It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 287
<< 284  285  286    288  289  290 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

no and no..

you are not hijacking the thread.

and no you didn't barge in..

I'd love to see you have more confidence in what you want and what you see.
AND what you say.

this thread is a great place to explore that.

edit on 7-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

aww thank you *hugs*

edit on 7-1-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

*Hugz you back even harder*

thanks mousy.

The main reason I came back to ATS after the hell and almost death I went through was to be around good people and to continue my path of putting myself out there.. Like a campfire in the old days when the shaman told a story and all the kids heard it, instead of CIA indoctrination, and lazy parents..

This thread is THE campfire.

Humans need it desperately, hence the popularity of this site.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Can we have smores?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

Can we have smores?

YES!!!!

I'm out of woo to talk about, so the wooiest thing I can think of to talk about or effect is US.. Human consciousness is the wooiest of the woo.. Some think it's the inventor of the woo.. I doubt that.. I've seen animals full of woo beliefs.. The woo starts much earlier.

I think we can invent extra woo like tulpas... Like imaginations gone awry.. But I also think the first woo predates humans by a long long long time..

And I'm always looking for it,

but it's weird..

the more I look for "it"

the more I see myself..

as if I AM the woo..

not I my ego...............
edit on 7-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Okay I'm going to bed now. Goodnight
. I know you will rock it at work tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

This video is about alchemy, hermetics, consciousness.

I've listened to the first 30 minutes and I have already come across some concepts I use that I know are not common.

One of them is something like this.

I am sometimes psychic, sometimes psychic to the point I can hear your thoughts audible like words. It's only when people are wanting me in an asking way.

that's the set up.

Now how would you guys explain this. it 100% happens and it's happened enough in different situations I've removed all other variables.

Now the concept is you would try to explain this as some connection between me and the other person.. You might think of it like a radio wave or something similar. But there is nothing we have ever measured that could carry thoughts over distances like that.

Well...

What if we think of the universe as "inside out" that time and space were created AFTER the other thing.. The other thing doesn't connect all time and space together like spooky action at a distance.. There is NO distance.

Imagine if we made a game and all of us were chess pieces inside the game. whatever makes me psychic is like the dude watching the chess pieces near his hand and deciding his next move.

PArt of us is like a birds eye view over the "battlefield"

it's not because we are "seeing the future" or being "psychic" it's more that space and time are a layer inside the layer of whatever we are.

You could think of everything that's ever happened or will happen taking place on the head of a pin and part of you is holding the pin and looking at it.

The video it's Terrance Mckenna not drug talk this time however.
he sort of explained it like

"the externalization of the human soul and the internalization of the human body."

flip it inside out.

my short quote about this in response to people saying it's all in my head..

"yea it is all in my head, but my head is bigger than the universe"

Sorry if none of that rings any bells. I never know how to articulate this most important idea.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

a point that may help the above post tread some water..

Thinking and imagining are not the same thing.

I would like to engage your imagination in exploring the possible concept I put forth. Not your thinking. Imagine and then think.

For me those two things imagination and thinking are almost the same. As I said before I think in videos. It does make a difference.
edit on 9-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Each of the sense spheres beng an empty consciousness with emipheral phenomina of contact passing through those consciousnesses; get interpreted by the mind consciousness; grasped by the mind consciousness relate to them as good, bad, or yet to be determined... then relate the experience of all that was empty and ephimerial as it has long passed, and yet the mind still carries it forward... the best this... the worst that... and then limits any and everything yet to arise based on those previous contacts in memory.

That is simply the ego self; the experiencing self that see's all of that contact as solid, lasting, and unchangible... yet it arose and passed and has already changed, the only thing attempting to keep it the same is the memory; desirious of it, attached to what is no longer existent in the state it was at the time it was grasped r still grasped... gotta keep that 1# comic book in it's sleeve gotta have a valut with armed guards at the vactican library, gotta keep these scuplted rocks from being just rocks.

Concepts, taken as real and important to the human animal... to continuious argue over, live and fight and die over, and then teach or force successive, generations the same thing.

Most of what is grasped and clung to by the over 7 billion of us, is unimportant and not even needed to live. Who cares about those that do not have the luxury to sit on their ass and ponder, when some do not have the time when out trying to secure needs... like food and clean water.

But that doesn't matter because it's the countries fault... right? One conceptual ideology used to make another conceptual ideology go away in cognitive dissonance; and then of course those that also find the REALITY of people starvig to death uncomfortable... and then use conceptual thought or UNREALITY to ignore it, make excuses or it, blame someone somewhere even the person starving to death... hey go crawl to a river and fish. Ignore all those trying to kill you on the way, and the polluted river or diseased fish once you get there.

