It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Jesus doll sparks complaints for being 'offensive to Christians'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

So enough with "Black Baby Jesus"....it's stupid and erroneous.

Yes. I was sorry to see this absurdity on the front page again this morning. We need to let this go. Let this thread go, among several others on the front page and stop giving so much attention to events that are clearly meant to cause more derision and animosity.

This site has become a breeding ground to proliferate hate among our own people. And it's User-content generated, so the members are doing it.

It is really worth a few stars to add to divisions among our own citizens?

I think the 'division' is caused by those that want to revise history and science...that is THEIR goal, the goal of Multi-Culturalism and Liberal Revisionism....but point taken...on to another thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: John333
a reply to: Raggedyman

Jesus never worked on the sabbath. NEVER! and this is what the jews could not understand.

The labour of love is no work atall in the eyes of God.

its kinda like, if you love what you do u never work a day in your life.

it is different from working for money. working for money on the sabbath is breaking the sabbath. but working for love and to serve and alleviate suffering IS NOT.

so if you are a chef, who closes his restaurant on sundays to keep the sabbath, and a man comes to your door hungry and homeless asking for something to eat. and you prepare a meal and feed him. you have not broken the sabbath.

I could argue the symantics but your point is valid, my bad
I agree, sadly people are confusing the law with love and compassion

My point was not placing the law above love, sadly I didn't portray that accurately

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
its. a. DOLL. lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Akragon
Fortunately we are also told "coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory", so that will be something to look out for.

I can't help but wonder if that power and glory will be a match for our machine guns and lazers...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
"Black Jesus doll sparks complaints for being 'offensive to Christians"

I wonder if the offended christians checked the 'doll' for anatomical accuracy...

Å99
edit on 4-1-2016 by akushla99 because: Some people just don't have a life

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I don't imagine anyone would have the strength to hold them, or even reach for them.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
All the Black Jesus/White Jesus stuff aside, I am pretty certain that "Doc" from Snow White was no where near Bethlehem.
edit on 4-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I think it's bogus
This is the first I heard of it
So what
As for the argument of what colour Jesus was
Some say he was Hebrew
But when he told the people he was the light
Someone from the crowd said our savor
Will not come from the other side of the river
Meaning he was a gentile
Because the Hebrews and gentiles lived
Separately

Then Jesus said the light shall shine upon
The Israelites
Meaning the savour of the Israelites is a gentile

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I don't imagine anyone would have the strength to hold them, or even reach for them.

I was thinking more Anti-Christ scenario...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
What we were talking about two weeks ago was the real one returning, so I replied on that basis.
The anti-Christ would, by definition, not be coming backed by the power of God. He would presumably be walking about on the earth in human form, having prepared the way for himself by encouraging the modern idea that this is how the real one would return.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Black Jesus has been done before.

The TV sitcom from the 70's, Good Times.
en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

The verses of revelations 1:14-15 mentioned was different in various version of the bible.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

The verses of revelations 1:14-15 mentioned was different in various version of the bible.

Well honestly the description in The Book of Revelation is not to be taken literally anyway. How can we know this? Well if you go down one verse (to verse 16) it also says he is holding stars in his hand and has a sword coming from his mouth...
Just saying.
edit on 4-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
We are suppose to ACT like Jesus, not look like him. He was not a narcissist, bigot, or racist so his image was not important to preserve or someone would have.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

too many alledged " gods " turn out to look just like the worshipers - funny how that happens

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh, so it's ok for those bunch to make statues of WHITE baby jesus, but it's completely wrong and unethical if someone makes a doll of black jesus?

At the end of the day Jesus was black, he's described in the bible as having lamb wool like hair, as are most biblical figures, and the only groups with lamb wool hair are black and middle eastern. No white people have lamb wool hair, so the probability of Jesus, if he existed, being white, are none.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A black or any Jesus other than white will ruin any film makers career if they try to portray Jesus as any thing other than white and not middle eastern like he really was.

Probably looking like a modern day Hispanic, Arab, or Iranian.

Definitely not blond and blue eyed.

It won’t happen from Hollywood that they portray the people of the biblical heritage as Middle Eastern.

Back in those days you didn’t have this racial obsession that’s why you don’t read in the scriptures who is black, brown or white.

You also don’t even read this racial nonsense in few of the ancient non biblical literary works.

It is an indictment on today’s "civilization" of racism where even the ancient man wasn't that stupid!

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme
Oh, so it's ok for those bunch to make statues of WHITE baby jesus, but it's completely wrong and unethical if someone makes a doll of black jesus?

At the end of the day Jesus was black, he's described in the bible as having lamb wool like hair, as are most biblical figures, and the only groups with lamb wool hair are black and middle eastern. No white people have lamb wool hair, so the probability of Jesus, if he existed, being white, are none.

That is not true all the time, while it is very rare there are some white folks who carries the gene for wholly hair, but as to your point according to the bible his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace.
biblehub.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join