It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amputee Soldier's FB Post on Muslims Goes Viral

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
a reply to: Indigo5

I would certainly say that claiming complete hatred against an entire group of people like muslims is a very shallow way of thinking, however what I would point out as a very important point of view would be.

It is their way of life, that should be banned in any other country that does not have such roots.

That is the key here, as at the end of the day Islamic countries stay, Islamic. However USA and the UK are slowly becoming a watered down version of itself. This in the long term is very bad for any country to leave behind its history, its roots.

Yes theocracies suck...yes they need to go away and the slow motion Arab Spring is creating opportunity for that...also opportunity for ISIS and other extremists.

But the idea that the USA or UK are becoming "watered down versions of themselves"?? You have too little faith in the foundations and endurance of our way of life. the only way we ever creep closer to theocracy or tyranny is through our own doing...folks of a mind like Donald Trump's.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Interesting making a constitutional 'argument'.

Which does open the discussion to other issues namely the 'Shall not be infringed' one.

But it's perfectly acceptable to violate that right.

But then again. Immigration is NOT an exercise of religion.

No one comes here on 'holy' pilgrimages.

But then again we live in a country where a naivety scenes makes people heads explode, and where a public school it's forbidden to say the pledge that has GOD in it.

For YEARS Trump critics have just love to tell us how SECULAR we are.

Except when it comes to the 'free exercise of Islam'.
edit on 10-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If you think this could not happen with seemly thinking we are stronger then we show, is a wrong doing.

These small questions to governments for bits and pieces of wants from those forcing a movement, will slowly gather speed in coming years and they know this and most others do not. Sitting back thinking the government will notice this, is a worrying thought too. The governments of the world are not interested in keeping their country sweet but promoting growth. If that means allowing complications to strike our streets, then so be it for their games.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
a reply to: neo96

Hypothetical here:

What if....Radicals were bombing the U.S. on a DAILY basis. Let's say, averaging 100 people a day.

At what point does it become an issue?

The same can be applied to mentally ill having access to guns..at what point does it become an issue?

Although (and I am going to actually say this..lol) Neo has a point. It is not reasonable to lump an entire group together due someone from that group doing something horrendous.
I like the sarcasim in your post. However it's a terrible point being the fact is there are already laws in place that prohibits mentally I'll people from legally obtaining guns. Oh and that goes for terrorists too.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: forkedtongue

Immigrating muslims is not the purpose of Americas gov, keeping Americans safe in America is its primary job.

Creating groups like ISIS isn't the primary purpose of the American government either. Nor is invading other nations for no reason and giving them the reason for wanting to attack America.

We have enough issues without importing more so you bleeding hearts can feel good about being yourselves.

We have enough problems without the xenophobes in our nation who keep crying for war because they wet their knickers everytime they hear the word Muslim.

Not my problem to deal with, nor any other Americans.

It is our problem to deal with because it was our actions that created the conditions these people were forced to live in. Didn't mommy and daddy ever tell you it's your mess now clean it up? We made the mess now it's our place to clean it up.

Whom is this WE you keep talking about, like WE the people are the ones who caused ANY of this and need to now be held responsible and clean things up.

What a blatant waste of time, you can't clean things up when you weren't there to do the messing, you will never have an idea of HOW or WHAT TO DO.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
However it's a terrible point being the fact is there are already laws in place that prohibits mentally I'll people from legally obtaining guns. Oh and that goes for terrorists too.

But they are obviously ineffective. Or they are obviously getting them from other gun owners.

Possible jail and a huge fine for people who have private sales without proper background checks when selling a gun.

Maybe stricter laws being enforced when someone is stopped with an unregistered gun or maybe a huge fine for those who do not report a gun stolen. Minimum jail time for those who commit crimes and are found to have a gun on their person when arrested whether a gun was used or not.

Maybe having them list the mentally ill people in their family with serious mental health issues and have had a history of violence.