We can tackle such things in reality; but we choose what is easy and comfortable using unreality as a support for mantaining whatever idea or concept; that keeps us at that level of ease or comfort or even makes it better... but the thought of doing that for another? The horror... the horror...

Notice Reverbs that I said all of the sense consciousnesses that percieve a sense on contact... were coming into contact with empty emipheral phenomina... the contact itself is REALITY, the thoughts, feelings and concepts about what one of the sense consciousnesses come into contact with? UNREALITY.

Conspiracy? The agreement of all that is not real, that is not arising then and there in that moment in unreality... as that is attachment a reflection of one's baggage, attached to impermanent moments that have come and gone with names and labels for them... so we can either smile in acceptance or recoil in horror on thought alone.

All things change; the experiences held? Not solid, not permanent, variable... even sitting wherever one may be reading this... an infinite stream of particles attaching and detaching in various states of attachment or detachment giving rise to the apparent solidity or space percieved at that moment.

Attached to sound recognition, then there will be recognition... otherwise it is just a sound... but it's a friend or relatives voice. Do you think or read in the voice with which you speak? Have you ever recorded your voice or mimicked the voice or sound of something else?

Middle C today tomorrow a billion years from now... as long as the concept of Middle C exists, all of that can be intonated and mimicked even without it we can do it in impressions and birds can too... of course, voice within? Not the same when spoken... so who do you think is speaking or calling to you Reverbs?

How about when thought itself finally dies from practice? Perception is still there... so of course; things will arise and pass in perception, if the mind hitches a post to the perception then it has been ensnared and trapped; no longer free.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Quantum entanglement is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which the quantum states of two or more objects have to be described with reference to each other, even though the individual objects may be spatially separated.

Quantum Entanglement...Any description that I come up with will probably do in injustice.

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

McKenna really was a wonderful man. So smart.
But I believe you're taking this maybe one or two steps too far, based on your experience. You have to at least compare it to "the average". And there telepathy, psychic experience are far far out. Which is not me saying there is nothing to it, ha gawd no... but we as a collective abandoned these kind of practices almost a few thousand years ago.
The descendants and heirs of the monotheistic desert folks build their entire religion around demonising and exterminating the connection to this "consciousness cloud which talks back".
And we did pretty well without it. Haha just kidding, well true, if you ignore the fact that all the "great minds" had at least a leg in alchemy and would all be labeled "crazy" in our times. Not just Tesla. Newton comes to mind. Others.
And what are our big advances? iPhone? The crawling back into the lab of our mother spirit through technology?
Did you know there aren't really studies but it's not just me who feels the reports of "voices/long-short distance telepathy" increases with the amount of waves we send out and surround ourselves with? And yes we can't pin down the exact types of these waves, but then again nobody knows exactly how our brain functions either and that might very well be a discovery not so far ahead. I mean some sort of identifying the background noise leads up to a whole new type of radiation of a unheard of type of currence.

....where was I going with this? Ahem, sorry I had a point, when I started. But I guess it's not time to share it yet.

Just out of curiosity: how do you handle being special? Curse or blessing? Does it "enhance/enable" you in anyway, or is more of a handicap?
edit on 9-1-2017 by Peeple because: Add

Oh wait I remembered: modern psychology in an effort to be taken seriously by the hard sciences really is the greatest threat for human sanity. Was part of what I wanted to say.

edit on 9-1-2017 by Peeple because: 2.add

I mean just think about it the "science" dealing with the non material part of the dualistic human experience is entirely focusing on the material. EEG and what not are not really having anything to do whatsoever with what we "feel", dream, think, imagine... If it weren't such a serious substantial and possibly fatal error it would be hysterical.

edit on 9-1-2017 by Peeple because: 3.add

Oh and what in my opinion the most important part is: even if your mind is more connected to the other, the realm of pure information/consciousness, you still just scratch the surface and are not one with it or a real part of it.

edit on 9-1-2017 by Peeple because: 4.add...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Huh?

I don't mean to hear peoples thoughts or to see the future or whatever.. It's not something that feels like anything weird. I would think it happens to more people than notice it. But I could be very wrong about that.

IT doesn't feel like anything. The only thing about it is that I avoid talking about it. The very first thing that comes of it is "why do you think you are special" as if that's my endgame. So I rather not say it.

I'm just sensitive to energy.. I dunno. I'm sensitive in all ways. a little tingle on my hand if I don't decrease the sensation it will screw into me like a drill and then it can light my whole body into itchiness. So thta has taught me how to stop my over sensitive nerves and energy things from connecting to each other and going overboard.

Alcohol is not like some random drug I tried and got hooked. As soon as I felt it's effects the first time I knew what I was doing.

helps keep the woo at bay.

Besides everyone in my family except my dad, so everyone in my family who is native american has these same psychic things and dreams of the future and all of that. I don't really find it weird.

