It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Canadian Liberation Front

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I doubt you'd be "strung up" in the United States for treason by discussing political options.

Only in your 'designated protest zones'. The west's piddly complaints are the result of stubborn politicians riling up the uneducated masses. And I don't suppose anyone would be angry if parts of vermont starting talking about ceceeding into Canada, would they?

DE

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
The west's piddly complaints are the result of stubborn politicians riling up the uneducated masses.

DE

I was about to take offense at this remark until I realized you were talking about Canada.

I'll leave the indignant rejoinders to someone who lives there.

The feeling of suppression by those of us who live in the west of both Canada and the US is well founded and long lived. I have been hearing this sentiment for as long as I have been alive, and it has gotten worse over time if anything.

I don't think it will change any time soon, as people who live in the east have little or no concept of what life is like here. Only those who have lived here for a reasonable length of time and moved east have a clue.

I am reminded of a couple who came to visit friends here in Montana. They came from Philly, and were very anti-guns and anti-hunting. They even cut short thier visit because they couldn't stand the 'bloodthirsty' hunting season that was currently open. One remark I heard them say was "There is absolutely no reason to EVER shoot a deer."

The amusing thing is that on the way to the airport in thier rented car they hit a deer at 70 mph! Totaled the sucker! What a hoot.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
[Quote] Originally Posted by Thomas Crowne
She's pretty darned smart for a Canadian
She and the rest of Western Canada might lead Canada as a whole out of the dark ages.
[/Quote]

That was uncalled for. Have you actually ever visited Canada or do you just believe everything the west-coast press says about the state of Canada... Trust me Canada has dealt with Terrorists before namely the FLQ. If these guys are smart they won't pull anything. As for you so-called "Canadians" Calling for sessation into thier own country or worse into the USA a poster above put it quite nicely. Thats Treason plain and simple. Have a vote and I bet you any money that the majority will vote to stay. Quebec is really the only anomoly and thats cuz we(as the British) Conquered them. The west coast has been whining for decades. Nothing has happened in the past and nothing will in the near future, except for another failed Quebec Separtist movement. I don't even believe Albertans wan't to separate cuz they got it so good with all the Oil profits that "King" Klien takes credit for, and anyone who can do the math will realize that High Oil prices had more to do with it then anything Klien did.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sorry I've beem away for awhile but this Westerner has to work 7 days a week to be able to afford a comfortable lifestyle in this heavily over taxed country of Canada. I can thank the Liberals for sucking back my paycheck to send Adrian Clark & 100 of her personal assistants on a trip through Russia & Northern Europe. (4 millions dollars)
Why is this thread all about Quebec all of a sudden. Once again Werstern Canadians get put on the back burner so we can talk about Eastern Canada.
Easteners got to stop forcing their views and opinions on us! If you want to keep guns out of toronto - fine- but why should it matter to you if someone in Northern Saskatchewan has a gun? We still have wolf & bear attacks going on. We got super coyotes snatching toddlers. Polar bears eating out of our garbage cans.
Why don't The big Eastern Canadian Banks (CiBC, Bank of Montreal, Toronto Dominion, Royal Bank, & Scotia pay any taxes???????
Canada steam ship lines (owned by our Prime Minister) also don't pay taxes in canada?
The West is mad at Atlantic Canada for voting back in the lying Liberals even though they got caught red handed with the sponsership scandal.
When the liberals came to power Chretien said he would get rid of G.S.T. NEVER HAPPENED!! I'm still paying G.S.T.
Our military is a joke, our health care system is free but what good is it if you get put on a 5 year waiting list to get treatment for Cancer?
Why do our Canadian pollaticians (spelling?) go to the U.S. for medical treatment if our system is so good? Why did chretien get treatment is Florida? Flying in the Taj Ma hal of presidential aircraft made by Bombadier in Quebec I might add.
It is time to realize that if everybody could keep 90% of their paycheck, then they all would have no problem bying health insurance. with massive amounts left over.
Where does all out tax money go????? To pay for the inflated million dollar pensions of our un elected senate! Many who don't even live in Canada anymore. They fly from South America & Europe on tax payer money to come to there meetings and they can never be fired.
Stop voting for what people promise our say and start voting based on what they are doing or have done.
The East also have to stop social engineering the rest of the country. Why was this years miss Universe representive of Middle Eastern Ancestry? Oh yeah to send a warm and fuzzy message of how tolerant Canada is.
Why does Eastern Canada waste millions of dollars trying to get murders & rapists extradited back to Canada to save them from the death penalty of other countries? Let them fry, they are killers.
The best thing that could happen is a meteor smashing into Ottawa!

