It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 296
<< 293  294  295    297  298  299 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

well, I mean it's only fair being one of the main reasons it's all tangled to hell and back to begin with :p

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: Reverbs

Please come back I'm worried.

all good in the hood. Didn't find anything. Maybe it was just a party. But I heard the same words over like a chant. Maybe I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: Mousygretchen

But it's been short... a lot of native blood so scruffy is hard to achieve without product(ick) or not washing it for a long time also(ick) spent over 8 hours putting it in dreads when I was 19 woke up the next morning and it was all completely straight like it was brushed out in my sleep.

yep...

My dumb mustache is not groomed.. That's just all I got.
My mom doesn't even have hair on her legs haha..

I can't do scruffy, wish I could.

When I was a kid part of my dad's immortal being was his scruff... But he is not the same blood as me obviously.
I'm so much like him it is almost a comedy,,
But then I am also my mom.
He's the only one who isn't "magical" in some way.

edit on 14-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Quite a few people only have back in the day stories... so be sure to keep it rowdy. It gets more and more difficult to make friends the older you get; people having lives or already a close circle of friends; you kinda get put on the outsider list especially if more than one single lady in the group is attracted to you... better to stay aquaintences or friendzone them than bust up a friendship.

Working in the restaurant industry sort of helps that immensely.
People should always be writing new stories in their life book.
I'm liking my current journey. Who else get's to cook for a damn division one football team?

that's great advice for anyone to hear.
double stars for you! (not really) but really.

My current story is I'm working with and feeding future NFL players.
I am hanging out with people, that other's would want autographs from.
I carved meat for the head coach to a team that won the NCAA basketball championship twice.
and he came back for seconds... He's seen me like 4 times now, but I always act like I don't know who he is.

I'm in that video jumping over fires.. You jsut can't see me..

My life is always changing and fluid.

But if I keep hanging on more awesome things will come.

LOVE

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Make memories happen.

I'm living a dream life..

And that's after wanting to kill myself and being kicked out of school. Kicked out of school with very good grades mind you. I thought if I had the grades attendance didn't matter. But they do kick you out if you miss like half the classes in highschool. They could have let me stay as I was tutoring other people in calculus and AP physics.

It's ok that they failed me.

Somewhere along the line I found my soul.

and my soul is mine.

get your own!

And then no one owns your future.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
Well, as for bulking up believe it or not carbs are what you need not fat.
By the way are you having gallbladder issues?

Carbs in combo with diary is my usual go to solution, it's not working this time. When I got ill, end of 2015, I came out of that with a whole load of food intolerances. I can only eat very small quantities of wheat without it making me ill. All dairy is out of the question, as are eggs, red meat and pulses. I keep trying to build back a resistence but it just isn't happening for me this time and I am stuck in one step forward two steps back.

"Gallbladder issues" is an excellent guess though, increased risk of gallstones is associated with Gilbert's Syndrome, which is my general issue.

@ Mousy, BBD and Serdigam - thank you for all the suggestions and taking the time to come up with ideas for me BUT on what planet is butter not a fat.

What I am looking for is high calories but no fat...and I should add sugars are a testy area too.

I'm looking for a miracle...that's what I am looking for.

That and patience. I'll get there, but it's cold here and I want a fat layer to keep me warm.

Protein powder might work, I'll look into that...I'm also thinking mushrooms.

Thanks guys

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

well...

My mom had her gallbladder removed.

I had to come from where I was to her house to watch my baby brother.

She was slowly losing her ability to eat and digest fats.

So that's where that is coming from.

Like I said a protein powder and a complex carbohydrate powder in a smoothie blended with fresh fruit and ice.
just saying I'm feeding giant dudes and some need bulk and other's need lean... The ones that need lean get the smoothie that has just the protein powder without the complex carb powder.

It tastes amazing btw,

It's just an added bonus to what you are already eating.
BUT on the super plus side it's not carbs made of bread or sugar...

