It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Christians' allowed to Disagree with 'Jesus' and still be called 'Christians'?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1Where does Jesus say that about satan?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Akragon

No, you really don't.

That is your opinion and you're welcome to it...

I know both the OT and the NT quite well... and how they relate to each other

Though I also know the dogma attached to them by Christianity... which is usually bunk for the most part

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

There's no need to keep asking the same questions over and over. You seem familiar to me for some reason.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20305401]3NL1GHT3N3D1[/postI want to know what this plenty of evidence is

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1different post sorry. I wanna know where Jesus says that because I don't know.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I showed you where he says that on the previous page of this thread. Matthew 7:15 is where you'll find it.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Im crazy I have my own theories. For instance I've always marveled they the smallest particles(atoms) operate like solar systems. Then I found out my new hero Tesla had the same thought and Einstein ended up getting the credit somehow. But im not a scientific moron. The big bang theory is lazy.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1I didn't see that so relax. Thank you im gonna check it out

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
No mention of Satan at all in 7:15

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1that was about false prophets

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
Im crazy I have my own theories. For instance I've always marveled they the smallest particles(atoms) operate like solar systems. Then I found out my new hero Tesla had the same thought and Einstein ended up getting the credit somehow. But im not a scientific moron. The big bang theory is lazy.

If said theory is lazy in your opinion....

What is believing in a creation account written thosands of years ago considered?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

Dude,

You have NO IDEA what Christians believe. Honestly. Almost every thing you mention has (in the rest of the parables you didnt finish reading) how each issue is solved as per the teachings of a christian. Its almost the worst mental cut and paste job.

Jesus Christ man.

edit on 1 27 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Why are you assuming I believe that?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You must have missed the message I sent you saying neither make sense.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Not at all... I said nothing of your beliefs

Dismiss both if you like... But one does not equal the other

IF the scientific theory is lazy... What would you consider the bibical account?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Good literature

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Whatever makes the bird come out of the old Swiss clock I s'ppose

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
this sort of answers the op,

"God said to Abraham, kill me a son,

Abe said man, you must be putting me on.

God said NO and Abe said What?

God said, YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT ABE,

but next time you see Me comin, you better run" bob dylan

so one can do anything they want and still be christian, just beware of the consequences.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1That's not what he said. Angel of light and wolf in sheeps clothing aren't the same. Satan can't go against satan or his kingdom will fail. Jesus Christ said that. So how can he masquerade as an angel of light. You said both Paul and Jesus say that, that was incorrect and you twisted scripture because Jesus doesn't say that. I hate when people do that and say oh, uh, well it means the same thing. NO IT DOESN'T. Words mean what they mean. Jesus did not say that. He said THE OPPOSITE STOP LYING

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

Textl. His stance on money - apparently he advocated people selling ALL of their belongings and giving the proceeds over to the Evionim ('the poor ones') in order to take up the yoke of the kingdom and follow him. The vast majority of 'Christians' in modern day America (and in the West generally) do not live without any material possessions and have clearly NOT given away all they have to the Poor (Matt 19:21) in order to enter into the Kingdom.

I do not understand this in the same manner as you have postulated your reading.

Jesus was not not teaching by commandment or by inference that all Jews must do as he instructed this young man in Matthew 19:21. The Jews already had a national tithing law and to command this as a pertaining to all Jews is not the case at all. Jesus Himself had a bag man so that would also show that it was not the case as you demonstrate.

In fact this man wanted to be perfect (without blame in the judgment) and asked Jesus how he could attain perfection In this life. The man was another rich person who loved his money and power and when told to get rid of that life style he turned away from the advise of Jesus.

In lite of this it was not addressed to a group of people or even several people but was addressed to this one particular rich man. Jesus did not seek this example out but instead it came to Him and was a command to anyone.

2, His stance on Divorce - his reactionary & ultra conservative statements on this subject is covered in another thread ('Can a True Follower of Jesus be Divorced/Remarried and still call himself a 'Christian'?)

Jesus had no so called stance on divorce. His Father God made the rule book long before His being flesh and in fact was part and parcel of the creation of Adam and Eve in the garden. All Jesus explained was that by choice we marry and also divorce and that in divorce one breaks a vow to the Father God. Divorce is not the perfect will of God but is His permissive will. The only thing left before judgment in this matter is to repent. All Jesus did was to remind the people that marriage was in the commands of God and that through choice of sin we practice divorce. Nothing here to suggest anything contrary.

3. His demands that his disciples avoid the goyim (i.e. Gentiles, non-Jews) and preach only to the Elect of the Lost Sheep of the House of Yisro'el, and his name calling in Matthew chapter 15 to a poor gentile (SyroPhoenecian) woman who had come to him for help. This smacks of the lowest form of xenophobia if not overt racism.

Jesus did come to His own first and by your standards of political correctness He was guilty of your understanding. But you make the same error as almost all liberal moderns of today. Jesus was testing her faith and her faith did not waver. She was an example of faith in God and this was shown for that purpose. My opinion of course.

If a man has one child or perhaps no child is that man not responsible to his spouse or children? Would it be proper for that man to feed his neighbor and starve his charge? The man who would starve his own house and feed another is not worthy to draw breath. But if that man has enough to feed his house and his neighbor then that man has been blessed with abundance has he not? There is food for the souls and there is food for the spirits. Both are needed at one time but only one is needed for eternity.

1Corinthians_12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Race? Nothing could be further from the truth. The woman's needs were met by her faith and shown to the Jews as an example of the perfect will of God. My opinions of course.

5. Culpability for thought crimes : 'But I say to you, even when a man looks at a woman with lust for her, he has already committed adultery with her in his heart...'

This is truth. And what is the penalty for doing so? Repent and Jesus will erase that sin where no one can find it again.

We simply do see the glass as half filled or half empty.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join