It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Jesus doll sparks complaints for being 'offensive to Christians'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

That is just morality wrong, Santa has a white beard. Isn't anything sacred anymore...

I picked up a stack of black Santa Christmas cards last year to send out as gag cards. Everyone from LA to NJ to NE got a good chuckle out of them. Tsst

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Actually, Adult Swim is airing "Black Jesus":

It's actually one of my favorite TV shows. If you get on YouTube you can watch some clips. If your cable provider has "on-demand" check the "free on demand" section for it.

The show had me rolling on the floor laughing so hard. People take things way, way to seriously. Deep underneath the show's comic exterior, there are some seriously deep moral lessons in the show.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Colour is only skin deep and has no bearing on the character of a person

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: OhOkYeah

Yes what the average male of christs time period & geographic location would probably have looked like.
So yes jesus more than likely looked similar to that depiction.

But sure just a waste of time since it doesn't fit your religulous fantasies of what christ looked like.

K~

Everyone knows he was middle eastern. But to pretend like they can map out the facial features of a person that might not have existed is absolutely haram.

Wow seriously? Good god man they didn't claim it was the visage of christ himself but that of a man from his time & place.
Really I can't tell if you have comprehension issues or pedantic troll issues.
What I find disgusting is not the idea of a "black jesus" but people who would take issue over such a thing.

K~

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
it would be so funny to see all the Christians whom can only dream of a white jesus to get to heaven and see what looks like a man from northern Africa-middle east complexion greet them.

I wonder if they would still be disgusted. i bet they would still make fun of how he looks behind his back, or stereotype the 'not white' jesus, or wish theyd gone to hell instead.

i hope jesus has a place reserved for them....

the hate for a certain skin color is so deep that the religious people who should be more tolerant, blatantly paint a not accurate portrait of their savior because of status quo. makes you think.

the meek shall inherit the... oh wait i dont do mumbo jumbo religion non sense

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman The Christianity that I follow looks at the entire bible as God's word breathed into the prophets and those who wrote the bible. The new testament wouldn't make sense without the old testament especially with all the old testament passages that build up to the arrival of Jesus in the New Testament.
I am baffled by any Christian that thinks the ten Commandments shouldn't at least try to be followed.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yes what the average male of christs time period & geographic location would probably have looked like.

But sure just a waste of time since it doesn't fit your religulous fantasies of what christ looked like.

K~

Everyone knows he was middle eastern. But to pretend like they can map out the facial features of a person that might not have existed is absolutely haram.

Wow seriously? Good god man they didn't claim it was the visage of christ himself but that of a man from his time & place.
What I find disgusting is not the idea of a "black jesus" but people who would take issue over such a thing.

K~

So, you think some nerd with a computer beats out all of DaVinci's depictions of Jesus?

No

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

K~

K~

So, you think some nerd with a computer beats out all of DaVinci's depictions of Jesus?

No

Wait, that's why think Jesus was white? Did DaVinci have a photo of him?

You realize nearly all paintings of Jesus portrayed him to look like a member of the culture he was being portrayed in.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Don't bother, his posts are becoming so moronic I believe he's just trying to yank our chains.

K~

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Leonardo da Vinci was a genius of his age, perhaps THE genius, but by the standards of today's knowledge, a layperson. Amongst today's most brilliant minds, his understanding would be like that of a child, a smart one, but a child none the less.

And as for his genius being capable of besting a nerd with a computer, at rendering an imagined image? Without doubt. At assembling a face based on pre-existing athropological data? No, not at all. Sorry.

It is pretty obvious that you have a problem with the concept being dealt with in this thread, because you are expressing some pretty deep seated misunderstandings about ethnicity and genetics, and how they most assuredly play into the life and times of Jesus Christ. These are flaws in thought, which one could not possibly make if the balance of ones mind was even and steady. Evidently something about the idea of Jesus not being a white skinned, light eyed fellow makes you deeply uneasy. There IS something wrong with taking such a position.

I would still love Jesus Christ, even if he was black, brown, olive skinned, an albino, of Chinese extraction, or from the other side of the damned Moon. The fellow was awesome, and continues to be awesome, regardless of your opinion of his ethnic and genetic background.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
its funny that a man who supposedly spent his lifetime on earth teach tolerance and all his children are equal; now his skin color is a topic of issue.

somewhere in heaven:

Jesus: 'you guys know my mother wasnt white right? or at the time of my birth, hygiene was not what it is today, and especially in that part of the world i was born in it would be impossible to have beautiful blond hair and fair white skin some 5000 years ago and not many genetic blue eyed people roaming that region today.'