Why should I care about it?

BUT I will use it as data to figure out the physics of the universe.

I have noticed every girl I've been attracted to has been more psychic than me as far as picking things up mentally, but I havn't met anyone who actually hears peoples thoughts like I do. I literally hear it like it's being spoken out loud.. The sound comes from them.. So I turn to them to answer and maybe they are looking down at their phone.. And I'm just like what in the world?

If I do have kids, I won't tell them these things, just like my mom didn't tell me. BUT when they come to me I'm not going to tell them it's a bad dream. I'm not going to tell them it's impossible. I know it's not.

but as my dad who was almost PHD psychologist would say.. "there is no such thing as normal."

I agree with him.. There is no normal..
and so why would I be special? Maybe in a particular girls eyes I would like to be viewed that way, but other than that I am just one version of weird. We are ALL weird.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

AND very important while my family is predisposed to this..

What I did whatever happened. The WOO started THAT day. I shot the energy up my spine I became golden liquid love oil..

that made me psychic.. that made me have the dejavu movies..

David Icke tells a story of what started him on his path. It's like he copied my story. Or I copied his.. Almost identical.

And I won't stop telling people....

MEDITATE.

if you dare..

In all honesty my little brother has way stronger potential. If he explored it even a little he would pass me. It's his life. He doesn't shy away from talking about it. but I sense in him a need to have a "normal" life, so I help him in those areas instead. He jsut got his license for his car he bought. He's going back to school.. MY journies have strengthened one main part of me. That's my heart. I help people build things for themselves. I'm proud of him.

If he wants the weird stuff later on and he comes to me I can help him there too. I let people do there own thing and I learned that in a devastating way. Someone was shown 9/11 videos that I used to keep on hand, and I sort of broke their reality.. So as far as that goes, you have to ask. for anything.. I can't ever make that mistake again.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

you mentioned using one's imagination which is a tool I use to escape reality and go to more interesting places

btw I got most of ur references or suggestion idk what to call it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I cant imagine a better mentor for him

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

you mentioned using one's imagination which is a tool I use to escape reality and go to more interesting places

btw I got most of ur references or suggestion idk what to call it.

I want people to engage their imagination before a debate. Before you agree or disagree, I want people to imagine what's being talked about. Turn it into a movie.. Turn what Obama says into a movie, and play the movie past what he says.. And THEN decide what you think about that movie.

This will bypass programmed Pavlov responses to stimuli.

I think all of the crazy intelligent people understand imagination as the greatest tool ever invented..
I was doing imagination experiments in my head well before I ever knew Einstein did it too..
I called it day dreaming.. MY mom was an epic daydreamer..

People are not imagining anything anymore.. This is a way of making mental models to predict outcomes and decide if it's a good idea or not..

People are too easily told what to think and the Pavlov part speaks up and done and done..

NO.

Make yourself your own self.

You answer to no one.

that should be your first programming you reprogram..

You Answer to no one.

And when I say you, I mean anyone reading this..

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Wtf? You didn't just turn this in a race thing, did you? Well if your people were so great and all telepathic why did you take the worthless trumpery and smallpox blankets?

And it's quite the oxymoron to tell people not to be told how to think, but they should picture the world like you do. Yeah? You're the one who got it figured out?
I think in words and stories, if motion pictures work for you, fine. But you're stuck on observing the surface for all eternity, if you would want to know my opinion.

And that shows in your "inside out what if" too. Without your body you're not you. Therefore it is not your "head" which is bigger than the universe, that's just your ego. The key word in this hermetic approach was: dissolving.
That kind of implies splitting up the observer too and not just imagine fancy big boom explosions...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Imagination; is a treasure trove of creativity... I hope you are not letting it go to waste by letting it just dissipate into the aether. It can be transformed; into a life of fulfillment, instead of one of escape by allowing it to manifest into reality when channeled into some medium of form.

You've mentioned before being hungry for such a thing... hopefully your environment allows such a thing; or you take a bold step and make it that way, regardless of anything or anyone else protesting it. Do it for YOU and let it be gift it to the world without attachment to it... whatever you channel that pure energy and emotion into? Will become a part of you but no longer attached, sort of like a living entity existing on it's own merit. Such a thing eventually becomes very valuable... it starts giving and producing a living back in thanks for the life that you've breathed into it.

Some people; just copy others... but lke those not at one with their instrument; playing Beethoven? They will always just mimick the tune and not own it. Experiment and find the medium(s) that your voice of expression naturally slides right on out of you and embodies. The more you like a medium the easier it becomes. I have been told I am a good artist; however, if I did watercolor? Good would be extremely debatable... so be sure to explore, something will just click, and that will only continue to encourage and expand your voice and self expression, eventually branching out into other mediums.

