It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

That is a fascinating thought/observation... and one that grows more apt the more one thinks about it... it could explain some ...er, "echoes" in nature.

Poor lil' universe!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

If you have the time for 500+ pages: "A Brief History of Mankind" from Yuval Noah Harari brilliant book and afterwards you know why we don't fit.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Another weird sync for me! (there's been a lot lately) Funny you mention that book.

A couple of weeks ago, before I hurt my back again...I was going through my trunk of books, and realized that I'd lost that one a long time ago. (I pretty much lost everything) I haven't even thought of that book, then suddenly I remember it and then you mention it.
I've replaced a few of my faves, like "Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" and Khalil Gibran's "The Prophet". I also like to re-read "The Celestine Prophecy" (for personal reasons).
I shall have to get another one. I never did read the whole thing.

Edit to add: Years ago my father had a 2nd hand book store. He got boxes of donated books, some really old...lots of non-fiction, yay!! That's how I ended up with some of my weird interests I think.
jacy

edit on 10-3-2016 by jacygirl because: more to say

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I just read it in 3 days.
Celestine is great, teaching empathy!
edit on 10-3-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Regarding the 'Celestine Prophecy'...I like to re-read the section that talks about the 4 distinct types of 'getting energy' from other people...depending on the personality you're interacting with.
(Aloof, Poor Me, Interrogator, Intimidator)....know what I mean?

I can watch people, with that line of thinking in mind...and it all makes perfect sense.

jacy

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Oh it's been a while. Not sure if I remember all of it.
The part that stuck with me, was when you have eye contact with a stranger, you're maybe supposed to talk to them. As it is all about learning. Opportunities.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I don't know how I feel about everything in that book.
I mean, at first...I wanted it to all be true, lol.
(easy answers)

The 'energy exchange' between certain personalities...well that I can see working, especially with myself.

Don't encourage me, lol.
If I stick my head back in books, I won't be online for a while.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

If answers were easy, everyone would find and do them.

Since in 200,000+ years of human activity this has yet to happen, a betting man/woman would say that there are no easy answers.

And since every religion ever invented has hastened the destruction of life on Earth, we can safely throw them all in the crapper too.

I can't wait to start writing again...just need to nail down a few more things.

Kev

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Kev

Haha! Quoted (and copied now) to throw in your face, next time you decide you aren't writing!! (A writer must write!)

nana nana boo boo and all that....
jacy

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Kev

Haha! Quoted (and copied now) to throw in your face, next time you decide you aren't writing!! (A writer must write!)

jacy

Lord in heaven. I wish you could meet my wife. You two would be BFFs.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Kev

jacy

Lord in heaven. I wish you could meet my wife. You two would be BFFs.

I wish I could meet your wife too!
I would impress her with my knowledge of such things as consecrating ill cows...and then we could watch meerkat videos together, whilst yelling over our shoulders at you to 'work on the damn book'.

Somebody has to write a book...doesn't look like it's gonna be me anytime soon...
jacy

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your back.

That's pretty tough going for you, I hope your family is being good to you.

We don't seem to have a clue, really. Other beasts are resprouting arms and legs like there's no tomorrow, sharks whip up a new set of teeth every hour (or something close to that effect
) and we're like a sort of hobbling jack of all trades, making do until ...what? We seem to have an innate sense that there is something more than what we see, but we lack just enough intelligence to figure out what that might be.
It's a cruel joke.
edit on 10-3-2016 by beansidhe because: the irony

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

[ETA: the birds, the bees, and socks! All we need is beer to help get the socks clean and get over our self-conscious animal actions!]

Birds and bees -well spotted.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I'm in a gardening prep frenzy, and my back is seizing. Much healing vies Im sending to the bad back clan.
I have darn sciatica that comes back every so often. Grrrr

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Sometimes I feel like we don't really 'fit' in the universe, like it's all been a horrible mistake. Even our own little safe rock explodes in volcanoes and rattles with earthquakes.
To carry on your metaphor, do you think it's maybe time to stop making excuses for the Universe and start to see it for what it really is? How can we learn to see that other 99.7% (approx) ?

One more comment about this lovely comment of yours..

What if our "pot hole Universe" had the same kind of anxiety that humans have?

What it it felt "cut off" and having "nowhere to fit in"...

I read your comment earlier, but every time I went to reply I had to go and do something which was annoying, but also fair enough really since I was at work.

It really stuck with me, because you have such a good way of taking a comment or idea to the next stage. What if it really is 'as above, so below' but on a universal scale? Picking stories from the stars is one thing, but recognising the cyclical big bangs in the micro ie in us is such a fantastic idea. What if we are just doing the only thing we can do, as wee tiny pieces of the universe ourselves, endlessly forming and dying?

I love the garden of Eden analogy, because it seems to fit so well. Poor universe doesn't 'know' how to go home either.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

My wife is very practical and "earthy".
She almost worships "Game of Thrones".
She is an animal lover to the extreme.
She is very bright.
She is wicked funny.
And her purpose in life is to love me and nagg me daily about my not writing.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I want us to all go home together.

Humans, weasels, cats, meerkats, Donald Trump, Satan/Jesus/Jehovah/Our pothole Universe---
All of us.

I've got to get started. It will take some work.

Kev

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

My wife is very practical and "earthy".
She almost worships "Game of Thrones".
She is an animal lover to the extreme.
She is very bright.
She is wicked funny.
And her purpose in life is to love me and nagg me daily about my not writing.

Wow. She sounds...amazing...and also familiar, rofl...

I think you should keep her.
Maybe also keep me away from her. Might be too much of a good thing!

*waving* at beanie and zazz! (it's my sciatic too!)

jacy

edit on 10-3-2016 by jacygirl because: to wave at beanie and zazz

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oh no, that's meant to be agony. You poor thing, that's so unfair.

I potted up loads of young fruit trees and various shrubs over the winter, since I think we're moving later in the year. They're all starting to bud and I'm so excited (I was worried in case any didn't make it). I can't wait to start gardening again too, although I know it'll just involve even more cuttings to take with us.

I don't know how to send healing back vibes but I'll try hard and cross my fingers you're all better for Spring.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yes, you'll just have to write it now or else you'll end up being cross you never got round to it. If your wife/jacy twins fail to nag you about the book, I'll be happy to step in (different time-zones, we can agree shifts) every now and then.

new topics

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join