Anything that may help stop criminals and mentally ill people from having access to them.

edit on 10-12-2015 by theonenonlyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I would like to see these post you are talking about that refer to banning all guns,outlawing them all or condemning the entire gun community for the actions of a few.

All I have seen so far anyways are people asking for stricter and more reasonable gun laws that would make it extremely hard to own one. Why is owning a car a privilege but not a gun? A car requires training before owning one and showing to the government that you have been through all training and understand the rules and regulations before able to drive...why not guns?

Truth be told though...I think in all honesty it is too late for any sort of new and reasonable or strict gun laws to be enacted since I am pretty sure America is flooded with guns both legal and illegal.

I wonder though, if guns are supposed to make your country safer..then why isn't it?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Why is owning a car a privilege but not a gun?

Apply the muslim standard( what Trump said) to guns.

Easy answer.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

It isnt bigotry to want to make sure that the muslims ISIS says they are hiding terrorists amongst arent terrorists.

It is prudence.

Since they already snuck at least several into western nations, I think it is a very smart move.

Pathetic folks think this way. 12 million + Muslims live in the U.S. Because a few snuck in.. we need to exercise that level of control and "prudence?"

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Wait.. because it's not YOUR liberty, it doesn't matter? This nation was built on the foundation of liberties, including freedom of religion. It is talked about ad nauseam on these forums. How our liberties are eroded. Being lost. Compromised. But apparently if you are a Muslim, you don't count? Absolutely pathetic.

Even if you count 9/11 and this latest incident, it's a miniscule attack on the U.S. And we are ready because of it, to give up our freedoms? It's so ironic that many of you will supposedly do anything to protect the liberties that matter to YOU, be it gun control, freedom of speech, etc. But if it's a religion that you don't practice, an exception can be made?

This country makes me sad.. and some of you who supposedly say this country makes YOU sad.. also makes me sad. All talk.. only the freedoms that interest you matter. Not the freedoms that built the nation.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Apply the muslim standard( what Trump said) to guns.

Easy answer.

Not the same thing , not even close.

Being a person or practicing a religion should not be a privilege it should be a right.

Why is everything else that is considered dangerous a privilege and certain qualifications must fulfilled before able to work with or own one but not a gun? Why when something has been deemed too dangerous for the average citizen it is recalled or stricter laws are enacted but not for guns?

Crazy way of thinking I say..

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yeah so interesting. Same goes for Muslims a few shootings by radicals..and asking for all Muslims to be put in a database, label them all potential terrorist or deny refugees from Middle Eastern countries due to safety is perfectly OK.

Suggest making guns hard to get for some people because of an actual threat that exists in America and everyone loses their minds.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I don't believe his story one bit. Also, you're not a hero for getting your leg blown off.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Really should delete that meme.

It is about as asinine as it gets.

Columbine happened during the height of the CLinton ASWB.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This is my first time posting on ATS so heres my 2 cents....

1) Thank you to the soldier mentioned for his sacrifice and service of our nation.

2) It is my opinion that coming to and taking up residence in the USA is and should always be a PRIVILEGE held to the highest standard and in no way whatsoever is a right to be felt entitled to by anyone anywhere not born into and commited to being a part of the US, its history and its traditional ideals. Yes, we have always been a "melting pot" and its said that is what makes up great, but most of the population that made up that mix over time has at least had somewhat similar traditionas, religious views, etc, or accepted to become what was considered "American". The trend today of calling oneself or group (insert name here-American..ex: Mexican American, Chinese American) is in of itself devisive, destructive, and counter to any shared national unity. Im not saying you cant be proud of your heritage, but thats your heritage. Not who you are now as an American...You are either an American or youre something else..period

3) I have always tried to judge each man on his own merits. But when in reference to matters of our nation and its required to think of a class or group as a whole, the actions of the majority come into consideration. With it being said that it is such a small minority of Muslims with these radical, violent views, and the intent to carry out attrocities, why isn't the other supposed vast majority doing everything in its power and more to weed them out and stamp them out from within their own social structures? I know this is not an original thought by any means but it is imo a very valid one and one that i think strikes fear into many people and helps to add to the growing mistrust and fear of Muslims and Islam. The lack of nothing short of the loudest and most decisive outcry from the supposed"peaceful" Muslim majority especially at this point, is nothing more than deafeningly silent....The ramifications from this continued silence and lack of action is frightening.

