It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 293
<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Try this.

"Country fried steak"...In Germany they call it "WeinerSchnitzel", or "JagerSchnitzel".

www.seriouseats.com...

That should fatten you up pretty good...

You have to shallow fry, or deep fry a piece of steak or a hammered chicken cutlet and then after breading it.

Then you make gravy out of flour and butter(But use good quality butter, like Kerry gold brand

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

MMM Tempura; club soda, egg and rice flour... drench/dredge; much less expensive when making it oneself

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Oh heck yeah, I would love to make some some time

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I deal with similar weight issues, for completely unknown reasons. It all started around the same time as the bone issues, but the doctors are adamant they have nothing to do with each other. Of course, I have found that medical doctors are full of sh!t with a disturbing frequency.

I find the easiest way is to find something that can be changed across the board, like switching nearly completely to fried food. At least for me though, that absolutely wrecks my stomach.

I've found the best is to add in multiple protein shakes a day with a very consistent meal structure that you *never* deviate from. You may have to experiment around to find a protein powder that you can tolerate the flavor..

My basic meal will have some protein, some vegetable, and some starch. Super basic, obviously, but I try to prepare them in certain ways. Vegetables, for example, I steam and then put them in a serving container with plenty of butter in the bottom. Something like steak, I make sure to add a pad of butter.

In that way, I have found dairy (butter, cream, whole a2a2 milk, sweetened condensed milk, blah blah) to be the easiest way to maintain/gain weight without causing serious stomach issues (specifically heartburn, as that one can get me pretty bad). Dairy is also incredibly diverse, and tends to be easy to add to nearly anything.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

A clear citrus soda can can be used as well; it adds an extra bit of sweetness but of course all of the other chemicals involved in it as well... of course making a simple syrup using sugar of some sort and the club soda accomplishes the same thing.

It's nice to know how to make those things that seem exotic; but common place as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich elsewhere... I like it as a fried coated; as it is lighter and easier on the stomach. Typically it isn't fried with a low temperature oil either... peanut oil is typical for deep frying and about a table spoon of seasame oil for the meats in stir fry super hot then the sauce mixtures get thrown in and the veggies quicky tossed and or stirred and flicked about.

I always failed at asian cooking before knowing the huge difference that the oil actually makes...

Serdgiam... I really enjoy a nice roughly a tea to a table spoon bit of salted butter in my coffee; if you haven't tried it? Oh you're in for a treat; if you enjoy coffee...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

That.. sounds completely insane

Ill have to try it! I will try it small scale though.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: Reverbs

LOl yeah and then by ur 40s you will have a dad bod? LOL..no..i cant imagine that..lol.

But seriously like... u can NOT predict the weather around here...it will be whatever it wants 2 be

right? I'm sitting here sweating.. partially because I just ate like 2,000 calories all at once and eating makes me hot. But also the window is open and I need to find my summer clothes haha.. Speaking of food.. haha. oohh porkchops pan fried with safron rice greenbeans and black eyed peas!

Nah but if I can get up to like 240 I'd be happy. I wasn't super far off in the Army..

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Serdgiam... I really enjoy a nice roughly a tea to a table spoon bit of salted butter in my coffee; if you haven't tried it? Oh you're in for a treat; if you enjoy coffee...

dude yes!!

I've heard that even prolongs the caffeine similar to how fats work with vitamins. I've neglected to try it out. Well I don't drink much coffee anymore I guess is why.

You guys have me starving..

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I'm going to be cooking a steak and some risotto later

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Real butter of course... otherwise it's oil and no that is not as flavorful. My grandmother used to put chunks of sharp cheddar in a cup of coffee to melt it then spoon it onto bread as a snack. I have had it myself quite few times it has a certain je ne sais quoi... especially if you put sugar into the cup first, kinda like a sweet cheesy doughnut with a tad bit of coffee flavoring. She used to wrinkle her nose at me; when I would add sugar and milk and finish it off after the cheese was gone not minding the oil... only once; the first time she saw me do it did she comment, I said I didn't want it to go to waste so it was just the nose wrinkle in succeeding times after that... one of the things that I wish my mother picked up from her. My mom is the type that has something to say about whatever it is; each and every damned time... like captain obvious's missing soul mate.

Makes me want to initiate reverse shaken baby syndrome...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

lol ewww nasty!! Who does that?!

The only thing I put in my coffee is dunkin donuts extra extra cream.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

lol ewww nasty!! Who does that?!

The only thing I put in my coffee is dunkin donuts extra extra cream.

the cheese part? I don't know coffee has a way of making other things taste better.
Big Brother Darkness is digging into some real coffee woo there.

Ginger snaps.. MMM

that's actually my first coffee experience when I was little mom would make me lunch usually on a paper towel like grapes and sandwhiches whatever. But she would have her coffee and maybe I have grahm crackers and I dipped them in her coffee. Holy wow I ws like oh coffee is Good?! Seemed like yucky grownup stuff.

haha..

got too hungry almost sick on my walk to the store so I'm having a TV dinner snack before I make dinner lol.
edit on 13-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
You guys got me thinking, which made me notice something and now I need you for some fact checking:

Is it an established known that there are clubs knowing a lot more about this hermetics occult ancient knowledge stuff than the average Joe?

