It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 290
<< 287  288  289    291  292  293 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Taking responsibility for ones own life and living it by their own rules despite expectations or demands of anyone wishing to control or mold you into some image not oneself... yep. Doesn't mean one stoops to lawlessness or as amoral or unethical as the hyper religious believe it does... in some cases it does; but that sort of thing catches up to people, even those claiming to be oh so pious but really aren't, just pretend to be because that's what people in such positions are expected to be...

Those valuing freedom typically avoid that sort of thing and just live openly and honestly, unbashed, I dont care about any controversy or people looking to blackmail or defame me... it would be like and so? it's life and I've been living it, go judge someone that cares about your judgements... of course being able to live without looking over ones shoulder allows an oh so comfortable sleep like a baby feeling at all times in ease and peace... those living dishonestly with things to hide from in that two faced facade of course do not have that luxury. Such people are those to pity... no matter what they think they may have or might have accomplished; it is never anything to envy.

edit on 10-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Well, that's why I don't do hard drugs and have a strict STD policy.. so if I follow those rules then hopefully it wont "catch up to me". I don't wannna be out of control after all.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Controlling oneself; is of course the best course of action in avoiding useless complication... of course, when so focused on self control... the control others try or attempt to have over you becomes very magnified; and it can become very frustraiting if focused on... especially when it comes from those that appear to have absolutely no control over themselves and just desire to twist or control another to their own expectations instead of aiding and helping others in their goals of personal expectation.

Of course controlling oneself can go to extremes and it can be an extreme very hard to see; it starts cutting off more and more life leaving one more and more backed into a corner of ones own making... the only way out then is to let go; surrendering to things arise... and things pass... it comes and it goes of course just sitting there observing the arising and passing of things with no attempt to control what arises or passes wisdom and a great peace starts following as a shadow. Nothing need to be added or removed to make any moment perfect it just is what it is arising and passing on it's own accord... like being dead and just seeing that life still goes on... and does not need a single bit of input for it to keep going and doing as it does.

At that moment the power of choice really becomes clear... it doesn't lead to indecision; it leads to more of a "I don't even need to be involved in this." and one starts abandoning the things that are purposeless and do nothing to resolve or make anything better as much of it starts appearing as a futility... a perpetuation of the same problems over and over... different names, different faces same old tropes and tripe over and over in one vicious cycle after another. The desire to participate in such mindless; completely just ends... of course by that point one's purpose is pretty well known; no question or doubt about what life is in stark reality, uncovered and seen.

Eventually that state does not go away; there is no longer any way one could delude oneself or others as what is experienced is bare bones there are no layers covering it up hiding it making it out to be something it is not... rose colored glasses off life left in it's bare essence uncontrived and real arising each moment with full and pure purpose when doing whatever one may do. Not formulating or calculating or trying to be cause for what arises and passes; just accepting what is there and arising as it is without judging any of it as that of course will not change it in reality only perpetuate the held notion of it as the unreality that we have made it out to be.

Sun still suns, regardless of what we think about it... I could say 12123.3332* 232 equals the sun and what makes the sun sun I could call the sun kitty kitty pow pow and it won't make any difference... the sun still suns and has sunned and will continue to sun until it is no more... regardless of anything that was, is or ever will be... that you or I, we or anyone that has existed or will ever exist... could ever say or invent, create or believe about the sun.

All of everything is exacly the same way; when the ego dies that attempts to grasp or make what simply is, something else.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The moon is hauntingly beautiful tonight...Atleast from where i'm standing. I won't be able to post a picture, though.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Is known as the "Wolf moon"

According to the Farmer's Almanac it is known as such because hungry wolves would howl outside Indian villages because it was cold and the snow too deep to hunt.

Old Famer's Almanac - Full Moon for January 2017.

And yeah, it has been pretty bright the last couple of days!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thank you for that, Teot...The "wolf moon".

It's good to see you around here, you've been absent.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thank you for that, Teot...The "wolf moon".

It's good to see you around here, you've been absent.

I hate it when my brother does that..

