It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Canadian Liberation Front

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
BattleofBatoche:
I for one, would be very sad to see the country torn asunder, but I do not know why you complain so much, after all, your PC governments are quietly turning over all personal medical information of the west’s citizens to the U.S. Perhaps, this is of benefit to you in that you won’t have need to register if the U.S ever decides to take the country by force, or by chance should the conservatives ever be given the mandate to hand the keys to the country over themselves. I can understand your frustration in us Easterners having halted the conservative agenda to decimate the social structure after Mulroney was shown the curb, and before you could manage to complete your agenda to make all social services privately owned by American firms and then gouge Canadians for these services. Are you disappointed that you are not yet able to brag that Canada matches per capita with the U.S, the number of citizens with no medical coverage? Perhaps you would just rather not hold as high a standard of living and longer life as possible. It must that typical Canadian apologist streak we all share, yours manifesting itself in your vision to be removed from the top ten highest standard of living countries in the world.

I can only presume you lump the territories in with your broken agenda, because you are not aware that only the Yukon shares your party affiliation. And shame on those “welfare” maritime provinces, for 1978-’93 your conservative premiers had the chance to win over Nova Scotians, and they failed. How many more years did you need to reduce the province to a ghetto? You finally manage to wrest NFLD away, and in that first year, the employment rate dipped, but perhaps it is not to your liking yet, until those fishermen can no longer afford to maintain their boats for even the fishing season. And someone forgot to tell you that another freeloading maritime province PEI, has been led by a conservative for 7 years and counting.

Now king Ralf as you call him, yes, quite the fellow isn’t he? Alberta’s Premier for 15 years and counting. I suppose after the previous 17 years of a PC government you finally found a conservative smart enough to take a “broke[sic] down province and turn(ed) it to[sic] an economic powerhouse.” Let us hope the king can manage to keep the money coming in and the beef going out, after all, who will be able to afford to pay for the privately funded medical system he proposes?

Thomas Crowne

She's pretty darned smart for a Canadian
How petty can you be? That doesn’t say much for the poster to whom you replied, does it?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Western Canada is sick & tired of being lumped in with liberal Canada. We support the war in Iraq, we love America & Britian. We hate France, Quebec, & Eastern Ontario. We will eventually seperate from the rest of Canada.
B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, The North West territories, & the Yukon all cannot stand the Ontario & quebec, let alone the welfare provs in Eastern Maritime Canada.
We don't support the gun registry!
We don't like how Toronto & Quebec seem to represent Canada's view on things. The Western Canadian Liberation Front is growing. Canada will soon split, even Newfoundland & Labrador stopped flying Canadian flags. Ottawa has got to go.
We want an elected Senate.
King Ralf for president of Western Canada

When ever westerners disagree with Central canada we get called rednecks & hillbillies, & racists, we are tired of it. We want to have a powerfull military.
Anyone agree?

Wow! This thread is crazy! Although Western Canada may be a little sick of being lumped in with Liberal Canada, the liberals (even with their crazy spending habits), they are the lesser of two evils by far when compared to the Conservatives. Paul Martin may not be very fiscally responsible, but at least he isn't a freakin Nazi stormtrooper like Steven Harper. Harper is a dangerous man, and the more power he seizes, the closer we get to an Orwellian like state...
-Most Albertans DO NOT support the war in Iraq. Klein supports the war in Iraq, not Albertans as a majority. There are only a couple of right wing religious zealots that I know of that "secretly" support Bush and his war, but they never talk about it because there are so many other left wing liberal (but NOT liberal party supporters) around them that will flame their political opinions...
-Unfortunately, there is plenty of anti-american bs all over the place here, but that is because the anti americans voice their opinion more and that gets more media coverage... You never see a liberal backbencher on the news saying how great USA is, but when one of them calls bush an idiot, it gets world headlines... As far as Britain goes, they just never get mentioned one way or the other except for maybe the "follow-the-leader" antics of the naive Blair. But talk of Blair is not talk of the British...
-Albertans do not hate France or hate other Canadian provinces albeit there is always "anti-eastern-canada" (eastern being anything east of Moose Jaw) mouthing going on, but it is harmless (You can't tell me Texans don't mock New Yorkers; just watch King of The Hill...
).
-Western Canada will NEVER separate from Canada, that idea is just pure crap. Although about a decade or more ago there was actually speculation of an idea that Alberta, B.C., Yukon, Washington state, Montana, and Oregon form their own "Nation"... lol
-You are absolutey right. Albertans do not support the gun registry. No one in Canada supports the gun registry, even the people who came up with the nutball idea, but the liberals have dug that hole so deep, there is no getting out of it anymore, so the farce continues...
-Albertans don't like how easterner views represent all of Canada, but that is no ones fault. That is just how population demographics go, isn't it? The majority are "supposed" to have their opinions represented. I guess that will always be a problem when a population is a spread so far and wide in a big country like Canada.
-What the hell is the Western Canadian Liberation Front? never heard of it... Got a link to their website?
-I doubt that any Canadian Province (even Quebec) would stop flying the flag... That is just crazy...
Are there any articles to show which provinces stopped flying the Canadian colors? Yeah... Didn't think so...
-An elected senate would be very beneficial for western Canada, way less beneficial for eastern Canada... Therefore, unfortunately, it will never happen...
-King Ralf for president of Western Canada? How about: "The King is a fink!" and "Off with his head!" (aka, impeach the bugger before it actually happens)...
Your "King Ralph" has not done wonders that you may believe, he has merely took a ride on the coattails of the Albertan booming energy industry. It is annoying when people suggest that Ralph payed off the Alberta debt. It is the oil and gas industry that payed off the debt. Ralph just happened to be the one in office when the boom exploded... And of course since the boom just continued on, so did his premiership. He took credit for something that wouldv'e happened to whoever was in office at the time...
-Albertans do get called Red Neck quite a bit, and of course their is a lot of basis to back that charge, but it is an exagerated stereotype. To refer back to King of The Hill for a moment, Albertans could be like the character, Boomhauer in a way, as they show a tough red neck persona and appearance, but inside the views of the world are alot more liberal than expected...
-Regarding having a big powerful military, most opinions I've known of, certainly think our military is a joke, but at the same time recognize that even if Canada had the money and budget to power up the forces, that money is definetly better spent on more "necessary-at-home" type spending... Or at least that is a convenient excuse to justify not spending billions of dollars that we just don't have on something we just don't need. Canada shouldn't become any sort of an aggressor anyway, just keep maintaining the international policing efforts through the UN (although the UN is a joke too, but that is for another thread).

