It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 291
<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Every thread has a "share this thread" tab at the top. It is a suggestion for people to post them on pretty much any large social media site you can imagine. It's at the top of the thread, right under the title.

And also I don't normally care about that either, but her style is something that I particularly enjoy. I'm not like that about pretty much anyone else. Except for like Studio Ghibli/ Miyazaki. And Tetsuya Nomura. By the way I can pick up the "spirits" of woods and forests... So I can feel all the history of any old wood that I happen to be in.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Naturopath? The empath of objects as the energy itself is the same animate or not... a very nice thing to be and a natural occurance when empathy for those animate can get to be very difficult; due to all of the held belief, opinions, and concepts clouding them and covering them up... to be an empath one just has to be able to feel the quiet desperation hidden onder the facade. Like spreading the leaves and digging the soil gets to the root of the tree or what is binding it there... of course person or tree is really no different as both as rooted to the same world as a life form on it.

They all have their own personalities and stories just the same; and just the same it is important to be able to hear the story of both without any words required between the two... or elese naturopath and empath wouldn't even exist as concepts to be appreciated in the practice of them.

I have spent the last several years; focused on empathy of the animate... prety much nothing left to be said as pointing to hey we create and sustain our own problems here... and what is seen as a solution is not always a solution just cause for another problem. So beware of the entire chain of logistics in whom and what it can effect... industrialization has taken little to no consideration for the environment that it impacts; except how to get goods or resources from one place to another in the source/supply chain... not the scarring or habitat involved that may get out of balance or destroyed in doing so.

Of course; to be in balance and sustain life? It requires more than that for life to continue... the excuse of oh ima get mine because I'll be long dead by that point it won't matter. Is the single most selfish excuse for continuing on in such mindless self indulgence; and when whole societies start living by the same sort of ideology? We sort of start seeing exactly the world we live in... and have started to become at odds with; where people themselves are now in the way of source/supply and wage war because life does not matter as much as the accumilation of what we all already own on birth... that not sharing however?

Is of course where empathy for those animate doing such things comes into play; that hey... yes you have life... but it isn't all about YOU... that's just a narrow point of view; not the door, that will get us all through it intact when concideration for all life as one is taken into account... life is life in every single last form it occurs in; known and unknown and every single last bit of it? Precious and perfect, great care for such a thing is an imperitive for it to continue on to evolve and improve in it's own natural way... we don't have to be a part from it, we can fully integrate into it as we are never really separate from it to begin with... the only place that occurs? Is living and embracing the ideas, concepts and belief that is unreal... instead of the reality that already is real and existant.

Such a thing, allows us to really appreciate all anyone has ever existed to bring us up to now... only because it isn't too late from all of those thinking and deluded into believing it is all about "them" make it about them and they get uncomfortable, start dancing, making excuses, etc etc... no authenticity in it just self and other agreed cognitive dissonance as an excuse to continue on in whatever it is regardless of how it impacts everything or everyone else... that does not agree with them. Then enters politics and the ideologues battle it out and try to come to some consensus... which usually means the scarifice of a few is more important so that the many can continue.

Sounds great until of course; we see how many species not human, have been wiped away into extinction... from that ideology, from the excuse of "I have given you dominion over all." that makes us all the devil in such a case doesn't it? The inheritors of the earth; trying to fight and conquor the entire world from our own little window of it... and who cares who or what gets trampled in the way of it; when such things are sanctioned? Who sanctioned them? Oh right; the same mob that agreed it was ok to do so in the first place; giving each other license and title to do so.

Anyway... the worlds problems aren't going to wash any dishes. A lot of work and life was put into and sacrificed for them to even be here, allow them to even get washed. So it is a labor of love to do so as respect for all that it took that even allows it to occur. This is what the ego self misses seeing in day to day life... the conditioned arising all of the work and effort that had nothing to do with us; that we put to use, crave and kill each other over senselessly day after day... in non appreciation of the life that brought it to that point. Well I bought it, I paid for it, I worked for it... lol f@^k you... we all have.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I miss being able to hang out as much as I used to! (Hi MousyG and Anaana, bigbroD, Serg, and everybody else!!)

I was out of the office for most of the Holidays and really did enjoy unplugging from it all. I did a bit of U2U when I could but not much posting beyond my threads.

