It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Panel Recommends Depression Screening For Adolescents

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
I thought you didn't want the mentally ill to have access to guns?

FYI: they already do...

Not to mention an entire arsenal of ICBMs to go along with it.

"During the past fifty years, psychopaths have gained almost absolute control of all the branches of government. You can notice this if you observe carefully that no matter what illegal thing a modern politician does, no one will really take him to task. All of the so called scandals that have come up, any one of which would have taken down an authentic administration, are just farces played out for the public, to distract them, to make them think that the democracy is still working."

"When you understand the true nature of psychopathic influence, that it is conscienceless, emotionless, selfish, cold and calculating, and devoid of any moral or ethical standards, you are horrified, but at the same time everything suddenly begins to makes sense."

www.whale.to...

Psychopathocracy: forget the NWO, it's psychopaths who run our world

NPD disorder Hitler Stalin, Mao, - Google Search
narcissistic personality disorder NPD Obama - Google Search
NPD disorder Hitler Stalin Mao Obama - Google Search

edit on Feb000000Wed, 10 Feb 2016 21:15:11 -06009pm29Wed, 10 Feb 2016 21:15:11 -060020161510 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This can't be true. All the Obama drones have told me that Obama doesn't want to take anyone's guns away. He just wants to make database after database to have at his disposal to drown and punish any dissenters from the Progressive agenda by trying to mandate that Americans who have ever been depressed never get a hold of a gun, and it's he that can tell if someone is depressed or a risk to himself.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
That's some Orwellian stuff there. Off topic a little, I do think homosexuality may be a mental disorder and im not being mean because I am gay and it really really really sucks. I would kill myself but it would destroy my mother.

You really ought to watch those videos on page 2 if you can...

Also I HIGHLY recommend that you look at the two posts linked below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

This is nothing but a tool to be used by the elites to dictate who has "mental illness'... Remember that many among the elite believe Americans who still think the government should uphold the United States Constitution are "mentally ill"...

The United States Constitution includes the Bill of Rights, which has in it the Second Amendment as a right for EVERY AMERICAN, among other rights...

This will be a tool to brand political opponents as having "mental illness" and abolish some, or all of our rights...

The meaning of "mental illness" has changed to include anyone who the elite want to control and disagree with the elitist/globalist views...

edit on 10-2-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

edit on 10-2-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

edit on 10-2-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
My psychiatrist says I'm sane!
I'll see her tomorrow and ask again,in case you have your doubts...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There is no lab test for depression and like other syndromes like fibromyalgia and CFS/ME can not be proved as real mental health disorders.

For fibromyalgia they are finding its not a form of depression like some doctors have tried to claim for the last 30 years but is a form of small fiber polyneuropathy.caused by damage to the peripheral nerves of the body.
www.painresearchforum.org...
www.healthcentral.com...

Till they have a lab test and can prove depression they can not prove someone is depressed.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'll take their test for depression if they'll take a test for SOCIOPATHS.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Obama Administration has entered a new rule in the Federal Register.

It apparently amends some old rule(s) that concern HIPAA privacy.

Now it seems a doctor can report some "mental illnesses" and those reports will be on the FBI firearms background check system used in gun background checks !!

They're turning up the heat on the boiling water for all of us frogs.

Obama.Care II is here

I was wondering how they are going to get around hippa laws what a total douche!

Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule

federalregister.gov/2015-33181

Delivering on its promise to deliver "common sense" gun control, the Obama administration on Monday finalized a rule that enables health care providers to report the names of mentally ill patients to an FBI firearms background check system.

The action was one of a series of steps that President Barack Obama had called for in January 2013 in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings to curb gun violence, but the rule was not published until today.

While the 1993 Brady law prohibits gun ownership by individuals who have been involuntarily committed, found incompetent to stand trial or otherwise deemed by a court to be a danger to themselves or others, federal health care privacy rules prohibited doctors and other providers from sharing information without the consent of their patients.

I was wondering how they are going to get around hippa laws what a total douche to use this route.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

why anyone would want to live in the you ess boggels my mind.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Mandatory Depression Screening On All Americans! - Where anyone who is depressed will not be permitted to have a gun and they will also be medicated against their will like in Australia, no vaccine in kids = no parenting payment.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Great, something new to be depressed about!

Don't know why my mind's going here, but I immediately thought of a purge.

Maybe it's time to go back to bed.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
once you allow a govt to get away with forcing Americans to buy healthcare, you can expect the govt to eventually mandate what the American people eat and do under the guise of helping to keep down the cost of healthcare. The govt forcing a citizen to do anything is a very bad idea IMHO

Too late...in my opinion. If the government controls healthcare, then anything that has to do with your body or your mind is already within their control. All they have to do is dress it up to appear in favor of better health, make it a requirement of you receiving insurance and/or healthcare subsidies (eg. you lose your insurance if you don't conform) then the IRS can do as it pleases with you. Fine you...take your home...arrest you...garnish your wages...etc.

