It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Jesus doll sparks complaints for being 'offensive to Christians'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: cuckooold

Just shaking my head trying to understand why people would take offense to this. The doll still represents the God Christians believe in. I'm white and considering the area where Jesus was supposed to be born, he most likely would be of middle eastern decent. So I'm sure the representations depicted by the white majority is bias, lol.

I lump this in with the same thread about a Christmas picture made in jest. There's a lot more dire problems in this world than getting upset about the color of a doll in a nativity scene. Some people have way too much time on their hands, lol.

Come on, now. You know full well why some people are angry about it. Just remember this, America was racially segregated by Jim Crow laws until 1964. And interracial marriages were illegal throughout the American Southeast until the 1967 Supreme Court case Loving v. Virginia. And American conservatives fought against racial integration measures, particularly with policies & movements like the "Massive Resistance" and the "race mixing is communism" crap. (like this)

In other words, a lot of the people who wanted racial segregation are still alive right now. And what do you think they taught their kids? I think it'll take another 50-70 years before people fully get past this crap.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
God has no son, so the question whether he's black or not is irrelevant

Anyway, Christians don’t know whether Jesus is God or son of God

It’s pretty absurd!

And to put race in it is another form of sectarian madness and ignorance

Europeans in any mainstream context will NEVER make Jesus anything other than white because white supremacy is so ingrained in the Western mind it can't accept anything associated with God if it isn't white

That’s their sickness

edit on 18-12-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Well thank God Jesus is Christian and not Muslim or you would be in big trouble mister....

Please tell me you know he was Jewish...or is the facetiousness button failing us again?

OK being a joke let me reword it for ya...

Well thank God Jesus is a part of the Christian faith and not the Muslim faith (though they do recognize him) or you would be in big trouble mister.

Feel Better?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: THEatsking

originally posted by: OhOkYeah
This is disgusting

The son of GOD is absolutely NOT black

Hopefully you're just trolling, because otherwise you're simply a # racist.

Is Jesus of African descent or not? I'm not sure you can call Middle Eastern countries African descent...

What's the "Middle East"? That entire region is both Western Asia and Northern Africa. And nearly all of the Bible happened in Western Asia and North Africa (especially if you accept the Aramaic Pes-hitta instead of the Greek versions).

How about the middle of the Middle East lol. The only country in the middle east that is a part of African Continent is Egypt who do not see themselves as Africans. When I said Middle East I didn't suggest land boundaries of 2000 years ago, so what is your point?
edit on 18-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

jesus was mixed race. and i can prove it. and have already proven it.

edit on 18-12-2015 by John333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

It’s pretty absurd!

I'm sure if you really wanted to know you can ask anyone in a christian church and I'm sure they can explain it to you and not just say... Wow great question, we do not know... lol

Europeans in any mainstream context will NEVER make Jesus anything other than white because white supremacy is so ingrained in the Western mind it can't accept anything associated with God if it isn't white

Boy you are full of it... Go to South America and Jesus is brown, go to Africa and he is Black, hell go to Korea and there are a lot of Korean looking Jesus there too. Much of the West is White so guess what Jesus is...lol It is such a stupid argument and one that people like you seem to enjoy so can get your jollies by vomiting your white supremacy,racist, down with the man bull crap propaganda.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Well thank God Jesus is Christian and not Muslim or you would be in big trouble mister....

Please tell me you know he was Jewish...or is the facetiousness button failing us again?

OK being a joke let me reword it for ya...

Well thank God Jesus is a part of the Christian faith and not the Muslim faith (though they do recognize him) or you would be in big trouble mister.

Feel Better?

Yes...the irony is that he was a Rabbi (but that makes some Christians twitch). Never mind that Leviticus puts the kibosh on pork, anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: John333

You can't even prove he existed. Nor can anyone else. So, yeah... there's that.

link   
a reply to: John333

Ye olde double post.
edit on 18-12-2015 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes...the irony is that he was a Rabbi (but that makes some Christians twitch). Never mind that Leviticus puts the kibosh on pork, anyway.