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Western Canada is sick & tired of being lumped in with liberal Canada. We support the war in Iraq, we love America & Britian. We hate France, Quebec, & Eastern Ontario. We will eventually seperate from the rest of Canada.
B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, The North West territories, & the Yukon all cannot stand the Ontario & quebec, let alone the welfare provs in Eastern Maritime Canada.
We don't support the gun registry!
We don't like how Toronto & Quebec seem to represent Canada's view on things. The Western Canadian Liberation Front is growing. Canada will soon split, even Newfoundland & Labrador stopped flying Canadian flags. Ottawa has got to go.
We want an elected Senate.
King Ralf for president of Western Canada

When ever westerners disagree with Central canada we get called rednecks & hillbillies, & racists, we are tired of it. We want to have a powerfull military.
Anyone agree?

"The welfare provs in Eastern Maritime Canada"??That's a nice thing to say,have you ever been to the maritimes before?

If you want a elected senate and a strong military you should just move to the U.S but then again I doubt the U.S would want any more racist rednecks!

P.S The only thing the west coast has is hilbillies,rednecks,indians, gas sniffers and the spread of disease. You guys can have you're own country you're being over run by the chinese anyway!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
BattleofBatoche,

Are you from Alberta? Honestly, I'm not sure what you are talking about; I think 'King Ralph' is an idiot, personaly, but I'm a bit confused as to why Albertans are hicks?

I'm not a hick....

Deep

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I don't know why Quebec wants to seperate just look at the maritimes we are the poorest provinces in Canada and you don't see us wanting to seperate. People down here are HOPING Quebec seperates we are so sick and tired of Quebecers thinking there better than the rest of Canada.Quebec is going to take another vote in 2009 on weither they should seperate or no ,but if it were up to the rest of Canada, Quebec would be GONE! And if anybody thinks I'm saying this because I don't like french people then they're wrong because I am french I just don't like Quebec!

As for B.C seperating, I would like to see you guys stay as a part of Canada but if you want to leave then there's the door!!

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The west is not going to seperate. The only people who advocate it are Albertans, cranky old men, and excitable young men. No offense to any of them, they all have their own unique charm
Meanwhile the rest of us worry about the real issues facing us, will we get enough snow for the mountains to open early, when will the greens thaw and whether we can keep that pesky whale luna from tipping boats over. This is an absolute non-issue. They just think that because it seems to work well for Quebec they should give it a shot.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Sorry I've beem away for awhile but this Westerner has to work 7 days a week to be able to afford a comfortable lifestyle in this heavily over taxed country of Canada. I can thank the Liberals for sucking back my paycheck to send Adrian Clark & 100 of her personal assistants on a trip through Russia & Northern Europe. (4 millions dollars)

Yes, because it's JUST YOU who's paying for Adrian Clark. You alone, no one else in the whole goddamn country. Suck it up, none of us are happy with that woman.

Why is this thread all about Quebec all of a sudden. Once again Werstern Canadians get put on the back burner so we can talk about Eastern Canada.

Well, maybe that started when you started attacking the East. You know, since Quebec is part of that piece of the country. After all, they have complaints too. Or were you not planning on sharing the soapbox?

Easteners got to stop forcing their views and opinions on us! If you want to keep guns out of toronto - fine- but why should it matter to you if someone in Northern Saskatchewan has a gun? We still have wolf & bear attacks going on. We got super coyotes snatching toddlers. Polar bears eating out of our garbage cans.

