It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Christians' allowed to Disagree with 'Jesus' and still be called 'Christians'?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Satan is an invention of the church and a manifestation of man's mind, Satan is needed for the church to keep control of the people and for people to find excuses when they commit horrible deeds on their fellow human beings.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

And that is very New Age of you.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There are no armies in heaven, heaven is supposed to be perfect and without conflict. If there is no conflict, what does heaven need an army for? Armies are for the corrupt empires of Earth, not a perfect place such as heaven.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Akragon

A believer that turns away is still saved, but loses all reward in the afterlife, is banned from the satellite city New Jerusalem, and must spend eternity in the Outer Darkness (not the same as hell).

Though its not from one of your four favorite books, this pretty much sums it up...

2 Tim 2:11It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him; 12If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us; 13If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.

Interesting... Yet another example of the issues following Paul...

Maybe one day you'll see why the gospels are my Favorite books...

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Those that turn away have not the love of God in them...

YOU should know this...

edit on 27-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Well, "New Age" thinking is far older than any religion that is around today. "New Age" is just another word used for philosophy. Philosophy comes from within, religion comes from without.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There are no armies in heaven, heaven is supposed to be perfect and without conflict. If there is no conflict, what does heaven need an army for? Armies are for the corrupt empires of Earth, not a perfect place such as heaven.

You've not read Revelation, have you?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well the the body of the believer is called the Temple and the soul is the dwelling of God, but Jesus taught that the abiding believer would be dressed in white. The tabernacle was never destroyed, it just shifted from the physical to the spiritual.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

A person who says they believe and may believe but does not walk that belief still abides. Someone who never believed in the first place never abided (?) in Him to begin with.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Of course I have, but I believe Revelation is intentionally misleading people to believe the opposite of what is true.

There are no armies in heaven, there is no need for them. Armies leave death in their wake, there is supposed to be no death in heaven.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Bingo!!!! if people just opened their minds to the realities of haven, hell and earth, they will open up the mind to realized what they have known since their were born.

Sadly we are born with a veil of ignorance in order to live our earthy lives and learn, if only the human mind could be opened to the soul infinite wisdom and ancient knowledge, but if that happened earth life would lose its meaning.

Humanity will be no more as struggling beings, as the soul is always connected to the source of creation.

Religion is a human need, a human hindering and a human creation.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Then our theology is at cross purpose.

Heaven has a host, and in the end, all of us who are there will be part of that host for the final battle. There will be no need of it ever again after that.

But evil will not be vanquished without a fight.

link   

If you took the time to understand the Judgement Seat of Christ, you would get the full picture, but you can't possibly understand a fraction of what Jesus said with understanding the OT. I'd explain, but.......

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

A person who says they believe and may believe but does not walk that belief still abides. Someone who never believed in the first place never abided (?) in Him to begin with.

Which unfortunately leads to another serious problem...

A person which truly "believes" so to speak, and yet has led a horrible life gets a pass...

while a person who has led a good life, loving and giving... charitable, and caring gets shrugged off because of his lack of belief...

There is no justice in said idea...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

If you took the time to understand the Judgement Seat of Christ, you would get the full picture, but you can't possibly understand a fraction of what Jesus said with understanding the OT. I'd explain, but.......

I know your doctrines my friend...

You don't need to explain

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The body of Christ is the universal body, you are the temple (body) that God resides within.

The head of the body is Christ and Christ is the mind.

The head of Christ is God and God is the life within everything, it is what gives rise to both the mind (Christ) and the church (universal body).

The bible is speaking of what we all are, the universal Spirit experiencing life. It is not nearly as complicated as the bible tries to make it out to be. Look straight in front of you, the light you see is the gospel, it is the truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You've not read Revelation, have you?

yes there are armies in heaven

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I always love you post in any other thread, but on this topic, I can not disagree with you more, humans are humans, and as such with a mind that is soo primitive. that allows to be blinded by believes, but the spiritual real from where all the souls comes is perfect is in harmony with the source of creation and as such is no wars and no reason to fight any.

Only humans in their primitive mind, create wars, fight wars, kill each other and then hide under religion or evil to justified death.

Haven is no a place where you go because you are a good God religious fearing person, but the home from were all souls come from.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1where does Jesus say he masquerades as an angel of light?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

Where did I say that he said that? I said that Jesus said Satan masquerades as an angel of light.

Matthew 7
15 Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Those who are wolves in sheep's clothing are Satan masquerading as an angel of light. Same concept, just a different way of putting it.
edit on 1/27/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

No, you really don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join