It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amputee Soldier's FB Post on Muslims Goes Viral

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Not controlled
could be a recommendation sent down from thy Higher Self observing the time loops here with better lens perceptions, Metallicus Or The CREATOR GOD
Too many people / beings depends on politics and its observed 1 is sure beyond here. So from the experiences I have had within Existence I LEARNED & try not to input too much in, unless its situations where many lives or beings require my personal input.

Do not want to put my interest / input on influences that may make some powerful who in turn harm others. Because I BELIEVE there is more to reality then what is experienced here on EA*RTH and even within this UNIVERSES and believe there will be a time 1 will be asked about why I supported that being/person who may have caused harm upon many in that time of existence...

What you do here affects elsewhere type thinking Metallicus, be well.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hypothetical here:

What if....Radicals were bombing the U.S. on a DAILY basis. Let's say, averaging 100 people a day.

At what point would you consider screening and scrutinizing Muslims from OUTSIDE the country trying to gain access?

At what point does it become an issue?

Is it a numbers thing? Because I can guarantee you the CALIPHATE and the KHALIF aren't done with us.

edit on 10-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

As my position as a gun owner.

I don't like it being done to me. So I wouldn't support for them.

There is another way to accomplish the desired effect.

That would be a travel ban for a set period of time for the Gulf states in the middle east.

But it wouldn't be effective in any way. They would just use other countries as entrance points.

So it really does no good in the end.

Same way with the bans of drugs,alcohol, and tobacco, and immigration from the southern border.

To put it succinctly. Our government can't stop snip.
edit on 10-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Hypothetical here:

What if....Radicals were bombing the U.S. on a DAILY basis. Let's say, averaging 100 people a day.

The same can be applied to mentally ill having access to guns..at what point does it become an issue?

Although (and I am going to actually say this..lol) Neo has a point. It is not reasonable to lump an entire group together due someone from that group doing something horrendous.
edit on 10-12-2015 by theonenonlyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.
uhh Muslims aren't a race so no it's not bigotry

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Then the Caliphate will run over us in the VERY NEAR future.

And when Boko Haram gets more $$$ and more power and joins direct forces with Nusra, Qaeda, ISIS...we and Europe are effing DONE for.

All this PC "feel good" stuff won't stop that.

edit on 10-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Oh I know.

It's not the first time Trump Critics sided with the enemy.

They have before with the Viet Cong.

Everyone knows how that war turned out.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

Hypothetical here:

The same can be applied to mentally ill having access to guns..at what point does it become an issue?

Although (and I am going to actually say this..lol) Neo has a point. It is not reasonable to lump an entire group together due someone from that group doing something horrendous.

At what point do we address mental illness itself?

And I never claimed lumping all people together.

BUT,..I know...that when I studied Islam, went to mosque, went to lunch events, sat in on debates, sat in on "Wudu"...spoke with the Imam about things....and even when I did painting jobs for Muslims in 'the circle' there was discussion of violence against America.

And this was in a Mosque in a very WHITE community in Northern California in 2002.

Taqiyya is a thing. It's real. And there are MANY mosques which have members that push the line of radicalism and even speak of joining Jihad...I've known it first hand

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It is a lovely story, but I am not swallowing a load of BS just because it makes you feel good. I don't believe his story is entirely true and if you do then you are naive.

And who is the true naive person here? The one who buys into the propaganda being spread by anti Muslims and most likely never actually interacted with them or the ones who believe a soldier that has had daily experiences with them.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

dont give a #, Trumps plans are ALL covered in United States law and powers that several presidents have exercised to an extent.

Emotional Edward Bernays bull# marketing wont work on me, and it wont work on a good lot of people either.

Translation: The constitution says its ok to legislate bigotry, so good enough for me.

It doesn't say any such thing, but could you point out the part of OUR constitution that says we HAVE to except everyone even the suspected terrorist mixed in the with refugees?
What exactly is wrong with Mr Trumps plan of temporarily putting the brakes on emigration until we can get a better test to weed out the ones that mean the American people harm?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Thank you for responding.

I didn't want to think you were being controlled by some evil entity or some sort of alien influence or Government agents.

Anyway, I also believe in a Creator God and a Prime Move in some form. I really don't need the details because I know ultimately I am responsible for me and what I do and learn while here.

Thanks for the share!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Well I am stubborn and grumpy. I don't care what others believe unless they attack me or mine and well, that is sort of what is happening here with Radical Islam.

If that makes me 'intolerant' and a bigot I can live with that label.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You are welcome Matallicus.

ANd 1 can understand your logic in viewing "THE" without the many labels THE has obtained over time
for they do seem and tend to confuse things, that's why 1 tries to simplify things for many here and beyond as CREATOR...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It is a lovely story, but I am not swallowing a load of BS just because it makes you feel good. I don't believe his story is entirely true and if you do then you are naive.

And who is the true naive person here? The one who buys into the propaganda being spread by anti Muslims and most likely never actually interacted with them or the ones who believe a soldier that has had daily experiences with them.

Well, it was muslims that tried to take the World Trade Center in 93, The FT Hood terror attack by a muslim in 09, A woman gets beheaded by a muslim in Oklahoma in 2014, San Bernardino terror attack by a muslim. So what was that about being naive?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Indigo5

But Christians are not the ones associated with ISIS, alQaeda, and other Islamic radical extremists. Only muslims.