Listen up, you sound real whiney. I live in the burbs of Toronto, and I shoot twice to four times a month, handguns. I don't like the gun laws any more than you do. However, your claims of ubercoyotes seem rather unfounded. Even if it were the case, you call the police or the SPCA. Do you really want the local mo-litia shooting up town trying to hit one wild dog?

Why don't The big Eastern Canadian Banks (CiBC, Bank of Montreal, Toronto Dominion, Royal Bank, & Scotia pay any taxes???????

You westerners actually HAVE banks? Those financial institutions are the only ones I've ever seen.

Canada steam ship lines (owned by our Prime Minister) also don't pay taxes in canada?

How come Haliburton gets all the plum contracts from the Iraq War? This is reality. There's no such thing as a clean politician.

The West is mad at Atlantic Canada for voting back in the lying Liberals even though they got caught red handed with the sponsership scandal.

So, would you rather we voted Bloc, or maybe NDP? Clearly, superior choices abound! Perhaps you would encourage us to vote for Harper, the crazed arch-conservative? Oh wait, I forgot how much you love the US. You want to live in a place like the states, and eastern canada is so damn bad- why not just leave? No one is making you stay.

When the liberals came to power Chretien said he would get rid of G.S.T. NEVER HAPPENED!! I'm still paying G.S.T.

Mulroney said a lot of things too, as I recall. Then, he #ed up the country and moved to the states. Do you remember who started taxing us in the 80's, perchance?

Our military is a joke, our health care system is free but what good is it if you get put on a 5 year waiting list to get treatment for Cancer?

Yeah, because these things are cheap, and Canada is an economic powerhouse! Thanks, conservatives, you've screwed us again. Now that we're locked into NAFTA, we have no freedom to market our goods.

Why do our Canadian pollaticians (spelling?) go to the U.S. for medical treatment if our system is so good? Why did chretien get treatment is Florida?

Perhaps this is because the money offered by the states is better than what's offered in Canada. All our best head south for the cash, so the politicians are forced to head south to get the best.

Flying in the Taj Ma hal of presidential aircraft made by Bombadier in Quebec I might add.

Dread Quebec rears its ugly head again! Can't compete, can you?

It is time to realize that if everybody could keep 90% of their paycheck, then they all would have no problem bying health insurance. with massive amounts left over.

That's a funny fiction, because our government and military can't BOTH run on 10% tax. Maybe one or the other. As far as problems paying for healthcare... weren't you whining about how you had to work seven days a week at the top of this post to support it? Oh yes, you were. So, somehow, this pleasant daydream you have seems to be just that. Ask anyone in the states what happened when they suffered serious injury or illness- their pocketbooks took a MASSIVE hit without insurance.

Where does all out tax money go????? To pay for the inflated million dollar pensions of our un elected senate! Many who don't even live in Canada anymore. They fly from South America & Europe on tax payer money to come to there meetings and they can never be fired.

Much like Mrs. Clark, no one likes the Senate. Deal with it.

Stop voting for what people promise our say and start voting based on what they are doing or have done.

Are you sure about that? You still have to live down Harris, much less Mulroney.

The East also have to stop social engineering the rest of the country. Why was this years miss Universe representive of Middle Eastern Ancestry? Oh yeah to send a warm and fuzzy message of how tolerant Canada is.

What? Did she have tusks or something? Maybe she was just beautiful. Can't cope with that, I suppose. Well, don't worry, I'm sure the local stores aren't quite out of white bedsheets yet.

Why does Eastern Canada waste millions of dollars trying to get murders & rapists extradited back to Canada to save them from the death penalty of other countries?

Have they been judged by the Canadian penal system? Can you provide proof of this?

Let them fry, they are killers.

There's a saying: "If you're a Conservative at 18, you're heartless. If you're a Conservative at 40, you're a moron."

Rather, perhaps the best thing that could happen would be a stop to your whining, lest you embarass yourself further.

DE

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think DE summed it up quite well.

Side note to the author, do a little reading. Don't just take what others say as gospel. Half of what you posted is totally inaccurate. And yes I have lived in the west.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Rather, perhaps the best thing that could happen would be a stop to your whining, lest you embarass yourself further.