4) Proving that the Western world and western thinking is not compatible or willing to be compatible with Islam is exactly what ISIS and the Muslim radicals want. It is their proof and their power in converting those on the fence or even those in the feild to side with their idea of the faith, no matter how twisted the version, and become violent. We are playing right into their hands. But again i dont see how anyone outside of the faith can win this war of ideology.

Bottom line i guess is that Islam as a whole is goin to have to choose its own destiny and with that being said, i dont see how we can keep ourselves "safe" and not lump all Muslims together..good, bad, or other..It's THEIR choice and i hope they do something positive soon. It is not a RIGHT to live in America..there is a sacrifice, an assimilation and a price.....

Ok...rip me apart

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

On the spectrum of people qualified to speak about violence by Muslims I find his credentials much greater than Donald Trump.

Interested in opinions..

Disagree. I agree with Trump's plan. Why are we taking "refugees" anyway? What happened to legal immigration?

There are so many people trying to come to America from all over the world, places in as bad or worse shape than Syria or Iraq.

By your logic the US should invite every poor 3rd world and down-trodden person in the world to live with us.

Nevermind the fact, that these "refugees" have already been proven they can be easily infiltrated by terror cells.

I am not gonna be the one inviting them to live in my country. Trump 16'

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Really should delete that meme.

It is about as asinine as it gets.

Columbine happened during the height of the CLinton ASWB.

But based on facts..
So not as asinine as your would like.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

The facts are:

The Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) — officially, the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act — is a subsection of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994,

The ten-year ban was passed by the U.S. Congress on September 13, 1994, and signed into law by President Bill Clinton the same day.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Columbine High School massacre or simply Columbine was a school shooting that occurred on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School in Columbine

Those are the facts.

Robyn Anderson, a friend of Klebold and Harris, bought the shotguns and the Hi-Point 9mm Carbine at The Tanner Gun Show in December of 1998 from unlicensed sellers. Because Anderson purchased the guns for someone else, the transition constituted an illegal "straw purchase." Klebold and Harris bought the TEC-DC9 from a pizza shop employee named Mark Manes, who knew they were too young to purchase the assault pistol, but nevertheless sold it to them for $500.

www.vpc.org...

Straw purchased like two of the SB attack.

But I digress can't infringe the first amendment right of a muslim.

But yes sirrie you can infringe the second amendment RIGHT of gun owners.

That's what they call an epic case of cognitive dissonance.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

it is amazing that you people refuse to consider anything that might help stop more mass shootings.

Mass shooting are horrible but what is worse is that there are people who are unwilling to consider reasonable measures to stop or limit mass murder as long as they get to keep their guns.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Your constant need to spin what was actually said is amazing. No one wants your guns, reasonable people and shooting victims families only want to stop these types of people from getting guns.

Spin this..no one wants law abiding, non violent or mentally stable peoples guns, they only want to take measures to stop the other people from getting guns.

edit on 11-12-2015 by theonenonlyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

Your constant need to spin what was actually said is amazing. No one wants your guns, reasonable people and shooting victims families only want to stop these types of people from getting guns.

Spin this..no one wants law abiding, non violent or mentally stable peoples guns, they only want to take measures to stop the other people from getting guns.

Bullchit.

Those non-violent mentally stable and law abiding citizens cannot carry a full auto Glock 10mm in a gun free zone. People like you have made that a felony.

Not only that, but the number of murders in gun free zones is on YOUR hands.
pfffft ... "we don't want your guns" yeah yeah, heard it all before.

edit on 11-12-2015 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2015 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join