It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Christians' allowed to Disagree with 'Jesus' and still be called 'Christians'?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Which CLEARLY covers the prices of tea in CHINA.
Perhaps a more CONVERGENT context?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

The Bible tells us that whoever BELIEVES in the Son will have everlasting life.
How do you ask Jesus into your heart? It's possible to ask without believing.
edit on 26-1-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: emphasis added

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

As I said enlightened, its not worth the argument
Believe what you want to believe

Just dont pretend you want answers, you are just after arguments

stop, think, listen, agree to disagree, its a sign of maturity

You are not interested in the thread topic, you just want to run people down

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I wouldn't know, I do ,so any other idea wouldn't make sense all I can do is describe what is done.
It is done with a commitment of heart and soul.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

No commitment can bring salvation. Only faith that Christ died for our sins. The commitment to Christ by learning the Mind of Christ is the path to spiritual maturity.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 

That verse was stated in a letter addressed to people who already believed in Christ. It's not about salvation, but fellowship with Christ.

I only raise the issue, because the 'Cardiac Invitation' gospel is misleading. Like I said, there are people who have invided Christ into their hearts without believing that He died for our sins. It's a dangerous error.
edit on 27-1-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriestfaith without works is dead my friend, or do you not believe Jesus? Because that could be argued as a lack of faith.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriestTake out the plank

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Punisher75

So how can Christians claim to do what Jesus said to do when they also claim to be habitual sinners? If you follow Jesus' commands, you do not sin because love does no harm to a neighbor.

Easy.
We do claim to try do what Jesus did, however we do not claim that he does everything that we do.

What does that mean? An example.

Jesus forgave his enemy.
Therefore;
Johnny Christian forgave his enemy.

Just because the above two statements might be true , it does not in fact follow that the following two statements are also true.

Johnny Christian Lied to his Boss at work.
Therefore;
Jesus Lied to his Boss at work.

I believe it is denying the antecedent.
www.logicallyfallacious.com...

edit on 27-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I wouldn't know, I do ,so any other idea wouldn't make sense all I can do is describe what is done.
It is done with a commitment of heart and soul.

I hope you don't mind me intervening, but may I ask you, what is your soul? And what is your heart besides an organic pump?

Let me help you on your way. Soul, as in Lat. Anima, Heb. נפש «nephesh» it means animal or creature, a lifeform. The bible says God breathed [breath means spirit] through Adams nose and he became a living animal (as compared to a lifeless one, Adams body booted up as soon as god had kickstarted his respiratory system-- and Adam was animated), in this case a rather meticulously designed mammal. Built semi-aquatic on a stretched monkey frame, pigs intestines, brains and hands of a god, and a rather sturdy heart pump.

Soul means Animal, or «living being». No mumbo jumbo soul this or soul that. You may say the Sun is your soul, in a way it is, at least part of it, the reasons you remain alive I mean. Then there are the five elements of Antiquity, they all come in handy if you plan to defeat Life and come out the other end— alive, with some golden fleece and a knobby stick, dragging along the heads of Hydra with some kind of chain rig. The stuff about the Soul is the Scam of all times. Signed and agreed upon by pater Pope and mr. Devil. That round thing up there in the sky, that is your Soul. You don't own it, so you can't sell it, you can't manipulate it, so you have no power over it at all. It is a bleeding Damocles-sword is what it is. A quite stable hydrogen reactor producing some of the sh*t we are made of. Other stars do to, and every atom in your body making up every cell in your body, was forged deep inside blazing stars and nebulae, Big Bang. We are logical matter.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: UtnapisjtimBig Bang theory is junk science and offers no cause, just a hypothetical maybe and people who believe it will never be able to say why, or how and who or even why. It just happened. Billions of years before years existed. What observations is this silly theory based off of, because you can't observe something that happened before humans existed. Basically just b.s. with approval of church and science, oddly enough.

edit on 27-1-2016 by areyousirius360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: BELIEVERpriestfaith without works is dead my friend, or do you not believe Jesus? Because that could be argued as a lack of faith.

You need to have faith before you can have faith-works. That means being born again through faith. How do you expect to have living works without faith? Thanks for removing the speck.
edit on 27-1-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriestanytime. Faith is useless if you don't bare fruit, too many people think just believing in the events of the gospel are enough, no matter how they live. Which is what happens when you forgot what Jesus says.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Semantically poetic philosophical approach...
I am happy THAT defines it for you, I will continue to believe my soul is the protean "ME" or ego.
What it could be defined as trully,is not in our power to know

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

It's not a bloody theory, kid, it's called doing research, you know picking up books and actually figuring things out. There is no magic connected to this soul thing. Talking of soul as something superhuman magic thingy, well it's certainly not biblical. And yes, every atom present here on earth, from the calcium and carbon in our bodies to the nitrogen and oxygen surrounding us, every little piece was formed in reactors not unlike our Sol. More than 90% of the cells in your body are non-human, bacteria mostly. The magic thing with life is life itself, our souls are mere slave vessels for structured neurons firing off continuously getting high on life and clinging to it. When your body rots you can no longer use it to fart about with, so you get a problem, who shall you inhabit when you die? It's questions like this that makes up the dogma of Christian soul-ism. And it's all bollocks. No life after death— or as the Hebrew name of Genesis read in Norwegian: Just dirt.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'd say the self or the ego, our consciousness, are just that, these things already have their words describing them. Body & soul, mate, your body is your soul, so mind over matter, and have a heart, for sometimes your brains will use it to transmit messages of pain, love and loss among other things.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

NOPE I'm NOT this thing I'm driving...age clarifies that.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yeah, it's a theory. The big bang THEORY. It can't be proven, and answers nothing. It's ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UtnapisjtimYour words don't say anything, a random assembly of phrases and that you hold a theory as proven fact is crazy.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: BELIEVERpriestanytime. Faith is useless if you don't bare fruit, too many people think just believing in the events of the gospel are enough, no matter how they live. Which is what happens when you forgot what Jesus says.

John 15:5 I am the vine, you are the branches: He that stays in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: FOR WITHOUT ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING.

Your works are dead as a door nail without first Abiding in Christ. That requires faith, and consistent confession of sins to the Father (1 John 1:9). Salvation is by faith, yeilding fruit is works backed by faith. Salvation regenerates the spirit, faith-works (Abiding in Christ) dresses the soul in fine linens.

There are two separate issues at work here.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

To abide in Christ is to abide in love. If God is love and Jesus is God then to abide in Jesus is to abide in love. Without love you cannot do good works, without love you cannot fulfill the law or keep Jesus' commandments.

Jesus is the embodiment of love, love personified.
edit on 1/27/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join