependent on each other.

In the end, choice is not irrelevant if there be two ants....and in order for any to survive, a bridge is built over the drowning bodies of the ones who defied their will to survive so others could go on....

Where there be two there be will at play.

If you are alone, there is no distinction between the ant and the log. They are one.

If there was no choice, would there be need for cognition? A log on a river would experience in one dimensional existing in a two dimensional world.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Rosinitiate

Me for one. LOL

Physically or metaphysically?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Both, or in between all,

into infinite expression, both here (for a while anyways) and everywhere....not "everywhere else".

Everywhen? Is that a word?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

sentience and choice are one and the same. You are not until you choose to be.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

What's the distance from pivot to jamb on a Jackson floor closer?
edit on Rpm30516v41201600000024 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

sentience and choice are one and the same. You are not until you choose to be.

So what give choice? If I'm not sentient until I chose not to be, what am I before that?

Can I be sentient existing in a one dimensional world? What about two? Even then my experience is in one dimension is it not? I couldn't even perceive the notion of moving forward and backwards in my linear world. I'd only see a point increasing or decreasing in size relevant to my perception. How would I even know I'm moving in a linear path?

How many dimensions are required for cognition?

edit on 5-3-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You could have a foot in water and never know if you never look down, seeing nothing but desert all around you....If you cant feel the cold, the wet, because you were born to a desert, how do you find water....?

look down, or fall to drown, then you will surely know there is water.

You need to take a step back. Literal demands of finite answers for a linear progression from what we are into what we THINK we would want to be.....they are just circles in the sand, AND your one foot could still be in the water, youre just turning in circles never moving it, just spinning on it....., not walking

All we do is go in circles. There is a difference between rotating and orbiting.

We have to complete the cycles....thats how we spin off into other cycles, higher, lower......

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

14 mm

Here is my source, I know I cheated....
www.centor.com.au...

It may vary but I think that would be universal and not dependent on panel width and door height.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I only guess at what I dont know and try to sort through what I have lied to myself about.

I dont like answers, though this thread would say different...LOL

I like better questions. It is how we learn.

If you have the right question to ask so as to make them seek the answer, pass that along and I will disseminate it to the masses...Big LOL

Have a good one sir. I like your mind.

EDIT TO ADD:
I do think so though. We think.....

In general people want their ego-laden biases confirmed.

The number of people who want to learn seems minimal,
and yes, that sometimes describes me, and when I notice
that tendency in myself I try to correct it.

Kev

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

maybe, I see it. We have fate and destiny.

Fate is the log on the river, destiny is the ability to go this way or that.

Perhaps both freewill and predestination are one and the same, or at least dependent on each other.

In the end, choice is not irrelevant if there be two ants....and in order for any to survive, a bridge is built over the drowning bodies of the ones who defied their will to survive so others could go on....

Where there be two there be will at play.

If you are alone, there is no distinction between the ant and the log. They are one.

If there was no choice, would there be need for cognition? A log on a river would experience in one dimensional existing in a two dimensional world.

There is far less cognition at play in the world than one might presume.

Kev

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
would you agree that the balance of probability favours many other species inhabiting our galaxy and beyond (maybe even here in our solar system), and makes it very unlikely that humans are unique in the universe?

good thread idea btw

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I would say so. We have evidence of that probability playing out to such ends here.

There is no reason why the process that brought us into being didnt bring "other" things like us into being.

Water is universal, spheres, planets, and so on. Life is a constant as well. It is here at least ONCE,

Life also defies entropy, so there is that. It multiplies......by itself. Even if the universe was void, we can change that and thus redefine its emptiness.

That is only a matter of time, and that is relative..

Lol

Thanks, this is allot of fun. I am glad you like it man.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

thank you for answering. an eloquent response.

i particularly liked this; "Life is a constant as well. It is here at least ONCE,

Life also defies entropy, so there is that. It multiplies......by itself. Even if the universe was void, we can change that and thus redefine its emptiness."

- that is very good.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Ok ok. What do you mean when you said not all strange beings are aliens?

Have you read about peoples experiences within crop circles? of course this is just hear say but I've read some people have feelings of timelessness when in them, psychical or mental healings, rushes of emotions, heightened perceptions and awareness, and other things that I guess are something also said to happen at different sacred sites around the world. People apparently have seen ufos and orbs of light in or around newly created crop circles. I've even read that groups of people that have sat in fields mediating the image of a certain design, later appeared in the form of a crop circle in the field..

Many people throughout history have created their very important inventions that aided mankind by having their ideas come to them in their dreams. One mathematician says a Hindu god came to him in his dream and informed him on his famous mathematical equation. I believe aliens/spirits have given humans subconsciously and maybe consciously, knowledge that would progress the human race. Do you think aliens and/or spirits(?) have done this.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Is it true that no three positive integers a, b, and c satisfy the equation an + bn = cn for any integer value of n greater than two?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh, If I may, another:

What's the difference between a duck?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

no fair! come on Phage, that's like trying to square the circle.

ps has there ever been an 'ask Phage anything' thread? if not, why not?

pps the answer is a chicken.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

yes as long as n is not negative, I believe.

Phage, formidable as always. I am kind of stumped, I know this is basic too...LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Phage could write an encyclopedia from memory. Guy is machine.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join