It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amputee Soldier's FB Post on Muslims Goes Viral

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Indigo5

This story sounds like BS to me.

Agenda much?

Why do you say that? You don't believe there are Muslim medics, nurses, healthcare assistants, taxi drivers, and doctors?

Not in the percentages necessary to make this story a mathematical probability that ALL of his statements are true.

ETA: I think the story was embellished to support his agenda.
edit on 2015/12/10 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Really? You know the percentages of Muslims in those professions?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Metallicus

Really? You know the percentages of Muslims in those professions?

Well, a quick search returns this:

"The Islamic Medical Association of North America estimates that there are more than 20,000 Muslim physicians in the United States. Similarly, an analysis of statistics provided by the American Medical Association indicatesthat 10% of all American physicians are Muslims. The hospital itself is not an American invention — it’s an Egyptian one. For that matter, the father of modern surgery wasn’t an American Protestant pioneer, either, but a 10th-Century Muslim physician from Spain, Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi. [Source]"

"An analysis of all the above data suggests that more than 10% of American physicians are Muslim, while Muslims make up less than 3% of the total U.S. population. “Thus, its safe to say there is number of Muslim physicians is above average,” says Dr. Salim Aziz, a prominent heart surgeon with offices in Maryland and the District. [Source]"

Granted, these are Muslim sources, but I think they got it about right.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Ok so we've pinpointed that the percentages of Muslims that are in health care in North America are above average, so what does that have to do with being injured in the Middle East? When I blew out my ACL in Iraq, I was treated by quite a few Muslim health care professionals too

Also the guy in the OP was in the British military, and last I checked Great Britain isn't in North America.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I guess that solves it then.

Pack your bags and go home folks. A CALIPHATE in Middle East does not exist and terrorism has been deemed not a threat!!

Because an amputee soldier knows some good Muslims!!!!

The war is over!! Let's celebrate!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rewdy75
a reply to: forkedtongue

People like you sound you never got any love from your parents, thats why your bitter!

...and people like you sound like you never went to school, that's why you can't spell!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The anti Muslims talk about how evil..etc they are and meanwhile they are spewing their own hateful and vile opinions and calling for the death and destruction of those people.

And somehow they apparently think they are better than the radicals.

So much hate in this world, do we really need to fight fire with fire? Sure there are radical Muslims who have done horrible things but there also those of different religions/races who have done the same. Do we attack all those people of that race/religion with the same passion as Muslims?

Why do they get a pass ? I think it is because you can make the distinction between radicals and moderates of those specific groups, so why is it so hard for you to do the same when it comes followers of Islam?

Also if you never read or studied the Quran in great depth, do not talk like you know what that faith is all about. Going on a biased website about how evil Muslims are and reading cherry picked or misinterpreted quotes from that book does not mean you know what you are talking about.

As for me, I can only talk about my own experiences. I worked with these people and most were awesome, there were also those who kept to themselves. I also go to school with some and they seem very nice, no classes with them as of yet but from the small interaction we have, they seem respectful. I live by a park and see them with their children...guess what, they laugh, show affection and play with them basically.

What I am basically saying is that they are normal every day people.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Pack your bags and go home folks. A CALIPHATE in Middle East does not exist and terrorism has been deemed not a threat!!

Actually he is talking about his own personal experiences with Muslims.

Stopping spinning the story into a imagined talking point.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

Why not, one nice story obviously outweights all the negative ones duh.

Just like I can prove that one nut with a gun means all the millions of gun owners that never break a law should be stripped of their rights.

Right guys?

Right?

Oh I guess that logic falasy only works with guns, not muslims....NVM.

It is amazing how you people are able to spin this story into a negative one.

I have never seen all gun owners being blamed for mass shooting but more like the blaming of how easy it is to get a gun for mentally ill person.

But this is not a pro or anti gun thread, hopefully the mods will put a stop to the off-topic chatter.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theonenonlyone

I don't think it is a 'negative' story I just think he made it up or at least parts of it to fit his narrative. It doesn't mean that his intentions weren't good, but I know a load of BS when I see it and this story stinks.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I don't think it is a 'negative' story I just think he made it up or at least parts of it to fit his narrative. It doesn't mean that his intentions weren't good, but I know a load of BS when I see it and this story stinks.

Why, because it does not fit your narrative about what a Muslim is? What could he possibly gain by sharing his experience?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Well...that was a rational response.

Clearly there is a job of work to be done in the Middle East, and Chris Herbert never said any different. What he said was that there was no reason to hate Muslims generally, for the stupid and irrational acts of a small percentage of them.

He was right in what he said, and on this occasion you were mistaken in your interpretation.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone

Actually he is talking about his own personal experiences with Muslims.

Stopping spinning the story into a imagined talking point.

ACTUALLY.....the one SPINNING is the soldier, all the reposters on FB, and those making the story "viral"..

And I'M calling it out. The "talking point" is HIS
edit on 10-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Clearly there is a job of work to be done in the Middle East, and Chris Herbert never said any different. What he said was that there was no reason to hate Muslims generally, for the stupid and irrational acts of a small percentage of them.

He was right in what he said, and on this occasion you were mistaken in your interpretation.

I might as well make a "I have a Black friend" post in response to gang violence in Detroit

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

So a paris doesnt happen here. You know using logic to prevent a tragedy in the making.

Like having smoke detectors and sprinklers in a building.

Prevention of problems goes a long way towards not having problems.

OK so you want your fellow Americans safe, sounds reasonable.

Are you against making sure your fellow Americans are safe from mass shootings by trying to limit access to them by mentally ill people?

It has been proven time and time again that mentally ill Americans are getting a hold of guns and going on shootings sprees, why not be for that also, if your are truly worried about the safety of your fellow country men?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

He doesn't strike me as the type to "Embellish"...And A muslim Health Care Worker, Cabbie and Soldier are only far fetched if you mind has been warped to think they are all ISIL.

His fellow soldier losing part of his arm has been confirmed

Mr Herbert, a private in the 4th Battalion of the Yorkshire Regiment, was one of three soldiers injured when a bomb was detonated next to their Land Rover on 9 February 2007.

One of his comrades, 21-year-old Private Luke Simpson, died in the attack.

Fellow soldiers Captain Ibrar Ali had his right hand amputated and Private Paul Davey had shrapnel in both legs and underwent surgery.

Mr Herbert later said that, in the moments after the attack, he tried to stand and saw the tibia and fibia bones sticking out of his leg.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Seriously...Anonymous internet keyboard jockeys calling BS on a Soldier who lost his leg in battle...

Classy..

edit on 10-12-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I might as well make a "I have a Black friend" post in response to gang violence in Detroit

Yep because that "black friend" you bring up would show the world that not all black people are involved in gangs or shootings.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

This Soldiers "black friend" was Captain Ibrar Ali or the British Military, and he lost his hand during the attack. Just because you are apt to BS, doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

ACTUALLY.....the one SPINNING is the soldier, all the reposters on FB, and those making the story "viral"..

And I'M calling it out. The "talking point" is HIS

What is not valid about his talking point? Why is it BS when he talks about his own experiences with Muslims?

He even includes the stereotype of Muslims you prefer to believe in.

To say his story is BS when it comes to the good ones, then you must also disregard the one about his leg being blown up by the bad Muslim you love to hate.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

This Soldiers "black friend" was Captain Ibrar Ali or the British Military, and he lost his hand during the attack. Just because you are apt to BS, doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

Great so we've established that there are good Muslims and bad ones.

Color me relieved

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join