Common sense, ability to discern a problem, where it's coming from, the main ones involved in it, then formulating a solution....damned political correctness.

Hmmm...But Syed Farook was born and raised in the USA? And how does trump intend to exclude Muslims? Ask them to raise their hands? And of course skin color and nationality isn't being discussed..Just "Muslims"...so lily white Muslims from Canada and such are banned too?

But hell...If "Muslim" is the danger why stop at immigration? Syed Farook was a native....so why not round them up in determent camps? Like we did with the Japanese?

Just as long as we are talking "Common sense, ability to discern a problem...then formulating a solution" and such..

Cuz if your plan is to sacrifice what makes us America in trade for perceived greater safety...I think it's fair for folks to ask you to explain your thinking before doing so.

Tashfeen The Terror Lady was NOT born and raised in the USA. She arrived through deceit and a faulty visa program, or else someone in State or Homeland Security turned a blind eye. How many more have entered while HS looked the other way? I hope somebody is looking at who is employed there in charge of screening incomings.
edit on 10-12-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

Well, it was muslims that tried to take the World Trade Center in 93, The FT Hood terror attack by a muslim in 09, A woman gets beheaded by a muslim in Oklahoma in 2014, San Bernardino terror attack by a muslim. So what was that about being naive?

Do you have the same of white men with guns? After all most mass shootings have been committed by them?

How about Christians who went on killing sprees?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I would certainly say that claiming complete hatred against an entire group of people like muslims is a very shallow way of thinking, however what I would point out as a very important point of view would be.

It is their way of life, that should be banned in any other country that does not have such roots.

That is the key here, as at the end of the day Islamic countries stay, Islamic. However USA and the UK are slowly becoming a watered down version of itself. This in the long term is very bad for any country to leave behind its history, its roots.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

2) There is currently an Islamic CALIPHATE, on our PLANET, in 2015, in UNDER merely 24 hours flight time away from you.

...I am so scared...Honestly who gives a crap what ISIS declares? A bunch of sociopathic morally malformed teen aged and wannabe important people..with guns. I don't care if they declare a "CALIPHATE"...I don't care what they say they are doing or fighting for or what religion they hide behind. They are sociopaths, rapists, killers of children...criminals and not immune to either bombs or bullets. My Grandfather fought the Nazi's...no drones available...and we paid an insanely high price in lives to destroy that evil, but we did and we always will...ISIS?..What on earth are you so scared of that you are willing to pony up the Principles that make us America?

Those who hyperbolize this into some kind of conflict of civilizations are spreading ISIS's BS meme on their behalf.

You know who does actually have a "Caliphate"???...the Roman Catholic Church..they got 109 acres of their own little world just west of Rome.

ISIS has a bunch rapists, torturers and murderers playing soldiers in Raqqa.

...I fear the Donald Trumps of the world much more than I do ISIS...cuz the fear mongering Donald Trumps of the world are the guys that actually end up destroying great nations with populist fear mongering and cowardice policy proposals sacrificing our principles ...that rots countries from the inside.

Just my 2 cents..

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well...that was a rational response.

Clearly there is a job of work to be done in the Middle East, and Chris Herbert never said any different. What he said was that there was no reason to hate Muslims generally, for the stupid and irrational acts of a small percentage of them.

He was right in what he said, and on this occasion you were mistaken in your interpretation.

I might as well make a "I have a Black friend" post in response to gang violence in Detroit

So all blacks are violent gang members? Should they be denied entry to the US?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Indigo5

Just as a side note...The 1st amendment, speaking directly to restraints demanded of Lawmakers..forbids them from passing any laws that discriminate based on religion.

Those lawmakers are who the 1st amendment speaks to...not us citizens...not aliens...so those who claim that it does not speak to aliens...correct...it speaks to US Citizens, namely Lawmakers and makes them passing legislation discriminating by religion illegal...>Doesn't matter if that legislation faces US Citizens or Aliens or folks from mars...it restrains lawmakers.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

In addition, exclusions of certain religions is establishment by default. Anyone who took a law class in Highschool can recognize that and the SCOTUS would certainly determine the same.

Iran and similar theocracies outlaw religions.

Strange to see a similar ideology find so much public support amongst the right wing.
Right on.......but its our constitution. You know AMERICA'S constitution for Americans.

I mean if our constitution applied to everyone else in the world then why don't we liberate those poor North Korean people from Kim Jong. I mean surly he is breaking our constitution right?

Or perhaps all those supressed raped degraded women that are treated like pets in some other countrys?

I eagerly await a response to this one.

Yes...our constitution only applies to US Citizens (more or less)...

What you are missing (and you are not alone here) is that the 1st Amendment is not granting right to US Citizens..It is telling US Citizens (Government) what they can not do.

The first amendment presupposes everyone's freedom of religion and tells CONGRESS they can not mess with it.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

And Congress is legally bound (as US Citizens) to abide by that...

A Law discriminating based on religion? Unconstitutional for congress to pass that law..

The First Amendment tells the Gov what laws they can not pass...it doesn't grant or retract rights to either US Citizens, Aliens or anyone else.

It is a statement limiting Lawmakers...not granting rights (citizen or alien)...those rights are assumed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join