It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Jesus doll sparks complaints for being 'offensive to Christians'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
oh the joy - at this alledged time if " good will to all men " * idiots are argueing furiously about what colour thier imaginary friend is

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I hope he is an Irish ginger Jesus next tbh.
Or a Chinaman.
Oh and gay and as camp as they come also.

So a gay Irish/chinese ginger camp Jesus please next please God.
edit on 18-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

No man...

Hes coming back Rastafarian

There's signs everywhere

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Okay a Transexual rasta jesus? I can't wait to see some faces when that happens

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Actually, we know how he's going to come back.
The natural inference from the New Testament is that he comes back in the same body that he had when he left in the first place, the body in which he had been living and which was raised from the dead.
So speculation about the form of a "new body" is unnecessary, because there won't be one.

edit on 18-12-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

and WHEN do your " inferences from the bible " indicate he SHOULD have returned ?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
That kind of controversy would take us beyond the topic of the thread (i.e. what Jesus should look like). I'm not going to get into it.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's not saying much though is it?

We haven't got a clue what he looks like...

I guess we just look for the guy with the holes in his hands?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Fortunately we are also told "coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory", so that will be something to look out for.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Jesus might have been black - everyone talks logic and ethnicity.
Jesus was born of an immaculate conception - everyone just nods "that's the ticket!"

He was made up.... he was invisible. Like his dad.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Heh heh heh. You should all see the "Black Madonna" statues and paintings, too. Judging by many of the reactions to the OP, I'm guessing many of you don't even know what I'm talking about LOL. Here's a brief wikipedia summary to jog your memories (though a google image search will make it even more clear):

A Black Madonna or Black Virgin is a statue or painting of Mary in which she is depicted with dark skin, especially those created in Europe in the medieval period or earlier. The Black Madonnas are generally found in Catholic countries. The term refers to a type of Marian statue or painting of mainly medieval origin (12th to 15th centuries), with dark or black features.[1] The statues are mostly wooden but occasionally stone, often painted and up to 75 cm (30 in) tall. They fall into two main groups: free-standing upright figures or seated figures on a throne. The pictures are usually icons which are Byzantine in style, often made in 13th- or 14th-century Italy. There are about 450–500 Black Madonnas in Europe, depending on how they are classified. There are at least 180 Vierges Noires in France, and there are hundreds of non-medieval copies as well. Some are in museums, but most are in churches or shrines and are venerated by devotees. A few are associated with miracles and attract substantial numbers of pilgrims.

It's a shame how times have changed. There was a time when skin color simply didn't matter. Now some people freak out just at the thought of this. Sucks to be them.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Be a bit boring If we were all just Blue or some one colour wouldn't it.
I just found a photo of a Chinese ginger girl
Blooming beautiful.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: MystiqueAgent

Next people will be telling me cupid and the tooth fairy are black...

Or Adam and Eve!!

Well, the oldest discovered Hominids were Africans. And so were the oldest Homo Sapiens (by a long shot). So...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Be a bit boring If we were all just Blue or some one colour wouldn't it.
I just found a photo of a Chinese ginger girl
Blooming beautiful.

I agree. People should appreciate our variations, not hate each other over them. Humans come in so many different colors and patterns.

Pitch black, dark brown, medium brown, tan, reddish brown, pink, peach, golden/caramel, greenish brown ("olive"), polka-dotted ("freckles"), patched skin like cows (which we stupidly call "skin disorders"), and even those with skin that changes complexion over time (like "vitiligo"). We should admire these variations the same way we admire the variations in cats, birds, and other living creatures.

EDIT: I honestly wonder if there were other pigment variations that got killed off over time. Like if there were striped people, blue or purple people, tailed people, etc. Edit: Ok, "tails" have nothing to do with pigmentation but I wonder about this kind of variation, too.

edit on 18-12-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

First off a Black Jesus is very very very old school some came from Coptic Christians or Eastern Orthodox ,but they also show show up in western Europe in places like Spain, France Portugal Eastern Europe and Eurasia Poland and Russia, Turkey and Armenia ,so while some of us moderns think this is P.C or multi-culti gone awry you need to rethink that.
Second "Black" and middle eastern are not mutually exclusive blacks have been in the so called Middle East since the first modern man walk out of Africa down to the present, and no!! before someone say it they weren't all bought there by slavery.
Last Jesus as we know him never existed Black or not , but the early Church clearly took earlier images of the Kemetic mother and child Isis and Horus and incorporate them in their new version of an old belief .

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

What's crazy is it took 3 pages for that comment or anything close to be said.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Just shaking my head trying to understand why people would take offense to this. The doll still represents the God Christians believe in. I'm white and considering the area where Jesus was supposed to be born, he most likely would be of middle eastern decent. So I'm sure the representations depicted by the white majority is bias, lol.

I lump this in with the same thread about a Christmas picture made in jest. There's a lot more dire problems in this world than getting upset about the color of a doll in a nativity scene. Some people have way too much time on their hands, lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: cuckooold

Just shaking my head trying to understand why people would take offense to this. The doll still represents the God Christians believe in. I'm white and considering the area where Jesus was supposed to be born, he most likely would be of middle eastern decent. So I'm sure the representations depicted by the white majority is bias, lol.

I lump this in with the same thread about a Christmas picture made in jest. There's a lot more dire problems in this world than getting upset about the color of a doll in a nativity scene. Some people have way too much time on their hands, lol.

Because it's more than just imagery to some, the Jesus figure which is an aspect of god is central to the notion of Western civilization which in the mind of most meant white, and the notion of western civilization as superior to all others is represented by the blond superman and his divine father who art in heaven, mind you this way of thinking is relatively recent, as early Europeans could conceive of Jesus as any complexion especially after they visit the so called holy land and rubbed shoulders with the multi hued inhabitants of that region.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

I hope the other family members of Jesus in the nativity scene are black too, otherwise, you know what I am talking about.

If they made Mary look like Stacey Dash I would contemplate getting back into religion.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
God created Man in his image. The White Man created the world for what it is today, and this simply can not be denied. What power, if not European led to what we have? None. Of course some other regions had influence, but none so much as the Whites. This is not racism, simply look at history. So now, you can't tell me the son of the being who created everything is anything but White. Oh wait, that being doesn't exist. Well, still love Christmas, but I'll keep my own traditions

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join