I love Ottawa.

Its beautifull ya know? The museums in the summer. The blues fest. Buskers feastival. The women in the spring (best in Canada after Vancouver).

Ottawa isn't your problem man. And besides. Any attempt to split up this country will be met with ferious resistence and gun fire. We are one of the only things standing between the US and world domination. They need us for the space weapons program. And we ain't interested. So.. Canada.. whole.. good thing. Canada in little pieces.. easier to pick off and buy up.

Across the country we STILL have more in common with each other then if we are divided or aligned with 'them' .. get me?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
the main problem in Canada is the absence of any alternative viewpoint or voice in our mainstream media....

we're all force-fed the same left wing drivel day after day by cocktail swinging, intellectual/elitist wanna-be's that have no concept of how anyone can possibly live outside the Beaches (Toronto for non-Ontarians)

the author of this thread shares alot of the same frustrations that the SILENT MAJORITY of Canadians are feeling coast to coast

unfortunately, to disagree with the "blue state" Beaches mentality makes all of us uneducated, redneck hicks

sound familar?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am changing the order of the last two statements in your post.

Originally posted by rayzor11
the main problem in Canada is the absence of any alternative viewpoint or voice in our mainstream media...

we're all force-fed the same left wing drivel day after day...
No one is force-feeding anything to you. If you speak of the news you read then you alone inhibit your breadth of knowledge if you choose to buy the Sun because page two is what appeals to you. Expecting to gather the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth in this day and age from newsprint is asking to be force-fed.

by cocktail swinging, intellectual/elitist wanna-be's that have no concept of how anyone can possibly live outside the Beaches (Toronto for non-Ontarians)
Is that so? I lived in the Beaches for a few years, disliked the municipal planning and the Jakobek types with an intensity, and moved to the burbs. So this little tirade of yours is a failed attempt to disguise an obvious feeling of inferiority to those trendy types by the lake.

unfortunately, to disagree with the "blue state" Beaches mentality makes all of us uneducated, redneck hicks
No, it has nothing to do with "blue state" anything, we have no states here in this amazing country, further, we do not have to disagree with you to make you look uneducated, you have done quite a nice job of that on your own with this:

the author of this thread shares alot of the same frustrations that the SILENT MAJORITY of Canadians are feeling coast to coast
Silent means exactly that, silent, in which case you would have no clue as to what frustrations those who are silent are feeling. Would you now?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
She's pretty darned smart for a Canadian, and she's also very nice. And, she has a web site and you can listen to her talk show on the computer! She and the rest of Western Canada might lead Canada as a whole out of the dark ages.

Thats repulsive, how on earth do you manage to spew out these loose cannon remarks and keep your status on ATS? I think your forgetting all the advancements that Canada has provided. I'm not very fond of your remarks, just because Canada doesn't conform to your ways doesn't mean we're inferior in any way.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Then how come the so called silent "majority" didn't go out to vote for Harper eh
Oh I remember the 100% completely true negative campaign ads. Works every time.
Just remind the people what a Canadian Conservative gov't does while in office(ie NAFTA, the "Common Sense" revolution GTA amalgamation etc) Conservatism is on the way DOWN in canada. The right wing has LOST votes in EVERY election since Bull-rony threw Kim Campbell to the wolves.

Thats repulsive, how on earth do you manage to spew out these loose cannon remarks and keep your status on ATS? I think your forgetting all the advancements that Canada has provided. I'm not very fond of your remarks, just because Canada doesn't conform to your ways doesn't mean we're inferior in any way.

Lodge a complaint buds. I'm going to do so soon. Or would a petition be more appropriate.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Lodge a complaint buds. I'm going to do so soon. Or would a petition be more appropriate.

Petition, perhaps. Congradulations, you just earned my Way Above vote.

Now, as for our media...we have conservative voices. The national post is a good example- it does little aside from mock liberals and tell people how Canada should be like the US. Unfortunately, there's nothing in between. Personally, I read the Montreal Gazette if the opportunity arises, or the Star.

