It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to abolish political correctness?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My brothers called me baby huey

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: nwtrucker

So how is that going to make PC go away?

It probably won't. I was joking.

It is ironic, we've found a way 'around' the first without 'violating' the first and to comment on it would....violate the first...

Only in America....LOL

Welcome to my world when it comes to racist/bigoted sentiments. I hate them, wish people would stop saying them, yet there is nothing that can be done legally to stop them. But now you've pinpointed why PC culture exists in the first place. People were getting fed up with the constitutional protections on hate speech so they went around it with PC culture.
edit on 15-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well see, that's the beauty of this whole thing...

Nobody is forcing any kind of filters on you. It's just an illusion made up in your own mind brought on by the minority of whiners out there standing on their soapboxes screaming for attention.

The rest of us don't actually give a damn if you open your mouth and get your ass whooped.

The whiners run deep on both sides of this trivial little first-world 'problem'.

Please don't say "ass", I'm fanny-phobic.

I do see what you mean, but I feel that the issue is too ingrained in our society.

Well then on that note...

Allow me the pleasure of wishing you a very merry Christm-ass.

See ?!

Even us liberal tree-hugging pc nutbags enjoy jumping over to the dark side once in a while.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm talking about PC. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

In my first post, I used the term "retardo" in the second post, I used the term "illegal alien".

Both terms have been made taboo by the PC brigade for obvious reasons.

Controlling the way people use their free expression.

You are free to say it and I am free to criticise it.

All you are doing by choosing such language is alienating MOST people. These people will think if you hold attitudes like that you will not be such a nice guy to hang out with or listen to. I am on of those people. It makes me know that you are not respectful of others and tells me a whole heap about you.

I do defend your right to alienate yourself and limit yourself and let us know you are doing it and that may be you are not the nicest guy in the world.

Alienate himself? By being politically incorrect? Hell, he falls in with the silent majority. Far from alienating himself.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I don't think that Joke was necessarily in the best of taste...

were the people that unfriended her actual physical friends, in reality?

If not, then maybe this was taken more personally as they couldn't match your girlfriend's personality and sense of humour to the post because they didn't know it?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours also.

link   

Here Here!

link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: Krazysh0tPoliticians, Teachers, News Papers, TV personalities just simply start speaking the way people actually are talking. Do not fear being ridiculed for your own thoughts. Speak your mind it is that simple. If you hurt someones feelings and it truthful to bad for them. The truth will always be correct. Feelings should not enter into the conversations when it comes to speech.

Exactly. That's the entire point of PC. We'll call you a racist/bigot/xenophobe, but you shouldn't fear being ridiculed for your own thoughts. Just own them. If you hurt someone's feelings and it truthful too bad for them.

What a stupid statement...

'We'll call you bigot, racist and xenophobe'? That's what's annoying you say you'll call people these names and they can have their thoughts which might not even be any of those in the first place.

Then you say these names won't hurt you...but they do. Being labelled a racist etc can ruin your career and life.

So you're willing to throw about names that can potentially ruin someone's life because you don't see eye to eye with them?

Well this is a real eye opener into the PC culture.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Conservatives are all anti PC until you criticize them....

Then it's playing the victim card and crybaby time.

It's a constant meme Ive noticed.

What's funny is that the left likes to try to insult and bash the right, and then when the right defend themselves, you guys come along and call them the crybabies. Too bad you can't see the forest for the trees.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Child suspended from school for saying "Merry Christmas"
Thats what we're talking about when we say "PC nut jobs"

That never happened.

I know, see my post HERE

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: madwilly
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If posts like your last 2 are the manners your parents taught you, may not want to brag about them.

Please quote the bad manners I exhibited instead of being vaguely specious.

hee hee

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

YES! You whacked the head off the nail with that one.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You are free to say those terms where ever you want...who is controlling anything?

People speaking out against you saying it isn't controlling you, just the victim card.

I know it isn't PC to be respectful to people in the eyes of some. Funny how they do the same thing they accuse the 'pc police' of doing. Telling us what we 'can't' say. Like happy holidays instead of merry Christmas.

Nobody cares that you prefer Happy Holidays. The problem comes when you try to silence those that say Merry Christmas...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

When I the last time you hugged a tree mister?

I do I love the forest and the friendly forest creatures.

link   
a reply to: LSU0408

and they don't believe in Santa

link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Child suspended from school for saying "Merry Christmas"
Thats what we're talking about when we say "PC nut jobs"

According to "them," they think we're telling them they can't say Happy Holidays. Heh...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

Do you think that as we are more text based than verbal now that this has increased the notion of PC, as we don't have the visual cues, voice tone or body language to truly get the idea of what that person is trying to convey and how they are saying it.

Yup I think your on to something for sure, A ton of people are on the internet and are using cellphones as their main way to communicate so your going to have a higher chance the more sensitive types are being exposed to cruel behavior which is why you have sites like Tumblr and Facebook who have LGBT safe space chat rooms and such. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with the intent behind that.

How ever I think all sides of this issue need to stop caring so much what people say, stop getting offended so easily that way the language filters are not needed.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific

Here Here!

What does that mean exactly?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

In other words, you would prefer we not talk about anything here because God forbid we be polite in polite society?

Also, you do understand that in today's economy, simply moving on to a new job is not nearly as easy as 1, 2, 3 ... especially if you have to explain in your interview why you last firm fired you for a racist tweet or at least a tweet everyone thought was racist.

Good luck with that.

It is one thing to simply call each other names in order to try to shame each other into shutting up. It is quite another to push the envelope to where you can get people fired because they said something you don't like whether it was actually racist, bigoted, homophobic or not.

edit on 15-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

a reply to: DAZ21

Promote freedom of speech? Like the freedom to call someone a racist for saying something racist?

No, the freedom to call someone a racist for calling the ACA "Obamacare" because it was a failure and they don't want his name on it.

The freedom to call someone a racist for using the term thug.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join