It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Is it maybe just the handicapped lovechild from monotheism and Buddhism? The all is one thing?
Seeing it as Buddhism promises the end of suffering and monotheists say god is all and loves us all?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I attempted to learn a little about kundalini many years ago when I was studying healing,
and found it an interesting subject, but also very misunderstood.
I say misunderstood meaning that everyone say something different about it.
When I activated mine, I discovered that it was an energy source that I should just leave alone...lol

Other than that, I don't know to much about it,
but from what you are saying,
it has uncoiled to the crown leaving an open connection?

A direct line between earth and sky?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

This battery is low on power at the moment.

lol

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
And dude, there is no "flow" to disrupt, keep posting whatever pops into your plugged-in head, whatever appears on this thread is via a direct line from the universe filled with mystic import and gravitas... unless I'm posting, that is.

It's all good... new blood will invigorate the old ones here... so open up a vein and hook in.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

It is the least understood and over bull#-ized thing in the entire world.

Kev

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
Cozy party you have going on.
I'm still wading through the pages.
Just wanted to say Hi and that I'm enjoying this thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Remember how I misspoke about your socks not matching earlier?

I really think you are onto something...

Socks...bees...and cranky owls/assorted fowl.

What is the Universe trying to tell is?

Kev

I've noticed too! Socks, hum. Still not sure. Bees, our "hive selves" (society) working for a common goal. Birds, sorry to go all Freudian, individual freedom.

And I just use "universe" (and have been doing so for some time) because I am not certain this is the only one!

What the heck is up with socks??

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: obnoxiouschick

Cozy maybe, but I like the weird, nekkid parties with strange chems amd stranger people ...especially the liminal characters lurking in the halls creepily watching people making out in the bedrooms (yeah, had some burners in my youth).

So welcome and glad you liked some of it... me too.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Whelp, my childhood was full of weird sock puppets ... maybe it's a mental bleed over...

gawds, anyone old enough to remember that Sherry woman all over TV with the puppet named for food? Lambchops? That produced some odd issues for me...

anyway, your Freudian socks are as holed as mine...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well thank you for making everyone feel so comfortable discussing their take on the "weird" metaphysical world most people deny.

Trying to prevent brain melting as I speed read but have you all touched on personal views on Karma and karmic debt? Ideas on clearing karmic debt would be helpful.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Maybe it is just plain old utilitarian day-to-day stuff. Or maybe, "Hey, even Jesus washed his disciples feet. Least you can do for universe is wash your socks!"

But that is me just being flippant!

As to my tale of socks. You need to have sensible shoes for the snow and ice outdoors. When you get indoors, you typically swap shoes because you can't sit around for 8 hours in leather and thinsulate shoes. So I notice things like holes in my socks. I swear I had several pair with heel-holes one week and the next only one pair!

Update on the general feeling of happiness: seems it was just me. So after the general feeling slowly faded (about 10 days) the only thing I can do is turn my board around and paddle back out into the surf. No socks required!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Naw. Kundalini is that whacky thing about humans which has created souls, spirituality, religion and maybe schizophrenia.

A large part of it started when humans started walking less and sitting more.

I # you not.

Now there IS an interesting "spiritual mechanism" in humans, but its not even 10% What people say it is.

Kev

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Oh do tell... what is the interesting spiritual mechanism?... and I must be activating my incipient Kundalini as I sit for 9+ hours on a daily basis, and if there were an olympic event for sitting, I might medal (and yeah, I know it's cutting my life short, but whatcha gonna do 'cept get a standing desk)?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: obnoxiouschick
Well thank you for making everyone feel so comfortable discussing their take on the "weird" metaphysical world most people deny.

Trying to prevent brain melting as I speed read but have you all touched on personal views on Karma and karmic debt? Ideas on clearing karmic debt would be helpful.

Karmic Debt is what you make of it.

What do you fell bad about?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You'll have to wait..

Kpb

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I do remember! I liked it, it had a weird voice.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What makes you think there is a cosmic balance or Karma,at all? How would it work?

I mean, I'd love to think the arseholes who've hurt me would be dealt with by mystic misfortune down the road, but suspect they won't... unless I whip out a bat or conjure up a curse or something, and even then I'd worry that if there WAS karma, then my own wishing ill upon an other, no mater how justified, would come back and hurt me, too.

And who's perspective on karmic balance are we going to go with? The aggrieved or griever's? Nobody is "bad" from their own perspective... well, I'm sure there are exceptions, as always.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You are a skimpily attired mental tease, sir!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

What makes you think there is a cosmic balance or Karma,at all? How would it work?

I mean, I'd love to think the arseholes who've hurt me would be dealt with by mystic misfortune down the road, but suspect they won't... unless I whip out a bat or conjure up a curse or something, and even then I'd worry that if there WAS karma, then my own wishing ill upon an other, no mater how justified, would come back and hurt me, too.

And who's perspective on karmic balance are we going to go with? The aggrieved or griever's? Nobody is "bad" from their own perspective... well, I'm sure there are exceptions, as always.

Karma is in my opinion.

You speak of the arseholes that have wronged you?

If you feel you have been wronged then maybe it is not time to understand Karma.

Let it go and let it happen.

What will be will be.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Go to the airport and start talking about bombs. The TSA will turn you into a sock puppet in no time.

new topics

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join