It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is satan willing to give so much power?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Because he/she/it is a carefully crafted fear tool designed by religion to justify complicity, and doesn't actually exist?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Because he/she/it is a carefully crafted fear tool designed by religion to justify complicity, and doesn't actually exist?

The best fear based human manipulation tool made so far (nuclear devices come in as close second).
edit on 22-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

What if Satan (the great adversary), Lucifer (the bringer of light) is working under orders of God himself, what if Lucifer weeps every time one of us accepts his offer knowing that the test God has set for us through him (Satan) has successfully tempted us?

Maybe the bringer of Light has a thankless task that is necessary for the advancement of the spirit of man?

Maybe...

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Hitler is my main example...He nearly took over the world...when has God given a man the power to nearly take over the world. (I don't believe in Jesus)

Hitler nearly took over the world? I don't think so, maybe a large portion of Europe and bit of Africa but no where near the world.

Hitler was given power by the devil? Is this what you are implying?

I have a personal view of what God is and what the devil represents, so dont assume that I am talking a bearded guy in the clouds and a beast with horns. these views are based of my religious beliefs, my philosophical beliefs and my life experiences, pretty much like many that believe in some sort of creator or grand architect.

In my belief, God doesn't grant power other than the power of free will, to choose. to make the hard choice or to take the easy choice.

The devil, tries to influence those choices we are free to make.

God might use some of the tools to get around the free will by giving people signs which could simply be identified as coincidences by many but might have meaning to an individual.

The devil doesn't grant power, its the choices people make in which they gain power over others or not. the devil is just voice in your head, not a literal voice separate of your minds voice but your own so it can deceive you in believing its your own choice, which it is but influenced by a negative instead of positive.

To look at it from a destiny/fate perspective with God being the Grand Architect then its God that grants people power that other such as yourself believe other have for a purpose of fulfilling destiny.

Its not that God grants the individual power but simply that is direction of where ones life will lead and how others lives will be affected by it due to how its designed to be, if we look at it from a destiny point of view.

I cant begin to understand what Gods plans are or even define God other than God is everything in my belief.

If the world is as corrupt as some people here at ATS say then where are all the Government 'good guys'

that is a big 'if'.

Don't believe or base your beliefs on what people online say.

Use your own real life experiences, no matter how limited or unlimited they might be, its those experiences that will be more true than what you find online, on TV or in newspapers.

Life is simply an experience, a test.

You can choose to believe in one thing over another but dont forget that all have so much learn, so many more questions before that test is over.

You change with what you experience, if its negative now, like what it seems like due to your questions and the thread title, it will most definitely change at some point in time.

As much as test it is, its also a roller coaster ride.

Life is an experience.

there is much negativity, it could be 99%, but its the 1% that makes it all worth it.

I hope you find you way to seeing that you have power and nothing can grant it to you or take it away.

edit on 23-12-2015 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnobody

Maybe...

maybe.

that view is something I have pondered on many times, many other have as well.

It makes sense, but for me its not God ordering, God in my opinion isn't a figure or being either is the devil to be giving or taking orders.

But I like the idea you suggest as a way to try and understand the purpose of ones life that might believe in God and devil in being in positions as you mention and how that might influence ones life.

But the questions still remain or new questions arise as the answers are not clear and defined enough to come to a conclusion and we are left with ....maybe.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Demonic beings in general do not grant power. We already have the power ourselves, what we lack is knowledge of how to use it.

Magical power comes from the ability to focus and direct attention. Unfortunately, we have squandered our most precious resource on egotistical concerns, rendering us magically ineffective. Demons are adept at manipulating people's attention so as to activate their latent magical abilities. It's why knocking is such a popular manifestation in hauntings and the like. Why do you knock on someone's door? To get their attention.

You don't need demons to teach you magic (or attention schema theory if you prefer), but it could be beneficial depending on your perspective. If I were to try and teach you magic, I have to deal with all your bull#, your beliefs, how your feel about things, if you like it or not, debating the theory... Those types of entities don't have any sympathy or compassion for egotistical concerns, and from that perspective, it can be rough (but good for you).

The power is your own, and you have more of it than you could imagine.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnobody
What if Satan (the great adversary), Lucifer (the bringer of light) is working under orders of God himself, what if Lucifer weeps every time one of us accepts his offer knowing that the test God has set for us through him (Satan) has successfully tempted us?
Maybe the bringer of Light has a thankless task that is necessary for the advancement of the spirit of man?
Maybe...