Anyway, new year, new moon. ALL: Beware of beaver Lincoln logs!! lol

I am also transitioning job duties currently so may not be around that much either for the next few weeks.

to reverbs on his new "jack of all trades" back in the kitchen!!

A quick BBC overview of the Brotherhood of Eternal Love that I thought to share. The article is not very keen on Dr. Leary and keeps on saying (“if you say it often enough it is true”) that he thought of himself as a new “Jesus Christ” all the while pointing out how much they borrowed from Eastern religions. Bastids!

I personally cannot believe that it all happened 50 years ago! And this is from an old dude! Am I really that old??!! Oh well. Made it around the sun so far and plan to Keep on Truckin’ (bwwwaaahaaaa!!)

BBCNews.com (US version, under ‘Culture’), Jan 12, 2017 – The T&C-25 Cult that Transformed America.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I don't know about all that...I just know that At times I have been in forests and I have been able to feel all of the people and animals who have passed through. I can feel the histories and the energies resonating throughout tree branches and overgrowth.

I want to admit that I often feel dumbed down in comparison to everyones deep philosophical discourse.

I was on another thread today about enlightenment and those posters seemed to be so advanced in their spirituality that I was just feel ing left out.Irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Well,

Not everyones experience of the "maternal" is as "yummy" as yours, for example, so such language can create boundaries that you are unable to perceive.

IS what I meant by seeing peoples psychology more than a true argument of what is or isn't.
I can't speak on other people's terms. I don't have these same identity battles. I notice especially with intelligent women they often don't like perceived genders especially the "mother" archetype. As if they compare themselves in some way to it.

but like for me it doesn't add or take away from anything.

As far as my language usage it's broad on purpose to open minds. we've gone down some almost irreversible paths in our culture/language, that prevent us from seeing clearly. Language is literally a programming language.

the answer can not be to use language to fit others' bias. I've got to shake things up. I want people who say ancients met aliens and "thought they were gods and angels" to get it it's the same EXACT meaning of saying we thought we were seeing aliens, but really it's "the gods and angels people used to talk about."

I'm not saying those are true statements but just saying.

It seems similar to our language barrier over "mother earth"

And this is what me and Serdgiam keep trying to talk about. None of us have the same language. We don't even have the same concepts of the same language. I am explaining my language each time I notice it being probably different, but you guys have to help me. I'm not a mind reader, 99% of the time.

I sensed your psychology over the term, but I still don't know what you want me to do about it.

My bias is to make things poetic. Sort of put the music back into the mathematical computer brain science has left us with.
It still describes all the same things and same reality, it's just a better version for me. it's alive.
You seem and correct me, but you seem "doctory" almost cold.. But then you balance that with your own woo..
but I almost feel like if I talked about a happy traditional relationship between a man and a woman you would start getting annoyed at the idea of love or something.

that's how you are making me feel. Whether it's true or not, but do tell me..

it's almost as bad as me pissing off everyone around me because I'm too happy.. And they are like life look at how much pain I have!! you are taking away my meaning!! GGRRR...

edit on 12-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

When my son's father died I was determined that I needed to see him before he was cremated. I didn't think that I would be able to rest easy unless I had visual proof that he was really, really dead. In the end, for one reason and another, I wasn't able to and in the end I found I didn't need to. My son, for a while, took to talking to him out loud. I think he was just seeing if that worked for him. It petered off, he's learning instead just to accept the void where his Dad once was. It's been kind of incredible to watch. Children are quite extraordinary in their powers of resilience and sense making. I think the lack of baggage helps.

No attachment to corpses I can assure you, but I do have a strong predilection for detective stories.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
that's how you are making me feel. Whether it's true or not, but do tell me..

it's almost as bad as me pissing off everyone around me because I'm too happy.. And they are like life look at how much pain I have!! you are taking away my meaning!! GGRRR...

You didn't do very well at all I am afraid...but you're very far from pissing me off in any respect. You don't get me, but then I don't think you're trying to.

My Mum's got 'issues' but haven't we all, she was though a good enough Mum to teach me how to be an utterly yummy Mummy.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I want to wish you a happy early,/ or belated Birthday, whichever the case may be.

