It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear
Agreed as to "seeing a difference" as I do not, ultimately, either. That was what I was attempting to convey with the quotes around "simulation"

I guess my main point was that any "ultimate" universe... or omega set, would be "different" than the place/laws of physics we find ourselves "in," imvho.

And also to chime in that any final descriptors of any reality we experience (or "god') can only be described by what it is not... in our present data processing form, anyway... a main Sanskrit point that resonated.

Good to read you again, btw.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Thanks..

I'm suddenly having issues with health and employment, and I have
a lovely young wife to put through nursing school.. so.. real life
has been distracting me from writing.. I'm hoping for another
zone of stability so that I can continue writing..

(BTW, sent you a PM)

Kev
edit on 24-4-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If i were able (or perhaps, simply more sure I could) then I would hit you with the "independent wealth and robust health wand" ... even before waving it over myself... alas, perhaps the behind-curtain dwellers are attempting, in their roundabout yet effective way, to discourage you... as I'm sure you have considered... being equally "off."

edit on 4/24/2016 by Baddogma because: akward phrasing corrected.. for once

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

If i were able (or perhaps, simply more sure I could) then I would hit you with the "independent health and wealth wand" ... even before waving it over myself... alas, perhaps the behind-curtain dwellers are attempting, in their roundabout yet effective way, to discourage you... as I'm sure you have considered... being equally "off."

Naw.

I consider myself fairly loved and protected.

Everything in it's proper time and place.

Maybe just my feeble flailing around, attempting to open the minds of a few
misfits here and there is the sum totality of what I'm to accomplish.

I'm hoping that far greater men and women will stand on my shoulders and
keep searching/not searching and do far better than I have.

Kev

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Well I consider myself to be "loved and protected" by the unseen, too, and know I shall remain that way... until I'm not!

Liminal indeed.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Well I consider myself to be "loved and protected" by the unseen, too, and know I shall remain that way... until I'm not!

Liminal indeed.

Well the Universe designed us to die.

It's not TOO weepy about us.

That should be kept in mind!

Kev

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: Anaana

I watch you incorrectly psychoanalyze person after person as part of many of your replies.
It's your right to do that, but it's also my right not participate when you do.
Just an FYI.

I have no recollection of having any interest in doing any such thing. Are you sure it is me you're thinking of?

Hmmm? What would constitute "psychoanalysis"? I'm kind of curious now.

FYI In future, it would be far less confusing if you just called me out at the time when I post something you want to make comment on rather than raising it at random, out of context, in this way.

You are doing it again... you can't stop yourself.

Well I was going for barely concealed, amused derision, but that's okay. To clarify, as thrilling as it may have been for you to meet your hero, and I can appreciate you want to tell that story, but you made no point relevant to the one I was making. Now, if you're offering to encourage your hero to pop along here and join the discussion, or perhaps you could write me a formal letter of introductions so I can address my point to the grinder of the organ that I am interested in, or at the very least you have a transcript or recording of this meeting where he discusses the point I was making. Otherwise, nice story...but any point was completely absent.

I am sure that you could have addressed your story to anyone here in this thread and I am sure they would have absolutely loved it, but me, it was wasted on.

This is a
sign I want to like you.

That is completely unnecessary, but thank you all the same.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Anaana

to make a good wish, seems to be an art form.

Yes. I have to completely agree with you on that.

If you would have just one, which would it be?

Ah well, about seven years ago I was asked the same thing and I replied to be a good mother. Still very much in the process of being and living that and it is all and more than I wished for. I don't need anything more for myself. What else I therefore wish for falls under the ear of corn reaped in silence.

Not to be taken seriously, I do have the odd frivolous wish, those I say out loud in other's hearing. No art involved in realising those, though I think there is a certain art in the required constraint.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I watch you incorrectly psychoanalyze person after person as part of many of your replies.
It's your right to do that, but it's also my right not participate when you do.
Just an FYI.

I have no recollection of having any interest in doing any such thing. Are you sure it is me you're thinking of?

Hmmm? What would constitute "psychoanalysis"? I'm kind of curious now.

FYI In future, it would be far less confusing if you just called me out at the time when I post something you want to make comment on rather than raising it at random, out of context, in this way.

You are doing it again... you can't stop yourself.

Well I was going for barely concealed, amused derision, but that's okay. To clarify, as thrilling as it may have been for you to meet your hero, and I can appreciate you want to tell that story, but you made no point relevant to the one I was making. Now, if you're offering to encourage your hero to pop along here and join the discussion, or perhaps you could write me a formal letter of introductions so I can address my point to the grinder of the organ that I am interested in, or at the very least you have a transcript or recording of this meeting where he discusses the point I was making. Otherwise, nice story...but any point was completely absent.

I am sure that you could have addressed your story to anyone here in this thread and I am sure they would have absolutely loved it, but me, it was wasted on.

This is a
sign I want to like you.

