It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 372
<< 369  370  371    373  374  375 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

lol thats just birth but when is such a thing not occurring moment to moment? In unawareness thats all. On death the consciousness starts getting pulled towards wombs like a vacuum cleaner. I avoided five of them... so am i living woo? lol Wu Wei it matters not.

But no I would not go to any form of a young child offered... a self grasps, such a practice requires no self to really take hold, otherwise it becomes a force of demonic possession looking to take hold where another life already exists as a unique expression all it's own.

There is such a thing known as transference of consciousness in practice but only between awakened beings does such a thing occur and should be kept as a practice.

It is interesting to "feel" the other presence of awakened personalities or just those reaching out. some of them automatic denial because of their desires and control known to be in the dark or black spiral into hell realms.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

No, I would let nature take it's course if I was old and my dependents had grown and moved on with their own lives.
If I was young and I still had dependents I would consider the offer.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Animals can't talk? My kitty expresses the most profound vitriol with the tip of her tail. And my fish, on the dot, tell me when it is nine o'clock and they want their dinner. Wild animals speak a different dialect usually, but those that we bring into our homes and live with, there is really no excuse for not understanding them.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I have a murder(flock of crows) that seem to like following me around. During my "dark night of the soul" as it is called... someone that always took me as their nemesis in trying to force me to be them and not accepting me as myself... came running up from behind yelled "Bull$h!t" kicking at my back as hard as they could... I burst into a flock of crows they went right through me and fell out of sight into the abyss as I reformed.

I really enjoy my little flock, one likes to dive bomb onto my roof... feed me feed me, or just happy to bounce around, one of them a raven likes to purr like a cat in a brrrrrl brrrrl like fashion, some of them talk... there is a little bird too not a crow he is first to show up in the morning and last to leave at night.

I hear them drop things on my roof as gifts of return but I haven't been up there to see what they leave me... I think it sweet and I hope they are not insulted that I do not accept payment.

There was a black cat that comes around from time to time last week, he was startled to see me as he went to mark a tree like oh $h!t and ran; I made some baby noises at him and went back to painting then I hear him say I know you... I say oh really? He says yes you're my grandmother to which giggle at and say oh really? I think I know one of your ancestors, he says who? I said his name was Mugen. There was a pause and he said yeah I know of him people thought of him as a jerk. I said well he was attacked in his sleep when he was little and it really scared him, so maybe he never got over it. He said someone is behind you... I turned a slight look back and see some movement in the woods too shy but yet curious with a spectral glow like sunlight but no sun shinning there.

It's nice having such conversations... but I think it really odd that all of the animals in which I am familiar always call me grandmother.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Perhaps it's your attire? Is your name Norman, do you own a motel?

You should check the roof, I would guess that the dropping is not for your benefit but for the cracking of shells, snails if you're lucky.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

No not a Norman O lady of the lake :p I have an inn but no one else has an out... unless we are talking belly buttons then a stitch buttons up in such modest times. The thread of fates, comes in two colors.

I went up there and noticed the sorts left over (not that fond of Apple Jacks) but there was a snail shell the other day I almost stepped on it and cringed thinking I almost killed one it was heavy picking it up to check it out but no one home... so now it sits on my lacquer-ware dresser set tray. I did set it next to my four legged money frog. Why four legs? I came across the frogs lair in dreams as a child used to scare me as a re-occuring dream climbing through old houses and would dare to venture into the attic and there would be this red glowing frog lol I always associated it with the "devil" haha but in this OBE meditation there was the red Asian money frog coin stuck in it's mouth... I slowly went to pull it out and noticed it's tongue with a knot on the other side... I gently untied the knot like a thorn in a lions paw passed by the gate it guarded then on exit returned the coin to it's mouth with a much easier knot. The next journey there the frog was again... after a friend had admonished me for having put the coin back and re-knotted? I untied it and it smiled and happily hopped away.

TV lol I have one... and unless I have company that wants to see something? Worthless. Just sitting in meditation instead of the usual constant walking eating etc.? All the entertainment I need, moving into that seeing as thought instead of literary that used to be there before quiescence killed it? Is starting to become something done at will... like opening up a window and having a look outside.

I had a similar dream as a child about 3 years of age(always dreamed in color); I used to sleep with this rather large stuffed dog... then I dreamed that I was awake in my bed; didn't know any different as I wasn't aware I was asleep so laying there cuddling my stuffed dog about noon day breeze blowing through the upstairs old Victorian house and then the stuffed dogs head slowly turned towards me... and I start beaming and saying I knew you were alive... and then it's mouth started to slowly open and it was a void but not a void like a window into some tall grass at a distance... well that scared the hell out of me so I woke up feeling like I was going to fall right into it's mouth as it kept opening wider and wider.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Don't frogs usually have four legs? Confused me for a second there, should I check? No, pretty certain four is the norm in frog limbs. I can vividly remember the last time that I held a frog in my hands. I extracted it from the long grasses beside the, rather steep, path down to the beach at Humanby Gap...six years ago this summer. That's a long time between frogs.

