It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to abolish political correctness?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well see, that's the beauty of this whole thing...

Nobody is forcing any kind of filters on you. It's just an illusion made up in your own mind brought on by the minority of whiners out there standing on their soapboxes screaming for attention.

The rest of us don't actually give a damn if you open your mouth and get your ass whooped.

The whiners run deep on both sides of this trivial little first-world 'problem'.

Please don't say "ass", I'm fanny-phobic.

I do see what you mean, but I feel that the issue is too ingrained in our society.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If posts like your last 2 are the manners your parents taught you, may not want to brag about them.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Well see, that's the beauty of this whole thing...

Nobody is forcing any kind of filters on you. It's just an illusion made up in your own mind brought on by the minority of whiners out there standing on their soapboxes screaming for attention.

The rest of us don't actually give a damn if you open your mouth and get your ass whooped.

The whiners run deep on both sides of this trivial little first-world 'problem'.

Please don't say "ass", I'm fanny-phobic.

I do see what you mean, but I feel that the issue is too ingrained in our society.

"Please don't say "ass", I'm fanny-phobic."

Ahem...Wrong entrance.

I personally don't like 'fanny' but I am partial to a 'phoof'.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

I don't want to cause offence, and I will moderate my language in order not to offend people, even if I thought it was OK, but clearly to that person it wasn't.

Your anecdotal is the reason why I tend to side with the anti-PC crowd on this issue...Because regardless of what your intent is on the language and phrases you choose to use in a given context, someone is always going to end up butt-hurt in the end.

Although I agree that there is nothing wrong with attempting to restrain your thoughts to show some compassion and empathy in public discourse, it's just how far can one be restrained before your infringing on their right to free speech?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: nwtrucker

So how is that going to make PC go away?

It probably won't. I was joking.

It is ironic, we've found a way 'around' the first without 'violating' the first and to comment on it would....violate the first...

Only in America....LOL

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I could have tried it using faith, and then you would have spent all that time yelling about Christian victimhood.

That and fat, old, redneck, cracker.

herp

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones but Names Can Never Hurt Me.

But names do hurt people.
And thousands upon thousands of not millions have attempted or been successful in their own suicide because of it.

And a prime example of names hurting people is you claiming I want to "bully" racists.

You're as PC as those you lambaste, just the polar opposite in reason.

Why do you give someone else that kind of power over you?

Look.

I am an anti-social introvert. I spent a lot of time being bullied unmercifully growing up. I had to learn the hard way that when someone calls you something or picks on you, they are doing it specifically to make you move and make them feel good about something, to take power over you. Yeah, it hurts. It hurts like hell. But what you have to do is move to the epiphany that THEY. DON'T. MATTER. The only ones who really matter are the ones who love you, and when they speak, you listen.

So, you want to go after people you think are racists, but you don't KNOW. You can't know. I can't know. The only one who really knows is that person ... or God.

And striking out at that person doesn't make you good or righteous, and it doesn't make the world any better. Let them talk s***. All it is is talk. Now if they move on to act, then defend if you must, yourself or others.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Nope but it can cost you a job these days just one mere suspicion alone. Remember the gal who sent an off color tweet before boarding a plane to fly to Africa? The tweet got picked up by the social media and her firm had fired her before she got off the flight and even had any kind of chance to explain anything.

I also remember a person getting fired for posting on Facebook that she was smoking a bowl during work hours. People get fired for all sorts of petty reasons. So what?

That goes beyond the saying, even beyond broken bones. Now she has a mark on her resume that she's going to have explain to every single future employer. If I remember right the tweet itself was one that could be interpreted one of several ways even.

Oh well. Sucks to be her. Life sucks sometimes. You deal with it and move on.

I think for people like the young lady above. It's something quite a bit more than simply having hurt feelings.

Probably, but again life sucks sometimes.

PC is not changing society for the better. It has created a society of bullies. Think out way or we'll destroy you and everything you hold dear (notice I'm not talking about feelings anymore). Ever been to a PC anti-bullying seminar? From the perspective of an anti-social introvert, you are simply teaching a new style of socially approved bullying and calling it anti-bullying. PC is the same only it goes further and destroys.

If you say so.

If we were actually ONLY talking about feelings, it would be one thing.

We are.

If we were only talking about feelings, I wouldn't be complaining. I deal with this kind of crap every day not being terribly PC myself and taking crap for it regularly on places like here where I don't feel as much like I'm risking my livelihood and family like I would be if I spouted in the real world.

