It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Hello, I am very well thank you for asking, just fiendishly busy with work. It's always nice to talk with you however, and I hope life is treating you well.

You might have answered this before, but do you think souls thrive on melodrama? All of these door-knocking, beasty things seem to like carrying on and nonsense.

I *am* taking a next step BTW.. but I'm awfully broken physically at least from my life's effort to do the impossible.

Maybe it's time to take MysticMushroom's advice and just laugh, have fun and enjoy being alive for a while. I'm pretty sure you do that anyway, but we don't play as much as we should sometimes.
How's the book coming on? I hope it's still in the pipeline.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thanks for inquiring.

Actually I goof off TOO MUCH as it is.

I Chase my young wife around a lot...play with the puppies...thoroughly enjoy life...in simple ways...

Souls and melodrama?

If you pinch your butt muscles and carry tension in your belly you will grow a melodramatic soul...

The little symbiotes log jam and gain extra sentience.

There you go...a silly secret of the Universe.

Books in the pipeline...but health and real life issues right now.

Kev
edit on 20-4-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Well I'm hoping your health issue is a transitory thing, I would hate for you to be ill.

You're right about the butt-clenchy, belly folk - you see it in their eyes. The older we get, the more you can see how folk have lived and the thoughts they nurtured by looking in their eyes. Not such a secret, I know, but true.

It would be great to get a symbiote MOT (do you have MOT's over there? Where your car has to pass a number of tests once a year to make sure it's roadworthy? ) for each of us. See which ones were growing, what they were up to, which ones needed squashing etc.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
In my area, the test is for emission of pollutants... luckily only for our vehicles and not brains/vocal chords.

And if someone looks in my eyes for longer than 1/8th of a second, I start sobbing uncontrollably... so what does that say?? Though if you stare into anybody's eyes for several minutes, you fall in love.. .according to some study I recently saw... heh.

Oh, and sorry for jumping in... but figure it's still a free for all!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Don't be sorry, in your own thread.

No, thankfully it's only for cars here, not bloods. That would be a whole different ballgame.

Sobbing uncontrollably.

Sorry for laughing, that is not true! Should I ever bump into you at an ATS convention, I'll stare at you (for proof of that statement). If it's true, fair play to you and I'll back away slowly. Actually, not fair play to you, that would be terrible.

Although I remember reading a similar thing with eye gazing where you'll either start to fall in love or want to punch them in the face. So hmmm, it's a veritable eye-mindfield (eyefield).

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I missed the "punch in the face" portion of the eye gazing axiom, but it sounds legit... so no middle ground, like eye rolling disdain or mild ennui? Heh.

And okay, you got me... maybe not sobbing uncontrollably ALL the time... just on my delicate decades.

An ATS convention would be WEIRD.. .in all senses. I picture most everyone on this sight as beautiful reflections of their amazing minds, and seeing the poundage/warts would likely be a tad sad... I love me my illusions, after all.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No, none. There is, apparently, no middle ground. Not even a 'what are you doing there pal, any chance you could # off?'
Weird, eh? But apparently all true, according to Just 17, or whichever bastion of research I was reading at the time.

Yes, it would be funny to go to one. I wonder if folk could guess who everyone was or would it be more of a 'oh, my Christ - that's you????'

I've got you pegged as a Nick Cave alike and Mr Bear as a Tina-Turner-esque shaman. What's not to love?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

And I just had a beautiful idea, what if the "souls", the parasites collective would interfere with the mind depending on where you come from? Unique personalities, as described in the greek, sumerian, etc gods? Talking with each other as you and I through the internet, but naturally? Both sides unique means an almost infinite amount of possibilities! In matches, what ideas could be formed, which "information gets transported, or survives".
That's the whole point, they want to survive. They are gardening us! But when you want to make something new out of plants, before genetics, you had many crossings with characteristics very different from what you want.
But they ended their "god program" which included talking to us. Now they found out other species didn't. And we evolved to building a-bombs, but stayed very primitive in some parts. We are plants to them, fungi. Our spiritual research is in kindergarten. We fragment without knowing what we are looking for. The reason for spirituality is "feeling connected, save, acknowledged and embedded".
Not what happens when it ends. And who are they, these souls, parasites, gods? Different from us=> another species, very different, so different we got no clue what it is like, almost a different dimension. But connected, overlapping one this layer, we are their souls, they are our souls. And we are too many, we the plants, fungi, kill our host, Earth, the true tree of life. Since the soul didn't give us feedback instead of a few "hackers", back to the gangstalking dolphins etc., or other species "trolling" us.