*sigh*

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'm not sue why the Asian money frog is supposed to have thee legs in Feng Shui; perhaps it has to do with life is really rich when you can escape a disaster that took all of the legs... and then actually start living and appreciating one's life.

Typically people seem to have that first shock of mortality at the death of someone not them; then having close calls with their own? Anxiety and fear.

Makes a religious bent to hop around on pretty accurate where croaking is involved.

But fly in the ointment or fly in the wine life is everywhere to find one how fleeting and yet how sweet it can be no matter how large or small the mouth trying to devour it.

One thing I like to do in culinary pursuits is to make a sweet turn on something usually just salty to add some flavor balance for more taste buds involved... I guess that is the secret spice of love make something slightly more addictive in some certain je ne sais quoi that keeps people coming back for more, like sugar to caramelize onions instead of just butter or soaking the in a broth then frying them of course a nice pairing of wine with a meal can burst a bouquet of flavor undreamed of.

But as far as the old my pad or yours business? Somewhere over three years... I think thats why some like to plant the rumors and well lotus flowers are kinda spikey...

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

So a three-legged frog is a financial helper? No wonder then that money and I are relative strangers that pass in the night. I have never encountered a three-legged frog and doubt very much that I could be so cruel as to invite it back to mine, the air is far too dry, and the bath a poor substitute for a pond. What would Confucius say?

I am destined to remain poor probably which, given my obvious aversion to money, is most likely for the best.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I simply enjoy folklore of all sorts, money makes no one rich in life... it's a debt that can never be paid as in it takes all life and gives everything one could have without all this nonsense in return.

Like what I was saying about a single bite of food relished in that moment if held in a savor can last nearly an eternity or chomp and gone like a dog hits the stomach before it is even out of the bowl... then looking around wonder where the food went.

energy clouds of different people though... when I lived in the Southern US whoa you do everything way way too fast. Well, that was just how life was in the larger city I was coming from further North if you didn't move super fast and get things done you'd get ran over... so it was going from I needed it yesterday too oh whenever is fine.

Of course I don't live by time passing when tired I sleep when hungry I eat etc clocks time of day or night have nothing to do with it.

Money isn't something I think about though I do prefer nice things that I find pleasing, like making a house into a home and everything an art form and appreciating it. The coarse and vulgar displays that have no grace or style is like animals inhabiting human bodies and having no idea how to function within them... and well yeah the pursuit and dangle of money often leads to that.

What can you do though? The strange thing is I put a lot of time and effort in making every inch of my environment to look like art; and in some peoples minds that makes me seem very rich like I bought things that way instead of made them that way... which also took a ton of time and skill things many people often lack and just outright buy which yeah if I didn't have an eye for things and weren't frugal to put together my collection over time then it would cost a $h!t ton if purchased all at once, the art that i produce some feel has value as well so that makes it even more valuable to some.

Weird business I suppose... I just don't get how there are oh so many people lacking any creativity whatsoever. More war and crappy consumer product focused than on the arts I suppose.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Have you seen the film The Big Short? It's a very, very good film, it takes you by the hand and clearly leads you through what is wrong with the system, why it went wrong and why it will go wrong again.

There is something terminally wrong with the way society measures success.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The interesting thing is how people assume anarchy is chaos just because it is a politics that says power to the people by working to destroy the system by any means. But is actually a very peaceful form of living sort of like one large societal commune sans the money and stock market just trading goods/services in a barter system. But adults remain adults and are not reduced to being children and lorded over their entire lives.

Lessons can come quick as an adult in such a system; when respect just isn't a given and a fat lip was the price to learn it.

All forms of systematic government eventually lead to totalitarianism and intolerance and a world out of balance... doesn't matter if you are left or right eventually it creeps further left and further right then there it is spiraling the drain like a buzzard waiting to devour all, like the land of liberty... claiming: Give me your poor, your tired, etc easy pickings for the capitalist slave trade needing cheap labor... of course cost became too high cheaper to corporatize and terrorize the entire world for cheap labor and resources as slave labor... and well when some are so rich that objects are no longer fun... then the game of people and using them like pawns and sexual objects and animals becomes the whim. 9/11 was a snuff film...

But no I have not seen the movie of which you speak, it's a nice rainy spring day with the cold... I may just have to have a gander, if there's nothing to goose.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

That there is a "Left" or a "Right" is a false paradigm, hence the facile consequences of those who believe in it. People, much like bacteria, cluster according to the survival strategy that they think serves their interests best. I was re-reading John B Calhoun's study on over-crowding in rodent populations, and the Behavioural Sink comes about not through the over-crowding itself, but as a consequence of stressful social interactions, which rleadto deviancies which were contrary to survival. Successful reproduction effectively ceased, too busy filling their time with worthless positioning at the feeding trough fulfilling superficial roles, often including excessive grooming. Courtship, and sexual reproduction, were instead replaced by rape and mother's cannabilising their young.