And please...Stop taking yourself so seriously...For us? Please, just lighten up.

And I hope that you enjoy your Ayahuasca, and please be safe in it's consumption.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I want to admit that I often feel dumbed down in comparison to everyones deep philosophical discourse.

I was on another thread today about enlightenment and those posters seemed to be so advanced in their spirituality that I was just feel ing left out.Irrelevant.

The only ones who are dumb are those that think they have all the answers.

If you have nothing to say, read. If you don't understand, ask. That's what I do.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Thank you, Ana...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

'___' made neither good consumers nor loyal citizens in a time of war.

And there we have it...

Still reading, but that tickled me from the start off.

The novel is a celebration of living in the moment, and, unlike in Brave New World, drugs are a source of enlightenment and compassion rather than pacification.

Hmmm...this is what makes me uneasy about the cannabis legalisation, is it a pacifier? Does it mean we're being fooled into leaning the wrong way?

ETA WHOAH!

The group’s celebrity also inspired one of the strangest films ever made, Rainbow Bridge (1972). It features Jimi Hendrix’s final recorded US performance, given exclusively to the Brotherhood at the top of a volcano in Maui, Hawaii.

Nice

ETA#2 Interesting article I have read most of the stuff from Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters, as well as Tom Wolfe but I don't know all that much about Leary other than as incidental to the Haight-Ashbury set. Learnt new stuff and got offered a few pointers to further study...and I so wouldn't have minded being on that volcano to see Jimi.

Cheers

edit on 12-1-2017 by Anaana because: Jimi

edit on 12-1-2017 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen

I don't know about all that...I just know that At times I have been in forests and I have been able to feel all of the people and animals who have passed through. I can feel the histories and the energies resonating throughout tree branches and overgrowth.

Meh. You already know all you need too; it's pretty well evident by you being able to go into the woods and feel all the energy... of course, walking out of that and into some discussion of those things... is the portal effect from one place to another, a coming and going, a separation of that from one instance to the next... like meditation can only take place on a cushion with insense and candles effigies and all of that other crap... like that feeling in the woods can only take place in the woods... when it is always present... I suggest looking into what is being held onto or surrounds you that impedes the flow of it, cutting you off from it as something that is noticed as always occuring.

Discussion is just that discussion; no need to blow out your candle and sit in the dark thinking someone else's light of whatever it is will somehow re-ignite your own in comparisions... it's always lit always shinning and always glowing with the radiance of who you are, unless we cover it up or blow it out as if it is insignificant... humility is not self effacement as there is no self in it. What you read and comprehend of someone else is a mirror to your own light reflecting in what is experienced... and that experience unique to you. All of those involved in that discussion had a whole different outlook or comprehension of it than the one that was unique to you. Ego says yeah my reflection is great in the eyes of everyone unaware that the only point of view holding onto as an ego is the only one they have or will ever see; and all other facets or points of view are just as valid, just as precious as their own... shedding that self; one becomes like a grand parent watching their grand children play, smiling a glow that reflects all the light seen.

That's the exact reason I have caught myself smiling stupidly so very many times... the beauty and light shinning from everyone even those one may not agree with; because they are so rote or self important it becomes cute in it's own right... but since it is not from true self expression and just an ehco across a canyon not the source? It becomes sad because they have allowed their own light to be covered up and then mistake it as their own; when they are just carrying a banner and labels as truth which is in one of acceptance without question, a disregard for all else without true inquiry that challenges all that was accepted because it just made sense or felt right at the time, building and building a self that really has no self in it at all... and in such a manner there lay the potential because they are already selfless just not aware of it. Hence why it gets referred to as ignorance... of course then it takes what? Even more concepts and dogma to realize that they are doing the exact same damned thing as they were already doing... just swapping out one concept and ideology for another! lol if it sounds insane? I can assure you it is...

So never mind what I or anyone else says or thinks even yourself... and well, you are right back in those woods feeling all of that energy no separate or different from yourself because those feelings are arising from you as they reflect on you... as a transciever for them to express their own nature, which is no different from your own in reality unless blocked or cut off from it.

How many BigBrotherDarknesses are in this thread? As many as there are people that read my posts; as that's the only place I exist and the me that exists to each and everyone? Doesn't nor will acually ever exist any place else... that's reality if someone wants to speak of woo and magic. The same thing is of course universal to all we have or can experience.