He could at least call...

hahahaha

edit on 11-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
WoOooOOOoo Zombie Moon Beaver is going to get you!! He's going to make you poop Lincoln logs!!! WooOoOOo

That image from the link Teot provided is just too funny; it being meant to be serious makes it even more preposterous giving me fits of giggles.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I don't get it?

WHat's so funny.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Welp im gonna go make some dinner and watch some anime.

If anyone is into that sort of thing... this is the current one I am going through: myanimelist.net...

nite space fans!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

oh ME! ME! *raises hand*

I like anything from Rumiko Takahashi... My favorite is called "Maison Ikkoku", it is retro. It's a sappy love story abou the lives of various residents of a boarder house and all of their shenanigans. It is a comedy/romance.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

I don't get it?

WHat's so funny.

TEOT is my brother.. See my user title under my name?

I was joking because we've never called each other, but he is my brother..

thas all..

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

scardead.files.wordpress.com...
yeahhh I'm slow...x.x

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

And I miss TEOT..

He has been slightly absent lately.

Everybody in this thread is awesome.

2017 is going to be a good year.

I love you guys.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
I was not talking about inventing "sex" but sex.. So this article is closer to me showing you what I meant but whatever. I am looking for which single celled dude invented it...

Yes, I knew what you were talking about, but the words that we choose to frame our expression are significant, don't you think? In forging understanding, particularly.

I don't have to be human oriented in my thought patterns. and I don't view fighting over females a problem. That's an advanced form of sex superior to previous forms. And see humans got so goofy with it you don't even have to be strong or hot to mate you just have to have something that's valued by society which means we are in control of evolution now if you think about it.

I think that there is something fundamentally lacking in the predatory higher mammals that comes from female display rather than male. The so-called lower orders, I think, have a much better idea of the division of energy involved in the reproductive process. We humans, especially, have seemingly become so effective at impersonating predators, and using tools to fabricate our position at the top of the food chain, that we have forgotten the basic fundmentals of successful courtship that determined our success in the first place.

And like maybe you think because I said mother earth that it is a woman like a human with thoughts like a human goddess thing but as the earth?
Because that's not what I'm talking about.. Same when I say god it's not some sort of human like entity.. So the qualities like love that I ascribe to these "beings" is not human love.. I don't mean it like that.. But if you ever get a chance to talk to some plants.. Their version of talking is like love and it's a very yummy version of it. Maybe you'd call it "gratefullness" or something like that.. mmmm..

I can only follow according your ability to effectively describe the route to me whereby we can reach understanding. I respect your belief and comprehend that they are based upon experiences both internal and external (as well as a combination of the two). Not everyones experience of the "maternal" is as "yummy" as yours, for example, so such language can create boundaries that you are unable to perceive. I am not criticising you or your beliefs, just highlighting the limitations that language can place, and suggesting ways in which we can clarify preassumptions.

What's the simplest way to say it?
If human's and Earth are similar it's because humans are like the Earth not because the Earth is like humans.
You guys are all way more natural than you think you are.
I laugh that people think people are like something different from everything else.

That and we're all made from the same stuff. Earth can exist without us, we can't (entirely) exist without it, yet. I certainly agree if you are implying we should stop pissing on our own strawberries, and not take for granted that which sustains us.

it's just a psychology thing I can see from you guys, rather than a problem with the words I'm using.

From my perspective it is the choice of words as well.

Conversations like these are pushing me closer to "jumping back into the woo headfirst" so we are making progress here in atleast that way.
I just know I have a bitchslapping waiting for me again.. So I'm reluctant to try again. But I have to face it one of these days or before I know it my time will be up. Oh I pissed her off alright.

I look on it as an exchange, with what may be a question but I am not overly concerned with it, so the work I am putting in now, building upon what I learned last time...when the time comes, it's going to be a hell of a ride and I need to be in a space where I can accomplish the most. It's always close though. Synchronicties are teasing me madly at the moment, and I sooooo want to play...but responsibilities must come first, and happily so. There is time enough for woo as well as whoopee.

I was raised inside of the spaceship with no ceiling called earth.. Flying through infinity around a giant ball of fire thats rays give the possibility of life.. What am I supposed to think?

Whatever gets you through the night

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Are you familiar with the story "in a Grove"?