What it is important to understand though is that all this was done in a closed environment, so there are no "new frontiers". We are bio-chemically predisposed to boldly go, the Behavioural Sink is the response to having nowhere to go and being forced to interact with those we don't want to interact with, in a way that is stressful, ie having to wait in line for food and water.

I like to think we are a tad more adaptable than rats though, some of us at least, and that it is only a matter of time before we overcome our biologically driven self-destruct sequence. It would be nice, from my perspective, if we didn't simply develop this intelligence so that some people could exploit the # out of everything and make lots of money, because that seems to be the dominant message the West is giving out, that is what future archaeologist would pick out from the wreckage of Western Civilisation. Growth at all cost, corruption pays, and justice is a whore? I'm not willing to associate myself with that, so all I can do is disassociate. Keep banging my head up against brick walls for jollies.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

That was probably the smartest thing I ever read on ATS.
What she says

Kill money not people.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

And the perfect song to go with it! "We're like rats in a cage..."

FEAR - Let's Have A War

"We could all use the money..."

"The enemy's within..."

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

There's so much music I don't know. That's pretty cool, but it's always bothering me that it's some kind of "preaching to the choir". I mean there has to be something we can do to make ourselves heard without burning stuff, or beating up police?

Because it's true, people aren't our problem. There is so much cool technology and medicine, to clean water grow food... yet the cure for narcolepsy gets sold by Gillette in western countries as anti aging creme. Wtf? While in the countries where most people suffer from it can't afford it... because money. Always money.

How do we wage war against stuff? Plastic, money, ...

Maybe this is the problem? We have to look for the hard way.
I'm watching this fantastic James Baldwin documentary "I'm not your negro" and keep thinking, what is our one big fight we have to win?
Is there one thing we have to conquer? The deafness of the heart.
Feel. Cry. Suffer even if you're comfortable. As long as one has to endure injustice from superficial ideology we're all doomed.

edit on 25-4-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

There's the rub. A non-violent war? At times I think the nerds will save the day and there will be no: fires, beating of the police, tear gas, rubber bullets, and curfews. Other times, I'm ready to take up arms against my aggressors, brick in one hand, Molotov cocktail in the other.

I've wrestled with violence vs. non-violence for a few decades. G8 is a good example. Carrying a sign, mad about something, then some a-hole shows up causing a violent response. Do you take the billy club to the head or fight for your life? From the outside looking in, run away because violence is bad. There, in the moment, not so cut and dry.

"Come see the violence inherent in the system!! Help! I'm being repressed!"

But I'm more of an idealist (I believe in ideas). The only way I can see is to take the p1ss out of them (globalists) but I don't want to rule/run the world (another great punk song! "I want to conquer the world"). That means the death of oil which is why I love nuclear fusion. But again, big, wide world view. My battles are local. Buy local produce, local beer, eat as much organic as I can. Even spreading into meat (local farmers), and eggs.

But that is what I can think of. Oh, don't listen MSM either. Print is OK but that is being so dumbed down too that it is not worth it. How hard is it to mention a date, time, and part of town in a "news story"? Apparently too hard for the local paper.

Anyway, if you have any good ideas I'd like to hear them!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I'm not categorically against violence. There's a time and a place for that too. I wouldn't let someone kill and surpress me without a fight.
The problem is, like Anaana said a false line of division. It's not right/left, gay/straight, black/white which are at war. It's compassion/narcissism.
We have too many calling themselves whatever label they think gives them the most appreciation from the "crowd" without feeling it. True passion is incredibly hard to live. True compassion is even harder. Without becoming patronising, condescending "I help you", instead "you suffer injustice and that hurts me too".
Who can do that?
All you listed is good. Is right. But it circumvenes what we do really have to face, for most love, equality, justice, liberty... are just empty words. So many don't experience that, not for one second, not even in their childhood. But it's the only things that can make us whole, heal us.
And it is worth dying for, fighting for, killing for. But whom? You won't find one person against that. But also not a single one capable of feeling it in its entire glory.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I'm not one to riot or participate in a protest... and what good is it to call for violence if you yourself are not willing to engage in said violence? Lest you be deemed a hypocrite. If I had the power, I would root out corruption at the higher levels of the corporate and diplomatic worlds. I would clean house. Equal sharing of natural resources; more wind farms, restrictions on fertility and new immigration .

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

But windfarms kill birds. Why do you hate birds?
edit on 25-4-2017 by Peeple because: Auto

new topics

top topics

<< 369  370  371    373  374  375 >>

join