Mushrooms are amazing at least for protein..
they are animals not plants.. They breathe oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide ..

have you heard of cordyceps mushrooms?

go there if you go shrooms.

Baked chicken and potatoes with rosemary... MMMM

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Just looking into the carb powders and you're completely right, wheat free is possible. I'll give it a go, due to nausea, drinking food is much easier than eating right now. This may work to get me out the rut that I am in.

Top tips. Thanks muchly

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

YAY!

Nice to know that someone else likes hearing bout da old times!!

Even I didn't know some of the facts. Nice that I could share with you.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Hemp protein! I am so chuffed to bits. I've ordered a selection of powders.

Thanks so much, never would have thought of this.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Cheers again.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Being rooted in who you are; is always familiar soil... in such a manner it's easy to see all that have no root drifting along looking for an anchor.

A lady I met in Albama virtually had no hair on her legs; I didn't inquire but she volunteered... saying she was told when she was young to never start shaving them or else she will never stop shaving them. She never did shave them so the hair never "matured" it was there on very close inspection but extremely fine and very light.

I suppose it has to do with stimulating the hair follicles causes the body to shove a lot of keratin in that direction to stimulate growth... once any present get to the maximum length the signaling is shut off. So not shaving it left it in sort of a statis where the gene couldn't express itself further.

Thats my best theory anyway... I couldn't really grow much facial hair until I was around 38 always sparse cheeks and sideburns are still this way and the chin area more prone than anywhere else. My sister suggested I shave everyday once hair or not. Since I finally could grow some it's been a fun curious thing to display having been without it for so very long. But it does get annoying at times... I'm glad it isn't all stiff and crazy like a wire brush that a couple friends facial hair grows into.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Sounds like your entire gut flora took a hit... yogurt and other probiotics to re-establish a good gut/intestinal flora would likely knock out the intolerances as it is whatever culture in there revolting against what you're eating. Pickles and vinegar help strengthen the stomach in digestion giving a lot of precursors to acid production, garlic and onions are over all general blood and system purifiers.

Grains can be iffy most people are allergic to wheat, I can tolerate it in small amounts otherwise headaches result. My advise is go to the bread that your nose carries you to in a bakery or bread store... those are the ones that your system will be craving.

Clearing out the bile ducts and gall... lots of oil and vinegar. For stones mix a glass up and drink it as nasty as it sounds and is(some apple juice helps) you'll pass them. Do that once a week for a month and they will all pass in your feces. Then once in awhile as needed if your poo starts becoming slimey/sticky yes looking at the paper when wiping is a good indicator of whats going on intestinally and also by the way it passes.

Pooping is something I honestly can not stand it is one of the worst things about natural life or problem we don't invent for ourselves... maybe in the future we can use teleporter technology to beam the poop directly out. Thats what I'm crossing my fingers for science wise.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

Hemp protein! I am so chuffed to bits. I've ordered a selection of powders.

Thanks so much, never would have thought of this.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Cheers again.

awesome glad to hear it..
I will be following suit as soon as I get this paycheck.

and Brother's advice as well.
If you don't have the right gut bacteria your food can just be wasted even..

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Some people say you have to take probiotics in supplement form, because when eaten in food form, the bacteria gets destroyed by lactic acid in your stomach, and the supplement form reaches the intestines where it works.

You could have a drink called Kombucha. It has billions of natural probiotics in it. Along with the vinegar. Yogurt is always a good choice for probiotics as well.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
Some people say you have to take probiotics in supplement form, because when eaten in food form, the bacteria gets destroyed by lactic acid in your stomach, and the supplement form reaches the intestines where it works.

You could have a drink called Kombucha. It has billions of natural probiotics in it. Along with the vinegar. Yogurt is always a good choice for probiotics as well.

I actually just looked at some studies on this, because that's kind of what I do for fun now..
Got to really check my sources these days ya know?

