It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Sometimes I feel like we don't really 'fit' in the universe, like it's all been a horrible mistake. Even our own little safe rock explodes in volcanoes and rattles with earthquakes.
To carry on your metaphor, do you think it's maybe time to stop making excuses for the Universe and start to see it for what it really is? How can we learn to see that other 99.7% (approx) ?

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Still laughing.

Ok, maybe I'll steal you away for a while, someday. Beware of creepy, skulking, tattoed ladies with scarlet hair for the forseeable future.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

This brown/grey haired untattoed man is generally skulking around such lasses as you describe... as long as they are safely continents away, anyway.

I wouldn't want to be incontinent, after all... or something like that.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

We have to take our lumps until we grow up/evolve and get to hang out with the cool kids.

Suxors I know.

Kev

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Maybe it's that cosmic biatch slappin' that we unconsciously rail against by steamrolling nature right back?

There's some ptsd humans are reliving in a mass, societal manner... and they sure do seem to resent nature.

It's true.

Nature giveth.

Nature taketh away.

Due to this humans created spirituality and religion in a futile attempt to fight back.

Kev

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

And don't forget socks. Humans created socks to help us rail against the meaningless void!!

[ETA: the birds, the bees, and socks! All we need is beer to help get the socks clean and get over our self-conscious animal actions!]

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Socks are like souls, the devil himself claims one every time you throw a pair into that portal of hell we call a washing machine

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I still think Al Bundy is right about what happens to those missing socks.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Or the purgatory AKA the dryer.

BTW, why not "drier" instead of "dryer"?? I think I will start calling it the former just to see if anyone notices!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

portal of hell we call a washing machine

Reminds me of watching the washing machines in laundromats (say that 3 times fast) on three letter chems back in the days of youth and poverty ... the water, suds and fabrics would form all sorts of cool animations to my deranged mind.. .lots of screaming, hellish faces... but then that's my brain...

and my mind has been stuck to illicit substances all day for some reason... and water has been another recurring theme... perhaps drugs are my water??

Anyhoo, off to see the sun for the 10 minutes before it sets.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

And don't forget socks. Humans created socks to help us rail against the meaningless void!!

[ETA: the birds, the bees, and socks! All we need is beer to help get the socks clean and get over our self-conscious animal actions!]

I stand humbly in the presence of magnificence.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Hi

A belief in karma can be for either this life or previous lives.

Since I want to focus on the present and can't change the past I'll stick with karma in this life.

From what I know of his earlier present life he does still have to work through a number of issues he created for himself.
What's sad is the most difficult and negatively impacted relationship was easier for him to deal with because of distance. But now we have to deal with this person moving close to us and he's disturbed by that. So I'll see how that goes.

Could it just be that he is a trusting soul and people soon learn to take advantage of him? Maybe if he noticed the warning signs sooner or learned to listen to his own inner voice (that dratted ego) it would help him to stop playing the same game ad infinitum?

Yes to a degree. It is just bizarre how these people come into his life then try to attach themselves. I've gotten rid of 5 so far. I swear it's like he's a magnet.
It indirectly impacts me because it's my husband.
These people tend to have this residual energy that disrupts mine. I have to always clear his chakras after he's been around low frequency people. He would confirm that as well, but hates talking about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: obnoxiouschick

There is no number assigned. It was an example of simply living the same formula and getting the answer/reaction/attraction.Eventually you learn a different way of living.
Again, 1 equates to nothing, it was just a random example of living the same pattern repeatedly, you will get the same answer in life each time.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.

Ok thank you for clarifying that.

He has evolved, slowly. But I would say he's made a lot of changes for the better. Whatever pattern developed it's changed. So I'll see what happens when my mother in law moves back. That will definitely throw him off.
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Sometimes I feel like we don't really 'fit' in the universe

We don't!! We have no natural habitat. We don't even really know what we're supposed to eat.

