It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What a cool dream!

Some people think he is one of the best narrators ever!

I just like the pop culture myth about him....lol

The symbolism that you received was from pop culture,
and a message from the creator in the form of Morgan Freeman.

Or not...
lol

edit on 8-3-2016 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That is called coincidence and proves how "entertainment " #s with our minds.
A few years from now people will worship hello kitty! Oh wait they already do...

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: johnb

I will apologise if I must, but that's it. Creeping about in the dark, lobbing bits of beef at it will antagonise it, I just know it. It'll take it as an assault and ramp its campaign up to the next level.
The next time I see it I will say sorry for the things I've said, then ignore it. The ball will be firmly in its stupid owl court and we'll see if it can meet me halfway, or if it continues to act like an arse.

I'll do my best

I can consecrate an ill cow if that would help?

Still here, mostly lurking...still enjoying.
jacy

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

So you can, I knew that would come in handy.
You might want to post me a couple of slices once its been consecrated, just in case.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Was Morgan Freeman wearing clothing?

I just had to ask.

Yeah, and everyone else (for the most part) had on burnt ST:TNG uniforms. I guess there was some kind of accident on a set nearby where they were filming.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That is called coincidence and proves how "entertainment " #s with our minds.
A few years from now people will worship hello kitty! Oh wait they already do...

Not really coincidence considering he was speaking directly about what happened hours later.

It was more a confirmation and a nod from the universe I'm on the path I want. Sort of like a cosmic thumbsup. Which, was essentially what Mr. Freeman was telling me in the dream.

He is a good narrator...he loves that SM7b microphone....I use an RE-20

edit on 8-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Not really coincidence considering he was speaking directly about what happened hours later.

I am wondering, was this a premonition dream?
or do you think you had a dream teacher?

Any time I have had someone in a dream show me something that I find out later I look at them as dream teachers.
They can show you some pretty cool stuff.

It has not happened in some time, but I always found the subject interesting.
edit on 8-3-2016 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I will apologise if I must, but that's it. Creeping about in the dark, lobbing bits of beef at it will antagonise it, I just know it. It'll take it as an assault and ramp its campaign up to the next level.
The next time I see it I will say sorry for the things I've said, then ignore it. The ball will be firmly in its stupid owl court and we'll see if it can meet me halfway, or if it continues to act like an arse.

I'll do my best

Speaking of Owls most people in the UK assume that the Tawny is the most common type but it is in fact the Teat.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

it is clear to me that with breath control (pranayama) and focus we feel our entire body from tip to toe. We can send prana anywhere we want. But I don't really separate prana and apana yet. but one has to do with breath in and the other out ?

Also I understand a thing or two about meridians/Nadis all over our body. This is probably what I feel and what you describe with your words. That is also what is probably chakra. This is a group of meridians I think? or what you say the visceral and autonomic nervous systems? So many labels, I don't like words you know, ... they bring more confusion...truth is expressed in silence and without words...also as I have came to realize, why some say it is the language of God, I think...well I don't think...amm huh : )

Also I wonder if prana and meridians are the same on some level in dreams as in waking reality? I think they are? That would mean that there is a connection with "other bodies". But that should be obvious. Everything is connected, if all is one, haha

Also how are micro environments "within us" connected with chakra? Is this just another level. Like a matryoshka doll, kinda thing : ) ?

I know that we can send prana up the spine and activate the Kundalini by force, but I don't want to do that for some reason. I am just an observer in meditation and let the nature take its course. I observer the mind, the visions, emotions, feelings and try to learn by intuition, not imagination. there is a lot of difference, in my opinion. But it is hard to separate the two, but it get easier with meditation.

as far as step 5 goes. I think I know what you mean a bit, and I am confronting it, but there are still desires in me..."luminal " state brings a realization of what it really means to be silent/being, I think. And you saying a while back that every word is magical is now obvious.

But it is hard to break through everything for some reason, I still have to learn to completely let go. even though I understand we give the power to our own thoughts and connection with emotions, but desires are still something I need to learn to transform completely and learn to let go of "bad" ones. Sexual desire is the strongest for me at the moment....heh..I am 28 and healthy body and a LOT of energy. It is not easy, but it is not hard either, it is just a matter of correct understanding, and I am still missing something, I think.

But understanding and natural silence will come, some way, sooner or later, I have full faith in me/Self/Atman.... Or in the process and I am in no rush, just learn to be luminal for now, and doing meditations....

as far as Kundalini powers all spirituality goes, I would disagree, and I think it is only the beginning of being "true human", when it is fully "active" all the time? I think this can be done naturally without any effort. And then the real "fun" begins...maybe, will see.
edit on 1457486266317March173173116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I don't mind, as long as I learn how to get out of all that.
We have to get out of false imagination in my opinion, that is the point.

Destruction of imagination. Who is do one doing the imagination? who is do one who thinks thoughts, who is the one who responds to them?

I think this is possible. And I think that was what the real saint did, and they also explained all that from their prospective and with the usage of their terms. Just like we invent new ones in this thread...it is the same. But they proved it with occasional siddhis manifestation and general wisdom and knowledge.