Scapegoat for God. God created everything including Lucifer (allowing this Being to exist and exert force) and its afterthought "Satan" to disrupt and cause chaos from the 4th dimension drawing from the 2nd affecting the 3rd. Not sure what the war is about (disenfranchisement) of something or other.
edit on 24-12-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I think of the Devil and God as carpe diem. The devil may be easier and more fun now but in the long run it won't be that great. Being a religious person or being close to God is harder but in the long run it will be the better option.

So, don't seize the day

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If God is the one who gives people their positions in authority, why is the world so screwed up? He's been giving the wrong people power apparently.

"Whosoever desires the reward of the Hereafter, We give him increase in his reward, and whosoever desires the reward of this world, We give him thereof, and he has no portion in the Hereafter." - Qur'an, 42:20

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

A man nearly…… took over the world? Hitler the Devils work? Or merely a man with a thought, inclined good evil the old subjective linage, what if there is 3, the trinity of existence, good evil and the long piece of string, can’t be understood or measured just is part of the equation? We being instrumental in it as source thought of the string before our output of it, then Hitler was a bit of string Theory?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fingle
a reply to: InhaleExhale

A man nearly…… took over the world? Hitler the Devils work? Or merely a man with a thought, inclined good evil the old subjective linage, what if there is 3, the trinity of existence, good evil and the long piece of string, can’t be understood or measured just is part of the equation? We being instrumental in it as source thought of the string before our output of it, then Hitler was a bit of string Theory?

You realize the Absolute is perfect?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I don't think that there is a Satan. I think that what you are referring to is the planet Saturn which has been worshipped for thousands of years. It resides in the vicinity of the constellation Capricorn which is depicted as a goat. This is why we see Satan Portrayed as a Goat. None of these so-called entities such as Jesus, Satan, Lucifer actually existed as beings, nor do I believe that they were ever intended to.

Here is a part of the bible where Lucifer is mentioned

Isaiah 14:12
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Venus is the SUN of the morning. Always has been. Here is some basic information about Lucifer ( I mean Venus) The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate,[15] which translates הֵילֵל (hebrew) as lucifer,[16][17]meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus", or, as an adjective, "light-bringing".[18] Later Christian tradition came to use the Latin word for "morning star", lucifer, as a proper name ("Lucifer") for the devil; as he was before his fall.[19] As a result, "'Lucifer' has become a by-word for Satan/the Devil in the church and in popular literature",[15] as in Dante Alighieri's Inferno, Joost van den Vondel's Lucifer (play) (nl)and John Milton's Paradise Lost.[13] However, the Latin word never came to be used almost exclusively, as in English, in this way, and was applied to others also, including Jesus.[20] The image of a morning star fallen from the sky is generally believed among scholars to have a parallel in Canaanite mythology.[21]
Looks like the son ( Sun ) of the morning to me. Brightest object in the sky before the sun rises.

From Wikipedia ( I use Wikipedia for very basic info only) "Morning star, most commonly used as a name for the planet Venus when it appears in the east before sunrise. Venus is also the Evening Star. The ancients first thought the two were separate stars and later realized it was the same star appearing as the harbinger of the Sun in the east and marking the end of the day in the west."

Satan is really Saturn. Saturn is viewed to be pretty evil primarily because it is associated with Capricorn the Goat. He is the ruler of Saturn and rules the earth during the coldest parts of the year. It is interesting if you look at the latin meaning of hell and how similar it is to winter. In Italian the word for Hell is Inferno in word Winter is Inverno. Hell is really just a metaphor for winter. Winter sucks....

This picture may help put things into perspective.. In fact- just this picture alone you can use to explain a ton of religion.
biblodiac.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
A more troubling question for me in the years since I stopped believing in "religion" is... Why does Satan exist at all, if God is more powerful?

If a sadist bully tortures your children and you have the means to get rid of him. You'd do so. Since we are God's children and Satan brings disease, murder, etc.., why does God allow him to continue?

I would rather think that God is not powerful enough to wipe Satan out of existence, than to think that he allows Satan to do these things to his beloved creations...his children.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This might be why:

Or I'm full of it and am messing with you.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
In other words: "YOUR EGO IS NOT YOUR FRIEND".
edit on 23-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join