All of it was Jewish, Jesus and who he preached to etc. Kind of hard to be Christian before Jesus, I guess you could be Gentile, but Jesus didn't even preach to them and kept just to the the Jews.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It’s pretty absurd!

I'm sure if you really wanted to know you can ask anyone in a christian church and I'm sure they can explain it to you and not just say... Wow great question, we do not know... lol

Boy you are full of it... Go to South America and Jesus is brown, go to Africa and he is Black, hell go to Korea and there are a lot of Korean looking Jesus there too. Much of the West is White so guess what Jesus is...lol It is such a stupid argument and one that people like you seem to enjoy so can get your jollies by vomiting your white supremacy,racist, down with the man bull crap propaganda.

A Chinese Jesus?

Where talking about historical accuracy here.

They made Jesus white because they wanted him to be white.

Sure people have a right to reflect any story within their cultural environment when there just conveying a message, until when historical accuracy is called for then they should adhere to it and not still maintain great people only being of their race.

One day they'll try to make Martin Luther King white!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

A Chinese Jesus?

People all over the world make Jesus as they are, period. If you want to be historical he was Jewish, so a black Jesus is as inaccurate as a white Jesus would be lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Whoa...puts a whole new meaning to putting Jews into the oven.

edit on 18-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

any of the early and middle denominations used to paint & sculpt the Prophet Moses/Musa with horns. Basically

This was among the last vestiges of Kemetian influence filtered through the Greek as a Amun/Zeus , If I am not mistaken George Washington was sculptured as Jupiter/Zeus/Amun

Alexander as Amun.

Moses as Amun.
Like I said earlier perhaps one of the reasons for the Black Jesus and Mary is their Kemetian connection.

Byzantine rendition of Abraham and Sarah's meeting with the Pharaoh.
note the Pharaoh and his body guards are Black Abraham and Sarah are depicted as white., or Greek like.

Both Pagan and then Christian Greeks drew from older traditions, not exclusively Kemetian but they took a lot from them.
edit on 18-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I never said Jesus was black or any race.

I was merely saying that historical reality likely says he wasn't European but brown or light skinned Asiatic.

To me it doesn't matter. I take his teachings for what their worth

and his true teaching are worth their weight in GOLD to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

For gods sake people the guys name is JESUS when was the last time you met a white or black guy named JESUS.

JESUS is clearly trumps archenemy from south the border. Jesus was spanish case closed.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

A Chinese Jesus?

People all over the world make Jesus as they are, period. If you want to be historical he was Jewish, so a black Jesus is as inaccurate as a white Jesus would be lol.

But Jews and other Laventines included Blacks take this passage for example.

Shem was especially
blessed black and beautiful, Ham was blessed black like the
raven, and Yapheth was blessed white all over

Pirke De-Rabbi Eliezer 23
archive.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I wonder what Jesus himself would think about racism?

The man described in the NT I think would have a very low opinion of any kind of racism.

White folks don’t understand the perspective of black people who have been victims of racism historically and the fact is the majority race has tried to whiten everything humans hold valuable

But do you folks know that there was once a period in time, Jesus’ time for instance, where race wasn’t even recorded.

That’s why reading the bible you don’t read anything like: he was black or brown or white or any reference to color.

All this nonsense was started by 17th and 18th century racists from Europe who wanted to justify their crimes against black and brown people.

The White Greeks didn't rarely even say Egyptians were brown or dark, the subject wants even broached.

This color thing is a new invention of that sick creature who always creates evil---MAN

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Go to South America and Jesus is brown, go to Africa and he is Black, hell go to Korea and there are a lot of Korean looking Jesus there too. Much of the West is White so guess what Jesus is...

This is what I think too, and it's perfectly normal and acceptable. I don't see what all the fuss is about.
He was born in an Arabic country of Jewish parents, so I guess he looked like them.. like his parents. I don't understand getting upset over the modern images.

So are we going to start getting so upset about it that we start killing those who paint portraits we don't like?

Let's don't. In fact, let's not even scold them.

edit on 12/18/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
One of my favorite episodes of Good Times

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join