It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Panel Recommends Depression Screening For Adolescents

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: truthseeker84

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Well, the thing is, when I purchased my firearm, I did go through all the background checks and mental stability check.

But the mental stability check part was kind of retarded in a way. What I mean, is that all they do is check for mental illness medical records and history. If you don't have it, then you're good to go.

That, doesn't mean that I'm not mentally ill today or tomorrow...

Perhaps, they should do it in a way, where you go through a series of test first to determine if you are sane and not mentally ill in any way. Then subsequently, firearm owners must go through mandatory annual training, maybe once or twice about firearm safety and the such. Then on top of that, annual screening of mental stability.

I don't know, I'm not sure if I'm correct to say that, but I just feel that we should keep and bear arms. Even Open Carry, I'm for it. Conceal Carry, yes please, Open Carry? Why not?

Typical backwards Kalifornian thinking. I declare you mentally unstable.

LoL, fair enough. I did say I'm kind of leaning on both sides when it comes to this issue.

But did you notice that people that advocate gun rights and the such, never choose to address the "Brady Bill Loophole" problem?

So are we really helping the situation or are we ourselves, in denial?

What makes you think it's correct, that ANYONE can just buy a firearm from a gun's trade show without background check and mental stability check?

While I do consider myself a Pro-Gun advocate, still, absolutely no one address the issue highlighted in bold.

So, I ask you again, are we not too drastic when it comes to ANY LAW passed against guns?

I absolutely disagree with banning firearms completely, however, sometimes I just sit there with my jaw open at some of the gun advocates' comments up here.

So it's just... whatever goes right? Wild Wild West style? Is that what you all want? 0 f'ing regulation? So why don't you just come out and say that if you're insane, you can purchase a firearm?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
You ned to chill. I starred your earlier post because it was appropriate. The OP was using a bad source and spinning what's actually occurring. You know most of us coming to this thread know there's lots of prejudice and we know not to trust what we read. ATS is full of BS. You don't have to be so angry though. I imagine since you're a mod (or developer or whatever) you come across more BS than I do.

Ron Paul is really losing his edge. I'm not sure if it's his increasing age or what but he just seems less relevant by the day.

And OP I understand where you're coming from. YOu're obviously afraid the move against guns will be more subtle. While you may not be right about the sources you cite and the facts you use, I do sympathize. I do believe we usually lose freedoms slowly and under the guise of safeguarding ourselves and others. I think much of it only occurs after the people are already prepared to let a freedom be lost. So it's not as though we're having cherished freedoms torn away from us. We cooperate.

EDIt: BUT SkepticOverlord does a service ot this community ultimately. By removing the junk we see more clearly. If there're in fact conspiracies, clarity will allow us to better see them. We all need to be be careful what we believe. I just made a post about that.
edit on 2/15/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Well, the thing is, when I purchased my firearm, I did go through all the background checks and mental stability check.

But the mental stability check part was kind of retarded in a way. What I mean, is that all they do is check for mental illness medical records and history. If you don't have it, then you're good to go.

Perhaps, they should do it in a way, where you go through a series of test first to determine if you are sane and not mentally ill in any way. Then subsequently, firearm owners must go through mandatory annual training, maybe once or twice about firearm safety and the such. Then on top of that, annual screening of mental stability.

I don't know, I'm not sure if I'm correct to say that, but I just feel that we should keep and bear arms. Even Open Carry, I'm for it. Conceal Carry, yes please, Open Carry? Why not?

LoL, fair enough. I did say I'm kind of leaning on both sides when it comes to this issue.

But did you notice that people that advocate gun rights and the such, never choose to address the "Brady Bill Loophole" problem?

What makes you think it's correct, that ANYONE can just buy a firearm from a gun's trade show without background check and mental stability check?

While I do consider myself a Pro-Gun advocate, still, absolutely no one address the issue highlighted in bold.

So, I ask you again, are we not too drastic when it comes to ANY LAW passed against guns?

I absolutely disagree with banning firearms completely, however, sometimes I just sit there with my jaw open at some of the gun advocates' comments up here.

So it's just... whatever goes right? Wild Wild West style? Is that what you all want? 0 f'ing regulation? So why don't you just come out and say that if you're insane, you can purchase a firearm?

Stat with - Clean up the lack of control over criminals with guns, in places like Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Ferguson, the southern border, STL, ESTL, etc. With totally mysterious concepts like less parole and probation, less shortening of sentences, less plea bargains, etc.

Then you can start looking into mental illnesses and other miniscule issues regarding guns.

I would actually be fine with legalizing various drugs and using all those folks' cells for life sentences for crimes with guns.

But liberals won't do that. They want less rules on criminals, and more laws on non-criminals just because they like guns and the @A.

Liberals are much angrier at people who like guns and the 2A, than they are at killers, rapists, kidnappers, and molesters.

It's a control thing for liberals. They can't and won't control the criminals, so they want to control the law abiding.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Stat with - Clean up the lack of control over criminals with guns, in places like Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Ferguson, the southern border, STL, ESTL, etc. With totally mysterious concepts like less parole and probation, less shortening of sentences, less plea bargains, etc.

Then you can start looking into mental illnesses and other miniscule issues regarding guns.

I would actually be fine with legalizing various drugs and using all those folks' cells for life sentences for crimes with guns.

But liberals won't do that. They want less rules on criminals, and more laws on non-criminals just because they like guns and the @A.

Liberals are much angrier at people who like guns and the 2A, than they are at killers, rapists, kidnappers, and molesters.

It's a control thing for liberals. They can't and won't control the criminals, so they want to control the law abiding.

Wait... did I just smoke something bad today, or did you just refer the "Brady Bill Loophole" as something.. "Minuscule"?

So... a mentally ill person, just walks into any gun show today, buys ANY firearms he/she wishes and just walk away into a shooting rampage... is something "Minuscule" to you?

Address the problem, don't divert attention.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Holding these tests they can spend more money and higher taxes. Depression is a choice you make, either be happy or sad. Toughen up humans, I was constantly beat up by my mother, cut, strangled, but I feel nothing inside. Depression is not real, be content. I think the greedy ones want to make money on stupidity. I guess that since I'm a SOCIOPATH it's a blessing, and you all should join me. a reply to: Informer1958

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join