"In a Grove" (藪の中 Yabu no Naka?) is a short story by Ryūnosuke Akutagawa; it first appeared in the January 1922 edition of the Japanese literature monthly Shinchō. Akira Kurosawa used this story as the basis for the plot of his award-winning movie Rashōmon.

"In a Grove" is an early modernist short story, as well as a blending of the modernist search for identity with themes from historic Japanese literature, and as such is perhaps the iconic work of Akutagawa's career. It presents three varying accounts of the murder of a samurai, Kanazawa no Takehiro, whose corpse has been found in a bamboo forest near Kyoto. Each section simultaneously clarifies and obfuscates what the reader knows about the murder, eventually creating a complex and contradictory vision of events that brings into question humanity's ability or willingness to perceive and transmit objective truth.

en.wikipedia.org...

The door isn't narrow, our minds are.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Anaana because: a not the

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
So..Has anyone ever thought the "share this topic" tab was a little, um. Too much power?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Familiar with the trope as it's the basis for virtually all: "Who done it" crime thrillers and mysteries. But that story itself no...

Of course when someone encounters anything... they are gong to drag all their previous with them whether beneficial or not to the circumstance of the moment in which it is arising. Otherwise it is simply a distraction and burden to everything required right then and right there... the new sights, sounds, smells, tastes or all of contact occuring. Of course, like all good stories... the unexpected or unusual appears; dun! dun! dun! we are faced with something a dilemma about how to proceed forward. Of course many immediately disturb the scene that mirrors their own disturbance... as such typically goes; and then have left so much physical evidence... they either panic and run away, or go get the authorities and either way are left as a suspect, yet the one having the scatter brains to disturb and then run... picked up the residual energy of what caused the occurance to begin with as a channel. So when that person is questioned? Their actions of what they did, or felt becomes very important to see into the scene before it was stumbled upon...

A fresh mind huh? Of course those familiar with such things in a line of work; are not going to have such a reaction carrying a different sort of burden.

I personally would just walk through it; I have no interest in being set up by the unexpected for some sort of dilemma to be tested or measured in how I would react... of course it would be surprise oh a dead body; you dont see those everyday, same as oh look a yellow throated warbler, and then continue on my way... nature happened in both instances and well not getting wrapped up in any more of the natural drama than need or want to be is also a choice...

AKA Stay on the wide path of what was already occuring; crashing through the bamboo paths into the drama in the way of the one expected? Not my problem except the extra steps to walk around or step over it... as however many already had the timeline of the walking through before the body makes no difference when one is there... rock or dead body, navigating as if it were the same thing... in essence? It is so why not treat it as such? Emotional attachment to a corpse? Rediculous... emptional attachment to the energy that animated the corpse prior to being one? That person only existed in ones mind or experience that they thought, felt or believed them to be and not who or what that person actually was... so just as rediculous.

Unless one wants to be Norman Bates? Better to have sentiment towards objects than corpses... not attached to either? No different than anything else in all that is... left to each individual experiencer to choose their own significance... and back to the same scene that set this post up to begin with eh? Whether oneself is the corpse you stepped around makes little difference as life goes... best to leave the experience where you were first surpised by it... and continue on without it.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Have no idea what you are referring to... however, as far as Rumiko Takahashi goes? Nice to see the face behind Inuasha... I am the sort that enjoys a show or movie and leave the people responsible for it alone... so they can make more and do as their job requires. So many people acting their way through life; might as well be the extra that could careless about all that is going on otherwise known as acting natural even though it is not acting at all and just being...

A fan of anime and other peoples creations... or else I would go sit in the woods until I became part of the landscape no different than the woods... at least until someone came along and discovered the corpse... and then they get into Anaana's senario above... but digging deeper leaves me even less time to create things artistically myself; that does not cease any of the respect I have for the other creators and those that help bring such to life out there... it only deepens the appreciation knowing how much work and dedication and discipline it requires to do so.

For the board itself? Here's a fun image I found, it sums up pretty much my entire philosophy about life or dwelling in reality itself; and the human drama/dilemma occuring all over it that makes it quite unreal at times for all of those dragging luggage through it:

top topics

<< 287  288  289    291  292  293 >>

join