It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is satan willing to give so much power?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
I have no clue what people have against Satan, but read my very first quote in the OP. You can see I do not think Satan gives us power, but enlightens us that we have power.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
I have a surprise coming for ATS. It may receive heat, though it really shouldn't because it won't go against anything.

Any spoilers available concerning what this 'surprise' might contain. i am curious.
Will it be big enough for a new thread ?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha
Yes, it's a thread I promised weeks ago

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yes, it's a thread I promised weeks ago

Thanks. i will look forward to reading it.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha
Well, the next, or second upcoming thread I post will be it. The day I place it and the topic are the funny bit. Hmm, hope to have that energy for it. At the moment preparing for my final final exam, just over an hour till it begins.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

a reply to: gell1234
"God" is a symbol of the life of constraint and servitude, and "Satan" is the a symbol of lack of constraint (unless it is illegal, against another's will or stupid) and freedom. He does not give power, but he (Satan) let's it be known that we have power.

Freewill is freewill to do anything right? What does legality or stupidity got to do with freewill? Who determines what is legal or stupid with freewill? I'm sure your answer would be each person so that basically means a person can do whatever they feel like doing. There is no good or evil in freewill self created restraints, or lack of.

Would Satan get upset if I gave a homeless man 20 bucks, I would say no, and would he get upset if I cut his throat instead, most likely no too. To me this is the highest level of narcissism and I really have a hard time trusting that when the only restrains are what the person feels like having. As I said there is no good or evil in any action with this so yes a Satanist could be a great person just as easily as a person you would never want to know. I'm not saying it isn't that way too with "God fearing people" but at least there is some morality involved on that side of things that isn't self created.

edit on 18-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I have no clue what people have against Satan, but read my very first quote in the OP. You can see I do not think Satan gives us power, but enlightens us that we have power.

I replied to your other post, but my point was the OPs question is not really a valid one as you suggest it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yes, but that was my second post. Unless I'm mistaken. Why isn't it valid? Just curious, what makes one question valid, but another not? Is it your dislike that it might go against your views? Or something else?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Um, my reply was based on Satanism. Illegal and stupid things are not allowed, or at least not condoned. But I'll get into that another time. Actually, hmm, I'm not going to argue because my argument would be based off of Satanism, and not Satan. Satan doesn't exist. Neither does God. Also, quick question. Someone posted one can not exist without the other, God and Satan, but I thought the Jews didn't believe in Satan?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yes, but that was my second post. Unless I'm mistaken. Why isn't it valid? Just curious, what makes one question valid, but another not? Is it your dislike that it might go against your views? Or something else?

Because he is assuming this power to give is actually factual and it isn't. If he wrote "why do people who believe in Satan thinks he gives powers?" then that would be more correct of a question since it can actually be answered?. I could say "why do leprechauns have gold in their pots and not platinum?" but it would be a poor question since it can not be answer unless we can prove that there are leprechauns with pots of gold in the first place.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have to say I'm a little confused.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

So what does the devil/satan do?

Power? You give your power to religion.
Stop doing that. Realise that you have freedom.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hmm, but the thing is, you could answer his current question by saying that Satan does not in fact give power and explain why (like I did).

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Hmm, but the thing is, you could answer his current question by saying that Satan does not in fact give power and explain why (like I did).

True, as I could suggest Satan does not exist. I wasn't attacking your post, I was just stating his question kind of sucked.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Depends, what you mean by power and to whom?

why does Hitler come to rise? do as you will is a very central satanic teaching.

why does satan oppose god? because he must and because he can.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
No, I understand, might not be the best wording. But it is possible to answer every question.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gell1234
I've noticed something and I don't think its just me...Satan is willing to give power to people where God just wont...

Have you had the same experience?

He lures people in that way without most of them realizing the deception before it's too late, or realizing how extremely temporary that power is going to last, and when your contract is up, you die and he owns you.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Um, my reply was based on Satanism. Illegal and stupid things are not allowed, or at least not condoned. But I'll get into that another time. Actually, hmm, I'm not going to argue because my argument would be based off of Satanism, and not Satan. Satan doesn't exist. Neither does God. Also, quick question. Someone posted one can not exist without the other, God and Satan, but I thought the Jews didn't believe in Satan?

I do not know, but I think it is more along the lines of good can not exist without evil. We can have good and evil with or without Satan, and since Satan was Gods greatest angel then I guess God can exist without him too. Good and evil does not exists outside of the human thought either since they are human concepts. There is no evil or good in the animal kingdom, only with humans.

One interesting point I see here. The OP talks about Satan and you talk about a concept.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
Depends, what you mean by power and to whom?

why does Hitler come to rise? do as you will is a very central satanic teaching.

why does satan oppose god? because he must and because he can.
www.americasfreedomfighters.com... possible witnesses ended up dead, all possible records of the care of infant Obama burned in the church fire

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

No, I understand, might not be the best wording. But it is possible to answer every question.

Why do leprechauns have gold in their pots and not platinum?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well, first I'm going to have to request you explain what you mean by your last point: "One interesting point I see here. The OP talks about Satan and you talk about a concept." Just a tad confused, so if you could shed some light. Hmm, actually, I recall from high school my English teacher saying something quite different. Evil is all destructive, including self-destructive, so evil, once destroying all good will destroy itself. So this implies that evil can not exist without good. On the other hand good, is productive and can exist without evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join