I've been laid up (back injury) watching documentaries...nature, animals...distant lands.
It amazes me that certain animals eat certain plants (on certain trees)...that only they eat...that only they NEED...and then afterwards, the seeds in the defecation (that need to be consumed and then pooped out in order to grow)...well, it all works together in a nice little system. Nobody/nothing needs to be taught what to do.

The anteater, with the claws to break through termite mounds...the sticky long tongue to snare hundreds of termites...then the termites go back and block up the hole after.

Meh, sorry...I'm sleep deprived and on pain meds, lol.
My point is that everything that's here (on earth) seems to know it's place...except us humans.

jacy

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
hey guys, girls...long post about karma and a few other thing from my own prospective.

I would just like first to express that no matter what you believe or think about the universe and real nature of our existence. it can be find out with the way of meditation and spiritual practice. But I would not advise sticking to any spiritual practice and rather take and absorb anything it feels right to you. All other things will fall into place eventually when they have to, for you.

But in order to get to some realization at least regular meditation is required, so we can start to disconnect a bit from waking state and reality and get a clearer picture of it.... And along the road of development one should learn intuitively about the interconnectedness of all things and that brings natural compassion and likeness to all living things. But we should not have to force this things to hard if we don't feel like it. It will come to you naturally. In my opinion we are one with nature, even though we like to deny it and be arrogant and think we are the boss of all earth or even universe...

At least for me it was like so. I was a bit of meat eater, party boy a few years ago. Now none of these attributes can describe me. The natural process in me has started to develop with spiritual knowledge and meditation and more focus and attention we give "it". More we will develop in a natural way.

my theory is simple. We are one with nature. And everything is a natural process, even we are a part of this process and we do NOT have control as much as we like think, control is part of illusion. We must just allow nature to blossom within on its own according to karma. And along the way we will get sooner or later personal understanding of karma, God, gods, dharma, souls, life, death, etc...well whatever you want to know, you can find out. First intellectually with intuition and then with own experiance. But don't believe things blindly or development will stop in this area, but only after experiencing.

Karma is in my opinion a real force, natural force. Just like gravity or magnetism. Not just about justice but mainly learning. We are learning how to function as ONE. One with plants and animals and all other beings on earth, "heaven" or "hell". Also the question I asked about who is the REAL doer a few pages back, was exactly about that, but nobody picked it up so I left it alone...but in statement all IS one. Karma has something to do with "IS". In my opinion. And understanding that is very important they say...

But we as body/mind are too egotistical to learn and so we suffer in some control loops even through many lifetimes, in some cases... If real nature of the universe is like smoke and mirrors. Puf and it's gone. Our body/mind is a smoke, and mirror is God. Holy spirit, Tao, Brahman. Than karma could be considered as a learning mechanism for the Self. And that is why I don't believe in coincidences. We get clues ALL the time but, do we pick them up or not is another matter. It is very intuitive thing to pick something like that. And it gets easier to recognize once we are relaxed and have serene mind state.

Also karma can be bypassed or at least "cleaned" in few ways, it seems, How? Find out yourself and don't be a lazy bum! haha...well there are a lot of methods described, most "new ones" are probably false, I guess. But if one will research about ancient buddhist or yogins practice, one may find useful information in my opinion. Maybe it can be even ignored completely in true meditation, some wise people/saints said in the past, The belief that we deserve something bad for our past bad deeds can be the strongest weapon against us...take from that what you will...But that does NOT mean that there are no consequences for our actions, it is not so easy : )

One can find descriptions from old master yogis in books about how they describe karma and how it "works" and even "looks" (read yogi philosophy, which is a "modern" book, but I think it comes from a true yogi) . We have many different karmas. For instance: universal karma, a world karma, a location karma like city and villages, every group of people, our own karma, plants, animals.... Everything is happening according to karmas, they say. And from my very limited experiences I have a feeling this is true. I had so many "seemingly random" events that I could be a rich man if I had a penny for every one, but I started to do the math long after events occurred. : )

But don't be a pussy also. : )
Courage and mental strength are very important things. Not every pain is a sign for change of spiritual practice, but rather contemplate, think, use your head. That is why it is there. Any kind of suffering has a source. Contemplate, identify the source and remove it.