Person who wants Jesus to be white(possibly white themselves): 'but how can the son of god not be white... this has got to be hell not heaven.'

its funny to see how most of Jesus's apostle's are depicted to look somewhat not white and of middle eastern descent, but not Jesus. all the big guns were white as well with long flowing blond hair.

why does a race think like that..?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Leonardo da Vinci was a genius of his age, perhaps THE genius, but by the standards of today's knowledge, a layperson. Amongst today's most brilliant minds, his understanding would be like that of a child, a smart one, but a child none the less.

And as for his genius being capable of besting a nerd with a computer, at rendering an imagined image? Without doubt. At assembling a face based on pre-existing athropological data? No, not at all. Sorry.

It is pretty obvious that you have a problem with the concept being dealt with in this thread, because you are expressing some pretty deep seated misunderstandings about ethnicity and genetics, and how they most assuredly play into the life and times of Jesus Christ. These are flaws in thought, which one could not possibly make if the balance of ones mind was even and steady. Evidently something about the idea of Jesus not being a white skinned, light eyed fellow makes you deeply uneasy. There IS something wrong with taking such a position.

I would still love Jesus Christ, even if he was black, brown, olive skinned, an albino, of Chinese extraction, or from the other side of the damned Moon. The fellow was awesome, and continues to be awesome, regardless of your opinion of his ethnic and genetic background.

I never claimed that Jesus was white or light eyed.

What I said was that it was a complete waste of time and resources just to tell people exactly what everyone already knew.

They generated an image of a middle eastern man. Guess what? There are millions of them that we can look at to see what a middle eastern man looks like.

Nothing ground breaking happened.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This is disgusting

The son of GOD is absolutely NOT black

Hopefully you're just trolling, because otherwise you're simply a # racist.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well at least they could have made it Aborigine with kinky blond hair..geez... it is Australia. Oh BTW we are talking about a town of 14,000 so we might be having this heavy debate over what 12 people there who think he should be white. Lol

FYI, this story is from Melbourne, a city of over 4.4 million, and very multicultural to boot.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
I hope the other family members of Jesus in the nativity scene are black too, otherwise, you know what I am talking about.
Thank you, that was a really funny comment!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

Well at least they could have made it Aborigine with kinky blond hair..geez... it is Australia. Oh BTW we are talking about a town of 14,000 so we might be having this heavy debate over what 12 people there who think he should be white. Lol

FYI, this story is from Melbourne, a city of over 4.4 million, and very multicultural to boot.

FYI, you are close it is in Pascoe Vale, a suburb of Melbourne population 14,000 with a few people pissed off that Jesus isn't white...lol

edit on 18-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

This is disgusting

Is Jesus of African descent or not? I'm not sure you can call Middle Eastern countries African descent...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Well thank God Jesus is Christian and not Muslim or you would be in big trouble mister....

Please tell me you know he was Jewish...or is the facetiousness button failing us again?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

In all honesty, he & the Prophet Adam are my 2 favorite Prophets. But one of the few things that would make me like them even more is if they had tiger stripes, pointed ears, or other different features. I'm not joking either. I think it would be amazing if the people from different eras had distinct physical features that don't exist anymore.

Many of the early and middle denominations used to paint & sculpt the Prophet Moses/Musa with horns. Basically, they misinterpreted some passages & came to that conclusion. And the Edomites were always called "red people", so I wonder if they were various shades of red/reddish brown, like Native Americans/Amerindians. Or if they were closer to red haired with red freckles? Or maybe they were reddish skinned with black or yellow freckles?

Sorry, just rambling. I think it would be incredibly boring if everyone looked the same. Even in places where everyone is the same ethnic group now, they just find other reasons to hate each other. Like height, weight, eye color, hair color, blood type, favorite sports team, etc. People create superficial divisions so they can grant advantages to specific groups. As long as people keep doing that, there will always be bickering over stuff like this.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

This is disgusting

Is Jesus of African descent or not? I'm not sure you can call Middle Eastern countries African descent...

What's the "Middle East"? That entire region is both Western Asia and Northern Africa. And nearly all of the Bible happened in Western Asia and North Africa (especially if you accept the Aramaic Pes-hitta instead of the Greek versions).

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join