It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Just wanted to mention that IF I had a "hero" ... and I don't, outside of the kindness and novelty that exists in greater to lesser amounts in every sentient critter... but if I did, then Vallee would be it.

A class act with a superior, honest intellect.

Seekers get frustrated with him for being too good a scientist... for not spilling his half-baked ideas or suppositions.

Ultimately, the data/patterns just don't seem to indicate a "solution" to the (weirder) UFO phenomena, as I see it... there is something there, something deeply novel, but that something defies convincing hypothesis at this time and with the available data.

Doesn't mean we can't spitball tho.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

WHAT?

You want a solution?

Every last process and critter in the Universe from potentially sentient electrons up to the Universe as a whole is helplessly self absorbed and self centered and is often barely aware that "others" even exist and generally don't care who or what understands them.

Imagine if aliens are living in your brain or are observing you..

Are YOU going out of your way to explain your behavior to them?

Or do you live your own life and don't care if you give them brain convulsions with your abhorrent inexplicable behavior?

And if plasma lifeforms do exist on this planet...they are probably quite cranky about all our pollution --- EM, nuclear, air and water pollution and high plasma experiments...

We'd be insane genocidal maniacs to them....they might be in pain every time they try and interact with us!

I know I often am... Costco/Wal-Mart during sales....eek! It hurts me to be around throngs of people...

Kev
edit on 22-4-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Typi

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

I think I'd like to read some of Vallee's folklore stuff, he sounds quite intriguing. "Passport to Magonia"? Does anyone know if that's the best folklorey one to read?

Lots of people throw in the towel because they run out of other people's opinions to follow, leaving the only way to go, solo into (semi) uncharted territory. I don't think, when they get to that point, it's really what they were signing up for, and a lot of them seem to slouch off in a petulant sulk. Perhaps. It's a very muddy pond, I try not to make too many assumptions because the active obfuscation in some quarters has been alarming and deeply destructive.

Ah, sorry, I didn't quite get that earlier. There is that, and I suppose there's also another side to that when they (possibly) realise this isn't their 'field', and lose confidence. Maybe what's needed is the solution to many a public sector dilemma, the multi-disciplinary team. Or a fairy quango.

And what are fairies?

Good question! Em....dunno, fairies?
Best attempt:
They are those who are not us, nor seek to be us, but somehow and sometimes come into our conscious awareness of their own accord, without leaving a route for us to follow them back to their Otherworld.

That's the best I can do, but for the most part, it could also apply to tigers.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This tickles my fancy..

When it comes to brains, size doesn't matter

Crows, ravens, and other corvids are sometimes called feathered apes

Raven being a "trickster" from folklore, is one pretty smart bird!

Kev

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No longer will humans and our ape cohorts be able to claim that we're smart just because our brains are big. Instead, say the researchers, it's more likely that intelligence stems from neural complexity, whether that's numbers of neurons or connections between them.

Ape cohorts.

Trickster yes, and the Celt's departed souls come back for another time around. Slightly related, I thought this was a fantastic study:

Evolutionary biologists at The Graduate University for Advanced Studies in Japan, the Uppsala University in Sweden and the University of Zurich are now challenging this view. For the first time, these researchers have demonstrated that Japanese great tits (Parus minor) have developed syntactic rules. These small birds are known for their large vocal repertoire, and the team discovered that they use a variety of calls and combinations of calls to interact with one another in specific situations. The combination of sounds such as the "ABC calls," for instance, means "watch out!"

Bird communication: Chirping with syntax

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Fascinating...

though an unfortunate name for a bird that gets studied so often... and "Japanese Great Tits" is not a commonly seen grouping.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Of all the things to notice in that study, you had to focus on the oxymoron that is Parus Minor.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Not to mention we (may) all share that potentially sentient electron (per Bohm)!

You do raise some great points (not uncommon for you)... and relativity/subjective point of view is ...well, everything... and is there even "separate" information, ultimately, at all?

And even IF we were simply stand alone units moving through time, Walmart/CostCo still freaks me the eff out... is there a law that states one must dress and act offensively to shop there?

How may one insulate themselves from the energy fauna (or plain old stupid humans)? If you have an answer you may help many with "social anxiety." heh

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

We all have our roles to play...

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Naw. All the cool people with throwback nervous systems are just screwed in the modern world.
Could also be throwforward to turn a new phrase.

It seems most beings view themselves as "islands" but are actually composite and symbiotic.

*shrug*

I don't make the rules...

Kev

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that our Mr. Dogma is a tad pervy?

Kev

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

If you're small and on a search... I like birds

(Click it you won't regret it, it's Eels!)

edit on 23-4-2016 by Peeple because: I like crows but one can't say that loud without others thinking about THAT movie. It's a shame he died was pretty hot, what's his name? Son of Bruce Lee?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
To get comfortable in a field of uncertainty, is pretty unnatural, don't you think? Not very human.