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronDogg
-What the hell is the Western Canadian Liberation Front? never heard of it... Got a link to their website?

Here's one

These guys want Ontario to join the U.S.

This site supports all of Canada becoming part of the U.S

Here are more links:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hello,

Good points you made.

But the point on the Canadain Flag...yes it did happen, don't remember the site or even what it was about....(Canadian News is just so exciting), so did not read.....but the Title that they stopped raising the Canadian Flag, did catch my attention.

Maybe someone can post a lik to this story.

Y'r Canadain Friend,
Sven

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I believe the Canadian flag took quite a holiday from the Quebec Legislature...years as a matter of fact.

The latest premier of a Canadian province to haul down the Red Maple Leaf from government buildings is Danny Williams. His beef is that the equalization payments made to Newfoundland/ Labrador by the federal government have been clawed back.

The questionable deal was this...if Newfoundland earned $800 million from off-shore reserves, the guv'mint would 'claw back' 70%, leaving them with a paltry equalization payment of only $240 million.

The latest in the 'flag flap' is Williams wiping his *ss with the flag.

go figure

masqua

[edit on 8-1-2005 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
anyway...
here in quebec we don't really care about the rest of the canada
we wanna seperate to...we almost done it in 1995 but lost by 2 percent
or something like that....anyway all we want to do is to be recognized like a distinct nation apart of the rest of the canada
anyway we are french, we have completly other values, we don't support any war, we don't want no gun, don't want to become american ether...

still your canadian friend,
me

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by michboisnard
we don't support any war, we don't want no gun

Have you ever stopped and thought maybe that's the reason you are dominated by others?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by michboisnard
we don't support any war, we don't want no gun

Have you ever stopped and thought maybe that's the reason you are dominated by others?

You have NO idea how Canadian politics works if you believe this. Special provisions have been made towards Quebec for decades. This and the Seperatist movement is why many Canadians hold animosity towards Quebec.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
by who....I don't see anybody dominating me and if you want your country to spend countless billion on war that's your problem...
it's not in our value at all and we are pretty 'OK' living up with that...

[edit on 8-1-2005 by michboisnard]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
But you applaud when people are murdered in Iraq, and you cheer when more powerful IEDs are built and used. That is not the mark of a peace-loving man, Souljah.

i NEVER applaud when people DIE!
i posted the news, from the other side of the propaganda barrier.
remember, there are your people dying out there, and maybe you have the right to know what goes on from another perspective.
dont kill the messenger of bad news.

if you want to see how the real freedom fighters, common people, armed and willing to die for their homes:
yugslavian partisans

Originally posted by jsobecky
No, we are not paranoid. We are just more wary than we once were, because we were attacked by terrorists in the name of their god.

i understand that you are wary, but
sorry,
i dont belive you were struck by frenzy terrorists.
this situation is much more complicated than you and i ever imagined.
"the board" has been set a long time ago "the pieces" are moving,
but we are just spectators of this "play",
and dont know the "scenario", and not the "director", or "producer".
maybe you are right,
maybe i am right,
or maybe we both are wrong.

and it doesnt matter how we argue here, who is right and who is not,
because it wont do any do any good anyways;
innocent people are still dying,
and rich men still get richer.

and thats really sad.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
As long as I can still go to the Montreal Jazz Festival, I am a happy Ontarian.

