It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: obnoxiouschick

So what's the Karma for letting a paradise planet turn into a stinking, acidified, plastic wasted, toxic waste dump in under 300 years?

Being the society that created the "stinking, acidified, plastic wasted, toxic waste dump" then we'd also have to be the society that lives in and with it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
originally posted by: nonspecific

Is that Avatar a very young Rick Flair?

edit on 9-3-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: beansidhe

Bring 'em up, by all and any means, er... sister... and us brohdies had some jitters in the 90's too, but mine were tempered by the proverbial "Belushi."

Dude...it's so not the same.

Kev...Nope, ferrets are the cutest ever. But this pic is adorable, lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Omg I'm stealing that one and sending it to my wife!#!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Bingo

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I don't feel bad about anything

OMG.. .what is your secret??

I spent vast fortunes chasing that feeling (or dragon), myself, and only healthily achieved it by 'hermiting' myself away.

Lobotomy? Xanax? Jesus?

I am, of course, kidding... but am truly envious... and curious if you have some invention to sell?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
originally posted by: nonspecific

Is that Avatar a very young Rick Flair?

What a way to derail a thread.

16 times a world champion and survived an airplaine crash.

Whooooooooooo.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Most fairy stories have that element tucked away, really. The sidhe are the unhuman ones who dance and seduce and drink, not like the god-fearing better humans. Some stories are almost certainly told as a slur on the Picts and the pre-Christians, as not being as good as the 'decent' folk. Lots of things get mashed up in these tales and unpicking them unravels lots of disparate themes.
But pertinent themes still, to this day - we're no different to our ancestors at all.

Forget that lady, that perfumed ape, who had to make herself feel better by rebuking a happy, little child. Real ladies don't treat little ones like that. Pity her instead.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I'm afraid that most of us would wind up in bacon hell.

Bacon and hell cannot exist in the same construct... mutually exclusive, imo...

well, if pressed, images of forced feeding of burnt bacon by leering demons could be conjured, but I'd still likely love it while feigning sickness.

Lord, it's devolved into bacon chit-chat...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I don't feel bad about anything

OMG.. .what is your secret??

I spent vast fortunes chasing that feeling (or dragon), myself, and only healthily achieved it by 'hermiting' myself away.

Lobotomy? Xanax? Jesus?
I am, of course, kidding... but am truly envious... and curious if you have some invention to sell?

No just the run of the mill plant based smoking supplement that keeps me blissfully unaware of reality. Just kidding. I just don't happen to have anything at this moment I feel bad about .... unless there's something I did to you I'm not aware of.

edit on 3/9/2016 by obnoxiouschick because: oops

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Pitied at the time, actually, but appreciate the support!

Give me the naughty Sidhe any day... stuffy pretense (and fecal) filled humans can have their peers and churches.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

We are more fun, it's true.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I find a heartfelt apology to those you have hurt and a well wish to those who do not wish you well....one by one, spoken in a meditation, an earnest offering will cancel any 'curse' or karmic payback.

We are a mirror, we reflect back what we ask to look into our shiny soul.

We are also a bit like a magnet. Existing in a certain energy state, will attract more of that to you.

If I do the sum 1+1 = 2

1 (anxiety) plus 1 (neediness) = 2 (user type personality) is what you get

say he starts living his life as:
3 +4 =7
3 (self respect) + 4 (compassion) = 7 (a personality who wants to enjoy your company not take from you will be his answer that comes back to his life)

Sometimes we keep doing the same formula until will realize that you can do another equation, it sometimes takes years to learn that formula of 1 + 1 =2 and it dawns on you in time that you can move on to another set of experiences/equations.

Clear as mud ?

lol just some of my thoughts.

I've seen similar type equations for explaining stuff like this but honestly I really don't agree with it.
The numeral 1 is assigned both as anxiety & neediness ? Who came up with these formulas. I'm sorry I just don't get it.

It's more like his general openness is perceived as an invitation for people to get clingy, then demanding. I just noticed that he has these cycles where people take advantage of him and takes a long time for him to even realize it's happening. I figured he might have done something long ago and is paying it back now.

But thanks for your reply, I do appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

There is no number assigned. It was an example of simply living the same formula and getting the answer/reaction/attraction.Eventually you learn a different way of living.
Again, 1 equates to nothing, it was just a random example of living the same pattern repeatedly, you will get the same answer in life each time.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

What a way to derail a thread.

Well the thread has been full of wooo woo technically

edit on 9-3-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Hello there, it's nice to meet you.
I don't think I like the idea of past karma, it feels punitive. I've been on the wrong end of a kicking too many times - it's a brutal universe that makes you pay for something you've done in a past time, with no memory of and no way to make an informed reparation. Could it just be that he is a trusting soul and people soon learn to take advantage of him? Maybe if he noticed the warning signs sooner or learned to listen to his own inner voice (that dratted ego) it would help him to stop playing the same game ad infinitum?

Wishing him well, either way.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It's the Universe that has the Karma problem.

I'm serious.

It keeps self detonating and endlessly repeating itself...big bang(s), hydrogen, helium and lithium gravitationally clump up to form stars and planets.

Eventually sentient beings come along, and then take it in the shorts for the recidivistic behavior of the Universe(s).

We are all domestic violence survivors.

Seriously...this is pure science.

We are all innocents getting steam rolled by these cosmic cycles.

Kev

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I had no idea you were actually Sidhe and weren't just wearing the pretty nom de plumage!

Oh, be a dear and take me away to your mound and lose me for a few centuries, could ya?

Rereading that, the er... double (almost triple) entendre occurred to me ... apologies to Ms (and Mr) Beansidhe!

But the thought/impulse was pure... escapism, but pure.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear
Maybe it's that cosmic biatch slappin' that we unconsciously rail against by steamrolling nature right back?

There's some ptsd humans are reliving in a mass, societal manner... and they sure do seem to resent nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join