It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders vs. Trump the Election of the Century

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
Queen, I agree 150% with this statement -

I think Trump would be a fantastic job creator. But, too many people now aren't really interested in working. They just want their government nanny to take care of their every little need.

With a business man at the wheel, jobs would be created. .. . Too many however, like the easy way out and will still take gov. Aid over freedom.

And not just any businessman. Trump is a builder. He knows more than just a suit that sits around manipulating accounts. He is a producer and a generator of jobs in the truest since of the word. On top of that, he understands the mechanics of business, production, accountability, and negotiating deals to get the best one for the buck.

At first, his NY mouth bothered me a bit, but as I am getting to know him, I am beginning to like that matter-of-fact-tell-it-like-it-is-and-don't-worry-about-all-that-pc-bs-get-the-job-done way about him.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's not about zip codes.

It's about specific partisan voting pockets.

A non-answer, that.

If someone claims these multi-generational tit-suckers exist, then we need to know where.

So - yes, if you can pinpoint the "specific partisan voting pockets", please do so. Then we'll know which communities need the first aid......

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I bet the majority of people in poverty in the largest cities vote Democrat.

Can't understand why either.

The Democrats are not getting people out of poverty.

The Growth and Spread of Concentrated Poverty, 2000 to 2008-2012

Among the 10 largest cities, Philly has highest deep-poverty rate

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Buzzy, I know you are not research challenged, but I may be wrong. There have been many studies done on this. I have done the research. You can, too, if you are really interested. If you just want to bait the worm for some kind of argument, I'm not playing. But, to help you out, remember the discussion during and after the Katrina disaster about government's role in maintaining the culture of dependency across generations. Start with New Orleans.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I don't vote on party lines, but I'm guessing it's because the left tends to at least pretend they care about ending poverty. The right tends to say, "your all lazy no good government tit suckers, go screw yourselves, me, me, me." It doesn't put much confidence in those impoverished that the right cares about their problems, as the rights solution is that there is no problem except the people at the bottom being one and all lazy.
edit on 1/17/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Neither are the Republicans.

They're actually pushing for the .1% to have their taxes cut even further, and to go to war.
WAR! WAR!

REBUILD THE MILITARY!!!

Yeah - that's gonna help.
Meanwhile, all you rich folks can "Just keep your hoard off-shore, ya know...cause these rubes, well...PFFftt!!
Who cares????? I mean really?"

Nonsense.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

But, to help you out,
LOL!!!!

To help me out, present some actual research, and post some actual statistics with actual sources that aren't Glenn Beck.

Please.
Thank you kindly.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
originally posted by: redoubt
a reply to: AlienView

redoubt:
Sanders vs. Trump the Election of the Century

AlienView: These two are about the most opposite, furthest politically flung candidates ever in my six decades of life.
One borders on being a devout communist and the other, a devoted fascist.

They are both running as the extremes (left and right) within the SAME party they are NOT representing: Libertarian. How does this happen; they do not recognize this? How did Libertarian ideologue seep into both Rep/Dem Platforms to be expressed in this most surprising way by two candidates with no clue what principles they are actually expressing; that of the Libertarian core beliefs.
edit on 17-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

But, to help you out,
LOL!!!!

To help me out, present some actual research, and post some actual statistics with actual sources that aren't Glenn Beck.

Please.
Thank you kindly.

Just as I thought. You don't really care about researching these facts for yourself. You just like to bait and argue. Nope. I don't play that game. I'll suggest it again....start with New Orleans. Now don't be lazy about it. You can do it. Start with Google if you like. It's easy. I promise. You will be amazed.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Most of that is just the "Left" blaming the "Right" for the "Left's" own failures.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Just as I thought. You don't really care about researching these facts for yourself. You just like to bait and argue. Nope. I don't play that game. I'll suggest it again....start with New Orleans.

You don't play that game?

Okay - Neither do I. I'm 57 years old, and have decades of education and knowledge and life experience behind me, and I will not kowtow to you just because you want me to. You posited that there is a set of data backing up your claims.
So - you need to post your own sources. You need to show your work.

Don't be lazy. This is a thesis you're writing. Don't tell the reader to do their own lookup. Maybe you've never been to grad school, I don't know. Maybe you've never had to write a paper and support your position with citations.......
if not, just say so!!!!

Otherwise, please provide your sources/footnotes/citations. Or the premise is a Fail.

