It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is satan willing to give so much power?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

You choose to give power to whatever you choose if it be God, Satan or the Devil or Star Wars the choice in your existence/ interpretation, is only of your mind and is yours alone to choose

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Well, here's the thing. That question isn't based in anything, but fine I'll try to answer. Gold has magical properties in legend, platinum does not and leprechauns are magical beings. You can argue I'm wrong, but what answer is right? I gave an answer. As tasked.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Well, here's the thing. That question isn't based in anything, but fine I'll try to answer. Gold has magical properties in legend, platinum does not and leprechauns are magical beings. You can argue I'm wrong, but what answer is right? I gave an answer. As tasked.

OK..Satan gives powers to lure people into giving their souls to him... I guess its an answer but neither question or answer means anything.

edit on 18-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well, neither Satan nor leprechauns exist, but hey. There's always an answer of some sort to give.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who believe they are free."

Goethe

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fingle

You choose to give power to whatever you choose if it be God, Satan or the Devil or Star Wars the choice in your existence/ interpretation, is only of your mind and is yours alone to choose

Fingle; no one is answering the interesting questions posed (not even the OP paying little attention to those contributing to its thread). I choose to keep the power 'prana' (that which I have) than expend it upon an idea of Satan. God allows Satan to exist WHY? because God is Satan (loves polarity).
edit on 18-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Like the American way. To have power, you must have an enemy. If you have no natural enemy, create him. Real or not is irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Like the American way. To have power, you must have an enemy. If you have no natural enemy, create him. Real or not is irrelevant.

The enemy is just the polarized opposite; negative vs positive (good vs evil) perceived as being a threat to Body, Country. Americans fought hard for this freedom (Revolutionary War/Civil War). This Universe is in motion; polarized to cause change as it will founder if becomes static.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I laugh. They fought for freedom. What we have is not freedom, but that is far off topic so let us not continue. You fail to respond to my message truly. Hmm, I'd rather not continue this discussion. Have a good day though, and maybe I'll see you around the boards. Or not...

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Um, my reply was based on Satanism.

I have a question... I see your belief system is based on self power with freewill controlled by the individual with God and Satan nonexistent. As a serious question, why is your belief called Satanism then?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ok well, I don't really adhere to it, but I'll gladly answer, having read the Satanic Bible and will respond with a quote. Let me find the quote required, a moment if you will.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
" 'Satanism is based on a very sound philosophy', say the emancipated. 'But why call it Satanism? Why not call it something like Humanism or a name that would have the connotation of a witchcraft group, something a little less esoteric-something less blatant.' There is more than one reason for this. Humanism is not a religion. It is simply a way of life with no ceremony or dogma. Satanism has both ceremony and dogma."

Hmm, apologies. I can not locate the other quote I seek. I will however try to find it. But overall, simply because of the age we live in. At the time of the creation of Satanism, 1966/1967, Christianity was a dominate force. Were it (Satanism) to be created in another age it would have a different name.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Christianity was a dominate force. Were it (Satanism) to be created in another age it would have a different name.

Seems it was created as anti-Christianity with the word Satan in its name to signify that goal. It stills strikes me odd to name a belief system after a nonexistent evil deity. Sounds more like a form of Wiccan and not something that would actually worship Satan. BTW those who do worship Satan what is their belief system called?

edit on 19-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Because if you actually are dealing with Satan, it's a little like that quote from Jurassic Park, "That's the illusion. You never had control!" Who said Satan is giving up anything? In order to gain from the transaction, you must first give yourself up to him which means he still exercises all that power through you. It's still his.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It is not anti-Christianity. Ah well, Christmas Day I will put up a thread about Satanism so I will explain all, and answer all. But it is not anti-Christianity. Oh sure you can call those Satanists. but they are more like a cult, not the religion. Think of Westboro Baptist Church. That is the name i believe.

edit on 19-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gell1234
I've noticed something and I don't think its just me...Satan is willing to give power to people where God just wont...

Have you had the same experience?

That’s not true…God does give power to people…it’s just a power that helps to increase an magnify Gods Kingdom and spiritual truths…as in these verses below…

1 Corinthians 12: 7-11
7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

The power that Satan offers though is generally connected to things of the flesh and selfish desires…one key example being Jesus getting tempted (by Satan) in the wilderness…

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”
10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.”

So both Satan and God offer powers, they’re just different types of powers, all we have to do, is choose which path to take…

- JC

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I laugh. They fought for freedom. What we have is not freedom, but that is far off topic so let us not continue. You fail to respond to my message truly. Hmm, I'd rather not continue this discussion. Have a good day though, and maybe I'll see you around the boards. Or not...

Who creates the enemy? God or his creatures that were given free will; (not so) humans always do Gods will whether they like it not.
edit on 19-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ultimately. Man creates His gods.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Christianity was a dominate force. Were it (Satanism) to be created in another age it would have a different name.

Seems it was created as anti-Christianity with the word Satan in its name to signify that goal. It stills strikes me odd to name a belief system after a nonexistent evil deity. Sounds more like a form of Wiccan and not something that would actually worship Satan. BTW those who do worship Satan what is their belief system called?

Satirical Satanists Comedy Group, street gang: Copacetic Dragons, Fun loving Black Arts Hacks Circus. An undefined High School Club that remains in Home Room (trying to organize something) after finishing detention.
edit on 19-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Ultimately. Man creates His gods.

Man has an unusually aggressive imagination to create the idea of something larger than itself (a prime creator) beyond its own comprehension.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join