It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Christians' allowed to Disagree with 'Jesus' and still be called 'Christians'?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And how else do you abide in love other than this...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Whoever believes in love practices it. Love does not condemn but is what saves. God sent love into the world to save us from sin. The one who loves does no wrong to a neighbor and does not sin.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

But to reject Jesus' payment for our sins as the "Lamb of God who removes the sins of the world", is a rejection of His love. By that measure, those who reject His sacrifice have judged themselves.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

That teaching is from the corrupt church, Jesus never said to believe in a sacrifice. In fact he said he did not desire sacrifice, but love and that love was more important than ANY sacrifice. Jesus said that if we love others then he and his Father will also love us. No mention of a sacrifice to remain in he and his Father's love.
edit on 1/27/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Jesus was the LAMB of God who removes the sins of the world. That is a reference to the sacrificial Lamb. God did not DESIRE a sacrifice, but it is necessary due to Adam's sin.

I'll leave it at that. I don't want to get into another argument.

edit on 27-1-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriestwhy do you say that? As long as the bible is it can be summed up in 2 commandments based on love. To complicate it any more than that in regards to who is judged and saved by the blood of the lamb is fancy talk. Jesus made it simple, we complicate it. Don't speak on behalf of Jesus and judge people as having judged themselves. You have no authority. Christian is becoming associated with snobbery and elitism because of attitudes people display when talking scripture. You decide your opinion is correct and those who don't agree you deem wrong or worse. Encouraging people to value faith over being a good person isn't what the gospel tells you to do. You don't get a free pass as a reward for JUST believing. Anyone can have blind faith. Faith is a thought in your mind. Atheists who do good all their lives and expect no reward after death have a natural sense of morality that the Christian strives all his life for, never getting there because the motive is fear of hell. Hell, it's one of the most effective selling points you can use to convert people.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Fair enough my friend.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

As far as I'm concerned Big Bang Theory is a rather fun TV show. How do you explain the formation of matter and the age of the universe? And can you explain everything scientifically without postulating a viable THEORY. You know, from a hunch to a scientific theory there's a pretty long way to go. I'm not saying big bang theory explains everything, but it's plausible. Apart from he fact that the Big Bang was most likely mute, extremely violent, but mute. I suggest you read a few volumes on scientific method before you start bickering about what a THEORY is and not.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtimwhatever plausible is not fact as was stated by someone. It doesn't make sense because if you condensed the entire universes matter into a single whatever sized point, you still have all the empty space of the universe infinitevand all around the point. It's doesn't pass for scientific fact, and is kind of an embarrassment to the people who came up with it. It's no better than anyone else's best guess and has nothing to back it up. It's like science said FU this is what happened, go away.

edit on 27-1-2016 by areyousirius360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim
Does theory officially mean fact now? You want me to learn that? Heh.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Jesus was the LAMB of God who removes the sins of the world. That is a reference to the sacrificial Lamb. God did not DESIRE a sacrifice, but it is necessary due to Adam's sin.

I'll leave it at that. I don't want to get into another argument.

on the contrary... The OT god wanted blood from the very beginning...

WIth Cain and Abel said god rejected Cain's "sacrifice" which ironically was "fruit"... and accepted Abel's Sacrifice which was blood and fat... because as it states in Hebrews "without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins"... Of course Paul... or the writer of Hebrews who was most definitely a follower of Paul would know this is an echo of Leviticus 17:11...
11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

A blood thirsty Critter indeed...

This so called god does not know Mercy... though that is he/she/its claim

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The two main points of the Bible are:

1) Believe in Christ
2) Abide in Christ

Couldn't be any simpler.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriestactually it's love God with all your heart, and love your neighbors as yourself. Did you read the bible because you made that up.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Those aren't the commandments I remember...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

1) To believe in Christ is to Love the Light.

2) To Abide in Christ is to abide in His love, thereby dressing the soul in fine linen.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

John 3 to believe.

John 15 to abide.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Would you say that a persons that "believes" yet turns away from those in need is actually a believer?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I'm not a very good teacher, but here's a few pages that will teach you the basics of scientific method and how it is applied. Your "just a theory" approach is cute at best. Please stop making a fool of yourself and admit that scientific method is the best we've got to establish some sort of framework for understanding nature.

undsci.berkeley.edu...

The below nippet is from one of the sub-pages in the index above: undsci.berkeley.edu...

Occasionally, scientific ideas (such as biological evolution) are written off with the putdown "it's just a theory." This slur is misleading and conflates two separate meanings of the word theory: in common usage, the word theory means just a hunch, but in science, a theory is a powerful explanation for a broad set of observations. To be accepted by the scientific community, a theory (in the scientific sense of the word) must be strongly supported by many different lines of evidence. So biological evolution is a theory (it is a well-supported, widely accepted, and powerful explanation for the diversity of life on Earth), but it is not "just" a theory.

That said, are you really here to discuss the dogma and doctrines of Christianity or are just here for trolling?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtimim all set dude you can have your wacky theories

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UtnapisjtimThere is no proof of any big bang and that alone makes it a theory. Not even all scientists accept and no one can ever prove it because no one was there. It's not a fact it is a theory and you are easily indoctrinated to accept what you are told, sorry but just because your convinced it's not a fact even worth debating.your crazy if you think science knows how the world came to be. It's no better than Genesis

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join