(I do like to bait, though. I'll admit that.
Also, toss softball pitches.)
Now - nibble or bite. Swing or miss. Strike out. You're up.

edit on 1/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Using a baseball analogy: This reminds me of some persons wanting me to give up years of research regarding 'arcane' teachings they are as yet unwilling to step up to that plate; (commitment) yet want the long ball home run easy answers (these truths are hidden for a reason, one must work for them); otherwise call it foul. Batter up.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy I don't think those sacrifices are due to lack of initiative on the part of citizens. I think people hope for government protection from corrupt and omnipotent corporations.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Exactly. Regardless of political leanings, we need to put our money where our mouths are and support politicians who believe what we believe, even when they're not part of the big 2 parties. Some local elections are decided by dozens and hundreds of votes, and decisions made at the local level impact us more than most federal decisions do.

a reply to: dogstar23
Haha, nope! Election season is big media for large parts of the media. So they're going to exploit a Bernie vs Trump matchup worse than you can imagine. Remember the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse stories & the 2014 Ebola hysteria? It's going to be at that level. (note: I'm not sure why, but that both excites and depresses me...)

a reply to: Spider879
But can he tone it down? And will his supporters still accept him if he toned it down? Or would they say he sold out to the "PC machine" (whatever that means)? And even then, this is the age of the millenials & internet memes. There's no way we're going to let him or anyone else forget the stuff he's said up until now. Youtube & twitter are full of too many examples for that to happen (kind of like how Hillary will never live down the "we came, we saw, he died" comment).
edit on 17-1-2016 by enlightenedservant because: used "worst" instead of "worse". grrr...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: DBCowboy I don't think those sacrifices are due to lack of initiative on the part of citizens. I think people hope for government protection from corrupt and omnipotent corporations.

So people go to corrupt government to save them from corrupt corporations.

ha

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Totally agreeing the OP. There is less political jargon with these two candidates, and while they are opposing in the way how things should be solved, they are speaking to pretty much the same audience. AND they both are DISappealing the same audience - elite - both financial and political.

So, it will be for once en election where audience needs to be convinced, the right person for the job really WILL GET THE JOB DONE. Because, there is quite much to do as well...

Almost right, but less taxes for the rich means elites probably prefer Trump.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
POLITICS JAN 15 2016, 8:51 AM ET
How to Watch the NBC News-YouTube Democratic Debate

If you guessed that you can watch the Democratic presidential debate on NBC News and YouTube on Sunday, you are correct.

Coverage online from South Carolina will begin at 8 p.m. ET and, you'll be able to see a stream on NBCNews.com and also YouTube.com/NBCNews.

If the big screen is your thing, you'll be able to view the debate on your television through your local NBC station starting at 9 p.m. ET..........

See whole article here:
www.nbcnews.com...

Now if you really believe these debates have much meaning, how about cross debates between say the top two
Democratic and top two Republican candidates now before the nominations. Say: Hilary and then Sanders vs. Trump.
etc. Then we would get some idea how their candidacies and ideologies would play out if they win their parties
nomination.

edit on 17-1-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I keep telling my mildly interested husband that it's like the "final four" tournament.....he says he'll wait til the final game.

I understand that.
I usually only watch championship games (regardless of sport being practiced) when it's down to the last teams standing. This huge pool of candidates has put off lots of people who want the field to be narrowed down to a reasonable level on the GOP side.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Okay.....

it would not be (was not) hard for me to come up with my own sources and citations to dispute what queen says.

It might be hard for her, however, to shore up her opinion using actual, credible, historically accurate, scholarly studies and sources to support her so-called facts.
/shrug
edit on 1/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Okay.....it would not be (was not) hard for me to come up with my own sources and citations to dispute what queen says.
It might be hard for her, however, to shore up her opinion using actual, credible, historically accurate, scholarly studies and sources to support her so-called facts./shrug

Well for me; my answer would be this to Queen "I have an extensive library and you are welcome to read any or all volumes" for the next 20 years and tick tack toe the information that eventually brings you into enlightenment (NO BIBLES unless you twist my arm). How does one in a paragraph or two defend a lifetime of "that which is true or resonates" and I cannot explain it...'Footnote Vethumanbeing' isnt my name. Hard core facts are not part of this paradigm anymore; more like fly by ones wits with ones acquired knowledge as information is now so plastic/maluable imperfect yes, but fits the moment of stating such (2 seconds later great blocks of opinion changes). I see this with Tweeting what took days of accumulating /coagulating information takes minutes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join