DE

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I read the Montreal Gazette if the opportunity arises, or the Star.

DE

Aw c'mon, you can't beat the Sun for the weather.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
I am changing the order of the last two statements in your post.
No one is force-feeding anything to you. If you speak of the news you read then you alone inhibit your breadth of knowledge if you choose to buy the Sun because page two is what appeals to you. Expecting to gather the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth in this day and age from newsprint is asking to be force-fed.

Yup - pg 2 in the Sun is what appeals to me golly gee damn tootin. Bottom line, other than a few far right papers, there is no alternative voice in our mainstream media.

Is that so? I lived in the Beaches for a few years, disliked the municipal planning and the Jakobek types with an intensity, and moved to the burbs. So this little tirade of yours is a failed attempt to disguise an obvious feeling of inferiority to those trendy types by the lake.

Well looky here pardners - we've found ourselves a real down-home beaches intellectual/elitist wannabe...moved away huh? Guess the whole idea of raising a family conflicts with the traditional far left gospel. Inferiority? Failed attempt? Hardly. I live on the lake too...but I guess I can never belong if I don't spout the same drivel over afternoon lattes.

No, it has nothing to do with "blue state" anything, we have no states here in this amazing country, further, we do not have to disagree with you to make you look uneducated, you have done quite a nice job of that on your own with this:

here we go with the uneducated part....knew it wouldn't take too long. We don't have states in Canada? Seriously? Thanks for the update. Now take a look at our last election Einstein - and get out your crayons and color the voting trends in. Tiny bits of concentrated liberal blue (should be red I know, but to back my initial statement we'll color them blue)...and a huge dominating red. Look at all familiar to you? I know the CBC covered the US elections...and I'm sure they posted the US color breakdown too.

Silent means exactly that, silent, in which case you would have no clue as to what frustrations those who are silent are feeling. Would you now?

Let me try and follow your logic(?) here...give me some time, cause I'm one of those uneducated, redneck types....no voice in the mainstream media, almost identical patterns in regional voting as our evil neighbours to the south, etc....but you'll just go on a personal attack with your apparent wealth of knowledge. How is that Humber dilpoma working out anyway?

There is a frustration across Canada, but you won't find that on the CBC, or in the Star, etc...but if you dare to leave the confines of your cookie cutter neighbourhood, and travel across this great country - you will see, hear and feel the frustration. You can feel it from the posts on this thread....but you and your self proclaiming elitist friends will of course dismiss it as uneducated, redneck whining.

Good thing they have Starbucks out in the burbs, huh?

*edit* grammar

[edit on 12-1-2005 by rayzor11]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Then how come the so called silent "majority" didn't go out to vote for Harper eh
Oh I remember the 100% completely true negative campaign ads. Works every time.
Just remind the people what a Canadian Conservative gov't does while in office(ie NAFTA, the "Common Sense" revolution GTA amalgamation etc) Conservatism is on the way DOWN in canada. The right wing has LOST votes in EVERY election since Bull-rony threw Kim Campbell to the wolves.

What did we have as far as turnout last election? 45%? Canadian apathy is only overshadowed by the complete lack of any leadership/charisma of our choices for PM lol.

NAFTA bad??? Take a quick look at that HUGE trade surplus we have...and you still say Free Trade is bad?

Much like Reagan...after all the liberal/socialist ideology inherently fails... Mulroney will go down as one of Canada's greatest PM's....but we can wait 10 years or so to argue that one.

Conservatism on the way down? Explain the huge increase in PC power over such a short period of time, with the weakest of leaders. Explain the Liberals' shift to the right over the past 10 - 15 years. They might call themselves Liberals, but they much closer to the middle than the have ever been in history.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

NAFTA bad??? Take a quick look at that HUGE trade surplus we have...and you still say Free Trade is bad?

Much like Reagan...after all the liberal/socialist ideology inherently fails... Mulroney will go down as one of Canada's greatest PM's....but we can wait 10 years or so to argue that one.

That may be so for the rest of Canada but if he shows his head east of Quebec we may have our first political assassination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join