While I don't know the details of the laws, I have no doubt some if not all of the following are on the agenda:
No soda or you lose your healthcare
No smoking or you lose your healthcare
Don't believe in global warming...mental disease
Obsessed with gun ownership...mentally ill / violent
Don't vote for the left...oops...too soon. Maybe in 2017

Giving control over healthcare to the government to any extent was the biggest mistake we have allowed. It trumps gun control laws and so much more. Because now...anything can be twisted into being related to your health or the health of your family. Don't want your kids to get flu shots...you're jeopardizing their health...IRS!

Congratulations America...freedom is gone...enjoy the illusion.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Do we all get our government issued Prosac pills after the screening?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: Leonidas

I thought you didn't want the mentally ill to have access to guns?

I do.

However, I don't think suffering from depression is a form of metal illness. Many good drugs are available that can squash depression and a person can live a normal life.

Beside EVERYBODY get depressed once in a while. If you don't you better worry. the issue is if it is every dayy, all the time.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

The government is coming for our guns and all Americans that are tested and found depressed will be labeled "mentally ill".

Are you implying that depression is NOT a mental illness?

IT is not.

It is a normal human coping method. EVERYONE get depressed sometimes, anyone that tells you they don't are lying or DO have some kind of problem.

Now it may be a symptom of something else if it is long term or very deep. Problem is that we do treat it like an illness. We drug and medicate people because they "are depressed" without actually looking at why the FEEL depressed.
Its a FEELING just like happiness, sadness, love and hate.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Money Grab

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Are you implying that depression is NOT a mental illness?

as a matter of fact it isn't an illness
behaviorismandmentalhealth.com...

Depression Is Not An Illness: It is an Adaptive Mechanism
by PHIL HICKEY on JULY 28, 2009
Post edited and updated March 9, 2013, to reflect additional thoughts as a result of interactions with the many people who left comments. I thank them for their input.

DEPRESSION – AN ADAPTIVE MECHANISM

Contrary to the APA’s assertion, depression is not an illness. In fact, depression is an adaptive mechanism which has served humanity well for millions of years. When things are going well in our lives, we feel good. This good feeling is nature’s way of telling us to keep doing what we’re doing. When our lives are not going well, we feel down or depressed. This is nature’s way of telling us to make some changes.

This is very similar to pain. Pain is a signal that tissue is being damaged and that urgent action is needed. For instance, if you touch a hot stove, the pain induces an immediate reaction to pull your hand away. Usually this is accomplished with minimal damage to the skin. Without pain, we would not respond as quickly to these kinds of situations, and we would incur a great deal more tissue damage than is actually the case.

Depression or despondency is not as acute a sensation as pain. It is more generalized and it signals – not imminent tissue damage – but problems of a more general nature. In order to feel good, the following eight factors must be present in our lives.

– good nutrition
– fresh air
– sunshine (in moderation)
– physical activity
– purposeful activity with regular experiences of success
– good relationships
– adequate and regular sleep
– ability to avoid destructive social entanglements, while remaining receptive to positive encounters *

SOURCES OF DEPRESSION

When any of these factors are missing, or are present to only a slight degree, we begin to feel despondent or depressed. When many of these factors are missing to a large degree, we become very depressed. Over the years, I have worked with hundreds of people who were depressed. To all of these people – without exception – I could say, “If I were in your shoes, living the life you are living, I would be depressed too.”

Many of these individuals lived on a diet which was generally poor. Others drank enormous quantities of alcohol. Few ate fruits or vegetables regularly. Many stayed indoors a good deal of the time. Physical activity was low. Purposeful activity – i.e. activity directed towards some kind of goal – was seldom present, and good honest, open relationships often non-existent.

The point here is not to disparage or castigate people who are depressed, but rather to point out that depression is essentially and fundamentally a function of what we are doing – how we are living our lives. It is not an illness. It is the body’s natural feedback system. It is nature’s way of trying to induce in us some motivation to make changes in our lifestyle – to eat better; to abstain from toxic substances; to get out in the fresh air and sunshine; to identify goals and pursue them; and to talk to friends and family honestly and openly about the things that trouble us.

edit on 11-2-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spell

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No.

No.

The government cannot mandate medical tests.

They cannot.

Lol just like how they couldn't steal everyone's money for bailouts, or strong-arm the whole population into an Insurance racket, that if no coverage is present, must pay the government a fee that rises each year, per every head in the household.

Couldn't happen here. No way no way.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Our government doesn't give a hoot if you're depressed, but they sure make it difficult to own a legal gun.
But I mean really, comparing SA to America is like comparing a full time prostitute to a slutty girl. Their both screwed, the one is just a lot more screwed than the other. Not that our government cares, but they have way worse problems to occupy themselves with than screening the population for depression. Of course people are depressed, they live in South Africa.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join