Sorry I ramble. The question is: do you think our "souls" could have personalities and are part of an ant like society? You know where everyone has a caste, knows his place and is happy there. Ants, not hindus. Very alien ants.
Our spiritual history could be a record of experiments, to regain control. To the rat in the cage time seems endless, but for the tree growing outside the laboratory it's just a second.
I guess I am suggesting plants are like worker bees of the giant queen, parts of one colony which is Earth. Animals also. And we are different. Fungi, is the path we chose.

And please note, this is meant metaphorical, I still have no clues what a soul is.

But where does it lead to? Self realisation. We have the consciousness to make decisions, we can say "okay we are fungi, but we want to live symbiotic. A life style choice".

edit on 21-4-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yes, indeed.

People who accept their symbiotic status become shaman.

To a shaman of course, nothing is 'stand alone'.

Everything is both farming and being farmed.

Waves interacting with each other, not particles bouncing off each other.

Nothing is intended to be permanent.

Kev
edit on 21-4-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I've got you pegged as a Nick Cave alike and Mr Bear as a Tina-Turner-esque shaman. What's not to love?

I just peed myself. A little.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

You want to know how sophisticated my sense of humor is?

In the movie "Scary movie 2" in the first 5 minutes.

They make fun of "the exorcist".

The priests power pukes so hard, it horrifies the demon.

The first time i saw that scene, I was rolling around on the floor, holding
my stomach, as my ribs seemed to be bursting from too much laughter.

That's your sign.

(Being a born redneck, I'm also hooked on "the Blue Collar Comedy Tour".)

Yup. KevinPrettyBear == PureClassiness

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Here's the challenge for "spirituality";

It's all rather a side effect of quantum mechanics.

In quantum mechanics, you have strange entanglements.

Say you have two particles.

They may become 'entangled' (they are linked via one or more properties) until
they decohere (their quantum state is messed up by entropy).

But in a way, even then, their "history of interaction" is never destroyed..

Each moment of time is "conserved" (as in matter/energy are conserved).

The set of properties of these two particles interacting is both temporary and permanent.

Both "real" and "seemingly illusory".

So our challenge..

Is to not cling to moments in time.. as the properties of those moments are transitory.

But the history is permanent.

The future itself is permanent.

"Freedom" comes from not clinging to transitory states .. as you get stuck in a rut (illusion).

But if you become a "mushroom head" as I call full-time "nondualists" (hippies if you like)

then you also "lose information".

It is ALSO a mistake to become "high on impermanence".

It is good to know the pieces too (matter/energy/symbiotes/Lowerverse/Oververse, whatever)

as those are sets of properites too.. "stories".

Nothing wrong with researching Kundalini say.

Or UFOs.

Nothing at all.

Just remain aware, that you are enjoying an impermanent story.

The impermanence is a part.

The "permanence" (the sum-total of all transitory properties across all times)
is also "real" - in fact perhaps the most real of all..

But humans do not have the ability to "see the permanence".

Thus it makes the most sense to become comfortable with the seeming impermanence,
while enjoying what small patterns which become evident, symptomatic of the
actual, "impossible to encompass" permanence.

Does any of this help?

Kev

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes it does, nothing lasts forever, every action has its own half-life.

And whatever the soul is we "summon" it, with every "spiritual gathering", concerts, services at churchs, sport events, everything we focus our imagination on.
That would imply we impress them as they do on us. Weird people, like Trump, which draw lots of attraction in their field. Since the only messages they get, is what gathers enough energy to be transported. That's were all the confusion comes from.
As we learn from ants what they are how they function by observation. We evaluate what we see, but there are many things we can't observe. Which would be like a different frequency hidden, occult, dark energy, the incertainty on a quantum level=> the unknown.
edit on 21-4-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I have to tell you how much I enjoy what you've been saying about "stories" and the universe being a 'storyteller' -
- I totally get you on that!

In fact believe it or not but, reading those particular posts I can see that we are not so far apart in our 'philosophies' (for want of a better term) than you might think...

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

I have to tell you how much I enjoy what you've been saying about "stories" and the universe being a 'storyteller' -
- I totally get you on that!

In fact believe it or not but, reading those particular posts I can see that we are not so far apart in our 'philosophies' (for want of a better term) than you might think...

Good to know!

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Well, FYI, I guess if I get run over by a bus tomorrow, at least the basics of my "Symbiotic Plasma Hypothesis" will be in the world for some time to come. My 10 pages or so of thesis/story were just printed in a very famous author's book.

I'm not going to go into any details on that.. I don't have the right to "hawk" that book.. nor do I wish to do so. You guys have heard more and deeper details than exist in the book.

I'm just happy he took it without any edits whatsoever.. he added a couple pictures is all.

Just thought I'd share that.. my wife is all happy because I mentioned her and our puppy dogs
in closing.

Kev

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Anaana

Oh purpose... well, why does the moon hang around earth? Natural forces.
The question of purpose is so very human.

