It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Oh ... no ... Sherrie Lewis ...was that her name? Or am I conflating her with Jerry?

I told you that lady and her fabric cohort gave me issues... I blame my personality disorder and addiction problems, for instance, squarely on her sloped shoulders.

Her whole falsely upbeat act personified, somehow, what I perceived as suburban, upper-middle-class U.S. cultural facades masking deeply disturbed individuals and households.

Thinking about it, I was likely molested by some upstanding adult neighbor (or priest) using that puppet... it would explain a whole lot.

Shudder.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Out of interest, and if you don't mind, what were your experiences with Kundalini? I'm still jittery from the 90's, so never really been into yoga/mediatationy stuff but I've been learning all about it from Mr Bear. It'd be good to hear your side too.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: obnoxiouschick
a reply to: Baddogma
Well thank you for making everyone feel so comfortable discussing their take on the "weird" metaphysical world most people deny.

Trying to prevent brain melting as I speed read but have you all touched on personal views on Karma and karmic debt? Ideas on clearing karmic debt would be helpful.

Karmic Debt is what you make of it.

What do you fell bad about?

No I don't feel bad about anything.
I just wanted to know what people's opinion on it was, if they had one.
Someone close to me has "issues" that needs clearing up.
I sense it more as a result from his actions.
Since it seems to attract a specific type, as if his karma is attracting energy vampire type people.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'm still jittery from the 90's,

Aren't we all sister? Aren't we all....

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Oh ... no ... Sherrie Lewis ...was that her name? Or am I conflating her with Jerry?

I told you that lady and her fabric cohort gave me issues... I blame my personality disorder and addiction problems, for instance, squarely on her sloped shoulders.

Her whole falsely upbeat act personified, somehow, what I perceived as suburban, upper-middle-class U.S. cultural facades masking deeply disturbed individuals and households.

Thinking about it, I was likely molested by some upstanding adult neighbor (or priest) using that puppet... it would explain a whole lot.

Shudder.

You are blaming being mentally "stirred not shaken" and past drug use on Lambchop the sock puppet?

I am smiling ear to ear.

edit on 9-3-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Her fabric cohort.

Sorry about your trauma, I didn't mean to flood you there. Just breathe deeply and be pleased you never had these knitted terrors to contend with...

There are some very dark myths in there, maybe not for this thread but then maybe also strangely relevant since we're thinking about seen and unseen, known and unknown etc. That's a truly fascinating area of human study, I think.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Heheh. It was fun though, no?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I'm still jittery from the 90's,

Aren't we all sister? Aren't we all....

Can I get an "AMEN!!"...?
(sorry...when a sister says "sister" I perk up like a meerkat!)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Karma is in my opinion. You speak of the arseholes that have wronged you? If you feel you have been wronged then maybe it is not time to understand Karma. Let it go and let it happen. What will be will be.

But Non, that is less Karma, as I understand the concept, than stuff just happening and your relative view on it, right?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Most of us have eaten entire herds of sentient meat animals whose DNA isn't THAT far from our own.

I wonder which hell we will go to?

Cow?
Chicken?

I'm afraid that most of us would wind up in bacon hell.

Kev

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

What makes you think there is a cosmic balance or Karma,at all? How would it work?

I mean, I'd love to think the arseholes who've hurt me would be dealt with by mystic misfortune down the road, but suspect they won't... unless I whip out a bat or conjure up a curse or something, and even then I'd worry that if there WAS karma, then my own wishing ill upon an other, no mater how justified, would come back and hurt me, too.

And who's perspective on karmic balance are we going to go with? The aggrieved or griever's? Nobody is "bad" from their own perspective... well, I'm sure there are exceptions, as always.

Oh I've seen some serious karma come back at people.
It's not all "bad" there is good Karma too.
It's just the basic "what you give is what you get" type of stuff.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I've decided:

Meerkats are the cutest living creature...except maybe baby kittens.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: obnoxiouschick

So what's the Karma for letting a paradise planet turn into a stinking, acidified, plastic wasted, toxic waste dump in under 300 years?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: obnoxiouschick

I find a heartfelt apology to those you have hurt and a well wish to those who do not wish you well....one by one, spoken in a meditation, an earnest offering will cancel any 'curse' or karmic payback.

We are a mirror, we reflect back what we ask to look into our shiny soul.

We are also a bit like a magnet. Existing in a certain energy state, will attract more of that to you.

If I do the sum 1+1 = 2

1 (anxiety) plus 1 (neediness) = 2 (user type personality) is what you get

say he starts living his life as:
3 +4 =7
3 (self respect) + 4 (compassion) = 7 (a personality who wants to enjoy your company not take from you will be his answer that comes back to his life)

Sometimes we keep doing the same formula until will realize that you can do another equation, it sometimes takes years to learn that formula of 1 + 1 =2 and it dawns on you in time that you can move on to another set of experiences/equations.

Clear as mud ?

lol just some of my thoughts.

edit on 9-3-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Heck yeah! I'm listing to some 90s rock Alice in Chains as we speak

edit on 9-3-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Heck yeah! I'm listing to some 90s rock Alice in Chains as we speak

Is that Avatar a very young Rick Flair?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Another psychological juxtaposition about societal false faces was, as a child, using our guest "powder room" at some hoity toity affair after a lady who had made a great show at being offended by my childish exuberance, and being gravely sickened by the overwhelming stink of fecal matter and expensive perfume... something about that frantic masking of the baser animal aspects of being human made me want to "slum" my whole life.

I wasn't aware there were folkloric studies of that aspect of our culture, but of course there are! Bring 'em up, by all and any means, er... sister... and us brohdies had some jitters in the 90's too, but mine were tempered by the proverbial "Belushi."

edit on 3/9/2016 by Baddogma because: delete

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Ace! (As we used to say
)

I'm sticking with the Pogues tonight.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The funny thing is that your woman asked her the same question in another thread lol. You two were made for each other.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
The funny thing is that your woman asked her the same question in another thread lol. You two were made for each other.

We are seperate people skids.

The difference is that I forget that she is now a member here and that all I could think was " man Flair was good in his day, I bet she would have liked him back then.

That is married life I suppose. nothing is sacred anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join