While it may sound lovely or neat... I dont expect nor want anyone to believe it or even just rotely understand it. But have direct experience of it... that's the problem with mystics, secret societies, gods, goddesses and all other sorts of woo masters etc. in my opinion... most typically don't want equals in equality or awake and aware in the truth; they want esteem, title, and whatever else they can get because once everyone already knows or has experienced directly what it is they want others to think them special over or significant to set them apart then what good are they?

So ego draws a line narp dont want equals because I want to be wanted I want to be needed and then that becomes the reason or desire behind all they do instead of truth itself... and well since truth itself is why everyone is drawn to such people professing to know in the first place? Then deciet has already taken root and none is to be found from them in the slightest... except a mirror to one of the pitfalls to avoid, if one finds themself in such a position themself... self deluding in deciet and then end up decieving others, as a result or karmic inheritence. This takes place in many forms as a truth or trope, a framework unreality hangs on to cover up reality... so it isn't just religated to teacher/student roles... any one where ideation of classism or hierchy can be found instead of one of equanimity.

That exact thing is why you felt dwarfed, in that discussion... it's that exact thing that takes place in roles of expectation, taught or programmed in society a limitation not an avenue for growth and understanding... all life no matter the vehicle in which it is expressed is and always will be equal; no matter what any concept, philosophy, belief nor anything else says about it same as the sun still sunning.

There's nothing special or significant about me, the special or significant is all around to be free enough to let it flow through the same as when you are in the woods? Is what humbles until equanimity in no matter what arises or passes becomes the support. Embracing impermance makes impermance embrace you back... it being the only permanent thing? Embracing it is a good idea; and one that is older than language itself.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Wow, brother!! You sound like you have lived a thousand lives...

The way you speak, it's like... you can relate to all things and all problems
You got exactly what I was trying to say.

You were able to dig deaper into my sub conscience than I was even able to do myself. I'm in awe.

It's like some people who spout wisdom, have a sense of self aggrandizement (and I'm not talking about anyone in here just to be clear)
edit on 12-1-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

You didn't do very well at all I am afraid...but you're very far from pissing me off in any respect. You don't get me, but then I don't think you're trying to.

My Mum's got 'issues' but haven't we all, she was though a good enough Mum to teach me how to be an utterly yummy Mummy.

well, at least im not pissing you off so that's good. I'm not really trying to get anyone because I used to do that to an extreme in my youth living totally in my head judging everything. Mostly I think my stubborn is showing and I don't really think like other people..

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

When my son's father died I was determined that I needed to see him before he was cremated. I didn't think that I would be able to rest easy unless I had visual proof that he was really, really dead. In the end, for one reason and another, I wasn't able to and in the end I found I didn't need to. My son, for a while, took to talking to him out loud. I think he was just seeing if that worked for him. It petered off, he's learning instead just to accept the void where his Dad once was. It's been kind of incredible to watch. Children are quite extraordinary in their powers of resilience and sense making. I think the lack of baggage helps.

No attachment to corpses I can assure you, but I do have a strong predilection for detective stories.

I can understand the need or desire you felt; one to help cement it into reality... even though the eyes and ears can decieve the more senses there to bear witness the more real whatever the phenomina occuring is going to seem as a reality... kinda like Jehovah witnesses always coming in pairs. If there was any doubt? Good to have an alibi or conspirator to corroborate... honestly; that is likely way more hillarious than it should be especially where science etc. is involved as well... at least as far as relativity goes aka Einsteins secret weapon to all the conceptual constructs he stood against as unfailable or unalterable truths made out to be laws go. Kinda like if everyone was born with the knowledge that we could fly; and no one knew or thought different then we likely could... but since there is that conspiracy accepted that we can't without the aid of engines or dreaming? wah wah wah goes the fail horn from that programming bug so deeply embedded that it even makes those high on lsd hit the dirt. Of course, that's one reality as Scrodingers cat digs them out of the one where they hit the dirt in a super or sub positional state where they actually did and only ceased to exist in the unreality reality that deems it an impossibility.