Yes, so is calling Nature "Mother" or assigning gender designations to deities, or any other natural phenomenon or inanimate object.

But back to the UFO thing, most of the sightings are unexplained natural phenomenon.

Pretty broad sweep of the brush you're applying there, but to stick to the crux of the matter, they are still unexplained and therefore require explanation. Right?

It just seems easier to say it's all psychology and nature.

I don't think it is easier, wouldn't interest me if it was, I think that we have all the tools available and at our disposal to nail this thing down. That's terribly exciting, but it does involve an acceptance of uncertainty that some find deeply contradictory to their conditioning.

But the truth might be something else. I don't know. I saw zigzag lights. I try remote writing and sometimes I stare into the dark, greer style. But proof is aloof.

Proof of what?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
It goes without saying I am clueless about aliens (I hate them) and I can't, with a straight face, and wouldn't, put myself in the same category as UFOlogists like Vallee or Keel. But they have spent ages studying just that, they must have some ideas. Even 'dunno' in other disciplines is tempered with a refined view or advice/notions for future studies in a more specific area. It's never just 'nah, fairies'. Having said that, fairies is my starting point.

You might appreciate Vallee, he tries to integrate the folk lore more robustly, but he is though a prime example of what I mean. He walks right up to the precipice, realises what he is seeing and walks away.

Or has he?

I suspect it is a show, but an understandably one, and the man is of advanced age and as I myself onwardly advance in that direction, I can relate to that more. Uncertainty is demanding in all respects.

I suppose that some of them are demonised (excuse the pun) and ridiculed and unless you've walked a mile in their shoes, how can you (one) judge? It would take a very strong person to persist, despite the reception they got from former peers or family. It could be a face-saving - or sanity saving - exercise for some, or I suppose some might simply lose heart when they can't get any further forwards than the last man who tried.

There are plenty who are in it to manipulate and exploit the beliefs, predominantly the need for a belief to comfort and console, to give meaning etc, that because of the experiences that many have has left closed more traditional modes of meaning giving. They have a limited shelf life for a proactive enquirer but they are still effective as a means of muddying the water, and it is amazing how many people you can get to believe what you're saying simply by adopting the affirmative. Humans are easily led, by nature, but sadly we ceased to be scrupulous in who we follow a looooonnnng time ago. We take others word, and seldom check our sources. I digress though, you misunderstand what I was probably implying, my fault, I should have been more explicit. Lots of people throw in the towel because they run out of other people's opinions to follow, leaving the only way to go, solo into (semi) uncharted territory. I don't think, when they get to that point, it's really what they were signing up for, and a lot of them seem to slouch off in a petulant sulk. Perhaps. It's a very muddy pond, I try not to make too many assumptions because the active obfuscation in some quarters has been alarming and deeply destructive.

But also, maybe, I'm being too hard on them. Maybe what I assume is just completely wrong - they didn't study the phenomenon in the way I think they did. Maybe they had to do other jobs too, maybe they only got three months to write up reports etc then moved on to something else. I genuinely have no idea.
It's just such a flaccid exercise, and such a weird conclusion unless you follow on with ok, now we are studying fairies.

And what are fairies?

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Proof that spirituality and all supernatural including UFOs exists.

To get comfortable in a field of uncertainty, is pretty unnatural, don't you think? Not very human.
So of course, we imagine things to fill the gap.
But what if there is really someone, or thing there? What if there are beings, usually outside of our range of perception? Or a being like the planet, god, or the hive mind, or a very different intelligent species.
I mean in reality.
How would you react, if another human would pray to you? Or burn stuff, kill people to please you.
Just imagine how embarrassing. If they really were just ordinary people, from inside your brain. Or belly. An unknown parasite that co-evolved with us. Or symbiotic.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Just a comment on this line:

He walks right up to the precipice, realises what he is seeing and walks away.

The man sat on my couch for 5 hours and we discussed his entire life's research.

I'd say that you are completely mischaracterizing him, which is understandable, as you've
presumably never met him.

Just like "The GUT" was always harping on Vallee for being some sinister figure
lurking in the background, a member of the "Aviary", perhaps even a ring leader
of some sort.

How absurd.

The man is a scientist, who shows self-restraint and doesn't leap to unwarranted
conclusions like most of us tend to do on ATS.

He saw the satellite telemetry for the first retrograde satellite, supposedly before
humans had the technology. He's been a consultant and researcher on most of the
big UFO and supernatural cases for the past 50 years...

Yes, he "stares" at the phenomena.. yes, he realizes some of the possibilities,
but he does not "walk away". He suspends judgement for the lack of sufficient
evidence.

He wants to help discover new science, not perpetuate a myth. He exposed
the government destroying UFO evidence that Hynek hid. The man is
a hero!

What is wrong with that?

Kev

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join