It looks like and this si the third study so far.. The bacteria in yogurt is found you know after digestion.. In all three of those studies. It appears certain supplements may have an easier go through the stomach than yogurt but both work to some extent.

yogurt eaten at 125g twice a day showed 7/10 participants with yogurt gut bacteria after having none beforehand. .

yogurt bacteria improves lactose intolerance.

Seems like after 2 weeks of no yogurt your gut bacteria don't make it?

And starts showing up 2 days after starting to eat yogurt.

But yogurt is just yummy anyway. So adding that one to the list.. But I wouldn't consider it the best source of gut bacteria now that you brought this up mousy. So thanks for that

Survival of Yogurt Bacteria in the gut

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

uh I wish I could...really

siggisdairy.com...
I think I have to go for now.....not fair

that one is my favorite its soo good mm

good night swety pie
edit on 14-1-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

target.scene7.com...

and this^^ But that's a quired taste.

edit on 14-1-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I think that gut flora is most likely a problem, yogurt (and bananas) are usually all I can eat when I am suffering from bad nausea. I like vinegar, prefer it to apple juice in fact, what type would you recommend? I've taken cider vinegar with water intermittently and don't think I have any stones, but blockages may be, I've been leaning towards there being some issue with my pancreas. Tests show it up as fine, and removing red meat from my diet has alleviated the worst of the symptoms I was getting, so it could just be that. Overall, it is liver and kidney function, and specifically toxin removal that is messing with my system and consequently I suspect that my gut is just hyper-sensitive to irritants and allergens. I have to increase my antioxidant load gradually and consistently, without 'cleansing' my system as a by-product. I need to take baby-steps I am finding and if it can't be steamed and or pureed, it is too rich for me at the moment and that includes most breads. It's bland and blend all the way until I crack this, I think, I've tried all my old tricks and I need new ones. I'm optimistic about the powders but will add in the vinegar and keep the yogurt. I reckon I'll be up and truckin' again in no time.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

They've just this minute arrived...so I shall have a progress report shortly...have you checked with your work on whether you could buy it through them, you might get a better price. I don't think broken down into servings that it is costly, but to get the best value I've bought 500g bags averaging about a tenner a piece, so intial outlay could be steep (if like me you're on a low income), your work probably gets it at a fraction of that if they're buying in bulk.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

They've just this minute arrived...so I shall have a progress report shortly...have you checked with your work on whether you could buy it through them, you might get a better price. I don't think broken down into servings that it is costly, but to get the best value I've bought 500g bags averaging about a tenner a piece, so intial outlay could be steep (if like me you're on a low income), your work probably gets it at a fraction of that if they're buying in bulk.

Its actually the teams nutritionist who buys it, not us.
I looked at the cost I can definitely afford it.
It was only waking up with an arm that would be paralyzed for 2 months and not being able to work that put me in 1400 debt.Just caught back up.

speaking of money I just got called into work.. Blah.. LOL
hard to get a day off around here

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There were a couple of books I was looking at recently related to microbes and health that might interest anyone who wanted to read up on that sort of thing:

The Human Superorganism: How the Microbiome Is Revolutionizing the Pursuit of a Healthy Life
"The origin of asthma, autism, Alzheimer's, allergies, cancer, heart disease, obesity, and even some kinds of depression is now clear. Award-winning researcher on the microbiome, professor Rodney Dietert presents a new paradigm in human biology that has emerged in the midst of the ongoing global epidemic of noncommunicable diseases."

10% Human: How Your Body's Microbes Hold the Key to Health and Happiness
"You are just 10% human. For every one of the cells that make up the vessel that you call your body, there are nine impostor cells hitching a ride. You are not just flesh and blood, muscle and bone, brain and skin, but also bacteria and fungi. Over your lifetime, you will carry the equivalent weight of five African elephants in microbes. You are not an individual but a colony."

top topics

<< 293  294  295    297  298  299 >>

join