But I gotta tell ya, I'm getting really tired of playing the Plains of Abraham over and over again.

I wonder how many Americans would welcome a huge portion of North America ruled by France? (I know that's not what you meant, but it would only be a matter of time, wouldn't it?) I'm sure some would have something to say about it.

I still shiver when I remember the President of France coming over here and stating "Vive la Quebec Libre!" Who was that? DeGaul, Mitterand or Chirac...I forget.

I also remember the tanks rolling into Quebec during the FLQ crisis, bombs in mail boxes and the Pierre LaPorte incident.

I did like Rene Levesque, though.

masqua

Altogether not a pretty picture.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You're right I don't know much about Canadian politics, but it seems the Quebecois are whining about being part of Canada because they claim they had no say in it's creation and despite being allowed great freedoms regarding their language and reliance on traditional French legal precedent and procedure rather than the English laws that most of Canada and the U.S. is based on, they still want to secede. All I'm saying is that freedom isn't free and if you think you are being oppressed you should stand up and fight, otherwise sit down and shut up.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by svenglezz
And make no mistake about it...th'r not cowards...it is us...sitting at home in our luxury homes in front of the computer...yes that's right...y'r the coward (and me just as much)and souljar 2, we are the cowards for not doing enough to help.

so guess w'r all wrong...in....a....way....but all kind'a right....but as always, it's only _od who is right (and how we think our simple view could even compare to the hole picture).

Speak for yourself. You are the one who admitted to being a terrorist. The ones sawing heads off are terrorists and cowards. Therefore you are a coward.

I'm doing my part by supporting our troops and paying my taxes so that they have enough bullets and bombs to kill the terrorists. You can do your part by following up on your wish to go to Iraq and fight on the side of the terrorists.

I am tired of arguing with the likes of you and Souljah. Therefore I will depart this thread for now. I feel like I need a bath.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Um, wow. I have heard about the Canadian seperation for a long time now, actually, however, I would like to make a quick statement:

Sven, the creator already stated that he/she did not want to be called a redneck, yet you continue to state that with a nonchalant tone. In the advancement of peace (according to Souljah), can we not respect other's requests?

Just wanted to point that out.

-wD

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I know this is a little off topic but I think it should be addressed. The Seperatist movement has never succeeded because most Quebecers do NOT want to leave Canada. It is the politicians that use this to advance themselves, but seperation will NEVER happen. Basically it's the French politicians, not most of the French people that are whining about seperation. If Leveque (sp?) couldn't pull it off, no one will.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You're right I don't know much about Canadian politics, but it seems the Quebecois are whining about being part of Canada because they claim they had no say in it's creation and despite being allowed great freedoms regarding their language and reliance on traditional French legal precedent and procedure rather than the English laws that most of Canada and the U.S. is based on, they still want to secede. All I'm saying is that freedom isn't free and if you think you are being oppressed you should stand up and fight, otherwise sit down and shut up.

I'm not whinning about anything all I'm sayin is that we have diffenrent values from ''english-canadian'' and U-S and want to be recognized as a nation different from your's we don't want to fight anybody we're a pacifist culture that's believe in ''live and let live''...if you're opinion are so apart from us then let us seperate and let the rest of canada be american and continue to war anybody for ''freedom''....the rest of the world hates americain not canadian...we help people not kill them...

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I know this is a little off topic but I think it should be addressed. The Seperatist movement has never succeeded because most Quebecers do NOT want to leave Canada. It is the politicians that use this to advance themselves, but seperation will NEVER happen. Basically it's the French politicians, not most of the French people that are whining about seperation. If Leveque (sp?) couldn't pull it off, no one will.

Not that it really matters, but isn't that because of the large English-speaking population in Montreal? If the election was held just among the French speakers, it would probably win overwhelmingly, non?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I agree, Intrepid...Rene Levesque was a giant among the paltry bunch of politicians around the trough today.
For a history lesson, if anyone is interested, check this out...

archives.cbc.ca...

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Not that it really matters, but isn't that because of the large English-speaking population in Montreal? If the election was held just among the French speakers, it would probably win overwhelmingly, non?

Maybe 30 years ago. Today I'm not so sure. MB, what do you think?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Maybe 30 years ago. Today I'm not so sure. MB, what do you think?

in the last election most ''quebecois'' feared that harper would be elected..
Stephen Harper is someone who belives in things such as ''Chronic underfunding of Canada’s military and police is a national disgrace and that not only does this compromise our national security and sovereignty, but it has made us an international laughing stock.”

the kind of things we don't want here in quebec.. that's why he never been elected and the majority of french in quebec would have wanted a seperation referendum for sure

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join