It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Jesus doll sparks complaints for being 'offensive to Christians'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

First off a Black Jesus is very very very old school some came from Coptic Christians or Eastern Orthodox ,but they also show show up in western Europe in places like Spain, France Portugal Eastern Europe and Eurasia Poland and Russia, Turkey and Armenia ,so while some of us moderns think this is P.C or multi-culti gone awry you need to rethink that.
Second "Black" and middle eastern are not mutually exclusive blacks have been in the so called Middle East since the first modern man walk out of Africa down to the present, and no!! before someone say it they weren't all bought there by slavery.
Last Jesus as we know him never existed Black or not , but the early Church clearly took earlier images of the Kemetic mother and child Isis and Horus and incorporate them in their new version of an old belief .

All this shows me is more evidence that Jesus and God are a folk story used by many cultures where the "meat" of the story stays the same, but the variations are made for the particular culture.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentCamacho

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I think I will make a nativity scene next year depicting Jesus as a transgender child. All the wise"men" will be in drag. Something similar to this:

But they are all white. Stop being racist.

Damnit! Totally missed that in my checklist of making sure everything I post is PC and unoffensive to anyone.....

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Historically accurate depiction of... What exactly...? Yes, it is a well known fact that the Seven Dwarfs from Snow White were present at the Nativity. One of them at any rate, Doc from the looks of it, but he's white so it's ok, folks.

C'mon guys is this a joke? Personally, I think it's just as cute a baby Jesus as any other baby Jesus, and baby Jesus may (or may not) have been that dark but he was sure darker than Europeans. People get their panties in a bunch over the darndest things.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: OhOkYeah
This is disgusting

The son of GOD is absolutely NOT black

Yeah! He most certainly, probably wasn't black. He was Middle Eastern!

Actually, that would depend on whether he got any of his mother's genes or not. Remember, He didn't come from Joseph's loins.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Jesus was born in the Middle East so more likely to look like a Syrian or Palestinian baby, you know the ones that scare the crap out of you all. The ones you don't want entering your country

Nobody knows, unless there's a 2000 year old prophet still around. He was born by immaculate conception.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

a reply to: MystiqueAgent

The member 'OhOkYeah' is actually making a claim that not only was Jesus not black, but that it would be 'disgusting' to claim that he was.

Uh-oh, do I sense some offended feelings over a poster being politically incorrect?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

This is disgusting

Actually, that would depend on whether he got any of his mother's genes or not. Remember, He didn't come from Joseph's loins.

The Jesus you know didn't come from any body's loins he was made up.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hmm people seem to get offended if you put a holiday ham in place of jesus as well...hmmph.

it's not ham but it's close.

Sons of Ham? geddit?
edit on 18-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

This is disgusting

Pretty sure a woman gave birth to him. Hence he came from her loins.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

This is disgusting

Pretty sure a woman gave birth to him. Hence he came from her loins.

The guy that walked on water by denying the laws of gravity, reanimate a corpse is or was a real dude that came from someone's loins???

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Just more rampant conservative correctness. Special snowflake Christians with their white Jesus...

I hope they realize that any depiction of "white Jesus" is just an Arab in white-face. The whole phenomenon is like a Lawrence Olivier in reverse!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well at least they could have made it Aborigine with kinky blond hair..geez... it is Australia. Oh BTW we are talking about a town of 14,000 so we might be having this heavy debate over what 12 people there who think he should be white. Lol

Maybe we can find someone who thinks he should be a green alien and we can talk about that too.. Sometimes I wonder about these posts and what the true agenda is.

edit on 18-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Hmm people seem to get offended if you put a holiday ham in place of jesus as well...hmmph.

it's not ham but it's close.

Sons of Ham? geddit?

Well thank God Jesus is Christian and not Muslim or you would be in big trouble mister....

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: MystiqueAgent

ok wait a damn minute...

a black santa is just out of line

Really?

He's part of my Christmas every year. I picked him up at JC Penny's a few years back. Here he is this year!

And yes...that is an Amazon Echo...(the only time it gets used is when something on TV activates it, save your money).

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

This is disgusting

Black Jesus died for you sins just so you can blaspheme him? You are lucky that Black Jesus is a god of mercy.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Akragon

Okay a Transexual rasta jesus? I can't wait to see some faces when that happens

Well if Jesus's only DNA came from his mother, that means it would have been impossible for him to have been born with a penis. So if he's presenting as a man, I guess that would make him a transman.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
As a Christian that takes in the bible as a whole and takes into consideration the ten commandments, technically we aren't supposed to make idols of God or God's son, Jesus Christ.
Exodus 20:4-6 the second commandment.
Link,
www.bibletools.org...
If one is to think what Jesus might look like, we should think, Middle Eastern.
I'm not offended by a black baby Jesus, we don't know what he looked like. I've met a half Irish half, Iranian person who was pretty dark skinned with coarse, thick dark hair.
When I was little I watched a t.v. show called Good Times that had an episode considering whether Jesus was black. It didn't bother me then when my mind was young and fresh, it doesn't bother me now.
This story is another example of certain Christians putting true Christianity to shame. There are good Christians out there who follow what Jesus taught, put God above all else and to love one another, I've met some of the best Christians and they aren't the ones in the media. A true Christian doesn't need the spotlight to preach what it means to be a Christian, that's why they are so hard to find, but they are out there!

Christians are not to worship idols, you have quoted the Old Testament, the Jewish law

There is a serious disconnect between what you think it says and who it is said to
Idol worship is forbidden, not making anything anyone can call an idol

You don't understand Christianity.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

That is just morality wrong, Santa has a white beard. Isn't anything sacred anymore...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

This is disgusting

Whatever it takes to make yourself feel better about not believing.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: OhOkYeah

Yes what the average male of christs time period & geographic location would probably have looked like.
So yes jesus more than likely looked similar to that depiction.

But sure just a waste of time since it doesn't fit your religulous fantasies of what christ looked like.

K~

Everyone knows he was middle eastern. But to pretend like they can map out the facial features of a person that might not have existed is absolutely haram.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join