Because to me it is.

I "dated" one of them...

Who knew heaven and hell were in the same neighborhood?

LOL

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Yes ginger snaps... my roommate bought some a while back and I might have accidently ate most of them with my coffee..

It was like the quintessential Autumn feeling... Ginger bread cookies and the way the dissolve too is kind of awesome.

I have a secret method of eating oreos with milk btw...When you drown the oreo in the milk for a few seconds then it gets that perfect consistency.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Uggh I weighed 230 being at 6'-0" and I felt horrible, but didn't realize how horrible until I dropped 90lbs, I could use retoning as I used to work out a lot but I feel pretty spry and wirey. Two weeks of the flu that turned into three weeks of pneumonia made me drop about 30lbs some garlic and echinacea was the thing that finally knocked the sickness out and in less than two days; nothing else would touch it... that was about two and a half years ago and I haven't been sick since, rare that I am anyways probably only 4 times in my life flu just twice once at around 14 I remember it vivvidly because I was laying on the couch and I farted the biggest longest fart I have ever had in my life it was like the equivalent of having 6 fully inflated lungs ever so slowly exhaling like over a minute it was so weird and yet amazing as it is something I rarely do anyway.

How did I put it on? Huge portions with at least two sides and a salad at least two times a day; living with a good woman that really enjoyed eating for about three years. Growth other than waist line meant going in separate ways otherwise if that didn't occur and we chose together in; to hell with personal growth? If I were to wear a jogging suit that said goodyear down the side people would be calling the FAA for a downed blimp. Because no end in sight for packing on the lbs in that situation...

How did I keep dropping it after the flu/pneumonia? Started eating a lot more fiber, to get things moving and eating way less calories than recommended... riding a motorcycle a lot helped too, great for the legs arms and abs. Kinda has that isometric business business going on for tensor muscles... a friend that rode and was single as a fellow rider looked like he was about to starve to death, then he moved to Texas found a nice woman and got married and now he's all fat and sassy like I was.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

One of those weird cultural things; she was from a small island in the chesapeake bay... If I didn't grow up with it; then yes it would sound weird but it's only melted cheese but all the oil gets pulled out making it healthier.

Reminds me of just slicing cucumbers and putting them in a bit of apple cider vinegar that is kinda cultural thing too depending where you go, being from VA you've likely ran across that, but I have also ran across it in Southern Alabama too typically, one of those home cooking sort of things you never run across in a resturant just passing through where ever it is unless a local resturant and says homecooking... rare to come across those but always a great choice for a taste of local fare.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

haha.. I don't know I'm super dense. No pun intended.

And I'm a little bit taller.

I'm quite skinny looking at 180. To the point everyone is trying to feed me.

my longest term girlfriend she gained like 60 lbs and I lost 5.. we ate the same stuff. Well I ate more beer a lot more than her.

But you know now I get those smoothies at work (they are like 30 grams protein and 50 complex carbs plus whatevr is in the smoothie itself) I just drink those instead of water or gatorade or something.. plus I eat what the football players eat. We shall see what happens.

I was 215 maybe in the Army no one believed me as I didn't look all that different.
eating seems like a chore sometimes. And I'm still pretty far away from the 4,000 calories I normally get in a day.
Hahaha..

yup 2600 but havn't made dinner yet.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I'm pretty close to the Chesapeake bay...never heard of that lol. Although we do have "crab chips" which is a local specialty... Potoato chips with old bay.

My grandma is from Massachusettes and she would always cook us her version of Italian food.. So that was always nice.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Kinda sounds like you wanna be on the field yourself; or not appear so drastic in comparison to the players you may encounter.

I used to play padless football during lunch with the guys on the high school football team; I was a lot shorter then, but I was typically placed as an overall reciever I got stone cold knocked out... and lost my memory for about a half hour after waking up alone on the field we played... from tackling a huge mook of a dude like three times the size of anyone else out there, I was trying to tie his legs up and he did the run through the tires manuver high stepping it which was the last thing I remember there was a rock in the small of my neck at the base of my skull and was bleeding from it slightly... there's a wine mark from it to this day seen when my head is shaved...

I just sat in the smoking area outside the gym, trying to make things fall back in order... I had no idea what time it was, or even what my class order was... after trying to recall from first period and what classes after lunch several times, I thought maybe locker has my schedule in it? Then I couldn't remember where the hell that was or even the number of it.

It was fun playing though but the urge too just vanished along with my memory that day...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The brand UTZ sells those here, but yeah one of my spice containers is filled with old bay... a nice all around spice that I frequently goto for several things. I'm the only one in my family that can make crab cakes like my grandmother did... Tangier Island VA. that side of the family and those on Smith Island as watermen basically are who made Maryland the blue crab capital of the world. Of course, no one is going to make crab like the people that made their entire living surrounding it... so I'm a very bad critic to crab cake "attempts" by anyone else. Typically it's what the hell is all this breading a hushpuppy? And what is going with this green sh!t? and lemon juice seriously? wtf... crab is a delicate flavor, one bit of lemon juice and bye bye never going to taste the crab at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join