It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Christians' allowed to Disagree with 'Jesus' and still be called 'Christians'?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

thereby dressing the soul in fine linen.

There was something else that was made of fine linen on the tabernacle.

Exodus 26
31 “You shall make a veil woven of blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and fine woven linen. It shall be woven with an artistic design of cherubim.

The veil of the tabernacle was made of fine linen and scarlet in color. The whore of Babylon is said to wear scarlet in Revelation.

Wasn't the veil supposed to be torn in half when Jesus died on the cross? If you clothe your soul in fine linen, doesn't that imply you have sewn the veil back together?

Just something to think about.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

Well considering how long ago Genesis was written... I would say the current working theory on how the earth was made is far more reliable then a book written by sheep herders a few millennia ago

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

interesting theory...

perhaps you could explain what you mean by this...

doesn't that imply you have sewn the veil back together?

Another thing I will mention... a former member who I had a good deal of respect for suggested that the OT was actually instituted by "angels" rather then God... Ironically "cherubim" was one of those angels in Gnostic beliefs

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
It isn't though. It answers nothing. It's a statement. No provable explanation and we actually have not come any closer to figuring out how existence came to be than they have. It's imaginative a little but it is all speculation. The thought that it is possible to unlock the mystery of existence is beyond arrogant. And to date it is just as bad. It's a stupid theory, come on. It even sounds silly, the big bang. How could anyone accept as fact an event so long ago that all we can do in all possible ways is guess. Science just needs to look like it has the answer and people accept it. The same people that call christians stupid for believing in God display the same blind faith to accepted opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The veil is the flesh in my opinion, the thing that keeps people from finding the spiritual side of themselves. It represents the carnal mind and materialistic thinking (there is no life after death, etc.). Christians "sewing the veil back together" is them staying within the carnal realm, not connecting to the spiritual one.

When we die, the veil (flesh) is torn, the Spirit leaves the body. This is what Jesus' death represents, our own death and our release from Earthly existence, our sins from this life being forgiven/forgotten and us being given a fresh start.

The cherubim is what was guarding the tree of life in Eden, it represents religion and the church preventing people from attaining eternal life. The "intricate design" of the veil represents the intricate stories they use to keep the veil over believers eyes.

I'm still working on this theory though, so it may have a few holes in it.
edit on 1/27/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
It isn't though. It answers nothing. It's a statement. No provable explanation and we actually have not come any closer to figuring out how existence came to be than they have. It's imaginative a little but it is all speculation. The thought that it is possible to unlock the mystery of existence is beyond arrogant. And to date it is just as bad. It's a stupid theory, come on. It even sounds silly, the big bang. How could anyone accept as fact an event so long ago that all we can do in all possible ways is guess. Science just needs to look like it has the answer and people accept it. The same people that call christians stupid for believing in God display the same blind faith to accepted opinion.

While its true there are no definitive answers to such questions, at the very least science offers a theory that seems to fit the equation unlike the biblical account...

Apparently we can see to a point where things are actually moving away from what we believe to be the point of said "big bang"... Now im no scientist, but that seems to fit to me...

We also know that rock/stone originally had a liquid state... which means there was an extremely hot point in earths history where most of the earth was covered in molten rock... an idea that is seemingly absent from the biblical account of earths creation.

And while I personally don't approve of anyone calling someone stupid for having beliefs... the scientific approach is much more logical then the biblical one...

Science says we evolved from a primitive form...

the bible says we were created from dust...

Its pretty obvious which makes more sense... though not to a Fundamentalist Christian

edit on 27-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

There is plenty evidence. Please do us all a favour and pull your head out of your arse, it looks really stupid and it isn't healthy. The air in there, too humid, and if you start laughing you'll end up strangling yourself. Please. A scientific theory is about the closest thing to truth you and me or anyone will ever get.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtimwhat evidence?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtimsounds like science is your cult to me

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Neither make sense

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

As for angels instituting the OT, that makes sense because even Satan masquerades as an angel of light. The same goes for the NT as well, it is a work of Satan (the carnal mind) masquerading as light.

In my opinon of course.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

The NT is a work of Satan?

Now that is something I've never heard before

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yes, it was written by men to subjugate the masses into compliance. Though Jesus and his ministry are full of truth, it has been intentionally misinterpreted and that misinterpretation has been sold to the masses as the literal truth. It is not meant to be taken literally, but allegorically for the most part.

When you read the story of Jesus as one big parable, the truth is found in my opinion. The church, who commissioned the bible, wrote it with the intention of selling it as literal truth and thus hiding the allegorical truth in plain sight.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Who says that about satan?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Both Jesus and Paul.

Paul's letters are esoterically sound, but they have been sold as literal and he wrote them with the intention of hiding the esoteric truth within them in my opinion. Paul knew the truth, he just chose to hide it within his convoluted letters. He made the truth into something that is hard to understand.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Because the bible also has Jesus saying Satan can only do evil or his kingdom will divide and fail

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

A believer that turns away is still saved, but loses all reward in the afterlife, is banned from the satellite city New Jerusalem, and must spend eternity in the Outer Darkness (not the same as hell).

Though its not from one of your four favorite books, this pretty much sums it up...

2 Tim 2:11It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him; 12If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us; 13If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

Oh, dear, you know everything you point out in that post is nothing but religious church induced believes, Jesus or God careless what you do and how you do it as long as you do good in your life

Humans are born with freedom of choice, that is how a creator made humans.

When people spend their lives thinking if what their are doing is good for the church, they are robbing themselves of happiness and fulfillment of their lifes choices.

Think about what is good and forget the church oppressive views they are outdated.

edit on 27-1-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And Satan HAS done evil with the commission of the bible and the church behind it. It has taught people that they cannot avoid sinning and that the blood of an innocent man is required for salvation to occur. That is Satanic, requiring an innocent person's blood.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Not really. Linen is a common cloth often used in the BIble. For example, the armies of Heaven in Revelation will be wearing fine linen, white and clean.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join