Yes; it is an embodiment and a psychic connection, between yourself and your creation... that's why whatever you place that into or onto is called a "medium"... so finding a good medium to express it? Just means tuning it to a good channel. That way, it becomes an outlet or faucet that just flows when you turn it on. I suggest whatever medium that has a beckoning or calls to you each time you think of it or experience it in sight and or even sound.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Yes, well t here are distractions in my immediate environment that makes it hard for me to concentrate, but if I focuse hard enough I can place my consciousness in another location and " be THERE" ...With my body vacant waiting for me to return into it. It's not the same thing as an Out Of body Experience...It's more like "opening up my 3rd eye" and creating realistic visions. Sort of like lucid dreaming, but it's more of an "in between" state.

I once considered taking up the art of sculpting by the way. I'm very interested in landscaping as a creative outlet also.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Your last few posts honestly sounded as just statements... disembodied; just matter of fact, with no feeling in them almost fatalistic.

Are just sort of drifting along waiting for something to happen; instead of making something happen... if you're content, however?

Don't mind me... I understand the lot one can be dealt; and in such a place impermanence will bring about whatever change on it's own time, unless one is resigned to it and makes causes to keep it continuing as an effect... or just can't see any other way other than the way it is, and continually self sabatoges.

As for myself... I keep getting up; trying this door, that door, this avenue, that avenue and they keep being locked or blocked... and of course; with each door or avenue I check? I learn something... might not seem to physically get anywhere different except little by little as an expression of creativity, but leaps and bounds in those lessons that shut me out or block me off... it isn't necessarily frustraiting, it's more like this isn't for you... so it isn't going to be allowed to manifest, despite what you try... or others want to happen.

In such a manner; it feels like the future is set in stone... and patience is standing guard; not allowing any foolish rushing, as things worth anything take a lot of time to manifest properly in their own due time fitting for them to arise.

I only say this; because you gave several hypotheticals that have not occured; that could be taken as wishful thinking... or lies one tells oneself as if the future is out there somewhere instead of continuously occuring, no different than the past that is continuously being dragged along for the ride... perhaps you are waiting for someone to dig the spurs in, take the reigns, or crack a whip to give you direction and get you moving?

You mentioned children... if that is something you definitely want in your life and plan for? No better goad for getting oneself and environment ready for such a thing. Trust me on that... so many people unprepared; even if they want children, it of course isn't fair to the children when they arrive for them to finally become a reality and then the parents go: Oh f*%k we need to get our sh!t together... that is way too common place; and why the world is so over populated and filled with fecked up people.

Having grown up in such an environment? I was prepared... not a speck of dust, useless clutter or debris, child locks on the cabinet doors, immaculate landscaping and all the habits required ingrained... cleaning up as the mess is being made... like cleaning the shower while taking one, all mechanicals fixed immediately and on maintenance schedules for reliability, buying necessity and quality staples of food and products that were time tested, waking up early making coffee and breakfast, sweeping the walk way and driveway visually inspecting the cars and defrosting and starting them in winter... making packing lunches, clothes selected and lain out the night before... bills paid before due, thank you letters and cards, sented candles and washed windows, dinner already planned out... movie nights and weekends away and on into work early during the week.

Sounds and was as ideal as it could have been... zero arguments, no hemming hawing or complaining, what needed done was just done. Of course; baby arrived and well going from inside the womb to outside of the womb? woke up the ex-wife from the dream and into reality... like oh sh!t this is it, this is real... this is actually occuring... I can't be a child any more... I have to be responsible and she literally freaked out. Always did what the parents wanted and expected of her and barely lived for herself or what she wanted... felt naughty and rebelious doing what she wanted... and well to feel like a child again? Embraced the naughty and rebelious and I was a single dad even though we were married and there... she was going through the motions and hiding out from myself and our son, going out drnking and partying with the neighbors and well neighbor husband had a friend and here's my divorce papers because shame couldn't look me in the eyes anymore and didn;t want to live with constant guilt...

But aside from all of that; and myself getting aborted? My son landed softly, nearly two solid years of completely stable and then I was gone... he's 18 now and graduated college before he even graduated high school, so already a better man than myself in getting life accomplished... in my own defense I didn't have help; parents were always too busy trying to get their sh!t together... and we were just in the way of all of that unpreparedness and were constantly blamed for them remaning unaccomplished.

That's why I say if you mean for a future with children? Don't wing it and pray for the best... get started now and be finished before then eh? Significant other or not... do it for you and that future, that was hinted at but seemed hollow in any emotional attachment to it manifesting as a possibility that you want... if you actually want it? Don't go through the motions, don't wake up one day... and make someone be a single parent.

new topics

top topics

<< 284  285  286    288  289  290 >>

join