That is completely unnecessary, but thank you all the same.

You are not the easiest person with whom to communicate! You come across
like a cranky old man, waving a shotgun at kids to get off his lawn!

As you wish.. I will avoid responding to you then, and when you feel like
aiming your psychological pearls of wisdom at me, I will simply ignore
the incorrect words.

I truly can't dislike you.. you remind me of myself on my bad days.

(LOL!)

Kev

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well.. update on my humble little essay that was published. The author who included it
in his book may be doing an AMA with us. Then I can stop being mysterious about it.

As I said, you guys have had to endure me droning on about it for a long time, and know
more about my view than is published in the book.

But still, as a "failed shaman" and "failed author", it's kinda neat.

As I've said before, if even 10% of the thesis is correct, and someone hears about it and
advances the research, then I will be pleased. I would then have accomplished the
minimum I have promised (I promised my 10th Grade teacher that i would get something
published) and to myself of course, that I've at least tried to make a contribution.

Kev

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Yeahi! You added a stone to our pyramid! Now you reached immortality!

And I lately love AMAs, we should have more of them.
What are you thinking about Icke?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yeahi! You added a stone to our pyramid! Now you reached immortality!

And I lately love AMAs, we should have more of them.
What are you thinking about Icke?

Well like most creative thinkers he seems pretty full of himself. But he has helped popularize conspiracy theories (weird ones) so that might have some value.

Honestly I don't think he knows much...but the same could be said of any of us.

I'll bring my popcorn...but I have nothing to ask him.

Kev

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I know what you mean, I still can't think of anything to ask.
The problem is they are all a bit much salesman. How serious can I take what he says, when I know, he's doing it for money?
I tried to listen to a radio show with David Sereda and at the end of each "chapter" he promoted one of his "gadgets". Which is a shame, because he has some nice ideas.
Hidden behind trash, personal bias and projection, as almost always with every one of them.
But I guess the further out there the more polarisation potential.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well.. update on my humble little essay that was published. The author who included it in his book may be doing an AMA with us. Then I can stop being mysterious about it.

Yay! That's great news.

Can't wait to read it. What if he doesn't do an AMA - will you let us know which book it is later?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Sure.

But the author and an ATS owner are both apparently sympatico so looks like a good
Chance it may happen after Mr. Icke.

The author in question has written over 100 supernatural and UFO type books so the author would be a very interesting guest in my pov.

But like I said...you've heard far more here than my humble essay in his book.

But it is pretty fun!

There's also another famous author I'm getting to know...I might ask her if she wants to AMA too...she invited me to meet for collaboration...but our schedules didn't work. Maybe another time.

Maybe if I keep throwing up dust I can go back to being lazy....sounds nice.

Kev

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You can be lazy when you're dead, right now you're in the living world.

Great news about the book and about the mystery AMA bloke - it is great fun, and that's what life should be about!

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I captured the bee and let her go... but couldn't help noting, again, the sting Melissa can bring with her honey.

Why is everything so darned 'dualistic' around these parts?

Why not?

That wasn't even funny, apologies. Had to.

Is it just me or is there a sense of duality emerging in this thread, in terms of wellness and unwellness? I'm starting to think that when you chuck out the Gods and the weather stories and the military endeavours what dregs remain fall somewhere in the realms of mental wellness or not. So if it's not 'fairies' (or whatever term) it's mental ill health. We rattle between the two terms without middle ground.
I think we all play with these terms from time to time and so probably there is enormous value in redefining mental illness. The terms are old and dusty and if we're honest, we don't really understand it very well. Nobody who is ill is unhuman - therefore mental illness is as much a part of us as mental wellness. I think that humans don't tolerate greyness well; we like black and white, we like certainty.
So, there is an inner and outer world duality and maybe it's where these meet that we'll find answers?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

The trouble with humans is that they seldom, if ever like the "real answer" --- which is why they so seldom find it.

"Duality" is simply the human insistance with throwing tantrums and trying to get ones way.

Nothing more.

Kev

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I read it, loved it and wrote a nearly illegible PM about it... but one point I wanted to emphasize and a possible reconciling between the two seemingly disparate narratives ...i.e. spirits as UFOs vs a breakaway civ.

If the plasma lifeforms piggyback on humans for sentience and imagination, couldn't they get the models for their UFO disguises from actually existing physical machinery? A la rare stop-bys from aliens or (perhaps) an existing "break away" civ?

Take my ruminations/questions as a compliment as I have always said your take explains certain elements in a superior manner... but it doesn't exclude other concurrent fringe phenomena.

Anyway, I'll read the rest of the book, but really liked your chapters. Congrats and keep it coming.

*eta and think of this as my own "tantrum" over the odd verification for astr0's tale... and having the hubris to think I could discern any realness in this liminal realm!

edit on 4/25/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/25/2016 by Baddogma because: typo (or type rh negative)

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Well.. update on my humble little essay that was published.

Congrats

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join