Yeah god forbid you be polite in polite society right?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Some would say that pc came about fighting the social norm of this idea of you being able to he as offensive as you want to random people and not expect them to say anything about it.

edit on thTue, 15 Dec 2015 15:28:36 -0600America/Chicago1220153680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yea well the world is run by people like you and look where that is taking us.

If the world were run by people like me, the world would be MUCH different than how it is now. I just happen to agree with political correctness.

Sometimes a different approach is needed, whose to say what approach is right or wrong. The PC culture according to you.

Says the guy saying that the PC approach is wrong.

You ask how to abolish PC culture and call anything that anyone comes up with absurd.

It IS absurd. It's unrealistic to demand that we prevent all children from EVER speaking up when they are offended. That is literally textbook totalitarianism.

I think people like you like the current status quo...gives them a bit of power where none should be...

Sure believe whatever you want about me. I really don't care actually.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: madwilly
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If posts like your last 2 are the manners your parents taught you, may not want to brag about them.

Please quote the bad manners I exhibited instead of being vaguely specious.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
""How to abolish political correctness?""

Simple.

Don't give in to the MSM propaganda garbage.

Especially the Big3 networks ABC, CBS, NBC viewed by the majority.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Calling illegal aliens "undocumented workers".

My fiance made the comment once that she was in the mood for some mexican food. Dumb Mexican up here got offended and told her she can't say Mexican because it's offensive. Four blacks unfriended her on Facebook because she posted an "e-card" that said "For all the money they take out of my paycheck, the least they could do is send me a picture for my fridge of the ghetto family I'm supporting." One of the blacks wrote her a private msg that talked about how all of her family were doctors and lawyers and such.

This kind of crap didn't even get a double take 8 years ago.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was always called a pollack and I am not.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: Krazysh0tPoliticians, Teachers, News Papers, TV personalities just simply start speaking the way people actually are talking. Do not fear being ridiculed for your own thoughts. Speak your mind it is that simple. If you hurt someones feelings and it truthful to bad for them. The truth will always be correct. Feelings should not enter into the conversations when it comes to speech.

Exactly. That's the entire point of PC. We'll call you a racist/bigot/xenophobe, but you shouldn't fear being ridiculed for your own thoughts. Just own them. If you hurt someone's feelings and it truthful too bad for them.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
People need to grow some skin. Really. All you young folk who gripe and complain only shows how insecure you are in your own thin skin. Really.

One of the high schools I went to was 85- 95% Native...erm Indian. "eh white boyeee" "Eh Weenuck" "Hey! you stole our land" "Hey look at the white boyeee, think you're tough?" "F--- White Boy Faggot"

Guess what? I drank with all of them. Yeah, that's right. The white boy who would endure racist bs everyday at school hung out with the Indians and drank at house parties. When a fight broke out (which they always did) guess who everyone would turn to to get a reaction? Yeah, me, the white boy in a house full of drunken Indians.

Thing is, none of that # they said mattered. Why? Because I'm secure and tough. I would say, what are you going to fight me with ? Your tomahawk? while throwing out my best Indian accent. Eeeeh Weenuck, go get some beer ehhhh ever sick. Then we'd laugh and we'd laugh about it. Slap on the back and carry on.

PC? It's for pussies who need to get out of the city and go chop some friggen wood already.

link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

It is a fine line, and to be fair this is the first time I have ever had to apologise at work for anything I have ever written in an email.

Do you think that as we are more text based than verbal now that this has increased the notion of PC, as we don't have the visual cues, voice tone or body language to truly get the idea of what that person is trying to convey and how they are saying it.

Irony does not type well for example, nor sarcasm.

Maybe a bit of drifting, but my mind is now wandering...

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
""How to abolish political correctness?""

Simple.

Don't give in to the MSM propaganda garbage.

Especially the Big3 networks ABC, CBS, NBC viewed by the majority.

So personal accountability? Wow. You are literally the first conservative person in the thread I've actually agreed with now.

link   

I'm sorry you were a victim of bullying, kets, truly...

I think it's disgusting but I also think to ask "why do you give them power over you" is myopic...
People are different and take things differently.

Statistically not all are as strong as you have been.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Some would say that pc came about fighting to social norm of this idea of you being able to he as offensive as you want to random people and not expect them to say anything about it.

That's where they are wrong. You are free to say what you want, just be ready to accept what everyone else says.

Free expression doesn't man you are obligated to listen, or to even be heard.

It just means that no one has the right to stifle your free expression.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join