It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders vs. Trump the Election of the Century

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I disagree and also that is a sad/mean way to view it. If you work hard in this country, you should be rewarded with affordable healthcare, free college and if you fall on hard times, unemployment. Even doctors and very respectable business people use unemployment when needed. MOst people do not want to depend on "others" but the truth is, most are NOT depending on "others" but using their own money that they paid into the system.

In your defense, there ARE those that take advantage of the system, but its a small percentage. If you are going to constantly cry and whine about a small percentage then I feel sorry for you. You should worry about your spirituality or how to make yourself and others happier instead of being miserable.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I disagree and also that is a sad/mean way to view it. If you work hard in this country, you should be rewarded with affordable healthcare, free college and if you fall on hard times, unemployment. Even doctors and very respectable business people use unemployment when needed. MOst people do not want to depend on "others" but the truth is, most are NOT depending on "others" but using their own money that they paid into the system.

Rewarded? How about reward yourself with what you earn. Free college isn't "free". Healthcare isn't "free". Things in life aren't "free".

In your defense, there ARE those that take advantage of the system, but its a small percentage. If you are going to constantly cry and whine about a small percentage then I feel sorry for you. You should worry about your spirituality or how to make yourself and others happier instead of being miserable.

Why in the hell should I be responsible for others happiness?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Its not free, its paid for in the taxes we give each paycheck, why should you be miserable bc of the small percentage that takes advantage/relies on the system?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Its not free, its paid for in the taxes we give each paycheck, why should you be miserable bc of the small percentage that takes advantage/relies on the system?

Why should I support them?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

better to just stop letting "them" make you so upset.

you are whining about pennies per paycheck, is it worth it to you?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

better to just stop letting "them" make you so upset.

you are whining about pennies per paycheck, is it worth it to you?

Not sure where you get whining. Is it whining when my money is taken to enable someone else? Pennies per paycheck?

If it were only pennies. . . . .

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Do you pay this website to socialize with mere humans. No because you pay the same as the rest of us into that big social program called the net. Health access should work the same.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Do you pay this website to socialize with mere humans. No because you pay the same as the rest of us into that big social program called the net. Health access should work the same.

You might have a point. Healthcare should be purchased. It is a commodity, not a right.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Healtcare is only a commodity because, our capitalistic system claims the earth and her resources for the profit of the few. The only rights left to us is to owe a debt of money to others and death!

Any other rights are a distraction from the loss mentioned above.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Don't think of it as paying to support them. Think of it as paying for social stability to deter desperation and crime and in doing so decrease the threat of harm to you and your family as a result of desperate people lashing out.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

We do pay, it is the access that has been denied by millions before obsmacare. My husband pays Medicare every month and it is affordable.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Don't think of it as paying to support them. Think of it as paying for social stability to deter desperation and crime and in doing so decrease the threat of harm to you and your family as a result of desperate people lashing out.

I like that

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It's the kind of thinking in a thing called enlightened self interest.

It's the realization that what affects others affects yourself, and that taking efforts to prevent certain situations that cause others to act in certain fashions, in turn, helps yourself. That, no matter how much you try to distance yourself from others, what affects them, in turn affects you, and that it is more beneficial to the self to consider these things.

I actually care about others, but a lot of people don't. Some people, who do not have a strong compassionate nature do however practice enlightened self interest.

It's not as good as actually being a compassionate human being, but if this kind of thinking can make a sociopath or a narcissist an upstanding citizen I'm all for it. Not every sociopath or narcissist is a monster. Some are enlightened.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

So it's a protection racket.

If I pay, I won't be a "victim" of a "crime".

But if I don't pay, I get hurt.

Sounds simple enough.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Life is a protection racket if you think about it. Survival is all about making a safe environment for oneself. The best way to create a safe environment is with others. There's strength in numbers. Society is a bunch of people coming together to create that safe environment. This means there's a social contract of sorts between everyone in society to protect each other. A person in poverty or without health care is not protected as they have neither food, shelter or protections should they become hurt or sick.

So you have three choices:

One: remove them from society

Or

Two: You can provide for these basic needs

Or

Three: Accept the increased crime that results in a disenfranchised people no longer feeling they're getting the basic protections of the social contract that is society.
edit on 1/18/2016 by Puppylove because: Better Formatting

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Agreed - this would be very interesting to watch play out. A couple of decades ago you would have put your house on the capitalist winning, but not so sure now. I think Sanders would actually be favourite.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
A Nazi vs a Communist. Great choice here. Both will probably bankrupt us. I see no freedom in either choice.

Looks like it will be 3rd party for me again!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Sanders: Mayor 1981-1989, U.S. representative 1991-2007, senator 2007 - current.

Trump - Nothing.

I'm going with someone who has actually been involved in politics. Enough said.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I don't expect you and the many others like yourself to understand concepts as "helping others" or "caring for those in need".

I was once like you, quick to judge, cared only for myself, it made me miserable. I knew something had to happen but didn't know what, I moved...became more "enlightened" and found others like my new self and steered clear of the judgmental, hateful, arrogant people in my past. Life is so much better.

Tis sad bc I would love for everyone to use their chance to become a better person and have access to a better life but you have to admit you might be wrong in order to change lanes in life...but if you do...it all falls quickly into place and you are liberated.

Enough of the hippie talk:

Politics is coming down to 2 divisions of people:

Those who are enlightened and those who are not.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I don't expect you and the many others like yourself to understand concepts as "helping others" or "caring for those in need".

How arrogant. You know nothing about what I do.

I was once like you, quick to judge, cared only for myself, it made me miserable. I knew something had to happen but didn't know what, I moved...became more "enlightened" and found others like my new self and steered clear of the judgmental, hateful, arrogant people in my past. Life is so much better.

Good for you. Why are you trying to force me to pay more for others?

Tis sad bc I would love for everyone to use their chance to become a better person and have access to a better life but you have to admit you might be wrong in order to change lanes in life...but if you do...it all falls quickly into place and you are liberated.

Enough of the hippie talk:

Politics is coming down to 2 divisions of people:

Those who are enlightened and those who are not.

Bull.

It's not "enlightened" to have the government take more of my money. It's not "enlightened" to accept government control over my choices and freedoms.

Charity is actually giving.

Allowing others to take from you is not charity, it is not enlightenment, it is being weak and not in control.

healthcare is not a right. A right is not something that is dependent on another.

This is justifying government control and government theft. It is not enlightened.

Keep telling yourself that if it helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join