They say, that when a real saint,yogi looks at you for just a moment, he/she knows you better than yourself. : )

To them all IS just words. all imagination. describing concepts. all subjective experiance. So what?

we can all describe the same tree, and give descriptions to a painter, and he will paint 10 different trees.

that just means there are different ways, no true or false.
Just learn and find your way among smoke and mirrors.

: )
edit on 1457486667324March243243116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Whatever you like.

But if you are an expert already, then I can spend more time on other matters.

Thank you!

Kev

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I had a dream the other night with Morgan Freeman in it. He sat and chatted with me for a bit. And no, he wasn't playing the character "God". Hew as just himself, although I did say something like, "Wow, you're Morgan Freeman!"

Woke up, and a few hours later got some news that directly related to the content of our conversation.

Funny how that happens sometimes.

There is an aspect of Morgan Freeman you admire and want to explore, my guess, the voice

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is kind of a broad question, but I am wondering with those who participate in this thread, what is your interest in metaphysics and general weirdness?

For myself, from a young age I experienced premonitions, which got me interested in the whole metaphysical/eventually spiritual experience.

I find myself coming back and posting because I am craving a deeper conversation of some kind, but I don't know what. I hate it when that happens, but I have a few weeks before I move to Alaska and it gives me a lot of time to do nothing, and when I have nothing really to do, this is where my head goes, if that makes any sense.

So where are you all at in your experience with this lifetime?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

He "gave me his blessing" (his words) as he patted me on the back. And something relating to what we were talking about went in that very direction hours later upon waking. Something which I had no control over and was up in the air.
edit on 9-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Weird.

I had a dream kind of along the same lines once.
I was sitting in a doctors office and he told me I had contracted legionnaires disease from work.

It kind of bugged me so when I was at work I told the asst mgr about it, and later that day we got called up to an apartment where this little old lady proceeded to demand a new shower head because she didn't want to contract legionnaires disease.
Both the asst mgr and I stopped, looked at each other and laughed,
then got someone to change the shower head.

I actually felt relieved when she said it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

"Destruction of imagination" would imply to stop exploring myths. Your breath controls your body. Everything else is in your mind=> imagination. Which doesn't mean it is not existing, it just is a shared lie. Like money.
Or as a beautiful example, we agree the company Pepsi exists, but if you try to nail down what that company is, you will find it is just a fiction we agree into existence. Like human rights, laws in general, currency and there is no substance behind it.
The same goes for chakras, god, etc. we say it exists and that is what differs us from animals: we invent myths to function as larger herds.
Language was invented to enable us living in bigger social compounds. Gossip only glues together 150 people, with myths like law and money and god, you can get 15 billion people in front of the same carriage.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

hahah...I starred your response, you are very unpredictable : )

well I did not claim to be expert in anything I will always be a student...
i was just typing my thoughts about everything related, but no special knowledge just observation and insights from meditations. Which are maybe even wrong.

If they are true or not I don't know, but it is how I "see" them for now since you asked, that is all. But now I know I got a few things wrong to get such a response...I sense sarcasm for some reason and that sucks, I don't like or use sarcasm much. : )

well in any case It could help us if you would write a bit of your opinions about them or say where I am wrong...or not, whatever you want to do, I am happy...I don't want to waste your precious time after all and I mean that with utmost respect, not sarcasm!

a reply to: Peeple

yes you are right, but it also implies a LOT more than that for me at least...and limiting the research is never good for me. Myths and everything else can be useful, just read and absorb everything you feel is right for you. be happy, study and use intuition on what or how to study.

And if you will or do meditate regularly and properly you will also come across your "hidden" sides...some true some false, you will need to filter and learn about that yourself.

"chakras" and "prana" are part of our nature just like the breath and everything is connected to it. You can train to feel all that all the time (and probably much more!), like everyone can feel beating of the heart if one concentrates enough.

But what is their purpose and how to learn to use or set them properly and beneficial for us and others or what is their relationship with micro environments or dreams or even other states of "consciousness", is another matter. Especially hard matter due to tons of useless crap on the net about them. So deep meditation ... experiences - trial and error and not imagination from books or internet.

That is why I like to focus more on positive intentions and emotions at the start of meditation and than let it ALL go...into deep natural silence and observe what happens with 100% concentration. And let natural process do its job and I let experiences come naturally so I can handle it.

imho.

edit on 1457514649310March103103116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I'll do my best

Lol I wasn't suggesting you lob the beef at it, perhaps place it somewhere handy near its tree (fence or gate post) so it can see that it was YOU that put it there (I would tell it, that's its a peace gift too
)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

for me only one interest.

The complete naked ugly or beautiful truth and than I would like to share this somehow for the benefit of ALL other beings.

About where I am at?
I always like to be on the sunny side : )

...huh I don't know an answer to that, but you can read a lot about it in this thread, it is a loaded question after all with a lot of different sides to it.

I sometimes like to write too much and in here I have fully unleashed my fingers on ATS like never before and probably never will again in such settings ... becouse if Kev were not present, my posts would be a LOT shorter for sure, I only post in such open way, becouse I feel very positive connection with some of members for some reason.

So if you have ANY questions, now is the perfect time to ask. In this thread there are a lot of nice "weirdos", with no judgment so, it is surprisingly ok, to be wired here : ) ....
Than you can contemplate it all you want in Alaska.
Gosh, It must be very quite and peaceful there, I would probably love it a lot!
edit on 1457519597333March333333116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join