Learn to use your head, not what it says on ATS, books or papa and mama but what is your heart saying to you? Normally the hardest choices are coming from the heart. But they are hard to execute due to our strength of untrained EGO. heart is altruistic by nature, in my opinion!

Also I don't want you to believe me. But only consider this and if you find it plausible, than please learn to be nicer, kinder and compassionate-er to all other beings even animals and plants and even in dreams if you have some control in it...if not, you can develop it naturally with practice.
I will tell you that the scariest dreams are the ones we can learn most about if we learn to be kind to our "nemesis" in a dream and start to chat with it instead. Even if it is an animal or cthulhu...it is a dream. And in dreams when we can face our fears we can grow a LOT.

That will not make you in a "love zombie". Look, IF spiritual practice is in the way of normal life and living, than DROP it and continue your search in a different way. With continuous practice life should get simpler, not the opposite. If this start to happen, than in my opinion, drop current practices, take a breather and change a bit...you know...adapt and learn, change dirty socks ... or whatever, remember why are you doing spiritual practices if you are a bit "serious", to get OUT of suffering and misery of untrained EGO and to get some other beneficial result for you and others.

: )

edit on 1457618830307March073073116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Couldn't have said it better.

I'ts just like agent Smith said in the first Matrix movie.

Humans are a virus.

We give nothing. We only take. We consume until everything is depleted.

We are Kali/Shiva, destructor of worlds.

This is the healing that a true spirituality would fix.

Humans have not currently invented a life-affirming spirituality.

We only know how to create death.

Kev

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

For people who are interested in more traditional information regarding Kundalini,
this blog:

Mythic Spiral

Is one of the best.

I've only recently become aware of it.

It does not get entirely "down and dirty", but then again, that's ok.

Kev

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I believe it would be accurate to say, that my opening the door to myself a bit
on ATS has been helpful. It would also be accurate to say, that going back and
attempting to reconnect to the "old crowd" has also been helpful.

As a matter of fact, I may be experiencing some physical healing of my terrible
medical issue, no doubt as a result of some healing that I'm experiencing by
confronting these last unresolved issues.

Now the remaining issue is whether I let my own feeble voice be heard, in an
effort to assist with the healing of broken, confused and terminally ill
human "spirituality" or whether I do not.

It would be a whisper overwhelmed by a roar.

But then at least I could say that I had tried.

Humans destroy, as they cannot find what they are looking for.

If they were to find what they are looking for, then perhaps.. just perhaps..

Kev

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Nothing ventured...

And thanks for that 'kunda' link as I have general brushing up to do. It's amazing how much one brain can forget...

thinking on that last trailed off thought, no it isn't.

Our brains and nervous systems are nothing if not filters. If we grew aware of a bare fraction of the info we absorb on a second by second basis, then most would be curled in a fetal position.

And that's just the 5 senses and inner dialogue of common agreement... add in the sixth or seventh sense ... and rambling is a sign I should drink coffee and remember how to be a human a bit more before posting.

'Good morning' to anyone wanting one.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Sometimes I feel like we don't really 'fit' in the universe, like it's all been a horrible mistake. Even our own little safe rock explodes in volcanoes and rattles with earthquakes.
To carry on your metaphor, do you think it's maybe time to stop making excuses for the Universe and start to see it for what it really is? How can we learn to see that other 99.7% (approx) ?

One more comment about this lovely comment of yours..

What if our "pot hole Universe" had the same kind of anxiety that humans have?

What it it felt "cut off" and having "nowhere to fit in"

Ejected from "Overworld", "the other", "the Bulk" .. the poor thing.

It's not surprising that it would grow distributed processors (organic beings) in an effort
to figure out why it had been ejected from "the garden of eden".

BTW, I haven't used these words in this way before.. but it's been my primary
observation for somewhere between 5 and 20 years.. it's been slowly forming
that entire time.

Kev

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join