Hmmm? Perhaps it is not very "civilised" human, but it is definately a natural state, one that humans have spent energy increasing energy upon over the last 20,000 years trying to avoid, compensate and shield ourselves from it. Very, very little about reality, and existence in general, is certain, at best, at any given time we might approach near certainty yet the outcome remain undetermined until we actually arrive, and loads can change in that time, what with the notion of reality being in a constant state of flux and all. Sooo...

In short, I think fighting uncertainty is unnatural, but also a natural response to uncertainty. I am not entirely sure that in the West that we even know what "natural" is anymore.

So of course, we imagine things to fill the gap.
But what if there is really someone, or thing there? What if there are beings, usually outside of our range of perception? Or a being like the planet, god, or the hive mind, or a very different intelligent species.
I mean in reality.
How would you react, if another human would pray to you? Or burn stuff, kill people to please you.
Just imagine how embarrassing. If they really were just ordinary people, from inside your brain. Or belly. An unknown parasite that co-evolved with us. Or symbiotic.

I read a lot, including a hefty amount of science fiction, and comics of course, all that you list has at some point, at some time, has been imagined for me. I love to lose myself in alternatively imagined realities, call it a hobby if you will, and I do use similar tools to study and learn with. The latter though requires an understanding of the boundaries of consensus and their constraints, less of a hobby, more of a passion. I find that fictions inform upon facts and vice versa, though. Each being mutually expansive in appreciation of "other".

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
What is wrong with that?

You're fluttering your fan boy feathers for nothing, or you could just be misrepresenting my post for the show of it. One way or another, and as fascinating as I find the Homo Erotic Reflex at work, I didn't say anything was "wrong" that is your interpretation, and a wholly incorrect one.

For example, I didn't say he stares, I said he realises.

Quite, quite a different meaning.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
That's the best I can do, but for the most part, it could also apply to tigers.

'Nuff said.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Do you think it is possible that there is something at the receiving end of our prayers, inner dialogue and focused thoughts? Or what would you say, is the biggest problem with this assumption?

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
What is wrong with that?

You're fluttering your fan boy feathers for nothing, or you could just be misrepresenting my post for the show of it. One way or another, and as fascinating as I find the Homo Erotic Reflex at work, I didn't say anything was "wrong" that is your interpretation, and a wholly incorrect one.

For example, I didn't say he stares, I said he realises.

Quite, quite a different meaning.

I watch you incorrectly psychoanalyze person after person as part of many of your replies.
It's your right to do that, but it's also my right not participate when you do.
Just an FYI.

edit on 23-4-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I have a few questions, if you can find the time.
1. What do you believe the "chatting parasite group" is? Do you see them as other species connected to us via sub quantum channels? Or do you think it's just overlapping energy fields? What do you actually believe?

2. Would you agree it seems like we have a history of personalising parasite gossip? All the religions and this "one" could simple be the equivalent of a chatroom.

3. What do you think is the purpose of this all, life the universe?

4. I think you never really described what led to your btufo? Did you practice any special way of meditation or something? Or were you knee-deep in research? What were the circumstances?
And who or what caused it and how?

You don't have to go in detail, but are very welcome if you want to.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I have a few questions, if you can find the time.
1. What do you believe the "chatting parasite group" is? Do you see them as other species connected to us via sub quantum channels? Or do you think it's just overlapping energy fields? What do you actually believe?

2. Would you agree it seems like we have a history of personalising parasite gossip? All the religions and this "one" could simple be the equivalent of a chatroom.

3. What do you think is the purpose of this all, life the universe?

4. I think you never really described what led to your btufo? Did you practice any special way of meditation or something? Or were you knee-deep in research? What were the circumstances?
And who or what caused it and how?

You don't have to go in detail, but are very welcome if you want to.

1. Symbiotes. They are like stomach bacterial. Every human is full of them. Among other
things, they have given rise to the myth of "chakras".

2. Yes, we add confusion on top of symbiote & free roamaing critter gossip.

3. Scratch every itch. Repeat. Why itches exist, is beyond my pay grade.

4. I decided to experiment with "summoning" a UFO, as:

a) I'd never seen one and wanted to.
b) It was my opinion they were actually living beings, not machines, or at least sentient and summonable.
It turned out that was correct.. OR it was the coincidence of a lifetime. But since "IT" talked to me,
changed shape 3 times, etc.; something of the sort that I hypothesized seems true, and also fits into
my larger theory which ties together most fields of human science and society.

Kev

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Don't you agree there is obviously a connection? Between the parasites, aliens, god and all the woo things? Do you really believe bacteria like parasites could do that?

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join