Well, energy it cannot be created or destroyed just change form; while peoples energy is released... there is residual energy and of course the mind tuning into that wave length or band of energy that we felt or feel when someone was or is around... channels that essence or energy and it is like they are still around; of course they existed in the mind as contact... sight, sound, and on the intimate level; smell, taste and touch. This is why memories can be triggered of someone from smells, tastes of foods, sounds of music, etc that we know of them or shared with them... so in a sense they never really go away, unless all of those things cease to be identified with them and one ceases recall of them.

When Nietzsche declared god is dead; he meant it in a personal way; and said it to impact those hearing it likely to lead them to the same realization... like George Carlin saying he found praying to Joe Pesci or a gallon of milk had the same if not a better result. He just meant; that the concept of god no longer had an effect on his life; to rule his choices or concepts in or as a reason for being... dead in effect as a cause. Of course still discussing god as a concept? Unavoidable in debate and exposure to topics of philosophy and life... someone is always be holding a shovel... look what corpse I just brought to the party.

I think the concept that attaches gender to the energy that supports all matter is likely the biggest slap in the face we could possibly deal as a group towards the equality of life itself. As it is a set up and excuse for all the duality and division... as if all life does not harness both creative and destructive power. Even a tree can bear fruit producing yet another tree in the world and fall on a house.

As voids go? It sounds like your son helped you fill that void as much as you helped him overcome the void himself... seeing his creativity and coping with it. A devorce can feel much the same way; but almost like a kidnapping because you know they are alive and well out there somewhere otherwise you would hear otherwise. I'm not sure why it took me so long to let go and grieve it as if it were a death; because it truely was... lol mine; likely why I wasn;t aware of dragging the corpse around; or truely being open to grow something else, until slapped in the face with hey, it could happen and maybe not turn out as a murder like the last or suicide for the current...

of course, being 44? I don't think I have it in me to be a catalyst for a new life to occur from the ground up anymore... not like I wouldn't fully embrace the hell out of it best I could if it occured... but other than a grandpa active or not in a grandchilds life? Children produced by myself; is not something crossing the mind(so pissed but glad someone I deemed worthy; forced me to examine it closely as a possibility; deeming me worthy... with her even if it really wasn't ever a possibility).

My son is 18 so the possibility for him more than myself grows daily. LOL

I wished him a happy birthday; didn't hear anything back nor when mine rolled around after... so, if I am written off or out of his life right now or even for good? That's ok too... already has been legally that way for a long time. Lots of people; I used to see everyday... could be dead and I wouldn't know it; and in my current frame of reference or relativity in day to day occurance? Doesn't even matter if they are... weird how that works, the many past lives that can be seen from simply living one... from one coccoon into another, rinse repeat, shedding and shedding growing and growing.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

lol the void is a hole... no need to keep digging once in it, there's enough dirt outside of it as is.

The dirt obviously being everything not the void. I am glad pointing at the dirt that is not Miss Mouse; allowed Miss Mouse to say hey! That is enough f*&^king dirt what the hell am I doing? That's all pointing does. In all honesty it can take 1000s or even countless lives to realize that's enough f&^*king dirt; fortunately all anyone needs is one.

edit on 12-1-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I get you......Does that count.....

cdn.meme.am...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

haha mousey

everything counts.

I think I get you too.

loving your new avatars and backgrounds.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Hee...Ive been experimenting

I think I'm going to have to punish my keyboard for being unresponsive.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

yes you must. Unresponsive KEY boards are like a rusty key that can't open a locked heart!
or a new piece of art of human understanding.
and look where we are standing...
in the audience of good people.

Loving it.

I'm listening to joe rogan podcast. A guy on talking about culture. It's VERY on point with my not so great attempts on this site depending on who you ask, about changing models in human brains.

3 hours, it's quite interesting if anyone decides to listen and watch. Another version of my "campfire"
it's science heavy and talking about how culture works.
I call culture mind control, but my term mind control has a VERY broad definition, including things like the color of your room.
It's the main focus I have now in discussions with other people.

quote from the show..

"science changes at the speed of funerals" or something to that effect ~max planck

I'm trying to speed that up.

I went from a need to destroy those controlling the path, to trying to give people on the path more freedom to change courses on their own accord.

top topics

<< 288  289  290    292  293  294 >>

join